“Rush/Godzilla Node Board 10 issues and Non issues list”

• Rush LE/Premium with issues 65 votes
    35%
  • Rush LE/Premium no issues 120 votes
    65%
  • 1 vote
    1%
  • 0 votes

(Multiple choice - 186 votes by 185 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image000000 (resized).jpeg
engineering progress.gif
IMG_1522 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
34y96l (resized).jpg
limpet (resized).jpg
EB46BBA7-A111-4627-A345-2524EFDEEE46 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #229 Node board #10 check Posted by Peak-Pin (1 year ago)

Post #231 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Peak-Pin (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 1,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 26.
#1 1 year ago

Many people are dealing with Node Board 10 issues and it was suggested maybe we could have a seperate thread and list which Machines are having issues.We will also list which are not and Take note of the amount of failures we are having.Please list your machines Le # and build date or just build date if preferred.Please take the poll for an easy to see list.Thanks

#2 1 year ago

LE# 675
Build date: 2/18/22
685 plays
No issues
Afraid to dig deeper than I have.
Bolted to the floor

#3 1 year ago

LE #88
Build Date 2/10/2022
No issues

#4 1 year ago

LE # 255
Will add build Date
no issues with Node 10

#5 1 year ago

Please take the poll,Thanks everyone.

#6 1 year ago

Premium
- 4/25/2022 build,
- 355 plays,
- NO problem with node10
- Replaced zip ties on wire harness off ramp, minor wire insulation indent

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

LE # 255
Will add build Date
no issues with Node 10

Please take the poll ,Thanks John

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Premium
- 4/25/2022 build,
- 355 plays,
- NO problem with node10
- Replaced zip ties on wire harness off ramp, minor wire insulation indent

Good information,Please everyone do the poll for a quick count.We can do date and other lists as we get more information.

#9 1 year ago

Rush Prem
Build date 07/05/22
Node 10 failure at appx 750 plays
Node 10 failure at appx 30 plays
Have checked all connections and wires between stepper motors (clock and ramp) and node 10 board.
Zip ties were too tight throughout the underside of playfield, cut those free.
Still undiagnosed issue.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Rush Prem
Build date 07/05/22
Node 10 failure at appx 750 plays
Node 10 failure at appx 30 plays
Have checked all connections and wires between stepper motors (clock and ramp) and node 10 board.
Zip ties were too tight throughout the underside of playfield, cut those free.
Still undiagnosed issue.

Damn

#11 1 year ago

add photos if you have them.I know a lot of posts have already been made in the Rush thread but if we get some kind of count we can have an idea how widespread this may be.
604 Pinsiders have a Rush prem/LE
327 LEs
277 premiums
What % have node 10 problems or bad wiring harness ?Lets find out.

#12 1 year ago

Premium model - failure at 985

Plays: 985
Serial: 338108C
Build Date: June 23, 2022
Balls Played: 1974
Power on Time: 1373 hours
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13 1 year ago

LE #679
Build date 2/15/2022
1100 plays as of 1/4/2023
No node 10 problems.

#14 1 year ago

LE# 829
Build date: 2/14/22
525 plays
Software 1.02

No issues (aside from the SD card that crapped out in the middle of a game today and required replacement).

Zip ties were tight but not to the extent of causing sheath damage. Zip ties have been cut off and replaced.

A pin inside the ramp connector at Node 10 was not seated properly and loose. The pin was reinserted and properly seated.

92472799-0D3A-4C3A-B0C2-554F9B388E25 (resized).jpeg92472799-0D3A-4C3A-B0C2-554F9B388E25 (resized).jpeg

#15 1 year ago

I hate to admit it-

Premium
Picked up March 19th. Notified it was ready March 17th
So build date must have been a few days prior
Still sitting new in box. No space to set it up.
Been trying to acquire a node board for the future just in case.

#16 1 year ago

LE
Build Date 2/09/2022
Plays 825
Total balls 2368

Cooked node 10 board

#17 1 year ago

LE
Build date 2/10/22
Total plays - 376
Total balls played - 1192
No node 10 issues

Zip ties on clock and ramp stepper wire harnesses not overly tight.

I set the shaker motor weights at 90 degrees to tone down the shaking a little. I did this mainly because I prefer less shaking effects.

Complete speculation on my part, but excessive shaker motor shaking of tightly bound zip ties on wire harnesses could make the wires weaken more over time.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Premium model - failure at 985
Plays: 985
Serial: 338108C
Build Date: June 23, 2022
Balls Played: 1974
Power on Time: 1373 hours
[quoted image]

is it just the angle of this photo or do both of the black (ground) wires leading to the node 10 board look like they are not seated all of the way into the molex connector?

#19 1 year ago

Rush Le
Built Feb 17, 2022
Estimated 500 plays
Node 10 failure

#20 1 year ago

Premium
Build date July
Failure at around 400 plays.
Clearly went thermonuclear.

0A22BE31-D51A-488E-B5E1-234BD629DE46 (resized).jpeg0A22BE31-D51A-488E-B5E1-234BD629DE46 (resized).jpeg3A4961EE-045E-4215-9AFC-3D3073CF583C (resized).jpeg3A4961EE-045E-4215-9AFC-3D3073CF583C (resized).jpegA0D95446-FFD5-427A-93DA-B134B6E0555C (resized).jpegA0D95446-FFD5-427A-93DA-B134B6E0555C (resized).jpegAA327907-91D6-475B-98EA-BEB10468EFBC (resized).jpegAA327907-91D6-475B-98EA-BEB10468EFBC (resized).jpeg
#21 1 year ago

It might be helpful to include the software versions your machine is running. Although the root problem is hardware related, Stern has pushed several software fixes over the past 3-4 months to hopefully lessen the chance a failure will occur.

#22 1 year ago

Premium
Build date March 1 2022
484 total plays as of Jan 5 2022
No node board failures

#23 1 year ago

I have a Premium
Build date June 23 2022
970 total plays as of Jan 5 2022
No node board failures

#24 1 year ago

Premium
Build date April 26 2022
598 total plays as of Jan 5 2023
No node board failures

#25 1 year ago

LE (#604)
Build date Feb 9, 2022
1,186 plays as of Jan 5, 2023
No node board failures

#26 1 year ago

I just opened my July 22 build Premium last week, so my data is irrelevant, I would think. No failures though.

Inspection time!

It was nice finding the other fixes already installed, I must say.

Added 14 months ago:

D'oh, faulty memory. July 1, not 22.

#27 1 year ago

Geez! A quick glance at the poll results so far…looks to be a 30% failure rate! Not good!

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Geez! A quick glance at the poll results so far…looks to be a 30% failure rate! Not good!

Don't go there... yet. This is a very small data set and would think that there are many more LE/Prem buyers to yet hear from: Those with and those many more hopefully, without node10 issues. "please stand by" as our old 4 channel TV's used to say...

#29 1 year ago

Well my third node 10 board crapped out. Had drum clock disconnected this time around so the issue is with the ramp motor/wires. Got about 30 plays on this one.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Well my third node 10 board crapped out. Had drum clock disconnected this time around so the issue is with the ramp motor/wires. Got about 30 plays on this one.

Thats got to be frustrating,maybe shipping a new Node 10 Board and Wiring for that part of the Machine would solve Your problem.Certainly cheaper than a replacement Machine.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I thought having the drum clock disconnected was not recommended. Is this something Stern told you to try?

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

I thought having the drum clock disconnected was not recommended. Is this something Stern told you to try?

Yes

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Quoted from Minnpin65:

Don't go there... yet. This is a very small data set and would think that there are many more LE/Prem buyers to yet hear from: Those with and those many more hopefully, without node10 issues. "please stand by" as our old 4 channel TV's used to say...

Agreed with zebpin61 that it's too early to tell. It seems many pinsiders would rather report bad news than good. I'm a RUSH Pro owner, but just throwing in a quick comment to praise this thread and give it a bump.

#34 1 year ago

Hopefully this issue will get solved,meanwhile Rush is a great Machine with a lot to do.We need to figure this out because Im keeping Mine .

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

It's ok to unplug either/both motors and then power up the machine without them connected. The issue is having them become disconnected while the power is on. You get an inductive voltage spike (think spark plug in an engine) back through the chip if the connection opens up with the power on, which blows the driver chip.

#36 1 year ago

My dealer told me similar. Try it with only the ramp or clock first.. to isolate the problem if the node 10 fry’s again. I played for 2 weeks with ramp only, then added the clock later. So far the node 10 board is holding. If i get bored, im going to inspect the wiring like everyone else is doing though

#38 1 year ago

LE #615

Build date Feb 3, 2022

Node 10 board failure after around 900 games.

No mods installed on the electric part of the pin (only esthetic mods).

#39 1 year ago

I wonder how this will ever get fixed. If the issue is caused by intermittent power loss to the board because of either bad connectors/pins or zip tied wiring that causes fraying, not much stern can really do. Seems like it will be up to each owner to inspect their connectors and wiring and fix on their own. Stern can send out new boards, but the board itself isn’t the issue unless they can figure out a way to manufacture boards that won’t blow if there is power loss. That still doesn’t fix the underlying issue of power loss. Hopefully new batches of games will resolve the issue.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I wonder how this will ever get fixed. If the issue is caused by intermittent power loss to the board because of either bad connectors/pins or zip tied wiring that causes fraying, not much stern can really do. Seems like it will be up to each owner to inspect their connectors and wiring and fix on their own. Stern can send out new boards, but the board itself isn’t the issue unless they can figure out a way to manufacture boards that won’t blow if there is power loss. That still doesn’t fix the underlying issue of power loss. Hopefully new batches of games will resolve the issue.

So. If it is the cables running to the clock and ramp, wouldn't running new wiring from them to a new replacement board fix the issue since the damage appears to be related to these devices?

#41 1 year ago

Rush premium. Build date 3-1-22. 310 total plays. Latest software. No problems with node boards yet! I hope I don’t have any problems, I love this game! Mìke

#42 1 year ago

Rush LE
Node 10 dead within first month
Replaced March 2022 no problems since

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

So. If it is the cables running to the clock and ramp, wouldn't running new wiring from them to a new replacement board fix the issue since the damage appears to be related to these devices?

I think so, but how many people are capable of doing that? Maybe stern will have to cover the cost of a service visit.

Sending out node boards doesn’t seem like a good idea. We’ve already seen a few posts where the board has blown a second time.

#44 1 year ago

Stern could send a cable harness with node board with correct connectors and wiring

#45 1 year ago

I would also like to mention that when one of the node 10 boards decided to quit, it actually left a burn mark on the underside of the wooden playfield. In the future I will play with a fire extinguisher next to the game. This machine actually scares me.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Stern could send a cable harness with node board with correct connectors and wiring

They won't tho until they have a definite fix. Not cost effective to send out thousands of parts, and I'll bet they will do it case by case when they do, not a universal send out

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

They won't tho until they hsve a definite fix. Not cost effective to send out thousands of parts, and I'll bet they will do it case by case when they do, not a universal send out

Yes I would think only to people who have blown Boards and those with photos of damaged wiring

#48 1 year ago

Got a Rush ramp motor assembly, multi-stepper controller board (node 10) and harness from node 10 to ramp motor on warranty order. Could be a decent wait for all three to get to me, but at least Stern is trying to figure out the issue. I want to thank our fellow pinsider for starting this thread because it did grab their attention. Yes, Stern knows/knew about the issue, but this thread really paints a face on the issue.

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

In the future I will play with a fire extinguisher next to the game.

Or just put a 'Fire' pinball right next to it... to have the firemen handy... Hehe.

Seriously.

I sold a half a dozen Rush Premiums, and node 10 hasn't failed on any of these. I had two SD card failures, all the scoop protector issues (though all my machines had the switch below the scoop already replaced/fixed). I had a lot of little mechanical things (loose screws, mostly.) I had lots of blue rubber issues, a couple of broken wires, several customers that I put a magnetic switch (thanks MMR!) to keep the ball registering on the fast loop, but no replacement node boards on these.

6 Rush Premiums, two Rush Pro, no Node 10 failure.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

I sold a half a dozen Rush Premiums, and node 10 hasn't failed on any of these.

Thank you for the post. Please vote in the poll if you have not done so already.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com
Unisex
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Attleboro, MA
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
9,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
$ 35.00
Rubber/Silicone
NinjaCamp Mods
Rubber/Silicone
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-node-board-10-issues-and-non-issues-list and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.