“Rush/Godzilla Node Board 10 issues and Non issues list”

• Rush LE/Premium with issues 67 votes
    35%
  • Rush LE/Premium no issues 120 votes
    63%
  • 2 votes
    1%
  • 0 votes

(Multiple choice - 189 votes by 188 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

not today.gif
old_gods_and_new.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
rmptst_02 (resized).png
rmptst_01 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #229 Node board #10 check Posted by Peak-Pin (1 year ago)

Post #231 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Peak-Pin (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gandamack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 1 year ago

Rush Prem
Build date 07/05/22
Node 10 failure at appx 750 plays
Node 10 failure at appx 30 plays
Have checked all connections and wires between stepper motors (clock and ramp) and node 10 board.
Zip ties were too tight throughout the underside of playfield, cut those free.
Still undiagnosed issue.

#29 1 year ago

Well my third node 10 board crapped out. Had drum clock disconnected this time around so the issue is with the ramp motor/wires. Got about 30 plays on this one.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

I thought having the drum clock disconnected was not recommended. Is this something Stern told you to try?

Yes

#45 1 year ago

I would also like to mention that when one of the node 10 boards decided to quit, it actually left a burn mark on the underside of the wooden playfield. In the future I will play with a fire extinguisher next to the game. This machine actually scares me.

#48 1 year ago

Got a Rush ramp motor assembly, multi-stepper controller board (node 10) and harness from node 10 to ramp motor on warranty order. Could be a decent wait for all three to get to me, but at least Stern is trying to figure out the issue. I want to thank our fellow pinsider for starting this thread because it did grab their attention. Yes, Stern knows/knew about the issue, but this thread really paints a face on the issue.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

I sold a half a dozen Rush Premiums, and node 10 hasn't failed on any of these.

Thank you for the post. Please vote in the poll if you have not done so already.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

They should ship you an NIB one and take yours for testing.

I am with you. All they have to do is ask.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

I have burnt up three boards.

I see your three and raise you four.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Mine broke within a couple hundred plays
Paid $ to dealer for the part
Got refunded once mine was sent back to them
Sold machine for a big loss due to this and a few other issues

I completely understand your thought process on whether to keep or sell for a loss. Trust me, I wrestle with this daily. If in the future if we can nail down this issue, then the pin is a keeper for me. I think it is honestly one of the best machines. BUT, this issue of node board stew is quite irritating and is ruining a great game.... quickly. Really sad deal. If I were Mr. Borg then I would be quite ticked off. To design a masterpiece only to have it undone by something overlooked in the QC dept has to be beyond frustrating.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Go on, spill, this could make for interesting reading.

Standby.... still diagnosing latest failure. Will report back with details.

#87 1 year ago

Sent a box filled with three defective node 10 boards back to Stern last week. Will let the community know if I receive a reply.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from tbonedrums:

I have been pondering about getting a NIB premium but after reading this thread I am becoming apprehensive.
Maybe a CCR SE+ might be a wiser choice....

This issue will get fixed. There are enough of us with the node 10 board problem. The game is a lot of fun. I would say if you want the game now.... go for the pro. If you can hold off a bit until we get a handle on the problem then get the Premium.

#110 1 year ago

Stern replied that they have received the three node boards I sent back to them: two were their boards, one was from PBL. They seemed a bit surprised that only one board had visible burn damage, even though all three boards failed. Anyhow, the engineering team is going through them with a fine toothed comb.

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Last night I removed the clock, removed/replaced all zip ties, and checked wiring to motor. Zip ties were definitely tighter than they should have been, but insulation was not compromised, wires appear to be relatively fine.

Smart move to be proactive with this machine. I agree that the super tight zip ties are quite prevalent. Whoever was working the Rush zip tie station in the late Spring/Summer season has some serious anger management issues.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

Is Stern asking for the broken node boards to be returned to them now for examination? When mine failed and was replaced under warranty I specifically asked about return shipping for the broken board and they told me to throw it away. I decided to just save it in case it can be used in someway.

They want them back. I asked for a return shipping label and they emailed me one. Won't cost you a thing to ship back.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

I’ve seen more than enough posts of “I got my replacement board, and it lasted X games.” Which makes sense, if the board itself is not the issue.

Godzilla uses same board. The problem is not the board. Stern knows this. Problem seems to be power interruption, possibly coming from ramp stepper motor area. However with this game, there also is an issue with extremely tight zip ties that may be contributing to the power interruption, thus causing the node 10 board to go into automatic meltdown.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

We have a gz and I read the thread daily. To my knowledge, no #10 issues on GZ

Thanks. I also asked the Godzilla community on their thread.

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Soooo, @Gandamack-
You've had multiple blown boards. Have your harnesses to clock and motor from Node 10 board been replaced? Or the clock motor? Or the ramp motor? Or has stern just been throwing Node 10 boards at you? Are there any batch numbers on any of these Node 10 PCBs? I didn't remember to check when I was replacing the zip ties.

Eventually, Stern grew tired of sending me just node boards. Upon my last blown node board they are sending me new clock and ramp motors and harness and..... another node board. It will probably be an epic wait time as the communication goes Stern then to distrubutor and then back to Stern for part number verification and then it is the weekend again and then there is are emails saying things like, "we dont have a part number for that....". Anyhow, the wheels are in motion and all I can do is wait.

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

And since they’re already hard to come by, hopefully have them stop wasting Node boards......

I hear ya and could not agree more. I think in the current managment cycle at Stern, it as if the engineering team has very little say in what to do.

#159 1 year ago

PeakPin: I really appreciate your detailed analysis. I also have received the cut and paste reply from Stern, "We will pass along your info to the engineering department." If this is indeed the solution, credit is due to you, not the Stern engineering department.

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Also, if this is a Stern problem, why are folks willingly paying a lot of money to fix the problem themselves?

Because we are tired of waiting and this is apparently not a priority for Stern. If you don't believe me, contact them for yourself.

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Save your game while you can.....

Amen. For those who have not yet had the pleasure of receiving the standard "cut and paste" replies from Stern regarding node 10 issues, save yourself the agony and do what the above user did to his machine.

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

So just to be clear, I can unplug the ramp motor at the node 10 board with the power off? I can then stick a rubber ball under the ramp to keep the ramp up?

With the power off disconnect the clock and the ramp motor (located at the bottom of the board). Then prop up the ramp with a rubber ball or an old sock or something, then turn the power back on.

#219 1 year ago

it is the power interruption while powered up that is the issue

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from XQJ-37:

Hard shots come rocketing back SDTM, and half of those hard shots don't trigger the opto before returning at warp speed. Not sure if that's a problem on all Premiums/LEs when the ramp is down, or if I have a flaky opto on mine.

You are correct.

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from Peak-Pin:

Procedure for crimping the correct connector pins onto the ramp motor

Wow, pinsider of the year goes to you! Thanks for taking time out of your day to share your knowledge. Sincerely... really appreciate that you are so helpful. Again, thank you.

#258 1 year ago

Stern has officially stopped sending out replacement node 10 boards....at least that is what Stern support told me.

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

That would not be a responsible thing for Stern if true

I couldn't agree more, but simply reporting my latest communication with them from a week ago. They apparently grew tired of sending out replacement boards. They said the engineers were working on the issue and to remain patient. Maybe when they arrive at a fix, then they will send out boards with the fix, but as of right now, if your board decides to go bye-bye, then you will have to buy a new board on your own dime from somebody like Pinball Life (if they have any).

#262 1 year ago

For right now and if your game still functions normally, it is important to prop up the ramp and then disconnect the ramp and clock from the node 10 board.....or roll the bones and take your chances.

#263 1 year ago
Quoted from GrooTheWanderer:

Was there any other qualifier along with their statement? Something like - "we won't be sending replacement node 10 boards until we have a formal solution?"

Yes, you basically summed it up in your quote.

#264 1 year ago

I guess the "cup half full" is that the fix must be in final stages, if they are holding back on sending out replacement boards (that would again simply malfunction after a few plays.) My guess is that when the fix is "official" then a new node board would be part of the total package, because as we all know....without a board, the other "fix" components are useless.

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

... or fix your ramp motor connector or remove the connector entirely and solder the wires directly together.

True...I should have added that bit in my post.

#295 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Removed the ramp motor connector, soldered and insulated the 4 permanent connections based on the excellent investigative work on this thread.

It is so satisfying to see posts on this thread leading to people solving the node board 10 issue. Hopefully, this is indeed the fix. Time will tell.

#305 1 year ago

In the latest Bond stream, Gomez actually took some time out from Bond to talk about the Rush issue. It is toward the end of the program. Basically, said that the issue is the bad pins in the motor area. I honestly believe that Peak-Pin is owed a huge thank you. Also, said to call Stern to get your replacement part.

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Some will not have a problem. I hope

True statement. I think the idea was that if you have this issue as in now, call Stern and have it formally addressed with a ticket number.

#350 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd like some pics, curious

Photos would be good. You will probably get an answer to your problem much quicker on this thread than a reply from Stern. The positive is that you will be getting something from Stern. They are addressing the issue.

1 week later
#403 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Just had it confirmed that the price of this node board has been pushed up to $300 from $175. I have no other comment to make

Did the US pharmaceutical companies get involved in the node board business?

#406 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Never going to happen. Why? Because when offered something 'if you need it' -- the masses go and grab it even if they don't now 'just in case' and other jump in to exploit it and sell it, etc.

To be honest, I was initially pissed off at you for this post. Then I read it again and felt that it is a well written post with valid points. A case of "don't shoot the messenger." Thanks for the information. It confirms what I felt, but have difficulty accepting.

#408 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Did you sell your premium?

Yes.... and I miss it. My heart is still in this particular thread because it is an awesome community and I really want Stern to make good on this issue.

2 weeks later
#466 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

tern has a blind person pulling parts , or the said person is stealing parts before putting said parts in a box to be mailed to said Customer/Me !!!!

Sorry to see this Mike. What a complete goat-rope.

#473 1 year ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

recieved my rush replacement kit. And it just failed.
Installed 2/22/23 failed 3/7/23

.....and you had the latest code updated before slapping in the node board?

#489 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesterpester:

Did not do any fixes, just trusted Stern did a better job at the crimps. Looks like they did not.

I would like to confirm what items people received in the Rush fix kit. Two items correct? Node board and new motor? Nothing else, correct?

#534 1 year ago

So, I guess the million dollar question is Stern going to be proactive and send out fixes for the previous fixes? I am a bit confused. So apparently the fix kits people received last month are not the latest fix kits? Should people now be expecting fix 2.0? This is getting strange.

2 weeks later
#577 1 year ago

Stern is still waiting on more parts and then will send out the final/final motor fix to those on the waitlist. This is what Stern customer support told me as of 24 hours ago.

#581 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Are you back in?

I wish.... just trying to help out a guy with a Rush Prem.

2 weeks later
#618 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_sake:

Just installed new board i received last week and new motor...

Happy to hear that at least some folks are receiving the latest motor/ board replacement.

9 months later
#1187 78 days ago

When I owned the premium, I had no extras installed (shaker, topper, etc). Went through three boards.

4 weeks later
#1246 48 days ago

Just curious to see if there have been any developments in pinning down this issue. I know there were a couple people (way over my knowledge level) actively working on the problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gandamack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-node-board-10-issues-and-non-issues-list?tu=gandamack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.