“Rush/Godzilla Node Board 10 issues and Non issues list”

• Rush LE/Premium with issues 67 votes
    35%
  • Rush LE/Premium no issues 120 votes
    63%
  • 2 votes
    1%
  • 0 votes

(Multiple choice - 189 votes by 188 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

not today.gif
old_gods_and_new.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
rmptst_02 (resized).png
rmptst_01 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #229 Node board #10 check Posted by Peak-Pin (1 year ago)

Post #231 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Peak-Pin (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zebpin61.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 1 year ago

Premium
- 4/25/2022 build,
- 355 plays,
- NO problem with node10
- Replaced zip ties on wire harness off ramp, minor wire insulation indent

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Geez! A quick glance at the poll results so far…looks to be a 30% failure rate! Not good!

Don't go there... yet. This is a very small data set and would think that there are many more LE/Prem buyers to yet hear from: Those with and those many more hopefully, without node10 issues. "please stand by" as our old 4 channel TV's used to say...

3 weeks later
#294 1 year ago

Removed the ramp motor connector, soldered and insulated the 4 permanent connections based on the excellent investigative work on this thread. Having just installed a warranty replacement Node8 board after a 9 month wait, I was going to take no chances that a node10 board issue might suddenly surface and destroy my now totally functioning RUSH Premium. As of today, a whopping 370 lifetime plays on the 4/25/22 build.

RUSH ramp motor connector gone 2023.2.1 (resized).jpgRUSH ramp motor connector gone 2023.2.1 (resized).jpg
#299 1 year ago
Quoted from Peak-Pin:

Nice touch putting the clear vinyl tubing under the cable ties.

Wow. You have superb observational powers. Afer removing the original tight cable ties and inspecting insulation I thought the vinyl would prevent any further compression. Thanks for your analysis of the node10 situation.

2 months later
#622 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

I can't stand the assuming resopnse of "We appreciate your patience". As if by saying that that resolves them from any further responsibility.

It could also be interpreted as "we would appreciate your patience". Just saying...

7 months later
#896 5 months ago
Quoted from Damagio:

Well…just had my second Node 10 failure on Rush Premium. The original Time Machine ramp motor was also replaced as a recommended precaution and came with the node board. I am sure they will send me another one, but how many and more importantly for how long? The machine has less than 1000 plays on it and the first one lasted longer than the second one. No other electronic issues at all. Burn mark on U1 just like the last one…
[quoted image]

I've been following this topic from the beginning, exploring all the proposed root causes: overly tight zip ties, wire guage concerns, connectors, ramp and clock motor issues, circuit design, on and on. What still confounds me is how about a third of the games are repeatedly experiencing node10 failures while the balance seems to have escaped the problem thus far despite number of games played.

If this were a design issue I'd expect it to effect all games eventually. If a technician issue you'd think Stern could track issue games to their assembly records. What gives? My game has escaped this issue but this crime has yet to be solved...

3 weeks later
#922 4 months ago

RUSH Premium
4/25/2022 build date
5/22/2022 acquired
No Node 10 problems (did have a Node 8 board (lower pf lighting) fail 5/27/22 with a replacement rec'd 12/17/22)
Following pinside Node10 discussion, removed quick disconnection between motor and tight zip ties 2/1/2023 as precautionary measure
No problems before or since

4 weeks later
#1069 3 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

The clamp-on chokes I ordered from Amazon are in shipping limbo. Amazon gave up estimating when they will show up. I could cancel and reorder, but I'll give it a couple more days.

The few times my Amazon orders fell into transit purgatory were always involving questionable suppliers and never arrived. If procurement is critical path, cancel and try another source if available.

1 week later
#1146 83 days ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

And signed by Geddy and Alex.

Nah, they didn't contribute to this problem. Should be a Gary signature on a reimbursement check.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zebpin61.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-node-board-10-issues-and-non-issues-list?tu=zebpin61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.