(Topic ID: 299791)

Rush or Motley Crue

By Rascal_H

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Rush or Crue”

• Rush Pinball 208 votes
      47%
    • Motley Crue Pinball 235 votes
      53%

(443 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2F0BFA43-EFE7-4924-990A-EF024EBF6882.gif
    9AF6B929-DA12-413D-B0D6-B3960F60B8E3 (resized).jpeg
    9255F6C0-A16E-4B40-A178-20A32E888697 (resized).jpeg
    9133728D-E48C-4614-8C97-A794CFD2A545 (resized).jpeg
    20150524_192207 (resized).jpg
    76cbd146e7f35a44b912f88e20228b46 (resized).jpg
    16379540778402584373181184889177 (resized).jpg
    triumphrockmachine (resized).jpeg
    AF1D18A1-6A1E-4E7E-B059-2049962ED5DF.jpeg
    7E5328A2-80BA-443C-90FE-FD2168004881.jpeg
    EBD0D86D-CE96-45B6-8E1D-55F22DA103D6.png
    FFE1F177-CFFE-4AC3-8DDF-D9EEEE81B28B.png
    F639E4C2-A652-41D2-ABA1-58D1F616F82D.png
    0442D7D5-4FC3-4EA4-890E-407D80D205BE.png
    cdb809c01916b2f13fd607bdc756f224 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5800 (resized).jpg

There are 542 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
    #1 2 years ago

Which would you more likely buy?

#2 2 years ago

Crue!!
    Start a poll

#3 2 years ago

I’d take one of each, Rush for myself and the Crue for my girl. If she says buy this pin why would I argue.

#4 2 years ago

Oops, poll added

#5 2 years ago

Crue for sure

#6 2 years ago

Why not both!?

#7 2 years ago

Rush ,not sure how many crue songs I like but Rush would have no room left with all of their choices.

#8 2 years ago

Both sound great but Rush for me.

#10 2 years ago

Two threads are better than one! /bad joke What is the highest selling music pin?

#11 2 years ago

My spotify playlist has 10-15 crue songs and maybe 2-3 RUSH so i am going with crue all day.

#12 2 years ago

Crue, but Rush is awesome as well.

#13 2 years ago

Crue. Rush would never sell. Like some of their stuff, but they are not for most people.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Rush would never sell

We will find out soon as it's coming in December

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Crue. Rush would never sell. Like some of their stuff, but they are not for most people.

Which is why if you even want a Rush LE right now, you have to get on a waiting list...

I'm wondering why people start these threads. (Twice, no less.) Is it because you know Rush is coming out and you're pissed off that it's not Motley Crue so you're trying to show Stern they somehow fucked up? Just trying to understand the psychology here...

#16 2 years ago

Rush will sell. Motley would sell too. Love me some music pins!

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Rush will sell. Motley would sell too. Love me some music pins!

What he said... ^^^

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Which is why if you even want a Rush LE right now, you have to get on a waiting list...
    I'm wondering why people start these threads. (Twice, no less.) Is it because you know Rush is coming out and you're pissed off that it's not Motley Crue so you're trying to show Stern they somehow fucked up? Just trying to understand the psychology here...

How do you get on the wait list? I always miss out on the LEs. Well, at least the last few.....

#19 2 years ago

You need the ‘both’ or ‘neither’ options

#20 2 years ago

Rush will sell well in North America, and flop in Europe/Australia. The majority of pinsiders from Eur/Aus either have never heard of them or aren’t fans.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

How do you get on the wait list? I always miss out on the LEs. Well, at least the last few.....

Just contact your favorite distributor and let them know you're interested. Then, when the game is announced and people are pissed off at the price increase and the empty playfield--voila!--the distributor will contact you with a slot that opened up. Then you'll have a game that everyone on Pinside will destroy...until a year later when they decide it's a classic, but Stern isn't making them anymore. Never fails.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just contact your favorite distributor and let them know you're interested. Then, when the game is announced and people are pissed off at the price increase and the empty playfield--voila!--the distributor will contact you with a slot that opened up. Then you'll have a game that everyone on Pinside will destroy...until a year later when they decide it's a classic, but Stern isn't making them anymore. Never fails.

Has LZ reached this status yet? Still diggin it,,,

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Has LZ reached this status yet? Still diggin it,,,

It should. Everyone I know that has bought one is loving it even 8 months later. Mine's going nowhere.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Borntolose:

Fingers crossed. Elwin x RUSH

Elwin is on Gozilla. Borg is Rush.

#26 2 years ago

Crue if they use current pics and art since Vince Neil looks like he ate the rest of the band.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Crue if they use current pics and art since Vince Neil looks like he ate the rest of the band.

Hey the best gain weight as they get older......Vince.....Axl......your boy Elvis!!

#28 2 years ago

Crue

#29 2 years ago

Crue

#30 2 years ago

Crue, why anyone would release Rush is a very questionable and quite poor research...
    But I reckon the license is dirt cheap.

Loads of bands that should get a treatment before a virtually unknown band like Rush.
    Van Halen, Queen etc... Even more modern stuff like Rammstein would sell way better.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Howdy:

Crue, why anyone would release Rush is a very questionable and quite poor research...
    Loads of bands that should get a treatment before a virtually unknown band like Rush.
    Van Halen, Queen etc... Even more modern stuff like Rammstein would sell way better.

Rush is a polarizing band. They have plenty of die hard fans in this part of the world on one hand, but are in every most hated band list ever compiled. A true love/hate band.

#32 2 years ago

Rammstein?! Uh...okay.

#33 2 years ago

What? The "unknown band" comment is just crap but then u follow up with "Rammstein" which is disturbing then onto "would sell way better" and that's just embarrassing. Please sir always remember

72339b89bc608393152f071d1a74bd42 (resized).jpg72339b89bc608393152f071d1a74bd42 (resized).jpg
    #34 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Elwin is on Gozilla.

Is that confirmed?

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Rush is a polarizing band. They have plenty of die hard fans in this part of the world on one hand, but are in every most hated band list ever compiled. A true love/hate band.

I LOVE bands like that!

Quoted from Hazoff:

Is that confirmed?

By those who supposedly have inside info. Is it publicly confirmed? No. Anything can happen, of course. Except WWF 2.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Hey the best gain weight as they get older......Vince.....Axl......your boy Elvis!!

This is true but my boy Elvis is dead and all.

#37 2 years ago

I’ve long said Motley Crue needs a pin .Plenty of content for sure .I’m sure Sixx would be heavily involved like Slash was .

#38 2 years ago

Rush would be badass also .

#39 2 years ago

This is the wrongest thing anyone has ever said on Earth.

You do some research. You’ll realize Rush fans are ultra passionate 45-60 white male nerds with money….aka the exact person who would buy a pinball machine based on a theme they love.

Rush is also worshipped by every rock musician & actors like Jack Black and Pail Rudd. More rich guys with room for pins.

Rush pinball doesn’t need to appeal to millions…just a few thousand Rush fans will make it a success for Stern.

Arguing “bigger” bands is irrelevant. Beatles is bigger. Fans don’t want a pin. Aerosmith is bigger. Fans don’t want a pin.

Rush fans want a pin.

#40 2 years ago

Neither!! Especially Motley Crue.

#41 2 years ago

Crue is great! Wait… its still 1988, correct?

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Crue is great! Wait… its still 1988, correct?

Crue is currently more popular than Rush, according to sales/downloads. I don’t really care much for either though. But like Rarehero was saying popularity doesn’t always equate to pin sales.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Crue is currently more popular than Rush, according to sales/downloads. I don’t really care much for either though. But like Rarehero was saying popularity doesn’t always equate to pin sales.

Or ‘great music’ for that matter - they were one of my favorites when I was in high school, but these days they get a quick channel change from me.

#44 2 years ago

Crue, because the movie was nice!

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Or ‘great music’ for that matter - they were one of my favorites when I was in high school, but these days they get a quick channel change from me.

Rush could’ve been one of the all time greats if they just would’ve went with a male lead singer.

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Crue is currently more popular than Rush, according to sales/downloads. I don’t really care much for either though.

Sales/downloads just tell you if someone wants to listen to a song. It doesn’t tell you about a fanbase’s passion. Crue has some fun songs - does anyone LOVE them so much they want a pin of them in their house? No. Rush fans have a deep emotional attachment to the band.

Let’s look at the best selling rock pins: AC/DC & Metallica. Massively passionate fanbases, who would have loved a 90s pin, but it never existed. Those pins filled a desire for those fans. Rush will be the same way. For me, AC/DC Metallica & Rush will be my music pin trilogy.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Rush could’ve been one of the all time greats if they just would’ve went with a male lead singer.

LOL… Geddy is a bit of an acquired taste.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Sales/downloads just tell you if someone wants to listen to a song. It doesn’t tell you about a fanbase’s passion. Crue has some fun songs - does anyone LOVE them so much they want a pin of them in their house? No. Rush fans have a deep emotional attachment to the band.
    Let’s look at the best selling rock pins: AC/DC & Metallica. Massively passionate fanbases, who would have loved a 90s pin, but it never existed. Those pins filled a desire for those fans. Rush will be the same way. For me, AC/DC Metallica & Rush will be my music pin trilogy.

I honestly think either one of the two would sell well.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I honestly think either one of the two would sell well.

In this market, even an Insane Clown Posse pin would sell well.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Beatles is bigger. Fans don’t want a pin.

Well...Beatles fans wanted a pin. Just not the pin they got.

There are 542 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-or-motley-crue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.