(Topic ID: 299791)

Rush or Motley Crue

By Rascal_H

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Rush or Crue”

• Rush Pinball 208 votes
      47%
    • Motley Crue Pinball 235 votes
      53%

(443 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2F0BFA43-EFE7-4924-990A-EF024EBF6882.gif
    9AF6B929-DA12-413D-B0D6-B3960F60B8E3 (resized).jpeg
    9255F6C0-A16E-4B40-A178-20A32E888697 (resized).jpeg
    9133728D-E48C-4614-8C97-A794CFD2A545 (resized).jpeg
    20150524_192207 (resized).jpg
    76cbd146e7f35a44b912f88e20228b46 (resized).jpg
    16379540778402584373181184889177 (resized).jpg
    triumphrockmachine (resized).jpeg
    AF1D18A1-6A1E-4E7E-B059-2049962ED5DF.jpeg
    7E5328A2-80BA-443C-90FE-FD2168004881.jpeg
    EBD0D86D-CE96-45B6-8E1D-55F22DA103D6.png
    FFE1F177-CFFE-4AC3-8DDF-D9EEEE81B28B.png
    F639E4C2-A652-41D2-ABA1-58D1F616F82D.png
    0442D7D5-4FC3-4EA4-890E-407D80D205BE.png
    cdb809c01916b2f13fd607bdc756f224 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5800 (resized).jpg

There are 542 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
    #51 2 years ago

Rotating drum kit!
    That alone screams Crue pinball.

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Crue has some fun songs - does anyone LOVE them so much they want a pin of them in their house? No.

Yes, Yes, & Yes. The passion for cock rock on Pinside is rock hard.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes, Yes, & Yes. The passion for cock rock on Pinside is rock hard.

Well, if Crue has a passionate fanbase that would be into pins - cool. The bottom line with any music pin is it’s going to appeal specifically to fans of that band and turn off anyone not into that music…and that’s fine - a pin that sells a thousand or so is enough of a hit to be worth making. It doesn’t have to appeal to millions. Another game in the “catalogue” of in-production games to keep the factory churning.

#54 2 years ago

Both will sell well. Crue in a landslide. Girls Girls Girls triple multiball FTW.

#55 2 years ago

CRUE and it's not even close. Rush is an ok band, but most of their songs are really not that great for pinball. Also rush fans tend to really over rate the band. Sorry rarehero, kaneda is mostly right.

#56 2 years ago

SLAYER!

#57 2 years ago

Oh.. say it ain't so. Rush? I think I know 2 songs. Crue on the other hand all day. And their songs don't put you to sleep.

#58 2 years ago

Rush, although I love both bands. Crue would have a more rocking soundtrack, Rush has way more mythology, would make a better game

#59 2 years ago

Both would work......
    Either le would sell out in 1 hour.....

#60 2 years ago

Both bands would be great for pinball. But people who aren't into Rush don't realize how rabid their fan base is. There's no more music now and no more Neil, so anything new from them would be exciting news.

Rush fans will come out of the woodwork for a pinball machine. Guaranteed. It will sell like crazy.

#61 2 years ago

The problem isn’t that Rush sucks...

The problem is that rush fans are utterly humorless about the fact that so many people think rush sucks. They are like maiden fans that way. It’s not a band, it’s a cult!!

This being said crue also kinda sucks. But I’d take a crue pin over a rush pin for the kitsch factor alone. And they do have some
    Lightweight hard Rockin stuff that would work well for a pin.

As I’ve said before both would sell fine. I can’t think of a classic rock band theme that wouldn’t sell. CSNY maybe?

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from gouveia:

Both bands would be great for pinball. But people who aren't into Rush don't realize how rabid their fan base is. There's no more music now and no more Neil, so anything new from them would be exciting news.
    Rush fans will come out of the woodwork for a pinball machine. Guaranteed. It will sell like crazy.

This guy gets it

#63 2 years ago

Of course I do. I'm a huge fan. hahaha.

#64 2 years ago

Please Rush or Crue long before “Teach Your Children” mini-wizard mode!
    41C89A6C-6E87-4A95-9FEC-3F18AD95825E (resized).jpeg41C89A6C-6E87-4A95-9FEC-3F18AD95825E (resized).jpeg

#65 2 years ago

I think the CSNY pin would sell a million units if you had a “Crosby vs Young” mode. And “Crosby vs Nash” mode. Not sure why he hates all of them.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

. Sorry rarehero, kaneda is mostly right.

He’s not. He always fails to understand pop culture & fanbases that he’s unaware of. Just because things are outside of a personal bubble of knowledge doesn't mean they don’t exist. He didn’t know what R&M was, dismissing that it’s one of the biggest shows with a rabid fanbase….he thought Halloween wouldn’t sell, dismissing the huge horror fan world.

It’s weird that someone who wants to blow Slash doesn’t understand the passionate fanbase of bands.

It’s cool to not like a band. It’s ignorant to dismiss the success of Rush, their influence, and their fans.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s cool to not like a band. It’s ignorant to dismiss the success of Rush, their influence, and their fans.

But… so what? I have zero problem understanding that many people can’t stand Rush. I personally think they have bad taste in music, and will often say so…but at the end of the day I don’t really care.

I guess I just don’t find myself on a crusade looking to evangelize people about it, or ‘demand respect’ for them. They don’t need anyone to do so.

I just don’t get it I guess.

#68 2 years ago

Has there ever been a rock pin that didn’t sell?

I know some will claim Stones, but you ever try to buy one? They aren’t exactly out there. I bet tons of them ended up in stones fans’ hopefully dry basements.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I guess I just don’t find myself on a crusade looking to evangelize people about it, or ‘demand respect’ for them. They don’t need anyone to do so.

It’s not even that. You’ve got certain people
    who think Rush would be a terrible theme for a pin after tons of 70s/80s bands have had pins. Rush fits right in to pinball as well as any classic rock band has. If it’s not your thing, move along…but understand many many people are going to be thrilled, and it will sell.

#70 2 years ago

“I love Rush” , said no female ever.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

E736D6E2-BEBC-41CD-B450-456C3D6A4A54 (resized).jpegE736D6E2-BEBC-41CD-B450-456C3D6A4A54 (resized).jpeg
    #72 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

LOL I’ve dragged my wife to 3 Rush shows and she had a good time at all of them. Although that is kind of her superpower. Little did we know the 3rd was the last tour…

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I found one! She might be related to Geddy, tho

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I found one! She might be related to Geddy, tho

They do exist!!

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

CRUE and it's not even close. Rush is an ok band, but most of their songs are really not that great for pinball. Also rush fans tend to really over rate the band. Sorry rarehero, kaneda is mostly right.

Well said. Really like rush videos ( sarcastic} Watch them now. yes, that bad.

#77 2 years ago

I want both, but chose Crue......

#78 2 years ago

One vote for RUSH!
    But I would be in for an LE of VAN HALEN.

Van Halen.1978 instore.groupshot.12-11 (resized).jpgVan Halen.1978 instore.groupshot.12-11 (resized).jpg
    #79 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Sorry rarehero, kaneda is mostly right.

Well, there's a first time for everything, I suppose.

But this ain't it.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Well it isn't for the dim witted.

#81 2 years ago

I'd take both in a heartbeat

#82 2 years ago

IMO RUSH better drummer
    better Bass player
    better lead guitar player
    better vocalist
    better band
    Crue is a good openinig act

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

IMO RUSH better drummer
    better Bass player
    better vocalist
    better band
    Crue is a good openinig act

LOL! I'd love to see the Crue attempt La Villa Strangiato.

(Full disclosure: I love Looks That Kill and Dr. Feelgood. Oh, and Live Wire. And Girls, Girls, Girls. And...)

#84 2 years ago

I still have no idea who the hell Rush are. I should YouTube them, but I can't be arsed. I already know I won't like them.

#85 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

LOL! I'd love to see the Crue attempt La Villa Strangiato.
    (Full disclosure: I love Looks That Kill and Dr. Feelgood. Oh, and Live Wire. And Girls, Girls, Girls. And...)

Fun fact - the music on CrueBall for Sega Genesis was done by BK2K’s Brian Schmidt. Sounds like a cross between Crue & BK2K!

#86 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

IMO RUSH better drummer
    better Bass player
    better vocalist

I’ll go along with the first three, but in their prime no way was Geddy Lee the better vocalist. Of course listening to songs off of each of their last tours they both sound horrible these days.

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I’ll go along with the first three, but in their prime no way was Geddy Lee the better vocalist. Of course listening to songs off of each of their last tours they both sound horrible these days.

I like both but like 1 better

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Sigh.. right on both counts. Vince *in the studio* was one in a million (he was really never very good live, but at least serviceable from 1980-1984)*. Geddy actually got WAY better in the 80s and was remarkably consistent live* but.. I mean we can’t pretend he was David Coverdale or something.

*verified by multiple bootlegs

#89 2 years ago

I can believe people havent heard of Mahogany Rush but never heard of Rush,I had FM when I was younger.

#90 2 years ago

Let's be honest does Motley Crue have any songs that or music that compares to 2112 I think not ..nd people Say a rush PIN wouldn't sell they should do their homework when Rush was touring there were one of the biggest acts in gross revenue as musicians there's no comparison Tommy Lee versus Neil Peart Alex lifeson verse Mick Mars and on bass Nikki sticks vs. Geddy Lee Rush went out on top and crew is still trying to milk it there are an embarrassment and when Rush went overseas there tours always sold out Rush has one of the most loyal fan bases in music and I believe the pin will have no trouble selling yeah I'm bias cuz I'm a Big Time Rush fan as of Motley Crue yeah they were cool when you were 15 or 16...

#91 2 years ago

2112 and all the worlds a stage are 2 of the best albums ever.If you really havent heard of Rush youtube either of those albums you may enjoy them.Nothing bad to say about Crue I might buy 1 if available used.Like Maiden I went in because the game play was so good and discovered I like their music more than I thought.

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The problem isn’t that Rush sucks...
    The problem is that rush fans are utterly humorless about the fact that so many people think rush sucks. They are like maiden fans that way. It’s not a band, it’s a cult!!
    This being said crue also kinda sucks. But I’d take a crue pin over a rush pin for the kitsch factor alone. And they do have some
    Lightweight hard Rockin stuff that would work well for a pin.
    As I’ve said before both would sell fine. I can’t think of a classic rock band theme that wouldn’t sell. CSNY maybe?

Rush maybe has a little better lead singer, but with what Vince lacks in vocals, Mick and Tommy more than adequately make up for. You could pull almost any 3 songs from each of the first 4 albums and have a kick ass pin.

Have a black shout at the devil cabinet with Allister Fiend on the sides of the head and pentagram on the sides of the cabinet with shout at the devil written below it.(won’t happen though).Have a Theatre of pain cabinet, or a Dr Feelgood cabinet.

I don’t want the naked Rush Dude. So many Crue songs I can name off the top of my head, Rush, not a chance. Rush puts off a gay vibe in my opinion. Sorry Rush fans.

C0FB1595-4398-4A05-B91B-75661DEAAE56 (resized).pngC0FB1595-4398-4A05-B91B-75661DEAAE56 (resized).png33F4121E-018A-42F3-8997-05F497EB13D9 (resized).png33F4121E-018A-42F3-8997-05F497EB13D9 (resized).png77A86E68-85BD-4F14-9EDC-DC02554575EB (resized).jpeg77A86E68-85BD-4F14-9EDC-DC02554575EB (resized).jpegB682A0B6-F5D2-4FD6-A3E2-66A9CDE6FDD3 (resized).jpegB682A0B6-F5D2-4FD6-A3E2-66A9CDE6FDD3 (resized).jpegF3ABE949-D2D1-416B-854D-B4FE54E27201 (resized).jpegF3ABE949-D2D1-416B-854D-B4FE54E27201 (resized).jpeg3DC81193-CD7F-4EC9-A81C-2B6BC8D93990 (resized).jpeg3DC81193-CD7F-4EC9-A81C-2B6BC8D93990 (resized).jpegB05D5C87-7CFD-4C1C-AB6F-51858C459E59 (resized).jpegB05D5C87-7CFD-4C1C-AB6F-51858C459E59 (resized).jpeg8E82826C-A54B-4B3A-A14E-48BED6F450BA (resized).png8E82826C-A54B-4B3A-A14E-48BED6F450BA (resized).png

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from Geddy2112:

Let's be honest does Motley Crue have any songs that or music that compares to 2112 I think not ..nd people Say a rush PIN wouldn't sell they should do their homework when Rush was touring there were one of the biggest acts in gross revenue as musicians there's no comparison Tommy Lee versus Neil Peart Alex lifeson verse Mick Mars and on bass Nikki sticks vs. Geddy Lee Rush went out on top and crew is still trying to milk it there are an embarrassment and when Rush went overseas there tours always sold out Rush has one of the most loyal fan bases in music and I believe the pin will have no trouble selling yeah I'm bias cuz I'm a Big Time Rush fan as of Motley Crue yeah they were cool when you were 15 or 16...

Read post #84, this is gone over in every one of the dozens of Rush threads, the overwhelming majority of European/Australian pinsiders have never even heard of Rush. Which admittedly shocked me.

Also Motley Crue has sold almost 3xs the amount of records over their careers, that’s not saying they are better, just more popular.

#94 2 years ago

easy choice

#95 2 years ago

Don't know who the F#ck Rush is, and not going to google to find out!
    Just a very easy passsssss

And I'm sure that I'm not the only one in Australia regards who is Rush! Other than the Racing Movie - Hunt

Bring on Jaws and BTTF and I'll be more than happy!

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

And I'm sure that I'm not the only one in Australia regards who is Rush! Other than the Racing Movie - Hunt

Have you heard of Motley Crue? Haha

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Crue is currently more popular than Rush, according to sales/downloads. I don’t really care much for either though. But like Rarehero was saying popularity doesn’t always equate to pin sales.

Guess you have never heard the necromancer

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

Rush would bring more sales than midnight oil mate

#99 2 years ago
    Quoted from Geddy2112:

I am sure that is the longest sentence ever written. I did not know when to take a breath.

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Guess you have never heard the necromancer

I’ve heard enough of them to know they’re not my cup of tea. I’d honestly be happy for all the die hard Rush fans if they made a Rush pin.

There are 542 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-or-motley-crue/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.