(Topic ID: 299791)

Rush or Motley Crue

By Rascal_H

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Rush or Crue”

• Rush Pinball 208 votes
      47%
    • Motley Crue Pinball 235 votes
      53%

(443 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2F0BFA43-EFE7-4924-990A-EF024EBF6882.gif
    9AF6B929-DA12-413D-B0D6-B3960F60B8E3 (resized).jpeg
    9255F6C0-A16E-4B40-A178-20A32E888697 (resized).jpeg
    9133728D-E48C-4614-8C97-A794CFD2A545 (resized).jpeg
    20150524_192207 (resized).jpg
    76cbd146e7f35a44b912f88e20228b46 (resized).jpg
    16379540778402584373181184889177 (resized).jpg
    triumphrockmachine (resized).jpeg
    AF1D18A1-6A1E-4E7E-B059-2049962ED5DF.jpeg
    7E5328A2-80BA-443C-90FE-FD2168004881.jpeg
    EBD0D86D-CE96-45B6-8E1D-55F22DA103D6.png
    FFE1F177-CFFE-4AC3-8DDF-D9EEEE81B28B.png
    F639E4C2-A652-41D2-ABA1-58D1F616F82D.png
    0442D7D5-4FC3-4EA4-890E-407D80D205BE.png
    cdb809c01916b2f13fd607bdc756f224 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5800 (resized).jpg
    There are 542 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
    #251 2 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Accolades aside, his "opinion" of their music can't be wrong. Talent doesn't always translate to enjoyable music for everyone. It's obviously very subjective, but to me, Geddy Lee makes my ears bleed, and all the awards and record sales on the planet will never change my mind.
    It's kind of funny how everyone tries to convince each other of what they enjoy is the correct choice and that only someone with no ear for talent couldn't see it. I'll give you your point about Rush being talented, but don't you dare try and tell me that lima beans are delicious. I don't care how many awards they win at the farmer's markets.

This is something a lot of people forget. Recognition of talent/achievement/ability does not necessarily equate to ENJOYMENT of the products of that talent. For example, as a die-hard Jazz fan I can appreciate and respect the achievements and enduring musical influence of Cecil Taylor and Ornette Coleman, but I find the music mostly unlistenable.

In fact, I think the reverse is also true. For example, Motley Crue is fairly marginal in terms of musical ability (sorry, it’s true - in fact, Mick Mars used to “win” Guitar World “Worst Guitarist” polls in the 80s), but that does nothing to prevent the stupid grin I get every time I hear “Shout at the Devil”!

(Oh, and your opinion of Rush is very common, and of course valid. In fact, a lot of us Rush fans would say that the vocals are the least favorite aspect of the music; at the same time we also see how Geddy’s distinctive approach is crucial to the overall sound - it’s a weird thing to reconcile, and I can’t think of another band that forces me to do so quite like Rush.)

#252 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Another hot load of poo

No, I'm pretty sure I'm not a fan of Rush's music or lima beans. I'm also sure that their awards and/or sales won't sway me. More specifically, I don't like the lead vocals, but It's ok. I understand a lot of people do love Rush and maybe they'll get their dream pin.

#253 2 years ago

What really puzzles is me no pink Floyd series pin. ..start with dark side of the moon.

#254 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

What really puzzles is me no pink Floyd series pin. ..start with dark side of the moon.

Don’t get me started…dream pin for me and if done right, would be an amazing pin. I know many think PF music doesn’t suit pinball, but I’ve been a floyd historian for over 30 years and could come up with plenty of great tunes that would work well covering all eras. They’ve definitely got the themes and the tunes, but sadly I don’t think they would ever license it out. They take their music far too seriously (Especially Roger Waters) to license it out and have a game made out of it.

#255 2 years ago

What's wrong with a playable pink Floyd speaker ?

#256 2 years ago

Check out the pink Floyd busker in Italy u tube.
    You never get the business unless you ask for the business. ..who know many he's a pinball fan.

#257 2 years ago

I’ve seen a lot of buskers doing Floyd stuff - some of them have real talent.

I’m biased toward Rock pins and think they have great replay value. Both Rush and Motley would sell well as both have a huge fan base for their respective genres. Music is subjective and I hate all the arguments on ‘who is better’ be on here or on FB - it’s trivial and pointless. Always glad to see new rock pins coming out - regardless of which band is next.

#258 2 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Accolades aside, his "opinion" of their music can't be wrong. Talent doesn't always translate to enjoyable music for everyone. It's obviously very subjective, but to me, Geddy Lee makes my ears bleed, and all the awards and record sales on the planet will never change my mind.
    It's kind of funny how everyone tries to convince each other of what they enjoy is the correct choice and that only someone with no ear for talent couldn't see it. I'll give you your point about Rush being talented, but don't you dare try and tell me that lima beans are delicious. I don't care how many awards they win at the farmer's markets.

Totally fair comment made me laugh, and I swear I won't talk you into Lima beans!

#259 2 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

This is something a lot of people forget. Recognition of talent/achievement/ability does not necessarily equate to ENJOYMENT of the products of that talent. For example, as a die-hard Jazz fan I can appreciate and respect the achievements and enduring musical influence of Cecil Taylor and Ornette Coleman, but I find the music mostly unlistenable.
    In fact, I think the reverse is also true. For example, Motley Crue is fairly marginal in terms of musical ability (sorry, it’s true - in fact, Mick Mars used to “win” Guitar World “Worst Guitarist” polls in the 80s), but that does nothing to prevent the stupid grin I get every time I hear “Shout at the Devil”!
    (Oh, and your opinion of Rush is very common, and of course valid. In fact, a lot of us Rush fans would say that the vocals are the least favorite aspect of the music; at the same time we also see how Geddy’s distinctive approach is crucial to the overall sound - it’s a weird thing to reconcile, and I can’t think of another band that forces me to do so quite like Rush.)

It's all about the hook. (great Blues Traveler song by the way, check out those lyrics). Its about hearing a song and then it constantly goes through your head for the rest of the day. Thats what makes the best music and that's what makes people coming back for more. Kurt Cobain could barely play the guitar BUT once he stole a popular lick from Boston, the rest was history.

#260 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

“I love Rush” , said no female ever.

So not true. I counted three woman at their last concert in Toronto.
    Rush will sell. There are a lot of us - with cash.
    Got the guitar and beer. Now need the pin.
    Rush haters will be haters... get over it.

The end.

alex lifeson guitar (resized).jpegalex lifeson guitar (resized).jpeg
    #261 2 years ago

I’d really like two of those Rush beer cans- bottom opened and shipped to US ( or if anyone is coming to expo from Canada)….

#262 2 years ago
    Quoted from rushfan:

The end.
    [quoted image]

Les Paul with a Tremolo. Blasphemy!

#263 2 years ago
    Quoted from rushfan:

The end.
    [quoted image]

Your song choices for Rush pin?
    Just curious..

#264 2 years ago

List best songs for Crue and Rush pins,
    Top 5 each band?
    The developers should pay attention to this thread.

#265 2 years ago

Agree YYZ excellent choice for multi ball..
    FYI. .YYZ is airport code for Toronto.

#266 2 years ago

I'd rather have another theme with a curated soundtrack incorporated into the overall package.

#267 2 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I'd rather have another theme with a curated soundtrack incorporated into the overall package.

This thread is for Rush and Crue fans..

#268 2 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Just get a Mustang.

#269 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

List best songs for Crue and Rush pins,
    Top 5 each band?
    The developers should pay attention to this thread.

Not necessarily MY favorite Rush songs, but my list for top 5 for a Rush pin would have to be (in no particular order). I'm thinking these five would appeal most to the casual or non Rush fans who might end up purchasing one if it ends up being a banger as far as gameplay.

1. Tom Sawyer
    2. YYZ
    3. Limelight
    4. Spirit Of Radio
    5. Working Man

Top 5 Crue songs for a pin:

1. Kickstart My Heart
    2. Girls, Girls, Girls
    3. Wildside
    4. Looks That Kill
    5. Shout At The Devil

#270 2 years ago

Crue all day but it can't be PG.

If I'm in "Girls, Girls, Girls" multiball I better see some hotties on screen.

Crue was the epidemy of sex, drugs, and rock n roll. If you take out the sex and drugs it's not the Crue...

#271 2 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

Crue all day but it can't be PG.
    If I'm in "Girls, Girls, Girls" multiball I better see some hotties on screen.
    Crue was the epidemy of sex, drugs, and rock n roll. If you take out the sex and drugs it's not the Crue...

This quote defines this whole thread for me - one might say it is the epitome of this thread.

#272 2 years ago
    Quoted from Quicksilver1:Not necessarily MY favorite Rush songs, but my list for top 5 for a Rush pin would have to be (in no particular order). I'm thinking these five would appeal most to the casual or non Rush fans who might end up purchasing one if it ends up being a banger as far as gameplay.
    1. Tom Sawyer
    2. YYZ
    3. Limelight
    4. Spirit Of Radio
    5. Working Man
    1. Kickstart My Heart
    2. Girls, Girls, Girls
    3. Wildside
    4. Looks That Kill
    5. Shout At The Devil

Swap looks that kill with Live Wire and we're in buisiness. I think the Rush songs are the right picks too. Perfect example of how much more facemelting action you get with Crue over boring Rush.

#273 2 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Looks like Geddy Lee and pinball collector Ed Robertson from Baranaked Ladies are teaming up ..for something. Would have been nice to combine these two into a pin ! Maybe they have ?
    [quoted image]

Likely a music collaboration.

#274 2 years ago

Either way, the art package should be them when they were young! Wasn’t crazy about the art direction they went with Metallica. They should have had the band when they were young and in their prime.

#275 2 years ago

A 2112 edit is a must for me. Or hell, just throw the whole side A in…it’s a masterpiece.

#276 2 years ago
    Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Not necessarily MY favorite Rush songs, but my list for top 5 for a Rush pin would have to be (in no particular order). I'm thinking these five would appeal most to the casual or non Rush fans who might end up purchasing one if it ends up being a banger as far as gameplay.
    1. Tom Sawyer
    2. YYZ
    3. Limelight
    4. Spirit Of Radio
    5. Working Man
    1. Kickstart My Heart
    2. Girls, Girls, Girls
    3. Wildside
    4. Looks That Kill
    5. Shout At The Devil

For Crue, how do you not include "She goes down" when you lose the ball?

#277 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Either way, the art package should be them when they were young! Wasn’t crazy about the art direction they went with Metallica. They should have had the band when they were young and in their prime.

This would always be preferred but its always going to be about the band in their current form.....unless they are no longer active.

#278 2 years ago

Both Rush and Crüe would sell out.

#279 2 years ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

A 2112 edit is a must for me. Or hell, just throw the whole side A in…it’s a masterpiece.

The Trees would be a great song John, “the maples scream oppression!” lol

#280 2 years ago

If anyone here knows rush there is a battle song called the trees ..maple trees vs oak.

#281 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

If anyone here knows rush there is a battle song called the trees ..maple trees vs oak.

The Trees is about the many opinions on Pinside.

#282 2 years ago

la villa strangiato
    - or Am I reaching a little bit?

#283 2 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

The Trees is about the many opinions on Pinside.

the maples are not getting enough light!

#284 2 years ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

la villa strangiato
    - or Am I reaching a little bit?

not at all..solid choice.

#285 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Your song choices for Rush pin?
    Just curious..

Not that you asked me, but:
    2112: Grand Finale
    Cygnus
    Dreamline
    By-Tor
    Subdivisions
    Driven

#286 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Cygnus
    Dreamline
    By-Tor
    Subdivisions
    Driven

I’m smoke a fat one and listen to your list because its pretty solid,,but yyz great multi song

#287 2 years ago

The Trees is one of my favorite songs. I'm not sure it would translate to a good pinball song, though.

#288 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

This quote defines this whole thread for me - one might say it is the epitome of this thread.

Sorry professor but you knew what I meant...

#289 2 years ago

The camera eye
    New world man ?

#290 2 years ago

dont forget Red Barchetta

#291 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I’m smoke a fat one and listen to your list because its pretty solid,,but yyz great multi song

Nice! Add it! I was intentionally trying to skip Moving Pictures because half the album is on the greatest hits haha

#292 2 years ago

By Tor and the Snow Dog MB
    Working Man
    Headlong Flight - Multiball (with slowly added MBs as the song ramps up)
    Fly By Night
    Spirit of the Radio
    Tom Sawyer
    Subdivisions - High School Mode with Tempest on Screen at one point, reacting to switches.
    R30 Tour Opening Overture MB/Wizard Mode with Jerry Stiller Intro on Screen
    Red Barchetta - Country/Mountain Drive Mode
    YYZ MB
    Digital Man
    Beneath Between and Behind
    Anthem
    Passage to Bankok
    Twilight Zone - Mode with Tribute to TZ pinball and hidden power ball
    Xanadu - Switch Mode, Long Ball saver during ramp up; but all points erased when ball is lost.
    Etc Etc Etc

#293 2 years ago

Oh,
    Could also add some music from Bands/Musicians that were inspired by Rush (or Inspired Rush)…assuming no licensing issue.

Random Inspiration Mode; Song comes up randomly; Metallica, Tool, RHCP, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage , ……

#294 2 years ago

IMG_0138 (resized).JPGIMG_0138 (resized).JPG

#295 2 years ago

I hope there’s a “Time Stand Still” magnet, and you just hear Aimee Mann’s vocal every time it grabs the ball haha

#296 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Cygnus
    Dreamline
    By-Tor
    Subdivisions
    Driven

This man is a true Rush fan.

I will throw in Analog Kid, Kid Gloves, Passage to Bangkok

If Bytor & the Snowdog makes it in I will be very happy but doubt that will happen.

#297 2 years ago

For all it's glorious self indulgence.....
    Natural Science - would be a great song for a RUSH pin to include IMHO

#298 2 years ago

I know it won't happen, but I'd be down with a Clockwork Angels theme. It's a coherent story, it's Geddy's favorite album of theirs, it has a steampunk vibe, and it is criminally underappreciated. I listen to it all the time and it never gets old.

#299 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nice! Add it! I was intentionally trying to skip Moving Pictures because half the album is on the greatest hits haha

haha! So true...pretty tough to pick a top 5

#300 2 years ago
    Quoted from gentrsa:

For all it's glorious self indulgence.....
    Natural Science - would be a great song for a RUSH pin to include IMHO

forum Rush fans can ensure the soundtrack is good to go!
    YYZ multi ball 1?

There are 542 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-or-motley-crue/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.