(Topic ID: 307587)

RUSH - Mods and Toys; what are you hoping for, and/or who's making an offering?

By Rodent

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,385 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg
TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg
20230811_102954 (resized).jpg
Rush-Pinball-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Stern-Pinball-Rush-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Rush-Pinball-Owl-Shooter-Rod.jpg
TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
TopperCleanup (resized).jpg
IMG_1839D (resized).JPG
IMG_1862D (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859D (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA874350-BCBF-471C-AEAE-8415DD964D00 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lateralus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

...wiping off the egg that's on my face!!
Well, apparently my counting skills are NOT what they used to be, must be due to listening to too much Granddad rock!!
As Pinball-Ike pointed out there are 6 (not 5) red flasher domes on the RUSH pinball machine.........
So, the numeral 3 is back in the set of now 6 covers, as it should be as it was featured that way on the Time Machine tour cover.
Everybody that preordered the set as a set of 5 will receive the full set of 6!! On me, my screw-up!!
I have updated the Pinside ad, so we should be good going forward!
Sorry about the confusion I caused!!

These look great! Thank you!

1 week later
#227 2 years ago
Quoted from SteelNation:

Here is the first mockup of the mods I’ve been working on. Being a life long Rush fan, when I ordered this game I knew I had to have Geddy’s washing machines in it somewhere. After first starting with the traditional laundromat washers, I switched designs to tie into their Time Machine tour backstage to match the game and steam punk theme. I also love the design of Alex’s custom amps so I had to make those to match.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
These are custom modeled in high detail, resin printed and hand painted with clear resin washer door glass. I plan on adjusting the final color to match the machine art once mine arrives. The final version will be airbrushed for the best finish with hand painted patina.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
The plan is for these to go in the upper left and right corners (stage left and stage right). I’ve shown them in my MET for some idea.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Final size, location and attachment will be refined again once the game arrives. There may also be a few other places these could go in the game.
I am also considering making these larger and making a topper with lighting.
I'm not currently taking pre-orders on these right now until I can finalize the designs and fit. I will add names to an ‘interested’ list for now. Send me a reply or a PM.

I like these. Nice work man. I look forward to seeing them for an LE

#280 2 years ago

This thread is fantastic!

Not sure what everyone else is doing, but since there are 6 flasher domes, I was thinking that 6 of those gear, steam punk dome covers would look a bit much on an LE (maybe not, possibly, just initial thought).

So, I was thinking of getting:

The dalmatian and hydrant mod (1)
Roll the bones dice covers at the slings (2)
And 3 of the gear dome covers (3)

Anyone else doing this, or are just waiting to see what else pops up? I think even if leaving it stock would look great, but you know how this goes; just too excited and buying shit ahead of time!

1 week later
#360 2 years ago
Quoted from Mookie:

Who makes the best balls ?
Are Titans the best?
Looking for Titanium or smoked out super chrome premium balls for my LE.
I hear rumour the factory Stern balls are not so superb and change em out asap.
Thanks

I prefer the Ninja balls from Ball Baron, myself.

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

At risk of taking a fork, what is the difference with ball manufacturers? Is there a difference? Last time around I got a bag of these and they seem fine. But I could be doing a bad thing… (20 Pieces) PGN - 1-1/16" Inch... amazon.com link »

I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. I just asked other pinball experts and they mostly considered his to be the best. Also, his service is world class.

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Rush will be sounding better this weekend
[quoted image]

Is that the speaker harness from pinsound? Are you going to be using Bluetooth to an amp like one of those other posts did in another thread?

I hope that works great for you! I'm curious how that will sound.

I was actually considering going the Pinwoofer route and splurging excessively for it because I'm getting a Rush LE and using a Klipsch sub. For this machine, I'm going all out, dude! I don't even care lol.

If someone suggests a better route, I'm all ears! (Kinda pun intended... Sorry)

1 week later
#451 2 years ago

I see the Klipsch 12" Sub is at a heavy discount on Amazon. Will take a month to get it, but it's much cheaper than the other prices I've seen. Just in case anyone was interested, I happened to come across it today:

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R-12SW-Subwoofer/dp/B00MJ1YR8Y

#452 2 years ago

This is probably a long shot since this is so new, but has anyone monitored the temperature of the flippers for this pin on location or at home? Just curious how it holds up since Stern's flipper temps seem to vary so dramatically on titles. Star Wars? Not a problem. Stranger Things? Very hot.

Maybe PinMonk has tested it already? Maybe?

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My LE will be here this week, and temp testing is the first order of business. From the ones already out, it seems to be a moderate heat title somewhere between Star Wars and Stranger Things, and you have to play it a while to feel fade. I should have some preliminary temps by early next week.

Right on, man. Thank you for that. I look forward to it.

Grats on your LE! Mine should've been here on Friday, but will be here tomorrow!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#546 2 years ago

PinMonk Hope you're enjoying your LE, man. Have you ran the flipper temps on this one yet? I'm just curious what you may have found.

#549 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

First things first, had to replace the power supply fan and check the fit of the owl eye light bleed blocker. That's done, so I installed the bracket that holds the temp displays tonight and will probably temp test Fri or Sat. Just based on playing it, I expect it to be in the Mild to Moderate category, but we'll see.
EDIT: Okay. Sneaked over there and hooked up the probes and displays and played a short game. With just a 10 minute game, it was clear the lower right flipper gets hotter faster (with my play style, at least), but it's a slow build like TMNT, at least in the early going. Upper right and lower left are about the same. I won't have time to do a full 2 hour test until tomorrow night or Saturday.

You're the man. I look forward to hearing what you've discovered!

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Putting the final touches on my Rush topper.

Wow. That is really cool, man. Nice work!

#656 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This is something I've been working on to replace the factory LEDs on the time machine. It's taken a lot of work and design changes to get to this point. This is still a working prototype though, I should have the proper color LEDs in this week. I hope to make these available soon.
Comments?

I dig those as well, man!

1 week later
#749 2 years ago

So, what is the consensus on the scoop protector from everyone? Are you going with Ninja, Cliffy, or Stern? Or all 3?

I was considering going with the black Ninja Full protection for my LE, and then all of Cliffy's other parts when they're ready. I really like how Ninja's protector looks. Anyone have it yet that can attest to how it holds up?

#751 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No one can say how it will hold up long term because the longest install is only weeks long.

Right. Their Rick and Morty protector was successful, right? I don't know too much about it and just started looking at them recently, so sorry if this is an old conversation about it. Just looking at some things after work, ya know.

4 weeks later
#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

I added the set of fluorescent protectors to my cart, and about paid, then I saw your comment here. If you add the 5th piece to the set, please update the thread, as I'll buy it. I'd hate to buy the 4 piece, and then come bother you again for the 5th Beatle....I mean protector, lol.

I second that. I would be interested in that piece and set as well

9 months later
#1309 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Not installed yet, but bumping for an awesome seller and mod J-drum11
Nice little piece, for those familiar with the RtB video/concert video, a great addition.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool, but not for $165 holy f...

IMHO

#1317 1 year ago

I guess everyone missed when I said "IMHO". I understand all the points you are saying, I really do, but that's my opinion. That's it. Thanks for the enlightenment, nonetheless.

In My Honest Opinion.

#1318 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I understand I would question it myself but,you find out when you get involved doing this stuff.
Unfortunately, I’m not Amazon nor do I have a cheap assembly line, making these for me. these are individually made .
packing materials , and gathering the materials to make these take time and cost money.
Unfortunately,Putting the item together takes more time than I thought.
Pinside takes a percentage off the top. Stipe takes a percentage for handling the money and orders also.‍♂️
Still trying to find the materials at a lower cost. Unfortunately, when they are shipped to me, the quality is very bad.
Huge rush, fan of over 40 years seen them 26 times and had a conversation with Geddy Lee. it’s pretty cool to know that something I originally just made for myself is ending up in other peoples machines.

That's great, man. You do you. 26 times is freggin RAD. That's about how many times I've seen Tool, and if this was a Tool pin, I'd be doing all kinds of shit too most likely. Wasn't trying to bring you down, just stating my opinion on the price regardless of the situation. Seems like you're selling them, so that's bad ass for you and I sincerely wish you the best.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 300.00
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 430.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lateralus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it?tu=lateralus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.