“Rush/Godzilla Node Board 10 issues and Non issues list”

• Rush LE/Premium with issues 67 votes
    35%
  • Rush LE/Premium no issues 120 votes
    63%
  • 2 votes
    1%
  • 0 votes

(Multiple choice - 189 votes by 188 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

not today.gif
old_gods_and_new.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
rmptst_02 (resized).png
rmptst_01 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #229 Node board #10 check Posted by Peak-Pin (1 year ago)

Post #231 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Peak-Pin (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigguybbr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#378 1 year ago

Just got mine. Definitely over tightened zip ties. Wrapped them in a bit of electrical tape since I don’t have a pin extractor for this type of connector.

88AB5388-F010-4D56-9D7A-D2CEA08E2645 (resized).jpeg88AB5388-F010-4D56-9D7A-D2CEA08E2645 (resized).jpegE6D53BAD-5EBA-4584-880F-6FA4B5C7F436 (resized).jpegE6D53BAD-5EBA-4584-880F-6FA4B5C7F436 (resized).jpeg

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from Peak-Pin:

What was the manufacturing date of your machine? The pattern I'm seeing is that the over-tight wire-ties occurred before June, 2022. The machines that I've seen after that don't have this problem. I'm guessing maybe all of the LE's have this problem since they were made before the Premiums.

Mine was manufactured July 1st 2022

#393 1 year ago

I saw the links on here for the proper pins, but does anyone have a link to the right molex housing? I figure it will be cheaper to snip off the old and recrimp the connector than buying the right pin extractor to only use it once.

#414 1 year ago

My digi-key order came in so I was able to repin my connector and also heat shrink the spots where the zip ties broke the insulation.
A033F4E1-48FD-479D-9255-DC3D119F3C09 (resized).jpegA033F4E1-48FD-479D-9255-DC3D119F3C09 (resized).jpeg929E4912-177F-4B08-BC0E-CEB11DAAB787 (resized).jpeg929E4912-177F-4B08-BC0E-CEB11DAAB787 (resized).jpeg
You can see how bad the original crimps are.

42891A6F-52B4-44B3-8A6D-18EE47F0C2C4 (resized).jpeg42891A6F-52B4-44B3-8A6D-18EE47F0C2C4 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#697 11 months ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

A local fellow dropped off two blown node 10 boards yesterday.
Each of them had blown the same chip, but in different ways.
Why? I have no idea.
I was able to remove the chip from one of the boards cleanly. Clearly a trace was blown when the chip blew. This one should be fairly easy to fix.
The other board is probably another story. The chip looks to have gotten so hot that it might have welded itself to the PCB. I'll give it a go, but hopes are not high on that one.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
https://www.youtube.com/c/ChrisHiblerPinball
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info[quoted image][quoted image]

Should we possibly consider a heat sink for this chip as a preventative measure? Or would that level of protection be too little too late?

3 months later
#837 8 months ago
Quoted from Molon_Labe:

Is this primarily Rush or is GZ equally impacted? Reading through the threads it seems that Rush is the most impacted. I was planning to wave off Spike games completely, but there is strong pressure from the family on a couple of titles. One would be a NIB GZ prem and the other a HUO TMNT pro. I am not going to lie; my gut screams walk away and that I will eventually come to regret this decision. With that said, I tend to be a half empty cup guy which has left me needlessly on the sidelines missing out due to always fearing the worst.

TMNT Pro doesn’t have the issue. No servo to control.

5 months later
#1186 77 days ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Does it not suck when you get a nib node board failure but most don’t and make it like their is no problem with nodes in general.
I have had node issues on Game of thrones, Star Wars x2 times , led zep 3 x and when sold it , the guy had 2x fail, Deadpool and Jp . Yeah fun times !!!! Not!

Have you checked to see if you have power issues? It would be a good idea to reach out to your electric utility and ask them to see if you have any power quality issues, and cite the amount of electronics that you have had issues with. You might even be able to put in a claim for the damaged equipment costs if they find something.

I have only had electronics issues with a CPU board having a bad LVDS connector (after it had been on location before I got it). All of my other spike 2's, Rush Premium with EL and a shaker included hasn't had a single issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigguybbr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-node-board-10-issues-and-non-issues-list?tu=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.