(Topic ID: 299791)

Rush or Motley Crue

By Rascal_H

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Rush or Crue”

• Rush Pinball 208 votes
      47%
    • Motley Crue Pinball 235 votes
      53%

(443 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2F0BFA43-EFE7-4924-990A-EF024EBF6882.gif
    9AF6B929-DA12-413D-B0D6-B3960F60B8E3 (resized).jpeg
    9255F6C0-A16E-4B40-A178-20A32E888697 (resized).jpeg
    9133728D-E48C-4614-8C97-A794CFD2A545 (resized).jpeg
    20150524_192207 (resized).jpg
    76cbd146e7f35a44b912f88e20228b46 (resized).jpg
    16379540778402584373181184889177 (resized).jpg
    triumphrockmachine (resized).jpeg
    AF1D18A1-6A1E-4E7E-B059-2049962ED5DF.jpeg
    7E5328A2-80BA-443C-90FE-FD2168004881.jpeg
    EBD0D86D-CE96-45B6-8E1D-55F22DA103D6.png
    FFE1F177-CFFE-4AC3-8DDF-D9EEEE81B28B.png
    F639E4C2-A652-41D2-ABA1-58D1F616F82D.png
    0442D7D5-4FC3-4EA4-890E-407D80D205BE.png
    cdb809c01916b2f13fd607bdc756f224 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5800 (resized).jpg
    There are 542 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
    #352 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Haha, I honestly hope you Rush nerds get your pin, I just find it funny how popular you guys think they are. You are cultish, and that’s why I’ve said it will sell well here.
    It’s a Rush or Motley Crue thread, while not being a fan of neither, I stick by my original thought that not only that the Crue would make a better theme for a pin, it would also be a better seller. Eur/Aus makes up about 40% of the market, is what I’ve heard. Thats a big slice of the pie to make up.
    #JayBirdKingdom

Yes we may be skewed a bit lol...........all the best Jaybird.........

#353 2 years ago
    Quoted from Calgedy:

Yes we may be skewed a bit lol...........all the best Jaybird.........

All good brother, I hope you get your dream theme.

#354 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I just find it funny how popular you guys think they are

It's never been about how popular they are. It's about how many pins need to be sold to be considered a success, and how many Rush fans would buy a Rush pin. The demographic intersects. Comparing record sales, radio play, ticket sales to other bands is irrelevant. Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Beatles are all "bigger" than Rush. I guarantee Rush sells more pins than those. They don't need to sell millions. Only few thousand. Easily a few thousand Rush fans that will NEED this pin.

#355 2 years ago

The Crue (who can't spell and use an extraneous umlaut in their dumb name) is formulaic, lowest common denominator rock, so of course it sold better.

But let me ask you this: How many diehard Motley Crue fans do you know of, who are loud and proud about how it's the best band ever and their absolute favorite? I have yet to run across a one, to my recollection.

#356 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

The Crue (who can't spell and use an extraneous umlaut in their dumb name) is formulaic, lowest common denominator rock, so of course it sold better.
    But let me ask you this: How many diehard Motley Crue fans do you know of, who are loud and proud about how it's the best band ever and their absolute favorite? I have yet to run across a one, to my recollection.

To be completely honest, I personally know no one, pinhead or not, who is a die hard Rush fan. But I do have a friend that plays in a Crue cover band. Which admittedly is a much easier cover, haha.

#357 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

But let me ask you this: How many diehard Motley Crue fans do you know of, who are loud and proud about how it's the best band ever and their absolute favorite?

There are more Rush fans nerding out on Reddit compared to Crue fans.

047C8926-1234-4D98-949E-3E84CEB2EA06 (resized).jpeg047C8926-1234-4D98-949E-3E84CEB2EA06 (resized).jpeg7353F81A-5F95-4134-849D-770F7E919F85 (resized).jpeg7353F81A-5F95-4134-849D-770F7E919F85 (resized).jpeg
    #358 2 years ago

If I played a rush pin, I'd feel closer to the fart.

#359 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

If I played a rush pin, I'd feel closer to the fart.

I nearly sneezed and sharted when I read that.

#360 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

There are more Rush fans nerding out on Reddit compared to Crue fans.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Most Crue fans haven't figured out how to get on Reddit yet.

#362 2 years ago

Reading the replies though… ha. Can’t help but be reminded a bit of the classic Ford and Chevy arguments.

Also, a number of the comments were along the lines of “But Dr. Feelgood is great” - which is as problematic as “Metallica’s Black Album is great” (as both are exactly when both bands became mediocre overproduced pedestrian pop trash).

Rush is right. Thats all I have to say about that.

#363 2 years ago

Rush all day long. I love the Beatles pin and hope to own one some day, along with the Zeppelin pin.

#364 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

To be completely honest, I personally know no one, pinhead or not, who is a die hard Rush fan. But I do have a friend that plays in a Crue cover band. Which admittedly is a much easier cover, haha.

I said "know of," and you are replying to one here!

#365 2 years ago

This is true. This is why I will bookend the Crue with my 2 GNR pins. I will make them like each other.

#366 2 years ago

Rush pin would be fantastic. Until they make it, I'll enjoy my Met Prem that plays all Rush songs

#367 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

All good brother, I hope you get your dream theme.

Thanks Jaybird........so do I.

1 week later
    #368 2 years ago

The Best Dam Band In the Land Paying Tribute to the best dam band in the land.

17D1C1E4-7836-4F40-A9A3-4C93E8FB9388 (resized).png17D1C1E4-7836-4F40-A9A3-4C93E8FB9388 (resized).pngA1E36B6F-A720-4D11-AB51-CCC901AAB75A (resized).pngA1E36B6F-A720-4D11-AB51-CCC901AAB75A (resized).pngE6EDFDFB-AD03-4514-9B5B-10B082548DAB (resized).pngE6EDFDFB-AD03-4514-9B5B-10B082548DAB (resized).png
    #369 2 years ago
    Quoted from DrDQ:

If ANYTHING can get the Crue fans to see the error of their ways… its gotta be marching band.

#370 2 years ago
    Quoted from DrDQ:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s really cool...thx for sharing

#371 2 years ago

Potential Crüe songs for a pin:

Kickstart my heart
    Wildside
    Home sweet home
    Dr feel good
    Drag strip superstar
    Primal scream
    Shout at the devil
    Sick love song
    Take me to the top
    Piece of your action

#372 2 years ago

I watched this yesterday, so awesome.......there is no comparison with these bands.

#373 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

If ANYTHING can get the Crue fans to see the error of their ways… its gotta be marching band.

LOL

That Rush tribute was SO much work! Pretty damn amazing

#374 2 years ago

Recent "leak" or tease of Whitewood in co-development with Godzilla points to all signs for RUSH!

61wGP4stqYL._SX355_ (resized).jpg61wGP4stqYL._SX355_ (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2021-10-19 at 2.54.20 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-19 at 2.54.20 PM (resized).pngb67e6bb026a16647420e655346bdebe3d00b63e0 (resized).jpegb67e6bb026a16647420e655346bdebe3d00b63e0 (resized).jpeg
    #375 2 years ago

RUSH looks like potential Borg with plastic ramps. Just sharing from Next Stern post. It's HAPPENING!!!!!!!!

#376 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

LMAO

#377 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Potential Crüe songs for a pin:
    Kickstart my heart (no really
    Wildside
    Home sweet home
    Dr feel good
    Drag strip superstar
    Primal scream
    Shout at the devil
    Sick love song
    Take me to the top
    Piece of your action

Kickstart my heart (no really)
    Wild Fries
    Home sweet Tea
    Dr Meal good
    NY Strip strip superstar
    Primal Ice Cream
    Shout at the devil Cake
    Sick Dove Bar
    Take me to the Buffet
    Piece of your Wellington

#378 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kickstart my heart (no really)
    Wild Fries
    Home sweet Tea
    Dr Meal good
    NY Strip stripsuperstar
    Primal Ice Cream
    Shout at the devil Cake
    Sick Dove Bar
    Take me to the Buffet
    Piece of your Wellington

Take me to the buffet...written by Vincent Neil
    Going to listen to Crue and Rush on my new ride with upgraded speaker pkg. Pickup at the dealer tomorrow!

IMG_5800 (resized).jpgIMG_5800 (resized).jpg
    #379 2 years ago

Rush Songa for a Pin?

Red Barchetta
    Spirit of Radio
    Limelight
    Tom Saywer
    YYZ
    Fly by Night

#380 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Rush Songa for a Pin?
    Red Barchetta
    Spirit of Radio
    Limelight
    Tom Saywer
    YYZ
    Fly by Night

Tom Saywer...great tune!
    Kidding aside solid selection

#381 2 years ago

Tom soy!

#382 2 years ago

Toms mechanic shop

#383 2 years ago

What if Stern took another cue from Spooky offering Halloween/Ultraman, and Sterns next title was Rush/Crue - same pin, same layout, same rules, different art/callouts/music/animations and you pick the one you like. 250 RUSH LE, 250 CRUE LE

cdb809c01916b2f13fd607bdc756f224 (resized).jpgcdb809c01916b2f13fd607bdc756f224 (resized).jpg

#384 2 years ago

A Crüe pin could feature a unique “Vince falls off the stage … again ..” mech.

Could be quite cool.

rd

#385 2 years ago

Rush is should be a take my money now theme for me. BUT for the love of God, please Stern, do NOT use that hideous artwork from the first album. I also pray to the rock gods that this will not just be music from the first album - easily their weakest album and no Neil Peart would be a hard pass from me.

If it is designed around 1 album (ala Led Zep) I could see:

A Farewell to Kings
    Permanent Waves
    Moving Pictures
    Signals

If it is a selection of songs I would want to see it be a sci-fi/fantasy themed pin:

2112 Overture
    Temple of Syrinx
    Xanadu
    Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage
    Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres
    Jacob's Ladder
    Tom Sawyer
    Red Barchetta
    Natural Science

#387 2 years ago

Yes PLEASE use artwork from 2112 through Moving Pictures only!!! Really any album BUT RUSH (their 1st album).

#388 2 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

Rush is should be a take my money now theme for me. BUT for the love of God, please Stern, do NOT use that hideous artwork from the first album. I also pray to the rock gods that this will not just be music from the first album - easily their weakest album and no Neil Peart would be a hard pass from me.
    A Farewell to Kings
    Permanent Waves
    Moving Pictures
    Signals
    If it is a selection of songs I would want to see it be a sci-fi/fantasy themed pin:
    2112 Overture
    Temple of Syrinx
    Xanadu
    Jacob's Ladder
    Tom Sawyer
    Red Barchetta
    Natural Science

The designers would no doubt be paying attention to this thread. As Rush fans , our opinions matter as most of us are the ones who will buy the game. It's important to listen to the market imo

#389 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

A Crüe pin could feature a unique “Vince falls off the stage … again ..” mech.
    Could be quite cool.
    rd

That’s a good one Dave... Knock Vince Neil off the stage!

#390 2 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

A Farewell to Kings
    Permanent Waves
    Moving Pictures
    Signals
    2112 Overture
    Temple of Syrinx
    Xanadu
    Jacob's Ladder
    Tom Sawyer
    Red Barchetta
    Natural Science

A progression of albums would be cool

#391 2 years ago

Jacob's Ladder, Natural Science, Xanadu, Hemispheres, The Camera Eye, Cygnus X-1, 2112, La Villa Strangiato......did I miss any more 10 minute plus songs? No Fountain of Lamneth please.......but yes for the Necromancer! These are songs that are too long for the pin, but would be epic to have on it. 2112 will be on there for sure, the others??????? I can see Red Barchetta (car chase ramps on pin), Tom Sawyer (unfortunately), Limelight, Freewill, The Spirit of Radio, Subdivisions.......any radio hit pre 1984. The artwork on the back glass needs to be 2112 related.

#392 2 years ago

You know how sometimes you hear a song and you say… “man I didn’t know so and so sang that?”

Rush never sings any of those songs. They literally have two decently well known songs. The rest you have to buy the album in order to hear them. Motley Crue all day!

#393 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

You know how sometimes you hear a song and you say… “man I didn’t know so and so sang that?”
    Rush never sings any of those songs. They literally have two decently well known songs. The rest you have to buy the album in order to hear them. Motley Crue all day!

Man sounds like God took a lunch break and put some doofus in charge when he made your ears. I'm so sorry.

#394 2 years ago

Like some of the song wishlists I’m seeing so far for RUSH….I’d like to see YYZ, Tom Sawyer, limelight, 2112 edit, passage to Bangkok, Jacobs ladder, freewill, Red barchetta, test for echo, working man, spirit of the Radio, subdivisions, and bring on the Neil Peart drum solo multiball!

#395 2 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

Man sounds like God took a lunch break and put some doofus in charge when he made your ears. I'm so sorry.

Not at all. Tons of ppl can't stand ghetto Lee's voice. I'm in that club. The rest of the band is great, and his bass chops are top notch. The whiney bitch-voice kills it for me.

#396 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Tons of ppl can't stand ghetto Lee's voice

Ghetto Lee. Lol!

I must say I’m in that camp too.

Great musos - but they just don’t push my buttons at all. I’ve tried.

In NZ and Australia they have no presence at all. Never ever been a thing here, no radio play, nothing.

However, I’m sure their rabid US/Canada fan base will make up for the lost down under sales, no problems at all.

rd

#397 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

In NZ and Australia they have no presence at all. Never ever been a thing here, no radio play, nothing.

I never saw the LOTR movies, but fell in love with the pin & then enjoyed the movies after that. Maybe the pinball maniacs down under will buy Rush pins just to have the newest game - and this will create new Rush fans!

#398 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I never saw the LOTR movies, but fell in love with the pin & then enjoyed the movies after that. Maybe the pinball maniacs down under will buy Rush pins just to have the newest game - and this will create new Rush fans!

Yes, that definitely happens. I’ve seen it multiple times.

I know a number of people who bought AC/DC or Iron Maiden, then got more into the music … “number of the beast, what’s that about?”

Lol

rd

#399 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

In this market, even an Insane Clown Posse pin would sell well.

ICP would be a bad ass game! It would offend everyone equally.

#400 2 years ago
    Quoted from Photopin:

ICP would be a bad ass game! It would offend everyone equally.

I always thought a funny homebrew retheme would be to take a Road Show and turn the 2 heads into Violent J & Shaggy 2 Dope, and change the code so it’s about the Dark Carnival touring America.

There are 542 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-or-motley-crue/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.