Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 373 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Rush or Crue”

• Rush Pinball 172 votes
      47%
    • Motley Crue Pinball 196 votes
      53%

(368 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E6EDFDFB-AD03-4514-9B5B-10B082548DAB (resized).png
    A1E36B6F-A720-4D11-AB51-CCC901AAB75A (resized).png
    17D1C1E4-7836-4F40-A9A3-4C93E8FB9388 (resized).png
    7353F81A-5F95-4134-849D-770F7E919F85 (resized).jpeg
    047C8926-1234-4D98-949E-3E84CEB2EA06 (resized).jpeg
    CB05B871-578F-426D-8583-86CC8F72F278 (resized).jpeg
    C8C7CDE6-B0DE-485E-80E0-A19C621F056D (resized).jpeg
    9F811640-9461-410A-8961-13E19E774CBE (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1a (resized).jpg
    IMG_0138 (resized).JPG
    alex lifeson guitar (resized).jpeg
    20200606_235818 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210908-164107_Chrome (resized).jpg
    84DBAED9-B256-488B-AE12-867DA85415FD.jpeg

There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 32 days ago

I think YYZ is the best choice for multiball except it reminds me of a song I always hated playing in guitar hero. Have I mentioned I have zero interest in a stupid Rush pinball yet?

TBH I hope they do come out with it though. I am always happy when a company comes out with a title I'm not at all interested in, then I don't have to talk myself out of buying a new game and spending obscene money on something I don't need

#302 32 days ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I know it won't happen, but I'd be down with a Clockwork Angels theme. It's a coherent story, it's Geddy's favorite album of theirs, it has a steampunk vibe, and it is criminally underappreciated. I listen to it all the time and it never gets old.

They really went all out with that album - the graphic novel, the 2 novels Neil wrote with the other author (whose name escapes me .. Brian J Anderson?), I think there was talk of a movie..

#303 30 days ago

I am a fan of both the Crue and Rush and a big pinball fan. If Rush comes out, I will certainly make buy the pinball machine and make it the 6th edition to my stable. I really hope YYZ makes the cut somewhere in the game. I wonder who the game designer will be if Rush is truly going to be made and released. I recognize Rush might be a love em or hate em band but I expect there are more people who love rather than hate them who, like me are rush nerds and pin heads who would love a pin like this. I usually buy used games but Rush would certainly be my first new game purchase. I hope it gets made and released as I will be the first to "RUSH" out and buy one. Sorry, that was a bit cheesy.

#304 30 days ago

Lakeside Park by Rush, Reminds me of my youth and a great song that would fit well in a pinball theme

#305 30 days ago

I've heard of people having $h!t for brains, but I've never seen some many people in one thread that clearly have $h!t for ears. Saying Rush sucks??? Are you kidding me???

#306 30 days ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

I've heard of people having $h!t for brains, but I've never seen some many people in one thread that clearly have $h!t for ears. Saying Rush sucks??? Are you kidding me???

Depends on age or you are into rock music . Radios here are a joke for playing rush songs. They go for the payola and what the 15 year old girls want. I watched machine gun Kelly video. He's seems more concerned about his clothes/ image to make money. I would Live in a box if i inspired people with my songs. If the music is secondary then it sucks.

#307 26 days ago

RUSH in a landslide. LOL comparing the two bands musically is not worth the time. One band had 3 musicians that were masters of their respective instruments and toured almost non stop for 40 years and put out 20 albums and are sited by MANY bands who currently have pins (Metallica, Primus to name a few) as major influences. Motley Crue is a 2nd rate LA hack band who rose in the shadow of the Mighty Van Halen (another band who is way overdue and deserving of their own Pin). Sure they have some catchy rock/glam songs, but comparing the two is like comparing a corvette to a pinto.

#308 26 days ago
    Quoted from Calgedy:

RUSH in a landslide. LOL comparing the two bands musically is not worth the time. One band had 3 musicians that were masters of their respective instruments and toured almost non stop for 40 years and put out 20 albums and are sited by MANY bands who currently have pins (Metallica, Primus to name a few) as major influences. Motley Crue is a 2nd rate LA hack band who rose in the shadow of the Mighty Van Halen (another band who is way overdue and deserving of their own Pin). Sure they have some catchy rock/glam songs, but comparing the two is like comparing a corvette to a pinto.

yeah except being the worlds finest musicians doesn't necessarily translate to pinball and is a silly argument.

#309 26 days ago
    Quoted from Calgedy:

RUSH in a landslide.

Survey says Motley Crue by 10 points.

#310 26 days ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Survey says Motley Crue by 10 points.

thats just what the Man wants you to think.Fake news

#311 25 days ago

Guns " N' " Roses has two pins; there is no correlation between musicianship and pins.

#312 25 days ago

Guns " N' " Roses has two pins; there is no correlation between musicianship and pins.

Kiss, as well

#313 25 days ago

rush, the only pin i'll pay the new outrageous stern price for.

#314 25 days ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

rush, the only pin i'll pay the new outrageous stern price for.

Well that and Van Halen

#315 25 days ago

Neither with these price hikes.

#316 20 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

yeah except being the worlds finest musicians doesn't necessarily translate to pinball and is a silly argument.

Yes Pink Floyd and thousands of other bands do not have a pinball machine lol. Theme could be built around many aspects of Rush, most notably their touring prowess over 40 years. Van Halen is the other one I would buy in a heartbeat.....Dave era.

#317 20 days ago

Stern builds 10,000 Rush machines and they would be sold quickly. Rush has a cult like following, many are in their 40-60's and have a lot of toy income to spend.

#318 20 days ago

</blockquote
    I agree with others that a Crue pin would be simple and shallow. My argument is this: The Rush pin can be themed many, many different ways with the amount of tours and songs they have. The Rush fanbase is far more rabid, even in their current retired/dead state. Tons of Rush fans have money. Motley Crue.....lol none of what I just said applies. I get it if you don't like Rush....I don't like many bands that have pins (Aerosmith, Primus, KISS to name a few), but the Rush pin could be REALLY in depth done correctly.

#319 20 days ago
    Quoted from Calgedy:

Stern builds 10,000 Rush machines and they would be sold quickly. Rush has a cult like following, many are in their 40-60's and have a lot of toy income to spend.

No, Rush may have some seriously devoted fans, but their popularity is nowhere near as large as Rush heads think they are. It will sell well in North America and bomb in the European and Australian markets.

#320 20 days ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

No, Rush may have some seriously devoted fans, but their popularity is nowhere near as large as Rush heads think they are. It will sell well in North America and bomb in the European and Australian markets.

This exactly!
    I talked to pinhead and non pinheads about Rush and most of them either have no clue who they are and the others who do know the name of the band can’t even name a song of them?
    That’s pretty telling to me actually…

Won’t be buying one for location either probably due to the theme.

#321 20 days ago
    Quoted from Calgedy:

Yes Pink Floyd and thousands of other bands do not have a pinball machine lol. Theme could be built around many aspects of Rush, most notably their touring prowess over 40 years. Van Halen is the other one I would buy in a heartbeat.....Dave era.

Yeah, and I really like Pink Floyd, and I have seen a lot of people ask for a PF pin, but to my point, I think it would be an awful theme for pinball.

#322 20 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah, and I really like Pink Floyd, and I have seen a lot of people ask for a PF pin, but to my point, I think it would be an awful theme for pinball.

It would be great if it was pin themed on The Wall. I can see playing pinball to Run Like Hell or Another Brick in the Wall.

#323 20 days ago
    Quoted from Calgedy:

DLR era Van Halen would be the perfect pin. I'd imagine Dave would love to do the call outs. Incredible uptempo music, hit songs, identifiable band members, incredible live footage and film clips and the perfect demographic to have the money to afford one. One of the few bands where a lot of non pinball enthusiasts would order one for their collection/nostalgia as well as all the pin playing folk. A band I love so much that I would order my first LE long before I ever got to see a playfield...

#324 20 days ago

A Pink Floyd Machine would work. Talk about theme integration...they've got the imagery - and Plenty of songs to choose from that would fit Pinball well. It would be my #1 Dream theme.

#325 20 days ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Maybe, maybe not.

" In London, Rush did five sold-out nights in a row at the Hammersmith Odeon and in Europe their concerts were selling out three months in advance." - from "Rush Identifies With International Markets" - RPM Weekly, November 8, 1980

Perhaps European pinheads trend younger these days.

#326 19 days ago

Maybe, maybe not.
    " In London, Rush did five sold-out nights in a row at the Hammersmith Odeon and in Europe their concerts were selling out three months in advance." - from "Rush Identifies With International Markets" - RPM Weekly, November 8, 1980

I didn't want to get into any type of argument on this lol but you are very correct. Rush was HUGE in Europe as they sold out show after show in England and Germany on MANY tours. It is documented.

#327 19 days ago

The very last RUSH show, Inglewood Forum 2015, I was very lucky to see the last stand.
    Alot of my pinball friends were also at the show.
    One of the greatest concerts I've ever seen.

1a (resized).jpg
    #328 19 days ago

... And Rush has been in South Park!

And family guy!

#329 19 days ago
    Quoted from bbaker2824:

... And Rush has been in South Park!
    [quoted image]

#330 19 days ago

Rush has been a main topic in movies (I Love You Man) and tv shows (The Goldbergs, the kid who wears ONLY RUSH TSHIRTS when he is on the show. In fact, that kid wore 11 RUSH concert shirts in 1 30 minute episode lol). Rush is played in between innings and as certain batters walk up songs as well during timeouts in both football and basketball. They have been somewhat mainstreamed in the last 15 years. Yes many of my friends who own pins were at the San Jose show with me or there a week before that finale in LA. Playing a descending setlist from most recent to oldest spanning 40 years and all of the 2nd half of the show being 1981 and older, it was a Rush fans' dream. Motley Crue lol...........

#331 19 days ago

The theme could be drum oriented as well.....honoring the greatest drummer of all time. Or Bass, or Guitar, or Touring with a ton of music that EVERYONE would know. Songs like Limelight, Freewill, The Spirit of Radio, Red Barchetta, 2112, Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions just to name a few.......they could have a feature that would unlock backstage stuff and LIVE PERFORMANCES....with all the awesome album cover art. Motley Crue lol........ Ok I'm done.

#332 19 days ago

I feel like I am in an episode of a television program about my experiences from junior high right now… and someone is about to get a swirlie.

#333 19 days ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

It would be great if it was pin themed on The Wall. I can see playing pinball to Run Like Hell or Another Brick in the Wall.

I love the whole The Wall album and those songs, but I respectfully disagree. I mean those songs would be like...OK at best. Just not enough drive in them if that makes sense. Much like Rush, Pink Floyd is a put on headphones and fall into the music kind of band. For pinball I need something that will get me hyped.

#334 19 days ago

I assume designers pay attention to this thread . Toys for rush pin..Smash little guitars ? Collect Neil pearts drum kit?

#335 19 days ago

Just give me the old background vocalists ,girls making out and throw in a appearance by Snoop and we got ourselves a Show under glass .

9F811640-9461-410A-8961-13E19E774CBE (resized).jpegC8C7CDE6-B0DE-485E-80E0-A19C621F056D (resized).jpegCB05B871-578F-426D-8583-86CC8F72F278 (resized).jpeg
    #336 19 days ago

Maybe, maybe not.

Find one pinsider from Europe or Australia that would be interested in a Rush pin. I know it’s not the end all be all, but it is telling that not a single one has said they’re fans or even have heard of them. Every one that has commented in this thread or the 50 other Rush threads have said they have zero interest. 1980, lol.

#337 18 days ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Find one pinsider from Europe or Australia that would be interested in a Rush pin. I know it’s not the end all be all, but it is telling that not a single one has said they’re fans or even have heard of them. Every one that has commented in this thread or the 50 other Rush threads have said they have zero interest. 1980, lol.

Jay bird I think both pins would do well...I have a big list of my favourite crue songs as well. There are many music afficionados and fans that would buy both no problem.

#338 18 days ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Jay bird I think both pins would do well...I have a big list of my favourite crue songs as well. There are many music afficionados and fans that would buy both no problem.

I agree, but Rush will not outside of North America. Motley Crue is way more popular worldwide and would sell better than Rush.

#339 18 days ago

Germany very popular for Rush

#340 18 days ago

Went and saw Primus last night. They are doing the "Farewell to Kings" album in its entirety. One thing is clear, lots of Rush fans came out to see this. Some didn't know anything about Primus but went to hear Rush. Them fans are a cult!

#341 18 days ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Went and saw Primus last night. They are doing the "Farewell to Kings" album in its entirety. One thing is clear, lots of Rush fans came out to see this. Some didn't know anything about Primus but went to hear Rush. Them fans are a cult!

How was the concert ??

#342 18 days ago
    Quoted from insight75:

The other guys in my band are going tonight in Baltimore

#343 18 days ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

How was the concert ??

It was great honestly. Its a longer setlist with the Rush covers which was very cool.

#344 18 days ago

Maybe Stern could get Motley Crue to crank out a couple of Rush covers to use in the game. That way everyone could be disappointed in it.

#345 18 days ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe Stern could get Motley Crue to crank out a couple of Rush covers to use in the game. That way everyone could be disappointed in it.

LOL

#346 18 days ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The other guys in my band are going tonight in Baltimore

Going October 15 in Berkeley. Going only for Rush, but will enjoy Primus. Look at the show Primus is doing......1st set Primus, 2nd Set Rush, Encore Primus. Primus knows that if they did Rush in the 1st set half the audience would leave lol. Smart. Jaybird815 many many people in all of these threads have said they would want and buy a Rush pin????? And yes they were huge in England and Germany and still are with the older crowd who has the discretionary income to buy these machines. Same in North America. Shit tons of Canadians would buy this theme. I know 10 people in my little inner circle that would buy it. I also have good friends who cannot stand RUSH lol. Sure there are people who won't like it, I don't like KISS and have zero interest in any KISS themed pins. It is what it is. A 10,000 RUSH pinball run would sell out. They sold out entire tours late in their careers (2010, 2012-2013 and 2015). These are major arenas that hold more than 10K people. You would be surprised how many people like Rush. You just don't know because you don't seem to be a fan? Yes I agree Motley Crue has a huge following over decades, no argument there. I am not a huge fan.......we all have our own tastes, but the Rush pin would sell well....even with my biased opinion!

#347 18 days ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

That is funny.........

#348 18 days ago
    Quoted from Calgedy:

Going October 15 in Berkeley. Going only for Rush, but will enjoy Primus. Look at the show Primus is doing......1st set Primus, 2nd Set Rush, Encore Primus. Primus knows that if they did Rush in the 1st set half the audience would leave lol. Smart. Jaybird815 many many people in all of these threads have said they would want and buy a Rush pin????? And yes they were huge in England and Germany and still are with the older crowd who has the discretionary income to buy these machines. Same in North America. Shit tons of Canadians would buy this theme. I know 10 people in my little inner circle that would buy it. I also have good friends who cannot stand RUSH lol. Sure there are people who won't like it, I don't like KISS and have zero interest in any KISS themed pins. It is what it is. A 10,000 RUSH pinball run would sell out. They sold out entire tours late in their careers (2010, 2012-2013 and 2015). These are major arenas that hold more than 10K people. You would be surprised how many people like Rush. You just don't know because you don't seem to be a fan? Yes I agree Motley Crue has a huge following over decades, no argument there. I am not a huge fan.......we all have our own tastes, but the Rush pin would sell well....even with my biased opinion!

They’re popularity is nowhere near that of Motley Crue, record sales, concert attendance, downloads etc. I’ve always said that it’ll sell well in North America. Find one European or Australian that has any interest on this site, I’ll wait here.

#349 18 days ago

Let me get this strait Jaybird, after analyzing all your posts......you think RUSH pinball will be a Huge Success in Australia and Europe?
    Glad we got that clear.

Thanks for the info.

#350 18 days ago

Haha, I honestly hope you Rush nerds get your pin, I just find it funny how popular you guys think they are. You are cultish, and that’s why I’ve said it will sell well here.
    It’s a Rush or Motley Crue thread, while not being a fan of neither, I stick by my original thought that not only that the Crue would make a better theme for a pin, it would also be a better seller. Eur/Aus makes up about 40% of the market, is what I’ve heard. Thats a big slice of the pie to make up.

#JayBirdKingdom

There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside