“Rush/Godzilla Node Board 10 issues and Non issues list”

• Rush LE/Premium with issues 67 votes
    35%
  • Rush LE/Premium no issues 120 votes
    63%
  • 2 votes
    1%
  • 0 votes

(Multiple choice - 189 votes by 188 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
rmptst_02 (resized).png
rmptst_01 (resized).png
fingers-crossed.gif
5FF0E966-62B8-496B-A947-7CD7C3F546FC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,297 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 26.
#301 1 year ago
Quoted from MRG:

I'm no electrical engineer but could you do a dongle with a ground wire pig tail coming off it. Then plug/connect into a ground near by?

At some point you're adding more points of failure which cancel out any improvements over the original failure. Revising Node 10 circuit board is really the best way forward. Just like this board being used in Godzilla, I'm sure Stern would like to have a reliable stepper motor controller board in their arsenal for future titles.

#302 1 year ago

Can someone please post pics of what connector needs to be removed then soldered ?? Or should we still keep waiting for a Christmas Miracle?

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Can someone please post pics of what connector needs to be removed then soldered ?? Or should we still keep waiting for a Christmas Miracle?

look in photos near the top of the thread ,There are some excellent photos

#304 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Already posted last page or previous page. An entire walkthrough. Stop being so angry

#305 1 year ago

In the latest Bond stream, Gomez actually took some time out from Bond to talk about the Rush issue. It is toward the end of the program. Basically, said that the issue is the bad pins in the motor area. I honestly believe that Peak-Pin is owed a huge thank you. Also, said to call Stern to get your replacement part.

#306 1 year ago

It’s pretty bad that the best acknowledgment of the problem from Stern comes from Gomez on a stream. That I would have never seen if you had not mentioned it.

Quoted from gandamack:

In the latest Bond stream, Gomez actually took some time out from Bond to talk about the Rush issue. It is toward the end of the program. Basically, said that the issue is the bad pins in the motor area. I honestly believe that Peak-Pin is owed a huge thank you. Also, said to call Stern to get your replacement part.

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Who should call stern ? every Rush LE/Pre Owner ?

#308 1 year ago

I'd bet this is a case by case fix, not a universal rollout of parts. I won't mess with mine unless I can get the parts here without showing I need them.

#309 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd bet this is a case by case fix, not a universal rollout of parts. I won't mess with mine unless I can get the parts here without showing I need them.

They cant possibly want to wait until all of our Boards are Blown to Correct the Flaw.

#310 1 year ago

Some will not have a problem. I hope

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Some will not have a problem. I hope

True statement. I think the idea was that if you have this issue as in now, call Stern and have it formally addressed with a ticket number.

#312 1 year ago

Gomez comments are pretty much Stern's confirmation of what Peak-Pin deduced. Huge thanks. Bonus: easily fixed if you so desire. No need for that plug at all. Cut it out and hard-solder the wires. If later you need to remove board or motor, you can do so via the plug on the node 10 board.

I would point out another fact that reinforces that this fix solves the problem. Same board is used in Godzilla, with a motor that also moves a large and heavy part (the Drake building). AFAIK, there's been no reports of blown node 10s on GZ. This is supporting evidence that the issue was intermittant electrical connection to the motor (via the wrongly-sized and wrongly-installed crimp-on plugs w/Stern's solder-on-wires hack).

#313 1 year ago

You Promise

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#314 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#315 1 year ago

Not worth the risk .I want to see their fix but that connector must be eliminated.

#316 1 year ago

Curious... What is different about the connection on node 10 in Godzilla?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#317 1 year ago

It probably has the correct size pins.

Quoted from Vespula:

Curious... What is different about the connection on node 10 in Godzilla?

#318 1 year ago

So for those of you that have removed the connected and joined the wires, how has the game held up? Anyone done this with a location game that might get a lot more plays than a home game? Curious about long term durability.

#319 1 year ago

So far it’s been playing great on my end. It’s not on location, and it’s only about a week in but I’ve been trying to get a lot of plays on it. I’ve been encouraging my son to get plays in on it as well. If it’s going to fail again I would rather find out sooner or later.

Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

So for those of you that have removed the connected and joined the wires, how has the game held up? Anyone done this with a location game that might get a lot more plays than a home game? Curious about long term durability.

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Removable connectors are going to be WAY less reliable than a solidly soldered connection. I hope nobody is just twisting the wires together. Long term is going to be undefinable due to this was just suggested a few weeks ago.

#321 1 year ago

Removing a pair of questionable connectors and a proper soldering job on the wires can only help.

#322 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Why would you be concerned about durability when the change is a connector to a soldered connection? If you are concerned 'is this the fix?' .. ok. But durability is not a concern, nor is durability of the motor+board.. as it's always doing it fine. It's the connectivity leading to failures.

#323 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why would you be concerned about durability when the change is a connector to a soldered connection? If you are concerned 'is this the fix?' .. ok. But durability is not a concern, nor is durability of the motor+board.. as it's always doing it fine. It's the connectivity leading to failures.

Exactly this. Well stated. We can finally put this issue behind us and enjoy the game with one less worry.

#324 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Exactly this. Well stated. We can finally put this issue behind us and enjoy the game with one less worry.

We hope

#325 1 year ago

Does anyone have a time stamp to George's comments about these issues in the recent stream? My replacement node is still on order, I wanted to follow up with my distro to see if my ticket with Stern will include whatever the new fix is that he references asking Stern for, or if we need to create a new ticket. I wanted to send him a timestamped link just in case he wasn't familiar with the interview/comments from George.

#326 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Does anyone have a time stamp to George's comments about these issues in the recent stream? My replacement node is still on order, I wanted to follow up with my distro to see if my ticket with Stern will include whatever the new fix is that he references asking Stern for, or if we need to create a new ticket. I wanted to send him a timestamped link just in case he wasn't familiar with the interview/comments from George.

Will You or the First Person to see or receive the Stern Fix Please share it on this thread.

#327 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

So far, so good here. While my machine is not on route, it got lots of play during league at my house about a week ago. No issues.

Jeff

#328 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Will You or the First Person to see or receive the Stern Fix Please share it on this thread.

Absolutely - I've sent Greg @ FnO an email asking if he knows anything about the additional fix and if he can see about getting it attached to my ticket, I'll update here if/when I receive it or not.

#329 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1726391965?t=00h54m22s

#330 1 year ago

Sounds like you are going to have to prove you have the wrong pins....

#331 1 year ago

YTMND, many thanks.

Quoted from Ten31:

Sounds like you are going to have to prove you have the wrong pins....

One would think node boards that lit themselves on fire would be evidence enough, but you're probably not wrong.

#332 1 year ago

Can you tell the difference without extracting the pins? They look suspect on mine, right? Top crimp doesn’t touch insulation? Has solder sucked up under the insulation and made it bulge? I think I even see some solder on the black wire's pin.

Looks like surgery time tonight, one connectorectomy coming right up!

PXL_20230124_040257424 (resized).jpgPXL_20230124_040257424 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#333 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Can you tell the difference without extracting the pins? They look suspect on mine, right? Top crimp doesn’t touch insulation? Has solder sucked up under the insulation and made it bulge? I think I even see some solder on the black wire's pin.
[quoted image]

Every one is worse than the next.

#334 1 year ago

Longevity dates:

The first customer where I soldered the crimp pins was on 12/23, but we had to wait until 1/11 for the new node board. He and his son have put a lot of plays on it since then and no problems. Prior to me soldering the pins, he had blown two node boards.

Two other customers, one on 12/28 and the other on 1/6, I preemptively soldered their crimp pins. Neither had blown a node board and there haven't been any problems since. Two additional customers are scheduled in the next few weeks.

I contacted Stern twice, on 12/24 sharing my opinion of tinning (putting solder on) the wires prior to crimping the pins, and on 1/17 informing them that they are using the wrong sized crimp pins.

Gomez acknowledges pin issue on 2/2.

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

[quoted image]

Photos of the difference in pins (without extracting them) is at the top of post #231. I have yet to see the correct pins being used in person or on any Pinside photo. I think all machines were made with the wrong pins.

Yes, perform connectorectomy.

#336 1 year ago

Connectorectomy completed on my LE. Wires were pretty beat up on the stepper motor, so I replaced it, as well. Fingers crossed!

#337 1 year ago

At 1 hour 21 minutes. He says only since machines have it. He says someone grabbed the wrong pins.

#338 1 year ago

Iam being serious- Is there anyway that the Genius in this thread that has figured out the problem get a TWIPY Award ? He really went above and beyond to resolve this problem. Hopefully I will find time soon to bypass the connector this weekend and finally get Rush working %100 again. I’am still perplexed how Stern couldn’t figure this issue out sooner. Are the Techs at Stern clueless about pinball, kinda like AJ at Spooky? Gomez finally being transparent in that interview goes along way with me, I really appreciate his honesty. Fingers crossed hopefully it will work!!! Thank You all!!!

#339 1 year ago

So, big lesson for those that will be receiving/have received a replacement board, fix your issues before installing/frying another board.

#340 1 year ago

FUCK!!!!!!!!! My Life!!! iam sooo over this fucking pinball machine!!!! Blew another board!!!! I did exactly what I was told!!! Cut the connector out, solder the wires, removed all tie straps, checked EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iam Done!!!!

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

FUCK!!!!!!!!! My Life!!! iam sooo over this fucking pinball machine!!!! Blew another board!!!! I did exactly what I was told!!! Cut the connector out, solder the wires, removed all tie straps, checked EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iam Done!!!!

show photos of everything,thats rough

#342 1 year ago

I could hear the ramp motor make a pop noise,,, like I suspected from the beginning, I have a defective ramp motor!!!! I only got 25 plays when this BS happened back in September!!!

#343 1 year ago

Iam going Insane!!!! Now my Family is making fun of me!!! They don’t get it!!

#344 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Please tell me this is just a personal message of retribution from the pinball Gods for something you did in a previous life.....NOT that the fix is fiction!!!
Also that F'n sucks for you brother.

#345 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

I'd like some pics, curious

#346 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Likely bad wiring… removing tie wraps won’t fix wires already broken.

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Iam going Insane!!!! Now my Family is making fun of me!!! They don’t get it!!

Let them laugh,show us the photos please.

#348 1 year ago

I don't think the fixes are fiction. They are definitely addressing proven problems. It doesn't mean there can't be a third problem for some people. And the elephant in the room is a lack of protection circuits on the node board.

Too bad MJK-911 is not in Colorado. I'd come over right now and look at it. But as flynnibus says, removing cable ties won't fix a broken wire. And one of the other connectors could have a poorly crimped pin. You don't need an extraction tool to look at the connector pins that connect to the node board. Just a sharp object, like a tip of an exacto knife. There are slots in the side of the connector housings and you gently push the sharp object down on the barb of the pin that holds it in, and pull out the pin.

#349 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

I’am still perplexed how Stern couldn’t figure this issue out sooner. Are the Techs at Stern clueless about pinball

Yes they are but they do have their best men working on it

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#350 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Photos would be good. You will probably get an answer to your problem much quicker on this thread than a reply from Stern. The positive is that you will be getting something from Stern. They are addressing the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,297 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-node-board-10-issues-and-non-issues-list/page/7?hl=diablorush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.