“Rush/Godzilla Node Board 10 issues and Non issues list”

• Rush LE/Premium with issues 66 votes
    35%
  • Rush LE/Premium no issues 120 votes
    64%
  • 1 vote
    1%
  • 0 votes

(Multiple choice - 187 votes by 186 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5FF0E966-62B8-496B-A947-7CD7C3F546FC (resized).jpeg
image000000 (resized).jpeg
engineering progress.gif
IMG_1522 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
34y96l (resized).jpg
limpet (resized).jpg
EB46BBA7-A111-4627-A345-2524EFDEEE46 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #229 Node board #10 check Posted by Peak-Pin (1 year ago)

Post #231 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Peak-Pin (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#170 1 year ago

Maybe I'm not understanding, but if the ends are already tinned and just crimped to the connector, couldn't you just heat them up to effectively solder them on?

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from Peak-Pin:

Based on history, eventually Stern will publish a Service Bulletin on their website regarding the node board issues. (https://sternpinball.com/support/service-bulletins/) They will probably make a kit available with a new motor and you'll have to order it through your distributor. But the owner will have to take action to start this process. They aren't going to magically start shipping new motors with proper crimp pins to all owners of Premium/LEs. There are presently two service bulletins affecting Rush machines.

This absolutely nails it. People can stop complaining about Stern, it's useless. Protect your investment if you want to, or don't. If it breaks, get in line with them and wait for parts. The Stern machine handles these matters consistently and it's not changing. Reference Rush scoop protectors or AIQ subway issues as reinforcement of this pattern in recent games.

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

Didn't you mean to spell "inconsistently?"

No, they consistently don't respond or give away parts to people that don't open tickets. They consistently produce service bulletins for issues once they have a viable solution. They consistently keep producing machines with little to no QC and don't apologize. I don't see any inconsistency in their approach.......expecting a different outcome is futile here and whining on pinside doesn't do anything. Vote with your dollars and learn what to expect from each manufacturer if you buy NIB. DYOR!

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from SuS:

I appreciate the effort that Pinsiders have made to determine the root cause, since it clearly isn't the Node 10 board itself. Hopefully Stern will release a permanent solution in the near future.

Actually it was pointed out by someone with electrical engineering skills that the node board design is the failure point with the chip set and voltages used not properly protecting the chip according to the chip manufacturers specs. I do hope Stern eventually redesigns the node 10 board to account for that, but you can be sure they will use up all current inventory before cutting over to a new design if it ever happens.

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

I agree, tell that to post #196
I may cry in my beer but I never whine

I wasn’t calling any one person out sorry if it came off that way. Just trying to get people to realize the expectation that stern will make every owner right on any defect isn’t going to happen that’s not how they operate.

Here is my original full statement for context, your question in the middle of the two responses was about consistency.

“This absolutely nails it. People can stop complaining about Stern, it's useless. Protect your investment if you want to, or don't. If it breaks, get in line with them and wait for parts. The Stern machine handles these matters consistently and it's not changing. Reference Rush scoop protectors or AIQ subway issues as reinforcement of this pattern in recent games.

they consistently don't respond or give away parts to people that don't open tickets. They consistently produce service bulletins for issues once they have a viable solution. They consistently keep producing machines with little to no QC and don't apologize. I don't see any inconsistency in their approach.......expecting a different outcome is futile here and whining on pinside doesn't do anything. Vote with your dollars and learn what to expect from each manufacturer if you buy NIB. DYOR!”

1 month later
#448 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Unknown - not all games have had the issue. Just many games. LEs were built before premiums and we have a premium from the start that hasn't had an issue.

I will second this, I have a friend with a premium and two others with LEs and all three games have been fine so far. And my routed pro is rock solid too!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods
Plastics
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-node-board-10-issues-and-non-issues-list?tu=PinballHaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.