(Topic ID: 299791)

Rush or Motley Crue

By Rascal_H

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Rush or Crue”

• Rush Pinball 208 votes
      47%
    • Motley Crue Pinball 235 votes
      53%

(443 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2F0BFA43-EFE7-4924-990A-EF024EBF6882.gif
    9AF6B929-DA12-413D-B0D6-B3960F60B8E3 (resized).jpeg
    9255F6C0-A16E-4B40-A178-20A32E888697 (resized).jpeg
    9133728D-E48C-4614-8C97-A794CFD2A545 (resized).jpeg
    20150524_192207 (resized).jpg
    76cbd146e7f35a44b912f88e20228b46 (resized).jpg
    16379540778402584373181184889177 (resized).jpg
    triumphrockmachine (resized).jpeg
    AF1D18A1-6A1E-4E7E-B059-2049962ED5DF.jpeg
    7E5328A2-80BA-443C-90FE-FD2168004881.jpeg
    EBD0D86D-CE96-45B6-8E1D-55F22DA103D6.png
    FFE1F177-CFFE-4AC3-8DDF-D9EEEE81B28B.png
    F639E4C2-A652-41D2-ABA1-58D1F616F82D.png
    0442D7D5-4FC3-4EA4-890E-407D80D205BE.png
    cdb809c01916b2f13fd607bdc756f224 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5800 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago

Both sound great but Rush for me.

#10 2 years ago

Two threads are better than one! /bad joke What is the highest selling music pin?

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Crue is currently more popular than Rush, according to sales/downloads. I don’t really care much for either though. But like Rarehero was saying popularity doesn’t always equate to pin sales.

Guess you have never heard the necromancer

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

Don't know who the F#ck Rush is, and not going to google to find out!
    Just a very easy passsssss
    And I'm sure that I'm not the only one in Australia regards who is Rush! Other than the Racing Movie - Hunt
    Bring on Jaws and BTTF and I'll be more than happy!

Rush would bring more sales than midnight oil mate

#101 2 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Rush maybe has a little better lead singer, but with what Vince lacks in vocals, Mick and Tommy more than adequately make up for. You could pull almost any 3 songs from each of the first 4 albums and have a kick ass pin.
    Have a black shout at the devil cabinet with Allister Fiend on the sides of the head and pentagram on the sides of the cabinet with shout at the devil written below it.(won’t happen though).Have a Theatre of pain cabinet, or a Dr Feelgood cabinet.
    I don’t want the naked Rush Dude. So many Crue songs I can name off the top of my head, Rush, not a chance. Rush puts off a gay vibe in my opinion. Sorry Rush fans.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You need to get your head examined

#164 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Exactly how do you know if you never heard the music.They usually dont play Rush on the same station you hear olivia newton john.

U tube The band Buffalo (live in Australia video 1974) and Rush on The same ticket would of been awesome. Shows Aussies like rock so it would be impossible if no Rush fans in Australia.

#165 2 years ago

I would argue Buffalo is a better band than midnight oil but I'm an old rocker

#168 2 years ago

Don't forget the record companies grip and payola. ..just listen to zappa joes garage.

#199 2 years ago

Rush = brilliant musicians vs Crue brilliant entertainers

#201 2 years ago

I think both pins are worthy

#221 2 years ago

There are so many songs equal or better than tom sawyer...I highly recommend listening to my favourite and most underrated of all rush songs, the necromancer. A perfect song for a rush pin I.m.o

#222 2 years ago
    1631114106720458613904 (resized).jpg1631114106720458613904 (resized).jpg
    #229 2 years ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

I hope for Rush the same way that I hoped for Maiden. Not interested but great for the many who are. Crue though, I’m almost certainly buying.

Both pins would sell
    Wonder if it's time for rap pin... outkast?
    .speakerboxxx

#249 2 years ago
    Quoted from WarriorPin:

Neither, but Rush sucks.

What a hot load of poo
    If neither then why open the thread?

#250 2 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Accolades aside, his "opinion" of their music can't be wrong. Talent doesn't always translate to enjoyable music for everyone. It's obviously very subjective, but to me, Geddy Lee makes my ears bleed, and all the awards and record sales on the planet will never change my mind.
    It's kind of funny how everyone tries to convince each other of what they enjoy is the correct choice and that only someone with no ear for talent couldn't see it. I'll give you your point about Rush being talented, but don't you dare try and tell me that lima beans are delicious. I don't care how many awards they win at the farmer's markets.

Another hot load of poo
    Farmers markets? both Motley Crue and Rush are monstors of rock. Personally I would. buy both .

#253 2 years ago

What really puzzles is me no pink Floyd series pin. ..start with dark side of the moon.

#255 2 years ago

What's wrong with a playable pink Floyd speaker ?

#256 2 years ago

Check out the pink Floyd busker in Italy u tube.
    You never get the business unless you ask for the business. ..who know many he's a pinball fan.

#263 2 years ago
    Quoted from rushfan:

So not true. I counted three woman at their last concert in Toronto.
    Rush will sell. There are a lot of us - with cash.
    Got the guitar and beer. Now need the pin.
    Rush haters will be haters... get over it.
    The end.
    [quoted image]

Your song choices for Rush pin?
    Just curious..

#264 2 years ago

List best songs for Crue and Rush pins,
    Top 5 each band?
    The developers should pay attention to this thread.

#265 2 years ago

Agree YYZ excellent choice for multi ball..
    FYI. .YYZ is airport code for Toronto.

#267 2 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I'd rather have another theme with a curated soundtrack incorporated into the overall package.

This thread is for Rush and Crue fans..

#273 2 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Looks like Geddy Lee and pinball collector Ed Robertson from Baranaked Ladies are teaming up ..for something. Would have been nice to combine these two into a pin ! Maybe they have ?
    [quoted image]

Likely a music collaboration.

#278 2 years ago

Both Rush and Crüe would sell out.

#279 2 years ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

A 2112 edit is a must for me. Or hell, just throw the whole side A in…it’s a masterpiece.

The Trees would be a great song John, “the maples scream oppression!” lol

#280 2 years ago

If anyone here knows rush there is a battle song called the trees ..maple trees vs oak.

#283 2 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

The Trees is about the many opinions on Pinside.

the maples are not getting enough light!

#284 2 years ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

la villa strangiato
    - or Am I reaching a little bit?

not at all..solid choice.

#286 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not that you asked me, but:
    2112: Grand Finale
    Cygnus
    Dreamline
    By-Tor
    Subdivisions
    Driven

I’m smoke a fat one and listen to your list because its pretty solid,,but yyz great multi song

#289 2 years ago

The camera eye
    New world man ?

#299 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nice! Add it! I was intentionally trying to skip Moving Pictures because half the album is on the greatest hits haha

haha! So true...pretty tough to pick a top 5

#300 2 years ago
    Quoted from gentrsa:

For all it's glorious self indulgence.....
    Natural Science - would be a great song for a RUSH pin to include IMHO

forum Rush fans can ensure the soundtrack is good to go!
    YYZ multi ball 1?

#304 2 years ago

Lakeside Park by Rush, Reminds me of my youth and a great song that would fit well in a pinball theme

#306 2 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

I've heard of people having $h!t for brains, but I've never seen some many people in one thread that clearly have $h!t for ears. Saying Rush sucks??? Are you kidding me???

Depends on age or you are into rock music . Radios here are a joke for playing rush songs. They go for the payola and what the 15 year old girls want. I watched machine gun Kelly video. He's seems more concerned about his clothes/ image to make money. I would Live in a box if i inspired people with my songs. If the music is secondary then it sucks.

1 week later
    #334 2 years ago

I assume designers pay attention to this thread . Toys for rush pin..Smash little guitars ? Collect Neil pearts drum kit?

#337 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Find one pinsider from Europe or Australia that would be interested in a Rush pin. I know it’s not the end all be all, but it is telling that not a single one has said they’re fans or even have heard of them. Every one that has commented in this thread or the 50 other Rush threads have said they have zero interest. 1980, lol.

Jay bird I think both pins would do well...I have a big list of my favourite crue songs as well. There are many music afficionados and fans that would buy both no problem.

#339 2 years ago

Germany very popular for Rush

#341 2 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Went and saw Primus last night. They are doing the "Farewell to Kings" album in its entirety. One thing is clear, lots of Rush fans came out to see this. Some didn't know anything about Primus but went to hear Rush. Them fans are a cult!

How was the concert ??

1 week later
    #370 2 years ago
    Quoted from DrDQ:

The Best Dam Band In the Land Paying Tribute to the best dam band in the land.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s really cool...thx for sharing

#371 2 years ago

Potential Crüe songs for a pin:

Kickstart my heart
    Wildside
    Home sweet home
    Dr feel good
    Drag strip superstar
    Primal scream
    Shout at the devil
    Sick love song
    Take me to the top
    Piece of your action

1 week later
    #378 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kickstart my heart (no really)
    Wild Fries
    Home sweet Tea
    Dr Meal good
    NY Strip stripsuperstar
    Primal Ice Cream
    Shout at the devil Cake
    Sick Dove Bar
    Take me to the Buffet
    Piece of your Wellington

Take me to the buffet...written by Vincent Neil
    Going to listen to Crue and Rush on my new ride with upgraded speaker pkg. Pickup at the dealer tomorrow!

IMG_5800 (resized).jpgIMG_5800 (resized).jpg
    #380 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Rush Songa for a Pin?
    Red Barchetta
    Spirit of Radio
    Limelight
    Tom Saywer
    YYZ
    Fly by Night

Tom Saywer...great tune!
    Kidding aside solid selection

#382 2 years ago

Toms mechanic shop

#388 2 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

Rush is should be a take my money now theme for me. BUT for the love of God, please Stern, do NOT use that hideous artwork from the first album. I also pray to the rock gods that this will not just be music from the first album - easily their weakest album and no Neil Peart would be a hard pass from me.
    If it is designed around 1 album (ala Led Zep) I could see:
    A Farewell to Kings
    Permanent Waves
    Moving Pictures
    Signals
    If it is a selection of songs I would want to see it be a sci-fi/fantasy themed pin:
    2112 Overture
    Temple of Syrinx
    Xanadu
    Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage
    Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres
    Jacob's Ladder
    Tom Sawyer
    Red Barchetta
    Natural Science

The designers would no doubt be paying attention to this thread. As Rush fans , our opinions matter as most of us are the ones who will buy the game. It's important to listen to the market imo

#389 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

A Crüe pin could feature a unique “Vince falls off the stage … again ..” mech.
    Could be quite cool.
    rd

That’s a good one Dave... Knock Vince Neil off the stage!

#390 2 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

Rush is should be a take my money now theme for me. BUT for the love of God, please Stern, do NOT use that hideous artwork from the first album. I also pray to the rock gods that this will not just be music from the first album - easily their weakest album and no Neil Peart would be a hard pass from me.
    If it is designed around 1 album (ala Led Zep) I could see:
    A Farewell to Kings
    Permanent Waves
    Moving Pictures
    Signals
    If it is a selection of songs I would want to see it be a sci-fi/fantasy themed pin:
    2112 Overture
    Temple of Syrinx
    Xanadu
    Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage
    Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres
    Jacob's Ladder
    Tom Sawyer
    Red Barchetta
    Natural Science

A progression of albums would be cool

1 week later
    #401 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Yes, that definitely happens. I’ve seen it multiple times.
    I know a number of people who bought AC/DC or Iron Maiden, then got more into the music … “number of the beast, what’s that about?”
    Lol
    rd

So black sabbath and Judas Priest were/are not popular in Australia? Frank Zappa no, deep purple...etc etc..
    Doesn’t make any sense no love for Rush.

#403 2 years ago

Interesting .. just watching the old buffalo Band in Melbourne Proves Aussies haves rocked since the 60s

#404 2 years ago

Correction concert was in Sydney

#417 2 years ago
    Quoted from gouveia:

Really?! Triumph was HUGE back in the late 70's early 80's, and have some of the best classic rock songs ever. Magic Power, Fight The Good Fight, Lay It On The Line, World Of Fantasy, etc. I'm surprised you've never heard of them because they played down here a lot. They were always compared to Rush since they were a three-piece from Toronto, but totally different music.
    Good thing is you'll soon get a chance to learn all about em if you want. This movie should be out soon. Same director as the Rush and Iron Maiden documentaries.
    [quoted image]

Haha! When I was in grade 9 , my triumph record got a huge scratch so I cut the cover Off the album and taped it on one of my binders !

#423 2 years ago

I went to the store , when I was leaving the parking lot, this younger woman zoomed around carelessly and almost hit me head on...she slowly squeezed past my new car and gave me a slow motion middle finger. I’m really upset about it and actually cried. Wtf is wrong with people???
    Take a friend Song by rush dedicated you guys.

#434 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Maiden, AC/DC are huge down here. Those bands have played to 40,000 plus crowds here in Auckland.
    Metallica can sell out any venue they want.
    Black Sabbath are big - the reunion tour sold out here (maybe 2 nights?)
    Priest is popular, but not the same as those bands. They played to 10,000 in Auckland last year, which was pretty good for a niche band.
    KISS has some diehard fans, but can’t fill a 12,000 seat arena here. They are huge in Australia though, they’ll play multiple nights in 12,000 seat venues.
    Aerosmith isn’t really popular. Most people wouldn’t have heard of them outside of the 90s songs. Walk this way with DMC was big, as were the radio hits. But not the 70s stuff.
    Rush - no, nothing at all. I know one guy here who is into Rush. He’s Canadian.
    That’s not a diss on the band at all (for that dick that downvoted my post above ..)
    They were just never marketed down here in the 70s/80s/90s, so they don’t have a fan base. The only reason I know a heap about them is I have read US rock/guitar magazines since the 80s. Otherwise they wouldn’t be on my radar either.
    We also have a bunch of bands down here that are huge that none of you US/Canadian guys would have ever heard of.
    rd

Maori Metal documentary with the band Alien Weaponry from New Zealand was excellent . A Cultural documentary about a young metal band. On you tube and recommend.

3 weeks later
    #442 2 years ago
    16379540778402584373181184889177 (resized).jpg16379540778402584373181184889177 (resized).jpg
    #444 2 years ago

Yeah but you can go into a beer store and ask for Rush!

Edit: rush is not available at the beer store or LCBO in Canada yet

#445 2 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Payola was huge back then! Likely Rush's management did not judge it worth paying the rock radio station programmers in NZ to play their music and develop a fan base in a small country (no offense) where they did not think they were likely to tour or get a big return on their investment. It could also be their management/label did not have a deal with the company that owned the rock stations in NZ for whatever reason.
    For sure, Rush was a big rock act with a list of number 1 hits and were all over the album rock radio from 75-91 and continue to be popular on classic rock channels.
    quote:
    As it stands today, payola remains illegal, and yet widespread. Unfortunately, when the people involved get away with it, it works. The Sony BMG case shined a fresh light on the issue, however, and a crackdown is in the works. Nov 5, 2018
    also-
    Op-Ed: Spotify’s New ‘Discovery Mode’ Is Just Payola [May 18,2021]
    https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/music-biz-commentary/spotify-payola-artist-rights-alliance-1170544/

Please watch frank zappa vs congress video

#449 2 years ago

Can't imagine what the Canadian price$ will be for a Rush pin. Over 3 bucks for 1 Rush beer so better start selling and saving now! Any guesses? Will it be internet capable so I can play other hosers?

#452 2 years ago

With Crue that im a fan of as well ,,bands age. Wonder how many times Rush has played Tom Sawyer

#453 2 years ago
    Quoted from Calgedy:

You mean total awesomeness?? LOL

Take off to the great white north, take off its a beauty way to go!

#459 2 years ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

Who's Pert? Never heard of him. IF you're going to diss a dead legendary drummer at least spell his name right FFS

I think he's talking about shampoo John

#472 2 years ago

Perfect lead in for a Friday night of pinball lakeside Park.. can't get enough of that tune!

#504 2 years ago

Little Holograms of the band playing would be cool on a upper level stage with ramps..Is that possible holograms?

#505 2 years ago

My wife asked if I wanted go to To the flea market yesterday. I’m in. Bought these 2 gems for 2 bucks and a Huge bag of beef jerkey!

9133728D-E48C-4614-8C97-A794CFD2A545 (resized).jpeg9133728D-E48C-4614-8C97-A794CFD2A545 (resized).jpeg9255F6C0-A16E-4B40-A178-20A32E888697 (resized).jpeg9255F6C0-A16E-4B40-A178-20A32E888697 (resized).jpeg
    #510 2 years ago
    Quoted from chris_p:

Trolled me harder with this than the Neil Purt guy. Well Done! I'm all, "White Trash Circus? Just Another Psycho? The Title track? Motherfkkr of the Year? Animal? Machine? Which One?!!?!" Chicks?.... GOIN'OUTSWINGIN' -gotta be it I gotta go listen now, made my afternoon fer sure - I BEEN GOT!

Rdoyle is a musician , and I also play guitar...Hatchet Neil Pearts name on purpose? , especially to a musician who plays Rush cover music and pretty good I must say. You should read his autobiography and I bet he won’t be Neil purt anymore.

#513 2 years ago

Like the developer to leak designs or hints so they can discuss the opinions of the market At their weekly meetings.

#514 2 years ago
    Quoted from chris_p:

All Apologies for the Purt thing, didn't mean to disrespect the drummer, was just referencing the OTHER guy's mis-spelling, yeah on purpose. I've read that autobiography - been a Rush fan since '74 when HONESTLY (not trying to troll here) I thought Geddie Lee LOOKED AND SOUNDED just like Burke Shelley of Budgie - which was just PERPLEXINGLY UNEXPECTED - and I was pretty stoked that Working Man had the same vibe. By 2112 they were going a completely different direction than In For the Kill, but I LOVED BOTH.
    And that's the thing - I totally bow down before technical excellence (aside - Where the HELL has Tina S been????) and also REALLY enjoy a LOT of NOISY GARBAGE. I appreciate that people here know each other and look out for each other. And just because I don't CARE whether people dis my crappy musical tastes doesn't mean that I don't appreciate someone putting their heart and soul into creating awesome music, being in great bands, covering their most loved songs - I been in tons of bands and there is no better feeling than giving TWO HOURS MORE than what we were paid just because the damn audience was SO great and SO sweaty and moshing and into it and treated us like the Rolling Stones (that ONE time LOL). So I don't mean to imply someones program is not legitimate just because I might poke some unintentional fun at some band they love, and apologize again if it came off that way.

I guess I just enjoy having ONE MORE SWIG of Crue. "I woke up this morning and I fell out of bed. I couldn't find the floor until it hit me in the head...." And that's the thing. I am the Almost Famous demographic. I will enjoy whatever garbage GnFnRs comes out with just for the nostalgia.
    I love the feeling of reading something so contrary to my program that I feel compelled to TYPE. I miss the old BBB's and pre-web trolling, and seeing people ignore the HUGE MOUNTAINS (Lee's Voice is FINGERNAILS MANNNNN!) but falling over molehills. I MISS being CAUGHT UP in all that, and It felt GOOD to be trolled even tho you weren't.
    And RILLY, a BUDGIE pin would meet HALFWAY and capture BOTH groups of fans here! Zoom Along ramp. In For the Kill multiball. Nude Disintegrating Parachutist Woman backglass

That’s what I thought afterwards what you meant about the persons misspelling ..Cheers! My apologies and a big fan of Budgie

#516 2 years ago

I was 6 years old when Rush played a concert at Laura Secord secondary school in 1974 , st Catherine’s ontario. Concert on you tube Great watch!

#518 2 years ago

Smoken hos good handle!

3 weeks later
    #537 2 years ago

According to the pinside poll, motley crue is champion. Are all the Florida ballots counted?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-or-motley-crue?tu=cdnpinbacon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.