Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 396 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Rush or Crue”

• Rush Pinball 178 votes
      47%
    • Motley Crue Pinball 198 votes
      53%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cdb809c01916b2f13fd607bdc756f224 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5800 (resized).jpg
    b67e6bb026a16647420e655346bdebe3d00b63e0 (resized).jpeg
    61wGP4stqYL._SX355_ (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 2.54.20 PM (resized).png
    E6EDFDFB-AD03-4514-9B5B-10B082548DAB (resized).png
    A1E36B6F-A720-4D11-AB51-CCC901AAB75A (resized).png
    17D1C1E4-7836-4F40-A9A3-4C93E8FB9388 (resized).png
    7353F81A-5F95-4134-849D-770F7E919F85 (resized).jpeg
    047C8926-1234-4D98-949E-3E84CEB2EA06 (resized).jpeg
    CB05B871-578F-426D-8583-86CC8F72F278 (resized).jpeg
    C8C7CDE6-B0DE-485E-80E0-A19C621F056D (resized).jpeg
    9F811640-9461-410A-8961-13E19E774CBE (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1a (resized).jpg

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
    #201 45 days ago

I think both pins are worthy

#202 45 days ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think that is a pretty spot on assessment, I think Rush isn’t universally loved is because a lot of people, myself included, detest Geddy Lee’s voice/singing style.

How do you detest the voice of an Angel?

#203 45 days ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Geddy Lee, Eric Lifeson, Neil Peart.

Never heard of Eric Lifeson, but that guy Alex sure can play. My favorite Rush song is Working Man, basically one long guitar solo from beginning to end.

#204 45 days ago

I am confused by all of this love for Rush. I loved Rush back in the 90’s - I probably played Chronicles more than any other cd’s…. Ever. Even then Rush was more of a fringe band. I just can’t believe there is enough interest in them to become a pin. I loved them 30 years ago, but I have no interest in a Rush pin.

#205 45 days ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am confused by all of this love for Rush. I loved Rush back in the 90’s - I probably played Chronicles more than any other cd’s…. Ever. Even then Rush was more of a fringe band. I just can’t believe there is enough interest in them to become a pin. I loved them 30 years ago, but I have no interest in a Rush pin.

Honestly, I’m similar - I’m not an ultra super mega fan (although I do know plenty). I didn’t buy any of their albums after Counterparts (mid 90s?)…hell, I just fucked up and called Alex Eric lol …but, I still
    love them, their sound, their spirit, their talent…Spirit of Radio is probably my favorite song ever. When it comes to music pins, I think of bands that should have had pins made in the 90s, but didn’t. That’s why I thInk AC/DC & Met are so cool. For me, Rush fits with those two as a band that should have had a 90s pin.

#206 45 days ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Honestly, I’m similar - I’m not an ultra super mega fan (although I do know plenty). I didn’t buy any of their albums after Counterparts (mid 90s?)…hell, I just fucked up and called Alex Eric lol …but, I still
    love them, their sound, their spirit, their talent…Spirit of Radio is probably my favorite song ever. When it comes to music pins, I think of bands that should have had pins made in the 90s, but didn’t. That’s why I thInk AC/DC & Met are so cool. For me, Rush fits with those two as a band that should have had a 90s pin.

I would have loved playing a Rush pin in the 90's. I just don't think that type of art rock is relevant anymore. My daughter plays travel softball, so we spend almost every weekend at either a softball or baseball tournament. It is pretty common to hear AD/DC as a walk-up song, and you'll hear plenty of GnR and Metallica too... but I have never heard one of these kids play anything by Rush when they walk up to the plate. That is anecdotal, and I am not saying that pins should be based on what kids use as walk-up songs, but the demographic is pretty narrow. However, I also thought that Iron Maiden was a pretty odd choice too...

#207 45 days ago

Motley Crue.

#208 45 days ago

Just reading through this thread and I am thinking; Pinball might not be worthy of a Rush Pin.

Go ahead and just make the Motley Crue Pin.

But can someone in Canada help me to get some Rush Beer?

44469D2B-D04E-4899-BEBE-62E2D37B4B52 (resized).png
    #209 45 days ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I would have loved playing a Rush pin in the 90's. I just don't think that type of art rock is relevant anymore. My daughter plays travel softball, so we spend almost every weekend at either a softball or baseball tournament. It is pretty common to hear AD/DC as a walk-up song, and you'll hear plenty of GnR and Metallica too... but I have never heard one of these kids play anything by Rush when they walk up to the plate. That is anecdotal, and I am not saying that pins should be based on what kids use as walk-up songs, but the demographic is pretty narrow. However, I also thought that Iron Maiden was a pretty odd choice too...

I also would have thought why Maiden before others,then I played 1 then I bought the 1st maiden I could get my hands on.I will wait and see on these titles.If good in person im in.

#210 45 days ago
    Quoted from skink91:

That and the fact that they gloss over the ‘real’ dirt that has occurred (ironic name) with the band, because no one can look upon them as just rascals when you discuss wife-beating and rape.
    But that’s none of my business.

They're all degenerates. I dont think that's even up for debate.

#211 45 days ago

Ok. After all the debate and reading multiple posts, I'd much rather have a Suge Knight/death row rap pin before rush.

#212 45 days ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Ok. After all the debate and reading multiple posts, I'd much rather have a Suge Knight/death row rap pin before rush.

Something different at least. Rock pins sell well though.

#213 45 days ago

Motley Crue's first album was '81, and if I never hear them again, it will be too soon.

Rush's first album was '74 and it never gets old.

#214 45 days ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Motley Crue's first album was '81, and if I never hear them again, it will be too soon.
    Rush's first album was '74 and it never gets old.

Funny! The first Crue album is my favorite - and the self-titled Rush album is my LEAST favorite of theirs. I'd rather listen to Hold Your Fire even.

#215 45 days ago

Lots of young Youtubers listening to Rush for the first time lately!

#216 45 days ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Funny! The first Crue album is my favorite

Yup, that used to be a fave of mine as well.

#217 45 days ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Lots of young Youtubers listening to Rush for the first time lately!

Except those videos really don't have many views. The first one is at 120k after 7 months... the last one hasn't hit 2k. If anything it shows that there really isn't much interest.

#218 45 days ago

Not really a fan of either but I do appreciate some of their classics. Spirit of Radio is an absolutely killer fucking song (that intro/lead in will never get old and I’ve been hearing it for over 40 yrs) and Limelight is pretty great (Lifeson’s solo is absolutely glorious). This reminds me of how the Maiden guys wanted their pin so bad, so do the Rush guys. Give it to them. Might not be for me but I’d play it nonetheless. I’d also like to note that I didn’t mention Black Sabbath once in this thread.

#219 45 days ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Except those videos really don't have many views. The first one is at 120k after 7 months... the last one hasn't hit 2k. If anything it shows that there really isn't much interest.

Not really the point. I think it’s interesting to see young people experience something for the first time that I’ve heard or seen a billion times.

#220 44 days ago

Rush imo is the Canadian Pink Floyd with more complex music with story and meaning, while MC delivers songs like "Shout at the Devil" and "Girls Girls Girls". In pin speak its like comparing Twilight Zone to Hardbody, and dont get me wrong cuz Hardbody is a player. If you want some kick ass 80's music pins that are different but closer on par to each other how about The Scorpions vs The Cars. Both awesome 80's bands.

#221 44 days ago

There are so many songs equal or better than tom sawyer...I highly recommend listening to my favourite and most underrated of all rush songs, the necromancer. A perfect song for a rush pin I.m.o

#222 44 days ago
    1631114106720458613904 (resized).jpg
    #223 44 days ago

still waiting to hear one rush song that gets my pulse moving 2 beats per minute faster than what it is when I'm sitting in a recliner. You rush guys are weird.

#224 44 days ago

Both great bands for their respected genres.
    Both pins would sell well.
    My vote goes to Rush

#225 44 days ago

I threw a 3-day “Would you buy a Rush pin” poll up on the Rush Reddit. Obviously not scientific or anything, but a think a solid number for the Rush fans who happened to be reading Reddit on those specific days.

Maybe I should try one in the Crue Reddit.
    84DBAED9-B256-488B-AE12-867DA85415FD.jpeg

#226 44 days ago

Rush always reminded me of one of my Favorite bands that got me through the 70s and 80s!

#227 44 days ago

I hope for Rush the same way that I hoped for Maiden. Not interested but great for the many who are. Crue though, I’m almost certainly buying.

#228 44 days ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Yes but those 100 million were all bought for a penny from Columbia house.

Every band's record sales benefited from those bulk deals for CDs. Columbia House wasn't the only one offering those deals and they also sold CDs for their competitors.

#229 44 days ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

I hope for Rush the same way that I hoped for Maiden. Not interested but great for the many who are. Crue though, I’m almost certainly buying.

Both pins would sell
    Wonder if it's time for rap pin... outkast?
    .speakerboxxx

#230 44 days ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Both pins would sell
    Wonder if it's time for rap pin... outkast?
    .speakerboxxx

Notorious P.I.N

#231 44 days ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Wonder if it's time for rap pin... Beastie Boys?

Fixed it for you

#232 44 days ago

has there ever been a better multiball song?

#233 44 days ago

Neither pin...

#235 44 days ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yes.

#236 44 days ago

Crue was okay for the 1st 2 albums. After that, forget it. Rush=egghead rock. They are great musicians. Crue? Not so much. How about neither. Black Sabbath or Judas Priest would be better.

#237 44 days ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Crue was okay for the 1st 2 albums. After that, forget it. Rush=egghead rock. They are great musicians. Crue? Not so much. How about neither. Black Sabbath or Judas Priest would be better.

ugh sabbath would be god awful. Judas Priest would be awesome though

#238 44 days ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yep

#239 44 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

ugh sabbath would be god awful. Judas Priest would be awesome though

I believe you have that backwards.

#240 44 days ago

Looks like Geddy Lee and pinball collector Ed Robertson from Baranaked Ladies are teaming up ..for something. Would have been nice to combine these two into a pin ! Maybe they have ?

Screenshot_20210908-164107_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #241 44 days ago

Black Sabbath

#242 44 days ago

SABBATH!!

20200606_235818 (resized).jpg
    #243 44 days ago

Neither, but Rush sucks.

#244 43 days ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

My Mustang plays Kickstart for multiball. And it is pure perfection.

Side note the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit rollercoaster at Universal Studios Orlando has a rider selectable soundtrack for each seat. And from experience Kickstart is also pure perfection for a coaster ride.

#245 43 days ago
    Quoted from WarriorPin:

Neither, but Rush sucks.

Pretty much every other famous band on planet earth takes their hats off to them, they are inducted into the music hall of fame, they have 14 platinum and 3 double platinum albums in the US and 17 platinum in Canada but you think they suck.......I think you may not be a good judge of musicians and or talent. They don't have to be YOUR band but to say they suck makes you look a little well silly

#246 42 days ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

At least no girl was ever assaulted at a Rush concert.

Well, to be fair Rush and Crue tended to attract somewhat different crowds. Rush concerts were sausagefests attended largely by music nerds and had a more laid-back vibe, with a mostly stoned audience. Crue concerts were 2 hours of debauchery with some music thrown in, and a mostly drunken audience hell-bent on getting laid. Both made for a great time, but one is clearly more conducive to assaults and other bad behavior than the other…

(Source: I have seen Rush x7 and Crue x3 live.)

#247 42 days ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Pretty much every other famous band on planet earth takes their hats off to them, they are inducted into the music hall of fame, they have 14 platinum and 3 double platinum albums in the US and 17 platinum in Canada but you think they suck.......I think you may not be a good judge of musicians and or talent. They don't have to be YOUR band but to say they suck makes you look a little well silly

Accolades aside, his "opinion" of their music can't be wrong. Talent doesn't always translate to enjoyable music for everyone. It's obviously very subjective, but to me, Geddy Lee makes my ears bleed, and all the awards and record sales on the planet will never change my mind.

It's kind of funny how everyone tries to convince each other of what they enjoy is the correct choice and that only someone with no ear for talent couldn't see it. I'll give you your point about Rush being talented, but don't you dare try and tell me that lima beans are delicious. I don't care how many awards they win at the farmer's markets.

#248 42 days ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I believe you have that backwards.

Yeah a bunch of crappy songs that were only good in the 60s with ozzy's terrible singing and the most boring riffs of all time or a bunch of driving face melting guitar and rob halford's amazing voice pounding away at your ear butts. I'll take the latter.

I hate black sabbath. I understand they were an influential band but ugh they are an instant skip any time anything by them plays. Ozzy sucks too btw and ozzy fans in general are cringe.

Of course, these are just like, my opinions man

#249 42 days ago
    Quoted from WarriorPin:

Neither, but Rush sucks.

What a hot load of poo
    If neither then why open the thread?

#250 42 days ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Accolades aside, his "opinion" of their music can't be wrong. Talent doesn't always translate to enjoyable music for everyone. It's obviously very subjective, but to me, Geddy Lee makes my ears bleed, and all the awards and record sales on the planet will never change my mind.
    It's kind of funny how everyone tries to convince each other of what they enjoy is the correct choice and that only someone with no ear for talent couldn't see it. I'll give you your point about Rush being talented, but don't you dare try and tell me that lima beans are delicious. I don't care how many awards they win at the farmer's markets.

Another hot load of poo
    Farmers markets? both Motley Crue and Rush are monstors of rock. Personally I would. buy both .

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside