“Rush/Godzilla Node Board 10 issues and Non issues list”

• Rush LE/Premium with issues 67 votes
    35%
  • Rush LE/Premium no issues 120 votes
    63%
  • 2 votes
    1%
  • 0 votes

(Multiple choice - 189 votes by 188 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
rmptst_02 (resized).png
rmptst_01 (resized).png
fingers-crossed.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 26.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

I think it might be the workers they hire:[quoted image]

Could be that they can tell a Pinsider from other folk when an email comes in....

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Somewhere I read that I should let my distributor know my node board has fried, so I'll be needing the fix, so I have done this and they "put me on the list."
Should I call Stern directly as well?

If you submit a ticket yourself, Stern can then inform you if your distributor has filed a warranty claim for you. Doesn't hurt to contact the support team at Stern, they are very good, it's the parts department that needs to be restructured !

#453 1 year ago

Received a new motor finally,,but unbelievable they didn’t send the wire from the Node board to the motor molex connection, mine is severely loose on all 4-wires. Stern asked if I needed a node board, i only have spent $600 for Node Boards, what’s a few more hundred!!! For the life of me why not send the other wire?????? He we go again begging for parts!!!!!

1E5247B7-8625-45C4-A434-4F6003F7966C (resized).jpeg1E5247B7-8625-45C4-A434-4F6003F7966C (resized).jpeg
#454 1 year ago

Does anyone know if that wire between Node-10 and the ramp motor molex connection has a part number? I don’t see it.

#455 1 year ago

Someone please tell me this is a cruel joke!!! $699.00 for Node-10 ? I paid $180 right after XMas. This Hobby is nothing but Whore’s!!! Next time your sewer backs up don’t complain about the bill!! Game on in 2023!!!!

DB36E59C-0816-4932-9F2F-DA50E252D875 (resized).pngDB36E59C-0816-4932-9F2F-DA50E252D875 (resized).png
#456 1 year ago

That’s pretty jacked up..it’s $299 at pinball life and I think it’s BS that they have gone up that much.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-node-board-520-5781-02.html

Quoted from MJK-911:

Someone please tell me this is a cruel joke!!! $699.00 for Node-10 ? I paid $180 right after XMas. This Hobby is nothing but Whore’s!!! Next time your sewer backs up don’t complain about the bill!! Game on in 2023!!!![quoted image]

#457 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Received a new motor finally,,but unbelievable they didn’t send the wire from the Node board to the motor molex connection, mine is severely loose on all 4-wires. Stern asked if I needed a node board, i only have spent $600 for Node Boards, what’s a few more hundred!!! For the life of me why not send the other wire?????? He we go again begging for parts!!!!!
[quoted image]

The faulty connector is the one they sent. The harness from the node board hasn't shown to be a problem and are different sized wires. When you say yours is 'loose' do you just mean the pins moving in the molex shell? That is normal. What you don't want is the wire not snug in the crimped pin itself - which you can only really tell by removing the pin from the shell.

#458 1 year ago

Over the weekend, I worked on a Rush LE to apply the connector remedies before the node board blew. The appointment had been scheduled for over a month. Unfortunately the node 10 board blew less than 24 hours before I arrived. A real bummer I didn't get there in time to prevent it.

1100 plays.

I extracted the ramp motor pins from the in-line connector and there was no question what caused the board to blow. The insulation was crimped under the center part of the pin where the bare wire should be.

The first two photos are of the bad crimps. The second two photos are what they should look like after I crimped on new pins.

Bad Crimp!Bad Crimp!

Bad Crimp!Bad Crimp!

Good CrimpGood Crimp

Good CrimpGood Crimp

#459 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Natural immunity

Thx for stirring the pot

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from Peak-Pin:

Over the weekend, I worked on a Rush LE to apply the connector remedies before the node board blew. The appointment had been scheduled for over a month. Unfortunately the node 10 board blew less than 24 hours before I arrived. A real bummer I didn't get there in time to prevent it.
1100 plays.
I extracted the ramp motor pins from the in-line connector and there was no question what caused the board to blow. The insulation was crimped under the center part of the pin where the bare wire should be.
The first two photos are of the bad crimps. The second two photos are what they should look like after I crimped on new pins.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Embarrassing

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx for stirring the pot

What else are we lowly pro owners gonna brag on?

#461 1 year ago

Stern take a good look at this thread and replace or train the individuals who do this work.Also train Your QC people on what to look for .

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from Peak-Pin:

1100 plays.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

man... that is really bad and unacceptable. Clearly no one looking over the worker

#463 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

man... that is really bad and unacceptable. Clearly no one looking over the worker

I guess it was easier to shut down production.

#464 1 year ago

Stern has a blind person pulling parts , or the said person is stealing parts before putting said parts in a box to be mailed to said Customer/Me !!!! Now I have more emails back/forth trying to explain the Node-10 Board wasn’t in the box when I opened it last week.Stern sends this sheet saying Iam wrong. Nice more BS to deal with. Moving forward Everyone make a Video of you opening any parts box from Stern Pinball. I trust Nobody in this Hobby anymore, I bet with the rising cost of this Node Board $700.00 , theft is happening at Stern Pinball!!! Sure he forgot to put it in the box. I also see $22,000 Bond -60th being delivered missing shaker motors!! Nothing worst than Theft . Burns my Ass!!!!

101DE61A-B9A1-449C-AB6A-7A51449CB019 (resized).png101DE61A-B9A1-449C-AB6A-7A51449CB019 (resized).png
#465 1 year ago

That sucks man! Nothing worse than being called a liar!

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

tern has a blind person pulling parts , or the said person is stealing parts before putting said parts in a box to be mailed to said Customer/Me !!!!

Sorry to see this Mike. What a complete goat-rope.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#467 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Stern has a blind person pulling parts , or the said person is stealing parts before putting said parts in a box to be mailed to said Customer/Me !!!! Now I have more emails back/forth trying to explain the Node-10 Board wasn’t in the box when I opened it last week.Stern sends this sheet saying Iam wrong. Nice more BS to deal with. Moving forward Everyone make a Video of you opening any parts box from Stern Pinball. I trust Nobody in this Hobby anymore, I bet with the rising cost of this Node Board $700.00 , theft is happening at Stern Pinball!!! Sure he forgot to put it in the box. I also see $22,000 Bond -60th being delivered missing shaker motors!! Nothing worst than Theft . Burns my Ass!!!!
[quoted image]

There’s some bad shit going on with the mail. Two people in my neighborhood had an Apple Watch and iPhone delivered by fedex. Outside box was sealed, but the apple boxes inside were empty.

#468 1 year ago

Sorry that happened. Perhaps when it was shipped you could find the weight of the package at time of shipping . Perhaps the difference of weight with no node board would help your case. I would imagine the kit and board has to be several ounces.

#469 1 year ago

Sorry to hear that.

For Stern, price of one node board is so small that they should have sent you another one immediately after you let them know it was not received.

Lets hope they will make things right.

#470 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There’s some bad shit going on with the mail. Two people in my neighborhood had an Apple Watch and iPhone delivered by fedex. Outside box was sealed, but the apple boxes inside were empty.

If carrier theft, generally the entire package goes missing, not the scenario you describe. Empty boxes inside are likely theft during fulfillment at the point of origin.

#471 1 year ago

I recieved my rush replacement kit. And it just failed.
Installed 2/22/23 failed 3/7/23

IMG_20230222_140634_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230222_140634_HDR (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230308-100553 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230308-100553 (resized).png
#472 1 year ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

I recieved my rush replacement kit. And it just failed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that sucks! That is not good news.

#473 1 year ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

recieved my rush replacement kit. And it just failed.

.....and you had the latest code updated before slapping in the node board?

#474 1 year ago

Yup, same here. Just got the replacement board and motor. Everything updated etc before install on the 27th. Maybe 50 games so far and it blew tonight. I was really hoping it was figured out finally. Uggh

#475 1 year ago

spectrum-1980s and Jesterpester , did either of you do any of the mentioned possible fixes, before putting in the new board? Or just swap in the new board?

Would be nice to list what was/wasn’t done, before board swapping, so we can keep the information flowing.

Either way, sucks to have that happen for you two.

#476 1 year ago

It would be nice if we could keep track of
how many have replaced the Boards only to fail again
how many have replaced the Board and its still working
How many replaced the Board and fixed the connector and still failed again
How many replaced the Board and fixed the connector and still working

anyone that can make this Happen Please assist us in gathering this info.

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

It would be nice if we could keep track of
how many have replaced the Boards only to fail again
how many have replaced the Board and its still working
How many replaced the Board and fixed the connector and still failed again
How many replaced the Board and fixed the connector and still working
anyone that can make this Happen Please assist us in gathering this info.

Can you add in poll? Or modify poll?

#478 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can you add in poll? Or modify poll?

not sure how to do it in a way we can vote on more than 1 area

#479 1 year ago

I love how Stern sends out the the $200 board and the $40 motor but not the $1 harness piece that’s been crushed by zip ties to make sure that all possible issues are resolved. LOL

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I love how Stern sends out the the $200 board and the $40 motor but not the $1 harness piece that’s been crushed by zip ties to make sure that all possible issues are resolved. LOL

There is no need to supply a harness, there is a motor available that has leads long enough to plug directly into the node board. A few people have decided to install it and have had no issues.

#481 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

There is no need to supply a harness, there is a motor available that has leads long enough to plug directly into the node board. A few people have decided to install it and have had no issues.

I know that. I have one of those motors. I’m talking about what Stern supplies in their replacement kit.

#482 1 year ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I know that. I have one of those motors. I’m talking about what Stern supplies in their replacement kit.

Crossed wires I feel, I'm trying to say I can't understand why Stern don't abandon the extension harness and use the direct plug in motor option.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#483 1 year ago

It’s getting to the point where I believe that Stern is not proactively trying to solve the problem, they are just replacing parts. People were just getting boards until you showed them documentation (photos) of crushed wires, then we started getting motors as well.

Quoted from ian866:

Crossed wires I feel, I'm trying to say I can't understand why Stern don't abandon the extension harness and use the direct plug in motor option.

#484 1 year ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Stern is sending me one of these in my replacement kit. Apparently they had a meeting about it yesterday and decided this was a good idea. I will report back once it arrives.

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

[quoted image]

keep buying their games!

#486 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

keep buying their games!

I will! This will get fixed, eventually, and I understand the people with a broken game being pissed off. I would be too. But I wont stop buying because of one issue, FF is on the way, looking forward to it.

#487 1 year ago

I have 15-Spike-2 games and a few older, RUSH is my first game with this nightmare situation, This will not keep me from buying more Sterns, I will say Pablo has been doing anything he can, he just emailed saying new parts are being fedex today with a different motor that directly plugs into the node board and also another node-board. I sure hope this will fix everything!!! Never in a Million years Stern wants issues with any game. These are HAND built and assembled,,it only takes 1- pissed off worker or someone not paying attention and all of a sudden 100 games are messed up. I absolutely love Stern Pinball!! 60-th has landed, Monday delivery, No-Node-10 hopefully another phenomenal pinball machine!!!!!!

#488 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

spectrum-1980s and Jesterpester , did either of you do any of the mentioned possible fixes, before putting in the new board? Or just swap in the new board?
Would be nice to list what was/wasn’t done, before board swapping, so we can keep the information flowing.
Either way, sucks to have that happen for you two.

Did not do any fixes, just trusted Stern did a better job at the crimps. Looks like they did not.

F2105448-45DB-4CE2-B7EE-5F5451E0BEFB (resized).jpegF2105448-45DB-4CE2-B7EE-5F5451E0BEFB (resized).jpeg
#489 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesterpester:

Did not do any fixes, just trusted Stern did a better job at the crimps. Looks like they did not.

I would like to confirm what items people received in the Rush fix kit. Two items correct? Node board and new motor? Nothing else, correct?

#490 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I would like to confirm what items people received in the Rush fix kit. Two items correct? Node board and new motor? Nothing else, correct?

Nope, nothing else.

#491 1 year ago

Just checking in...

I have LE #994 with 669 plays.

No issues as of yet. I have checked the motor wiring and connector. All four crimps on both sides of the motor connector are incorrect. Will snap pictures when I have time to take apart to fix crimps.

#492 1 year ago

I ordered the tool to remove the male connector pins, and checked them all. It’s hard to tell from this crummy iPhone pic, but the pins were crimped on correctly (though the wire looks kind of thin and fragile). I couldn’t remove the pins on the female side, but I assume they’re good too.

I’ve never had a node 10 board blow in this game. I DID have my node 10 board blow in my friend’s LE; Stern replaced both of them for us. Under no circumstance should you loan your node board to another pin. That’s the lesson I got out of my experience.

3F24E93B-6E2E-4826-B6AA-CDE3327539AE (resized).jpeg3F24E93B-6E2E-4826-B6AA-CDE3327539AE (resized).jpeg

#493 1 year ago

Tons of discussion about issues (or lack thereof) with the Molex connector and pins/crimps. I just removed the damn connector and hard-soldered the wires. Why would anyone go to any trouble at all with the connector? It's not like you can't remove the motor once you bypass the connector, it still connects directly on the node 10 board. The only reason I can think of is somehow keeping the game "original" or "stock". If that's your reason, great. Me? I'd rather just eliminate a known problem once-and-for-all.

For all the hassle that this connector presents (including people ordering tooling and spare pins), you still have a weak point in the system. We know definitively that intermettent connection can blow node 10. TMK, there's not been a single report of a blown node 10 on a game with the connector removed. There HAS been reports of blown boards on games with replacement connectors. Why not do everything to remove any possible weakness in this connection by eliminating that plug?

#494 1 year ago

Good Question,Has anyone that removed the Connector Blown The node Board ?

#495 1 year ago

I believe there is one report, within the last 2-3 pages, but we asked to see pictures, which have not been provided of the fixes.

How it was done, and the experience behind it, might have been a factor, not sure without pics.

#496 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

I believe there is one report, within the last 2-3 pages, but we asked to see pictures, which have not been provided of the fixes.

Yes I remember that.

#497 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Tons of discussion about issues (or lack thereof) with the Molex connector and pins/crimps. I just removed the damn connector and hard-soldered the wires. Why would anyone go to any trouble at all with the connector? It's not like you can't remove the motor once you bypass the connector, it still connects directly on the node 10 board. The only reason I can think of is somehow keeping the game "original" or "stock". If that's your reason, great. Me? I'd rather just eliminate a known problem once-and-for-all.
For all the hassle that this connector presents (including people ordering tooling and spare pins), you still have a weak point in the system. We know definitively that intermettent connection can blow node 10. TMK, there's not been a single report of a blown node 10 on a game with the connector removed. There HAS been reports of blown boards on games with replacement connectors. Why not do everything to remove any possible weakness in this connection by eliminating that plug?

You’ve read my mind! I’ve been wanting to post these exact words for about a month now! You beat me to it!

#498 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I just removed the damn connector and hard-soldered the wires. Why would anyone go to any trouble at all with the connector?

I was considering it too. My only thought is that if somehow the node 10 board blows after I do it, Stern may not want to replace it. But I think it’s worth doing anyway. Like you said, it removes a weak point. Actually THE weak point.

#499 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Why would anyone go to any trouble at all with the connector?

If I owned one of these games, you can bet that I would hack out that connector immediately.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
https://www.youtube.com/c/ChrisHiblerPinball
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

If I owned one of these games, you can bet that I would hack out that connector immediately.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
https://www.youtube.com/c/ChrisHiblerPinball
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

Guys, Stern is sending me a repair kit that removes the connector. They hear us. I mentioned it earlier in the thread. The original repair kit they sent me blew in 2 games. The new kit will have a motor that has the wires go directly to node 10.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
There are 1,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-node-board-10-issues-and-non-issues-list/page/10?hl=diablorush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.