(Topic ID: 299791)

Rush or Motley Crue

By Rascal_H

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Rush or Crue”

• Rush Pinball 208 votes
      47%
    • Motley Crue Pinball 235 votes
      53%

(443 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2F0BFA43-EFE7-4924-990A-EF024EBF6882.gif
    9AF6B929-DA12-413D-B0D6-B3960F60B8E3 (resized).jpeg
    9255F6C0-A16E-4B40-A178-20A32E888697 (resized).jpeg
    9133728D-E48C-4614-8C97-A794CFD2A545 (resized).jpeg
    20150524_192207 (resized).jpg
    76cbd146e7f35a44b912f88e20228b46 (resized).jpg
    16379540778402584373181184889177 (resized).jpg
    triumphrockmachine (resized).jpeg
    AF1D18A1-6A1E-4E7E-B059-2049962ED5DF.jpeg
    7E5328A2-80BA-443C-90FE-FD2168004881.jpeg
    EBD0D86D-CE96-45B6-8E1D-55F22DA103D6.png
    FFE1F177-CFFE-4AC3-8DDF-D9EEEE81B28B.png
    F639E4C2-A652-41D2-ABA1-58D1F616F82D.png
    0442D7D5-4FC3-4EA4-890E-407D80D205BE.png
    cdb809c01916b2f13fd607bdc756f224 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5800 (resized).jpg
    There are 542 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
    #151 2 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Can’t seem to get Tom Sawyer out of my head after all these years. Don’t need it under the glass. Crüe for the pinball experience.

Listen to some Crue to get that crap out of your head.

#152 2 years ago

Add an neither option on this poll.

#153 2 years ago

Only one band is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The other one is banned.

#154 2 years ago

Don’t mind boob, he’s still bent he paid full price for theatre of pain.

7C7CDC24-E452-4E3C-BBA9-1967CC793224 (resized).jpeg7C7CDC24-E452-4E3C-BBA9-1967CC793224 (resized).jpeg

#155 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Rush would bring more sales than midnight oil mate

Maybe in America it would, But not in Australia!
    I would bet my house on it!!!!!

BTW how many sales did ACDC get?
    Sure more sales than Rush will ever get.

#156 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Your loss. To exist in the same time as Rush & to actively try to never enjoy them is a crime against the universe.

You just need to listen to better music mate

Try Queen for starters!

#157 2 years ago

What about art and marketing? Crue would destroy Rush in both. I don't think Rush would sell well just like I think my all time favorite band, tool, wouldn't sell well, even though tool destroys in the art department. It just won't make good pinball and there aren't enough buyers, just like Rush.

Crue is a mainstream party Rock band with a popular film made about them. EVERYBODY knows Tommy and Vince. Most know Nikki. I personally do not want a Crue pin, but if it was an Elwin or Lawlor design, I'd consider it. I don't care how well they design a rush pin, Geddy makes my ears bleed. Music sounds good though!

#158 2 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

You just need to listen to better music mate
    Try Queen for starters!

Why do you assume I don’t listen to Queen? Queen is great. How are you qualified to judge what’s “better” if you’ve never heard Rush?

It’s possible to listen to & enjoy lots of bands. Lol

#159 2 years ago

I seem to be in the minority here; I love all the bands that have been discussed so far. Does that make me a horrible person?

#160 2 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

Maybe in America it would, But not in Australia!
    I would bet my house on it!!!!!
    BTW how many sales did ACDC get?
    Sure more sales than Rush will ever get.

AC/DC sold great. So did Metallica. Other music pins? Not as well, but they still made them & will continue to make more. As long as they sell out LEs, any sales after that are gravy.

#161 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Why do you assume I don’t listen to Queen? Queen is great. How are you qualified to judge what’s “better” if you’ve never heard Rush?
    It’s possible to listen to & enjoy lots of bands. Lol

Exactly how do you know if you never heard the music.They usually dont play Rush on the same station you hear olivia newton john.

#162 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Exactly how do you know if you never heard the music.They usually dont play Rush on the same station you hear olivia newton john.

Oh, I thought you were the guy who said he’d never heard of them and wouldn’t Google them.

#163 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh, I thought you were the guy who said he’d never heard of them and wouldn’t Google them.

I was only able to see Rush live 4 times and they are some of the best shows i have ever seen.And working for Bill Graham Presents I have seen a bunch of shows including Crue and they were pretty good too.

#164 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

U tube The band Buffalo (live in Australia video 1974) and Rush on The same ticket would of been awesome. Shows Aussies like rock so it would be impossible if no Rush fans in Australia.

#165 2 years ago

I would argue Buffalo is a better band than midnight oil but I'm an old rocker

#166 2 years ago

Beastie Boys better than both these options.

#167 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:U tube The band Buffalo (live in Australia video 1974) and Rush on The same ticket would of been awesome. Shows Aussies like rock so it would be impossible if no Rush fans in Australia.

1974 lol, the thing with Rush is there’s virtually no generational carryover, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone under 30 who has heard of them. My kids 18 and 26 had some friends over last night and not 1 had heard of Rush. Everyone knew who Motley Crue was.

#168 2 years ago

Don't forget the record companies grip and payola. ..just listen to zappa joes garage.

#169 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

My kids 18 and 26 had some friends over last night and not 1 had heard of Rush. Everyone knew who Motley Crue was.

Yeah...you don't want to play that card. Most kids can't even tell you who's running the country. It's sad...

#170 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...you don't want to play that card. Most kids can't even tell you who's running the country. It's sad...

I get ya, but Rush fans tend to way over estimate their popularity, they definitely have a rabid fan base, but it’s 1 deomographic, over 40 white male, which is perfect for the pinball demo, haha.

#171 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

My kids 18 and 26 had some friends over last night and not 1 had heard of Rush. Everyone knew who Motley Crue was.

Kids aren’t the ones buying pinball machines.

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from gouveia:

But they will put a $1 in a game if it’s a theme they like. See it all the time.

#173 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

1974 lol, the thing with Rush is there’s virtually no generational carryover, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone under 30 who has heard of them. My kids 18 and 26 had some friends over last night and not 1 had heard of Rush. Everyone knew who Motley Crue was.

Some kids are cooler than yours.

#174 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Some kids are cooler than yours.

Haha, Rush is the ultimate nerd band.

Growing up, wearing a Rush shirt was like wearing chick repellent.

#175 2 years ago

You spelled QUEEN wrong.

I'm sure you meant Queen or Crue.

Who listens to rush? Who is rush? Name a band member. Then name a song. I got nuthin....

#176 2 years ago
    Quoted from gouveia:

The point is relevance. On location those kids are the ones playing. That's where the THEME comes in.

Which is why Rush should never ever ever ever ever ever.... Ever. Be mentioned again for a pinball machine. Ever. Never ever.

#177 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Difference is, some of us actually PLAYED Rush in high school bands and still got the chicks.

Not me, mind you. But some of us.

#178 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ecw0930:

Which is why Rush should never ever ever ever ever ever.... Ever. Be mentioned again for a pinball machine. Ever. Never ever.

You might want to take a break from Pinside in December.

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Difference is, some of us actually PLAYED Rush in high school bands and still got the chicks.
    Not me, mind you. But some of us.

Here!

#180 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Owning pinball is “chick repellent”. Hence, Rush + Pinball = perfect combo.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

Who listens to rush? Who is rush? Name a band member. Then name a song. I got nuthin....

Geddy Lee, Eric Lifeson, Neil Peart.

You’ve heard these songs, even by accident.

#181 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

To funny. Rule in getting a second date. Don't say you collect Pinball machines and hang out in a basement lol.

#182 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Not in Australia! Rush is as popular as a redheaded stepchild down here

Of course, we’d have Stern making Midnight Oil, Cold Chisel, Easybeats and Hoodoo Guru pinball machines, which may sell as well outside Australia as Hankin’s Dennis Lillee’s Howzat machine did in the 1980s.

#183 2 years ago

What will be the the LE allocation for a Rush pin?

997 to North America and 3 to Europe/Australia?

It may actually make it easier for Rush pinheads to grab an LE

#184 2 years ago
    Dinki-di (resized).pngDinki-di (resized).png
    #185 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

What is the highest selling music pin?

KISS 17,000 sold.

No band will ever top that.

#186 2 years ago

Really? I would think Metallica, you see them everywhere, I’ve rarely seen a Kiss pin anywhere

#187 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Really? I would think Metallica, you see them everywhere, I’ve rarely seen a Kiss pin anywhere

They sold 17,000 of them...........back in the 70s.......

#188 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

They sold 17,000 of them...........back in the 70s.......

Forgot about the old Kiss

#189 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Coming from the UK Rush is a mystery to me beyond references to them in films - even as a lifelong music fan- they just do not register here on any level.
    So seriously that is the first time I have ever heard those tracks …. The nicest thing I can say is it’s very of it’s time , nobody listens to that now right ???

#190 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chambo:

Not in Australia! Rush is as popular as a redheaded stepchild down here

Well, consider it a nice break, then. Australian pinball fans must be going broke if they want every single title!

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ive:

. The nicest thing I can say is it’s very of it’s time , nobody listens to that now right ???

Primus fans are listening to it now

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/primus-rush-farewell-to-kings-tour-kick-off-1210814/

…and six days ago, this French girl had her MIND BLOWN!!!

#192 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

1974 lol, the thing with Rush is there’s virtually no generational carryover, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone under 30 who has heard of them.

Positively not true.
    Rush is my favorite band, and my Les Paul owner/player 15 year old daughter discovered them on her own with zero influence from me.

Domestically, Crue may have some superiority.
    Worldwide: Rush definitely wins this one, and Rush also has nowhere near the checkered past the Crue does.

Been dreaming about Subdivisions rocking away while I am flippin' for a long time.
    Now it's 3-9 months away!!!!

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

Positively not true.
    Rush is my favorite band, and my Les Paul owner/player 15 year old daughter discovered them on her own with zero influence from me.
    Worldwide: Rush definitely wins this one, and Rush also has nowhere near the checkered past the Crue does.
    Been dreaming about Subdivisions rocking away while I am flippin' for a long time.

These are rock bands not church choirs. When a rock band has a "checkered" past, it's considered a net positive. This is why The Dirt was so popular

Other than a few songs off of the Feelgood album, a Crue pin would have to be loaded up with most of the songs from the first two albums to really be any good(IMHO). I realize most of their commercial success was after Shout at the Devil, but the first two albums are their best by far.
    Rush does nothing for me, but I believe the theme would do fairly well internationally.

#194 2 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

Positively not true.

Not even close worldwide, not now, not ever. Not by any metric. Record sales- nope. Concert sales-nope. Downloads-Nope. Just look at the responses from any pinsider from Eur/Aus, on this thread or the dozens of other “ I want a Rush pin” threads. They either aren’t fans or have never heard of them. You are the one that is dead wrong. Again it doesn’t make Crue better than Rush But it is absolutely no contest in popularity by any metric you look at, well except maybe fanboyism.

#195 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Not even close worldwide, not now, not ever. Not by any metric. Record sales- nope. Concert sales-nope. Downloads-Nope. Just look at the responses from any pinsider from Eur/Aus, on this thread or the dozens of other “ I want a Rush pin” threads. They either aren’t fans or have never heard of them. You are the one that is dead wrong. Again it doesn’t make Crue better than Rush But it is absolutely no contest in popularity by any metric you look at, well except maybe fanboyism.

You're right. I thought worldwide record sales would have favored Rush, but it's not close. Rush is sitting at 40 Million WW and the Crue has sold 100 Million.

#196 2 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

You're right. I thought worldwide record sales would have favored Rush, but it's not close. Rush is sitting at 40 Million WW and the Crue has sold 100 Million.

Yes but those 100 million were all bought for a penny from Columbia house.

#197 2 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

This is why The Dirt was so popular

That and the fact that they gloss over the ‘real’ dirt that has occurred (ironic name) with the band, because no one can look upon them as just rascals when you discuss wife-beating and rape.

But that’s none of my business.

#198 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Most kids can relate to their earlier years. Its Mr. Potato Head.

#199 2 years ago

Rush = brilliant musicians vs Crue brilliant entertainers

#200 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Rush = brilliant musicians vs Crue brilliant entertainers

I think that is a pretty spot on assessment, I think Rush isn’t universally loved is because a lot of people, myself included, detest Geddy Lee’s voice/singing style.

There are 542 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-or-motley-crue/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.