• Rush LE/Premium with issues 69 votes
    35%
  • Rush LE/Premium no issues 123 votes
    62%
  • 3 votes
    2%
  • 2 votes
    1%

(Multiple choice - 197 votes by 195 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the real-fixx (resized).jpg
fixx (resized).JPG
IMG_1940 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1939 (resized).jpeg
giphy (38).gif
IMG_2263 (resized).png
R (28).gif
IMG_4255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4252 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240622_185613119 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240622_185601498 (resized).jpg
IMG_4129 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4132 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2104 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,586 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 32.
#1401 37 days ago

Jesterpester well I was using that as an example not saying replace the motors that will fix it I was saying replace motors node boards and power distribution board all at once ! Not just motors lol that wouldn’t fix anything!

#1402 37 days ago

So this issue happens primarily in the Prem and not the LE??? Traded my Pro to get a grail theme that I never thought would happen but miss that Pro more and more. I justified it by telling myself I would one day get a Prem or LE but could be totally happy with a Pro again...

#1403 37 days ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

So this issue happens primarily in the Prem and not the LE???

It's happening in the LEs as well. I've got a friend with an LE, I think he might be on node board 8 or 9 right now. Plenty of other LE owners with the same issue.

#1406 34 days ago
Quoted from PinNin:

I can do this next time when visiting Prem/LEs.

Necro2112
This is R5 (2.2 Ohm) of the Power Board from the LE with the cutted motor wire. After all the fixed or checks in the video the machine is running.

When reading the posts it feels like, that a lot of people change only the board and hope there games work afterwards. Hope on physical issues is a bad plan . If you change a board the wire harness is moved and it can happen that an issue disappears for a while. Maybe helpful is to go through a check list before a new board is installed. If someone has a not working Rush Prem/LE go through the video an check all the things shown.

When posting the video on pinside it has aprox 50 views. Now two weeks later 79. for me, it feels not that much people are interested in searching for the root cause. Maybe the video was the wrong way and someone writes a check list for all the possible things to check on the Rush Prem/LE related to the issue:

P1340759b Rush LE Power Board (resized).JPGP1340759b Rush LE Power Board (resized).JPG
#1407 34 days ago

I am now glad I sold My Rush LE when it was NIB.

I am not capable of doing everything on the Youtube video.

Wish He was My neighbor as I'd pay Him to dial in My games!!!

#1408 34 days ago
Quoted from sepins:

I am now glad I sold My Rush LE when it was NIB.

Sorry you felt you had to do this but I hope you were happy with what you got for the flip. My HUO LE (pretty low plays) is still running with no node 10 issues, as is an on-route LE I know of that has pretty high (and long) plays. But having that lingering worry "is it just a matter of time before mine toasts?" is always in the back of my mind, and yeah I don't like that. I hope that the progress being made here by the community and Stern's (assumed) continued investigation to the issue eventually provides us a rock solid solution that would give you the confidence to bring the game into your fold. It's a great machine. Mine would be anchored to the ground if it wasn't that I have to slide it forward at times for game/home maintenance.

#1409 33 days ago

Made no money on flip but was full at time and wanted someone to enjoy the game.

Sold all My HUO Wms/Bly games years back as I wanted trouble free. Pretty much has worked out well!

#1410 33 days ago

I viewed the video posted by ninpin yesterday and will post a punch down list for others to follow based on what he discussed in the video later this evening. there is a lot of good information contained within that 10min video.

the one additional thing that I noticed when printing a 3D support to raise the ramp for a routed LE where the node 10 board was blown was there there is enough side-to-side play in the ramp linkage where it could shift and get bound up, putting undue strain on its stepper motor.

adding some nylon spacers on the pivot pin [id: 7] (part no. 530-7812-05) could keep the time machine ramp linkage [id: 8] (part no. 545-1283-00) centered and from binding. I still need to perform some measurements to see what could be used to do this.

500-2581-00 ramp assy (resized).png500-2581-00 ramp assy (resized).png

#1411 33 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

putting undue strain on its stepper motor.

You know this is a good point. There may be nothing wrong electrically with the circuit, but there might be a mechanical issue.

I've never dealt with DC motors and conditions that arise in locked rotor state, but AC induction motors pull 7-10X their full load amps at start-up and during locked rotor state.

I'm wondering if there's binding as people mentioned the ramp acting weird before it stopped working. Maybe there's binding in the linkage which puts the motor into a locked rotor state and the chip acts as a fuse with the current draw? I guess thinking out loud based on what j_m_ mentioned.

#1412 33 days ago
Quoted from schudel5:

You know this is a good point. There may be nothing wrong electrically with the circuit, but there might be a mechanical issue.
I've never dealt with DC motors and conditions that arise in locked rotor state, but AC induction motors pull 7-10X their full load amps at start-up and during locked rotor state.
I'm wondering if there's binding as people mentioned the ramp acting weird before it stopped working. Maybe there's binding in the linkage which puts the motor into a locked rotor state and the chip acts as a fuse with the current draw? I guess thinking out loud based on what j_m_ mentioned.

Don't forget we had a node board fail w/o motors or the 'Home' connector attached.

But I still think there might be more than one issue going and you bring up a valid point (locked motor). I'd have to look at the stepper motor chip and see if there's any over current protection built in.

#1413 33 days ago

Along those lines, the last time I replaced the rubber bumpers on either side of the time machine ramp, I noticed a fair amount of binding of the ramp upon reinstallation. It turned out to be the opto wiring harness on the left side of the ramp that goes to the top of the playfield. It was so substantial that I removed the wiring harness from the plastic clip which made huge difference. No more binding. Not saying this is the cause of the issue, but as mbwalker has stated, there may be more than one thing at play here. To date my Node 10 has been fine. Hoping it stays that way.

#1414 31 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Don't forget we had a node board fail w/o motors or the 'Home' connector attached.
But I still think there might be more than one issue going and you bring up a valid point (locked motor). I'd have to look at the stepper motor chip and see if there's any over current protection built in.

Has anyone just tried putting an inline fuse on the motor power wire going to the node board? Better to blow a fuse than a board. Stern abandonded fuses for other means of overcurrent protection... But nothing still beats a simple fuse for protection.

Rob

#1415 31 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Has anyone just tried putting an inline fuse on the motor power wire going to the node board? Better to blow a fuse than a board. Stern abandonded fuses for other means of overcurrent protection... But nothing still beats a simple fuse for protection.
Rob

I thought about that. I figured the chip would go bad (i.e. short) and blow the fuse. You'd still have a bad board but perhaps the traces wouldn't vaporize.

#1416 31 days ago

mbwalker maybe try putting the fuse on just on of the boards and keeping the other the same as it is!

#1417 30 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I thought about that. I figured the chip would go bad (i.e. short) and blow the fuse. You'd still have a bad board but perhaps the traces wouldn't vaporize.

I guess it depends where the root cause of the damage is happening.

I had a similar experience with an arcade redemption game (Full Court Frenzy) about 26 years ago when I worked as a lowly arcade tech. There were 3 big DC motors:

- Forward and back
- Rotate left or right
- Ball gate

The game started blowing one of the 15 pin (L298 I think!) driver and it was because the motors were not independantly fused. Instead, they just ran off one fuse which was rated higher to allow for multiple motors running at the same time. However, if one motor jammed it drew enough current to blow the IC, but not the fuse. My friend who was an electronics genius and figured this all out, reworked the board to individually fuse each motor. Heat sinks were also added to the drivers. We also socketed the IC so if it ever went again, it was an easy replacement.

I'm no expert by any means! But, how about fusing each motor individually AND the power to the board. I have no idea what values are needed, but it's just a thought.

Rob

#1418 30 days ago
Quoted from Gamingrulin:

mbwalker maybe try putting the fuse on just on of the boards and keeping the other the same as it is!

Quoted from Rob_G:

I guess it depends where the root cause of the damage is happening.
I had a similar experience with an arcade redemption game (Full Court Frenzy) about 26 years ago when I worked as a lowly arcade tech. There were 3 big DC motors:
- Forward and back
- Rotate left or right
- Ball gate
The game started blowing one of the 15 pin (L298 I think!) driver and it was because the motors were not independantly fused. Instead, they just ran off one fuse which was rated higher to allow for multiple motors running at the same time. However, if one motor jammed it drew enough current to blow the IC, but not the fuse. My friend who was an electronics genius and figured this all out, reworked the board to individually fuse each motor. Heat sinks were also added to the drivers. We also socketed the IC so if it ever went again, it was an easy replacement.
I'm no expert by any means! But, how about fusing each motor individually AND the power to the board. I have no idea what values are needed, but it's just a thought.
Rob

I sure don't discount the fuse comments, I'm just focusing on the excessive voltage. Plus I don't have a pin to measure to figure out the fuse rating (or if it's feasible).

The two big hitters that can take out an IC are heat (excessive current) and and excessive voltage. On the TMC5041, what's called the 'Charge Pump' circuitry can also be an issue.

Heat: Just an educated WAG on my end, but I think we would see more isolated damage. i.e. A single motor driver is wiped out. Most the time both motor drivers are fried. Plus a board failed w/o motors attached and Godzilla has never had an issue. And the TMC5041 has various current protections built in (Temperature, Short to Gnd, Open Load), but I don't know all the details about those and some of it is buried in the code.

Excessive voltage: This can wipe a bunch of stuff all at once. The motor drivers run off of 24V, as does the TMC5041 internal regulator. A fuse won't protect from a overvoltage.

Looking at the chip below, you can see where the motor drivers are located (blue), and the internal 5V regulator (green) - these all run off of 24V. I've seen chips where all three are wiped out. If high current (i.e. heat) takes out the a motor driver, why would the internal regulator get damaged too? And if a motor driver failed from current, why would that take out a 2nd motor driver? Looking at the data sheet I can sort envision the chip's protection circuitry not catching a blown motor driver (MOSFET)/regulator. Excessive voltage causes the MOSFET driver to short, the protection circuitry instructs the MOSFET to shut off but it can't because it's blown, then the 2nd MOSFET in series w/the first (in the H-Bridge ) goes along for the ride and gets blown too. And if it's excessive voltage, the other driver and internal regulator meet the same fate.

One other thing I should mention is the onboard 48V and 24V capacitance - that might even be big enough to wipe out the chip regardless of a fuse on the 48V line. Just thinking out loud, really haven't thought about it. Maybe it's fine.

But keep in mind, I'm just playing arm chair engineer by figuring out the schematic and looking for weak points (i.e. What can cause this damage and how do I protect it from happening?). I could be completely full of it. But the point being, protect the chip from a transient voltage, then that issue goes away regardless. If the chip blows again, on to the next possible culprit.

Lastly, I've had two boards repaired/modified probably for 3 weeks, just waiting to be sent out for testing. And another on the way to have the TMC5041 replaced/modded. But things are stuck in limbo for a reason. Trust me, I'm just as impatient as you guys!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1419 28 days ago

Welp the new node 10 board failed tonight, made it about ten days. Burn mark in the same area but more subtle this time

IMG_2103 (resized).jpegIMG_2103 (resized).jpegIMG_2104 (resized).jpegIMG_2104 (resized).jpeg
#1420 28 days ago

Does anyone have a blown Node 10 board that is still communicating, ie. is still "found", that they can spare? I have an idea for a different approach to address the issue, but need one of those boards to do some experimenting.

Has anyone identified the spec of the exact stepper motors being used? Anyone know the PWM ranges used or attached an oscilloscope and investigated that? I took a peek at the manual, but few details there.

I don't have immediate access to the game, but will be able to get access if I can get a board.

#1421 27 days ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

... Anyone know the PWM ranges used or attached an oscilloscope and investigated that? I took a peek at the manual, but few details there. I don't have immediate access to the game, but will be able to get access if I can get a board.

I know Necro2112 took stepper motor current measurements (clamp on current probe for a scope w/a decent BW - so amplitude in the time domain). I'd have to go thru the thread and see if he posted or if it was a PM.

People have mentioned the stepper motors are 'Lin Engineering 4118S-04S', but the data sheet is pretty much just bare bones info.

#1422 27 days ago
Quoted from MitchG:

Welp the new node 10 board failed tonight, made it about ten days. Burn mark in the same area but more subtle this time
[quoted image][quoted image]

About how many plays did it last? Remember the mode?

#1423 27 days ago

this has no bearing on the testing that mbwalker and Necro2112 have been performing, but I've ordered a couple of parts in hopes to eliminate any potential binding of the ramp linkage. I will post my findings and the parts listing once verified.

#1424 27 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

this has no bearing on the testing that mbwalker and Necro2112 have been performing, but I've ordered a couple of parts in hopes to eliminate any potential binding of the ramp linkage. I will post my findings and the parts listing once verified.

I just had a ramp out the other day to replace the front bumpers... I should have taken measurements to 3D print something. To keep that connecting rod square on the axle should be really simple. Hell, could probably just pick up some cheap tube at a hardware store and cut to length. A good straw might even work as it shouldn't take much to keep that linkage at the correct location.

#1425 26 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

One would assume/hope that the node board had circuitry build in to prevent overload conditions?

Rob

#1426 26 days ago
Quoted from MitchG:

I'm curious, is that on the input or output side of the IC?

Rob

#1427 26 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm curious, is that on the input or output side of the IC?
Rob

That's the internal 5V regulator.

#1428 26 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

One would assume/hope that the node board had circuitry build in to prevent overload conditions?
Rob

This is Stern. Assume nothing, except that if there's a corner to be cut, it will be.

#1429 26 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I discussed this a little bit a few posts ago (#1418). But if it's due to an overvoltage failure, all bets are off.

#1430 26 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

2 of these (1 on either side of the linkage) should do the trick. according to my measurements, it should be a perfect fit. being comprised of nylon, there shouldn't be any drag or binding against the linkage part
https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=30-100019-00

#1431 25 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

About how many plays did it last? Remember the mode?

Less than ten plays and not sure on the mode, it just seems to happen

#1432 25 days ago
Quoted from MitchG:

Less than ten plays and not sure on the mode, it just seems to happen

Thanks.

A couple of people mentioned La Villa (sp?) was when an issue popped up. I just happened to play a Rush today and noticed that is a song. Does the song set a mode, or it doesn't make a difference? i.e. On Iron Maiden, the song is just a song, has no bearing on modes.

#1433 25 days ago

There are six different modes at Rush. Each mode has its own song. La Villa Strangiato is one of the six modes. Before you plunge a ball you can select a song that will be played as long as you don't start a mode or a multiball. This selection has indeed no bearing on modes or gameplay.

#1434 25 days ago

Could aggressive nudging cause problems?
LE owners are more gentle with their 13k pin,so less problems.

#1435 25 days ago

I sent an email to Stern about this issue. I was sent some parts to proactively avoid this which was the motor with the upgraded wire - I installed it but I’m worried mine goes bang. This has taken too long to solve in my view.

#1436 25 days ago
Quoted from Dipsy:

There are six different modes at Rush. Each mode has its own song. La Villa Strangiato is one of the six modes. Before you plunge a ball you can select a song that will be played as long as you don't start a mode or a multiball. This selection has indeed no bearing on modes or gameplay.

Thanks!

#1437 25 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Could aggressive nudging cause problems?
LE owners are more gentle with their 13k pin,so less problems.

I know of an LE with 5K plus plays that gets heavily nudged. It is one of the "no problems... yet" games.

#1438 25 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I sent an email to Stern about this issue. I was sent some parts to proactively avoid this which was the motor with the upgraded wire - I installed it but I’m worried mine goes bang. This has taken too long to solve in my view.

"Upgraded wire" is just that the wires from the motor go all the way uninterrupted and plug directly into the node board?

#1439 25 days ago

You're welcome.

I wonder if the issue is forced by a specific mode.
When you start a mode the time machine ramp is always in UP position. Some modes lower the ramp to the DOWN position directley after the mode was started. Other modes keep the ramp in UP position. Concerning the La Villa Strangiato mode I see nothing special compared to the other modes. If I am wrong, the problem could be fixed by software.

#1440 25 days ago

Dipsy stern has tried going And looking and adjusting software with the boards and they told me it’s not a software issue. It’s obvious it has to be a board issue I don’t think a specific mode would blow a node board! Only reason if it is is maybe it is requiring more up and down action in that mode for the motor causing it to over heat and blow the node board.

#1441 25 days ago

Maybe an issue I had with my Rush LE is related? I have one in my home and node board is still working BUT did have a strange power related issue.

My game would trip my GFCI plug. Have 5 other games on circuit and none of them tripped it. Put RUSH on a different circuit and it tripped that GFCI plug. Sometimes it would trip within a few seconds sometimes would take up to a minute. But always tripped the GFCI. Worked with Stern and they sent me many new parts to try including MPU, Power Supply, and Power Distribution Board. Nothing would stop it from tripping GFCI. Then after some research I read some GFCI plugs had trouble with "multimedia devices." So I changed the GFCI to a different BRAND plug - and the problem went away. However I wonder if there really is some current leaking to Neutral/Ground. It wouldn't be much, but maybe it is indicative of some electrical design issue with the game.

Like I said, the Node 10 has not failed on this game but it only has about 200 plays. Our other RUSH LE is on location and popped about 10 boards before we gave up and just have the ramp permanently in the up position.

#1442 25 days ago
Quoted from Gamingrulin:

Dipsy stern has tried going And looking and adjusting software with the boards and they told me it’s not a software issue. It’s obvious it has to be a board issue I don’t think a specific mode would blow a node board!

Why? The Star Wars version that has Midnight Madness (only one before they pulled it) can blow up node boards. It can be done.

#1443 24 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why? The Star Wars version that has Midnight Madness (only one before they pulled it) can blow up node boards. It can be done.

Even if changing something in software could possibly prevent it, that change would only be working around the issue and not addressing root cause. The two no-problem LEs I have access to are running the same software that LEs which have blown multiple node 10s are running. Software "as the cause" just doesn't add up, not as a lone cause for certain. Maybe the software is triggering a specific combination of events that trip the issue but it sure isn't sending a specific instruction to overdrive the node board. I'm confident that this is a hardware issue likely starting with the poor design of the node board and then the combination with some other hardware variable (since that is what is different in each of our machines, we all have unique pieces of hardware) that combined hits the breaking point. With the hardware in a machine all the same I'd personally feel that even with a software "fix" something would always be waiting to happen.

I'm still thinking it is something outside the node 10 board itself which is the catalyst. Maybe a more robust node 10 design (like what we suspect is on the Bond 60th score reel board) would be able to handle it. Still wouldn't address the true root issue but designing to the chip manufacturer's suggested layout might provide a real hardware preventative measure fix. I'd have much more confidence in this than an "avoidance" software measure. Maybe someone that is already dealing with Stern on replacing blown boards could push them for an answer of 1) would the Bond 60th board be compatible if set as a Rush node 10 board, and if so 2) could the next replacement Stern sends out be one of those Bond boards instead. This would certainly play to Stern's favor if the design of the Bond board proves to eliminate the problem. They could either start shipping those out as replacements and be able to wipe their hands dealing with the issue, or start making a new part number that is just the Bond board but only populated to drive the two steppers we need in Rush. I would think that would be an easy thing to do manufacturing-wise... just a new program and BOM for the pick-and-place equipment building the boards. But we'll never know if the Bond boards don't get tested in a problem Rush machine, assuming of course that they are a compatible replacement. I really can't see why having one of those show up as a Rush node 10 board and the code pushing the appropriate board code to it wouldn't work. It's unfortunate that I can't find anyone selling that particular board.

Is there anyone in the SE PA area (ChesCo/MontCo/DelCo or thereabouts) in this thread that is having the issue? Maybe between you, me, and the on-route LE owner we could work something out and do some hardware swaps to see if the problem stays, disappears, or follows something else. Stern has already swapped node boards and stepper motors with no long term success so I'd be thinking start with swapping the PSU or PDU. I don't know what Stern is doing on their side to get to the bottom of this but I'm really feeling the quickest way to zero in on the problem is to take a good and a bad machine and start swapping hardware. Pinpoint at what point moving a piece of hardware causes the problem to move with. That approach has served me well in other troubleshooting work I've done before although nothing quite at this price point.

#1444 24 days ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Even if changing something in software could possibly prevent it, that change would only be working around the issue and not addressing root cause.

With SW, the root cause was the software though.

Rob

#1445 24 days ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Even if changing something in software could possibly prevent it, that change would only be working around the issue and not addressing root cause. The two no-problem LEs I have access to are running the same software that LEs which have blown multiple node 10s are running.

It's likely a combination of issues. Certain assembly issues perhaps mixed with a software issue. It has to be something on the assembly side to make it vulnerable or all of them would do it.

#1446 24 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Software should never be doing hardware's job. Just see the Therac-25.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therac-25

The relevant part: "These accidents highlighted the dangers of software control of safety-critical systems".

In previous versions the hardware prevented excessive doses.

Now, a pinball machine isn't a healthcare device, but it shouldn't blow up when the software tells it to.

#1447 24 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I went looking for this event but couldn't find anything specific on it. Speculation that it was killing node boards, but also speculation that it was removed because of Disney's rules. Further, I found that it has been re-enabled via Pinball Browser. Sounding to me like some failing node boards were a coincidence, although it does seem the mode would be a very high-current and high-vibration event. (Tied then to service bulletin 189?) If you've got a link I'm more than willing to learn about it. (Being sincere here... if there's something I'm missing I'm willing to learn.) After some general Google searches my main searches were in the SW owner's thread for keywords "node" and later "madness". I also looked through PoMC's "midnight madness enabled" thread and only found one instance of node with no warnings of the software risking node destruction. Sure seems like the feature is out there for use and not causing problems.

There are plenty of Rush machines that are running the exact same code without having issues and this isn't a mode that would only happen once per day. (w/o clock tinkering) Per Gamingrulin Stern has already investigated the software and ruled that out. My logic tells me hardware in one way or another (same parts but slightly different operating ranges, how things are installed, etc.) is definitely involved and the root cause.

And Ten31 good call out on the Therac-25. I had learned about that from a Plainly Difficult video on YouTube.

#1448 24 days ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

....I'm still thinking it is something outside the node 10 board itself which is the catalyst. Maybe a more robust node 10 design (like what we suspect is on the Bond 60th score reel board) would be able to handle it. Still wouldn't address the true root issue but designing to the chip manufacturer's suggested layout might provide a real hardware preventative measure fix...

The stepper motor design is the same as the datasheet. Layout isn't bad (I've worked in the GHz range fairly often and also do the RF layouts). The 24V switcher supply is almost by the book too, but with one exception: They combined the feedback and overvoltage lines instead of having separate circuits (it would be difficult to mod the board to remedy that). I posted about that long time ago. Don't know about the quality of the parts used on the board (i.e. Did they use low ESR caps?). I tried to duplicate a transient on the 48V line, but the 24V switcher chugged it's way thru it w/o issue. The 48V feeds the 24V switcher.

The stepper motor chip also has what's called a 'charge pump'. The charge pump can cause destructive currents under certain conditions. But Necro2112 didn't spot the particular scenario that would cause an issue when measuring his pin (his pin has never had a problem). And the first boards I modded included extra capacitance on the 24V which should have helped with any issues with the charge pump (and it still blew).

I'm FINALLY going to send out the repaired node boards later this week w/some mods for testing. I've been reluctant since I can't test the repair first and the stepper motor chip has some pretty fine pitch pins along w/a thermal pad on the backside of the chip. Plus I was (impatiently) waiting to hear about something else going on (that's still in limbo). The mod should address any transient overvoltage events, both on the 24V supply and the motors. But in my testing, I've never spotted a voltage transient. Keep in mind I test just small sections of the node board on the bench, not in a pin.

#1449 24 days ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I went looking for this event but couldn't find anything specific on it. Speculation that it was killing node boards, but also speculation that it was removed because of Disney's rules. Further, I found that it has been re-enabled via Pinball Browser. Sounding to me like some failing node boards were a coincidence, although it does seem the mode would be a very high-current and high-vibration event.

It had nothing to do with Midnight Madness. I don't know specifics and I was beta testing the game. I was just told if my game hadn't blown the node board, it would probably be ok. If not, it would be replaced. So I didn't worry about it.

Rob

#1450 24 days ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I went looking for this event but couldn't find anything specific on it. Speculation that it was killing node boards, but also speculation that it was removed because of Disney's rules.

Midnight madness had nothing to do with it blowing node boards. It was just coincidentally THAT version that had Midnight Madness that blew node boards, so loading that version up to see MM is risky (before the pinball browser route because an option, it was the only way to see that mode).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Camano Island, WA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Corinth, MS
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,586 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.