“Rush/Godzilla Node Board 10 issues and Non issues list”

• Rush LE/Premium with issues 67 votes
    35%
  • Rush LE/Premium no issues 120 votes
    63%
  • 2 votes
    1%
  • 0 votes

(Multiple choice - 189 votes by 188 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
rmptst_02 (resized).png
rmptst_01 (resized).png
fingers-crossed.gif
5FF0E966-62B8-496B-A947-7CD7C3F546FC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,297 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 26.
#601 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

No tennis ball required!

I have an LE would You trade me Your pro ? Out of kindness and Pity.

#602 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesterpester:

...thought it was the perfect gift to ourselves and took the plunge. Wanted to buy the Creature machine as it was what we spent so many dates playing and always wanted to own.

Pun intended?

Creature has been on my wish list for years too! It was the first machine I ever saw with a dollar bill feeder, and man did that feeder get a lot of use from me during my college years. I have been warned it can be a bear to work on though, but one day I still want it in my collection.

#603 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Pun intended?
Creature has been on my wish list for years too! It was the first machine I ever saw with a dollar bill feeder, and man did that feeder get a lot of use from me during my college years. I have been warned it can be a bear to work on though, but one day I still want it in my collection.

Of course! I love a good pun.
Yeah, I’ve heard that too. It’s still on my wishlist but now far down the line. Received this as an anniversary present a few years ago and have it hanging near our Rush machine. It will have to do!

14C1A090-2E93-474F-8D82-563C7A4A9EE0 (resized).jpeg14C1A090-2E93-474F-8D82-563C7A4A9EE0 (resized).jpeg
#604 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Pun intended?

CFTBL is a great game. I have had mine for a long time. No issues other than the Mike D mod SD card crashing now and then.

Get one. You will not be disappointed!

#605 1 year ago

Quoted from Jamesays:

I have an LE would You trade me Your pro ? Out of kindness and Pity.

Silly me, you'd think I'd jump, and I've been giving it a lot of thought, but I'm really attached to my pro. There's got to be someone closer in California that would take that fire hazard off your hands.

#606 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Silly me, you'd think I'd jump, and I've been giving it a lot of thought, but I'm really attached to my pro. There's got to be someone closer in California that would take that fire hazard off your hands.

Im happy we can joke around and not get angry like in other threads people get all worked up.
On the other hand this is a serious issue for many Rush fans/owners and lets hope this gets resolved soon.

#607 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Im happy we can joke around and not get angry like in other threads people get all worked up.
On the other hand this is a serious issue for many Rush fans/owners and lets hope this gets resolved soon.

True. I laugh when I look in the mirror every time, but that's me and so I will say I was NOT meaning to be insensitive, and I realize if this was my situation I'm not sure the humor or making light of a serious situation would be appreciated... So I'm sorry to anyone who thought I was out of line on that joke. I've got plenty of experience with being on the other side, so you'd think I'd known better. Man, I'm really a jerk now that I think about it. But I'm not going to edit my posts either... I'm sleeping in the bed I made. Hoping for a solid resolution for all affected.

#608 1 year ago

Well Stern has this been resolved or do we have a bunch of Rush Buyers sitting and waiting ?

#609 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Well Stern has this been resolved or do we have a bunch of Rush Buyers sitting and waiting ?

1000_F_421030217_YeZ4wZkoFNqpG3dRJfvGcXjI2HWTzV3O~2 (resized).jpg1000_F_421030217_YeZ4wZkoFNqpG3dRJfvGcXjI2HWTzV3O~2 (resized).jpg
#610 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Anyone receive the latest fix ? Is it Happening or are we just making 2000 dollar Toppers.

I got the new fix this weekend, still not working

#611 1 year ago
Quoted from Pat-in-ct:

I got the new fix this weekend, still not working

You couldn’t get it to work or you blew the new board you just received?

#612 1 year ago

Also, what did the latest ‘fix’ consist of? Thx!

#613 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#614 1 year ago

I have had mine over a Year.GAME OF THE YEAR wheres the solution ?

#615 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I have had mine over a Year.GAME OF THE YEAR wheres the solution ?

Genuinely want to know if you have a open case at Stern and how many others do? And who owns those cases and what is the last thing communicated?

#616 1 year ago

Posters are receiving parts here and there so Someone is working on this but no official fix I am aware of.My Machine is working I just want to see a resolution for everyone affected.odds appear to be atleast 1 in 3 have had a problem so anyone at anytime could have the failure.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#617 1 year ago

Just installed new board i received last week and new motor... had to adjust the DIP switches. weren't set correctly from Stern. Needs to be OFF ON OFF OFF.

Game is currently WORKING!!! Played 10-15 games. Also did latest update.

Cheers...fingers crossed

#618 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_sake:

Just installed new board i received last week and new motor...

Happy to hear that at least some folks are receiving the latest motor/ board replacement.

#619 1 year ago

My board and motor do seem to be the latest and there were delays in getting them. Motor has longer wiring, that as stated plugs directly to the Node 10 board.

#620 12 months ago

Like many (all?) of us on this page, I've burned through numerous boards. Ordered my most recent one on 21 March. Emailed Stern service dept today on status of a solution and when to expect it. Their response: "The order has been submitted to the parts team and orders are being fulfilled as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience." 

#621 12 months ago
Quoted from YYZ2112YYZ:

Like many (all?) of us on this page, I've burned through numerous boards. Ordered my most recent one on 21 March. Emailed Stern service dept today on status of a solution and when to expect it. Their response: "The order has been submitted to the parts team and orders are being fulfilled as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience."

I can't stand the assuming resopnse of "We appreciate your patience". As if by saying that that resolves them from any further responsibility.

#622 12 months ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

I can't stand the assuming resopnse of "We appreciate your patience". As if by saying that that resolves them from any further responsibility.

It could also be interpreted as "we would appreciate your patience". Just saying...

#623 12 months ago
Quoted from YYZ2112YYZ:

Boards aren't the problem. You need to be fixing the wiring or replacing the motor(s) along with the dead board. If you don't resolve the cause, it'll only result in more dead boards.

#624 12 months ago

fyi - I just heard from my disti that there is a fix in from stern and it's in the mail. No details yet on what that actually is.

#625 12 months ago
Quoted from JToeps:

fyi - I just heard from my disti that there is a fix in from stern and it's in the mail. No details yet on what that actually is.

Please, once you receive the package let us know what is in the box. I have asked others that have received the fix and I’ve had no response. Thanks!

#626 12 months ago

Same here. Shipped via UPS today. Will post what comes.

Quoted from JToeps:

#627 12 months ago
Quoted from JToeps:

It's a node 10 board (same revision as originally shipped with the games) and a Lin Engineering stepper motor (same part number as the others) with long leads terminated in a Molex 0.100" 4-pin connector that attaches directly to the node board, eliminating the suspect connector between motor and board. Oh, and a few zip ties to tidy up the wire routing.

#628 11 months ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Please, once you receive the package let us know what is in the box. I have asked others that have received the fix and I’ve had no response. Thanks!

Got my kit today along with the replacement for my blown node 10, contents in pics:

IMG_3330 (resized).JPGIMG_3330 (resized).JPG

IMG_3331 (resized).JPGIMG_3331 (resized).JPG

#629 11 months ago

Got mine as well. Does anyone know what the proper dip switch settings are?

#630 11 months ago

Should be in the manual. Also mentioned about 5 or 6 posts up.

#631 11 months ago

Has anyone who installed the “new fix” kit had issues calibrating the ramp and drum clock? Both of mine have seemed to have lost their minds. Up when supposed to be down, clock off time by 20 or so minutes. Get them calibrated and seemingly working ok only to have them both end up way off again. Can’t figure it out.

#632 11 months ago

Has anyone who installed the “new fix” kit had issues calibrating the ramp and drum clock? Both of mine have seemed to have lost their minds. Up when supposed to be down, clock off time by 20 or so minutes. Get them calibrated and seemingly working ok only to have them both end up way off again. Can’t figure it out.

Have you got the switches on the replacement node board set as per the manual ?

Are the reference switch inputs plugged in ok ?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#633 11 months ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Got my kit today along with the replacement for my blown node 10, contents in pics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice! Thanks for posting the pics!

#634 11 months ago

Yup! Everything is set as it should. Stern now says probably bad node board. Back to the waiting for a new one. This is now board #6. I’m kinda over this game now.

#635 11 months ago
Quoted from ian866:

Have you got the switches on the replacement node board set as per the manual ?
Are the reference switch inputs plugged in ok ?

Yup! Everything is set as it should. Stern now says probably bad node board. Back to the waiting for a new one. This is now board #6. I’m kinda over this game now.

#636 11 months ago

New node and improved motor installed - so far so good, but it's only been a couple games

Wanted to note that my node did NOT arrive with the dip switches set. From left to right they should be off-on-off-off (down-up-down-down would be another way to look at it).

#637 11 months ago

Is this with the Latest fix ?

#638 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Is this with the Latest fix ?

Yes. New Node 10 board and new ramp motor without the connector. Just received it Friday.

#639 11 months ago

Yes. New Node 10 board and new ramp motor without the connector. Just received it Friday.

This fix ? Dang .And Stern thinks it could be a bad board out of the Box ?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#640 11 months ago

Thanks For continuing to have this conversation JesterPester,You must be Frustrated as can be.

#641 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

This fix ? Dang .And Stern thinks it could be a bad board out of the Box ?

Yes, that fix. Even pulled the motor back out and reinstalled it in case I did it wrong. That’s the response I got from Stern after a few back and forth emails. Must be the node board.

#642 11 months ago

Got my new motor, and node10 board. Installed, rebooted and got an error message which basically said Node boards 4,7,10, not found. (something like that). Read through these posts and saw the dip switches needed to be set, and that's exactly what my issue was. Rebooted, worked after a short message to update the node board. Played a few games, and game worked perfect. Hope others get theirs worked out as well. Stern was super helpful for me, even sent me an LED that had gone out. Peace!

-Scott

#643 11 months ago

Received my replacement node board and ramp motor. Everything was pretty straight forward:

1) updated code
2) installed node board and ramp motor.

Went into ramp menu and it said something about "disabled by adj." I think I had an option to enable and the ramp started working. Anyone know what "disabled by adj" means?

BTW, when you start a game, is the hour light on the clock on 5?

20230422_193152 (resized).jpg20230422_193152 (resized).jpg
#644 11 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Received my replacement node board and ramp motor. Everything was pretty straight forward:
1) updated code
2) installed node board and ramp motor.
Went into ramp menu and it said something about "disabled by adj." I think I had an option to enable and the ramp started working. Anyone know what "disabled by adj" means?
BTW, when you start a game, is the hour light on the clock on 5?
[quoted image]

You received the old motor - I wouldn't plug that into your new node 10!

#645 11 months ago

I wasn’t convinced that the new node 10 board was “bad” right out of the box. Waiting for the new one to arrive. I played around with the bias settings and got the clock working just as it should finally and not losing time. I got the ramp finally going up and down as it should but it eventually would only come up about halfway about 3 balls into a game. But I was just playing a test game where so far everything was working fine until I noticed the ramp didn’t come up. Blew the board again same way the last ones all blew. There has to be something seriously wrong with our machine.

7EDAB45A-708F-45E6-AE76-8458927EF915 (resized).jpeg7EDAB45A-708F-45E6-AE76-8458927EF915 (resized).jpeg
#646 11 months ago

That really sucks!

#647 11 months ago

It's so weird that some of us have had zero node 10 problems and others have endless node 10 problems. I haven't checked my connections (don't want to start poking around and "fix" something that isn't broken) but JesterPester's experience suggests that the problem isn't the connections anyway.

#648 11 months ago

Also, @jesterpester, if you're really done dealing with the issues (and I probably would be, in your shoes), you might want to check into your state's/federal lemon laws. Contrary to popular belief, they don't only apply to cars - they apply to all consumer products. If a reasonable number of repair attempts to a warranty issue have been made, and the manufacturer still can't fix the problem, you should be able to return the machine for a full refund. 6 or 7 Node boards without an end in sight is beyond a "reasonable" number of attempts to fix.

#650 11 months ago

Reposting from the main Rush owners’ thread as someone suggested - Today I randomly received a replacement stepper motor for my Premium’s time machine ramp, mailed by my distributor (just the motor, no node board included like I see some here showing). I called them and they basically only know that Stern sent the motors to them and told them to send the motors out to their Premium/LE Rush customers.

I’ve been meaning to catch back up with this thread for a while, but I went back through a couple of weeks of posts and saw nothing about this.

Anyone know what’s up, or is this just some strange courtesy extra part to have around just in case?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,297 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-node-board-10-issues-and-non-issues-list/page/13?hl=aamauzy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.