(Topic ID: 307587)

RUSH - Mods and Toys; what are you hoping for, and/or who's making an offering?

By Rodent

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,385 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg
TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg
20230811_102954 (resized).jpg
Rush-Pinball-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Stern-Pinball-Rush-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Rush-Pinball-Owl-Shooter-Rod.jpg
TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
TopperCleanup (resized).jpg
IMG_1839D (resized).JPG
IMG_1862D (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859D (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA874350-BCBF-471C-AEAE-8415DD964D00 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Here's what I was thinking for the Presto mod ... this one is a rough draft -- the final would have a lobe to attach at the screw hole, and cleaner post-processing (e.g., some sanding to smooth out the brim) & color/touchup. Let me know if anyone would be interested in this, in which case I'll keep working on it. This could replace the flasher dome at any of the six locations, except maybe the lower one along the left wall (don't know the height of the plastic above it yet), but would probably look best either by the pop bumpers or at either location on along the right ramp.

Could certainly print the rabbit in a flat white also, if you didn't want to put it over a flasher; could go pretty much anywhere else where there's a screw to attach it.
I did have one other Presto mod idea, but really need the machine in hand before I can explore that. So in the meantime, consider this version and let me know what you think.

Awesome

We definitely need some of these machines out there to get more modes.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Just make your own translites. Plan to frame these. Still trying to find a good image of the premium.
[quoted image]

Are you planning to sell these?

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I bought the Stern Dust Cover and floor mat. The patch Screams for a vintage Jean Jacket but I'm far past those days haha

I did the same, Stern cover just arrived today- Stern accessories are pretty nice.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

This might be my Rush topper! I did for KISS and pretty much adds a real concert lightshow to you pin. Looks like you can pick up a pair of these on Amazon for well under $200.

Something to consider for sure. I wish they were a little smaller in size. Don't have much clearance in my basement.

1 week later
#274 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Is it my imagination or has the price already shot up on some of these mods?

I think the dalmatian and hydrant went up $10-15

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Concert ticket mod looks great and will work on top of the Wizard speaker panel mod as well. Will update photo once it arrives.

Nice! Is it a magnet?

I'm absolutely loving the game so far (1 night). How are you liking so far?

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Nice! Is it a magnet?
I'm absolutely loving the game so far (1 night). How are you liking so far?

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Some new Rush products on the Retro Refurbs website. Really like the album cover side blades. Not really looking to spend $500US on interactive sideblades:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Alternate translite looks fantastic - tempting

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Ok so I ran a few more last night and here they are all together -- full grass, full steel, full hybrid, trimmed steel, and trimmed hybrid. Let me know your thoughts, though now that I've created the models / print codes, no reason I couldn't just make them all available.
[quoted image]
See my previous posts for pics on the full grass and full steel. Here are the pics with the new types:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think the silver/gray will blend better - there is little dark green on the playfied.

Look forward to getting!

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Let me know if you want to split an order. Likely ordering a couple of the side blades. Thanks.

Split shipping you mean, is it cheaper?

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Yah, 25 Euro for one item, 30 for three.

Still need one more victim!

Let me think about it for a day or two - I feel like I'm jumping on too many mods LOL.

#343 2 years ago

How much is the rabbit? I didn't see that pre-order?

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I hadn't set that one up for pre-order yet because I wanted to get a little further with it, plus I assumed a bunch of folks might want both Presto and Signals, and sorting out the shipping with two separate pre-orders was going to be a mess, lol. I'll make a note on my tracker sheet that you're interested in Presto, and we can settle up when both are ready.
I'm trying to keep the rabbit around $35-$40, gotta see how long the final version takes to print. Two separate pieces to print, post-processing on the hat to remove support edges and paint the top surface, details on the rabbit (eyes/ears/mouth), and assembly.

Would be interested if I can combine with my hydrant and start button.

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I make the ticket magnets. I picked the ticket I did because it was very clean and the colors went with all of the three versions of the game but especially with the LE. I have a customer who is working on possibly being able to customize the tickets with a template. If so, there is a possibility to print them as custom decals instead of magnets. If you have a scan of a particular ticket, I may be able to do something for you too...

I have a 2012 ticket from a show I went to.

Assuming a decal be perfectly sized to fit the same spot?

#378 2 years ago

Rush will be sounding better this weekend
20220218_182554 (resized).jpg20220218_182554 (resized).jpg

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I think you need to use a separate amp with this connector or it won't really improve the sound quality from the existing speaker. That is my understanding with this connector.

Quoted from Lateralus:

Is that the speaker harness from pinsound? Are you going to be using Bluetooth to an amp like one of those other posts did in another thread?
I hope that works great for you! I'm curious how that will sound.
I was actually considering going the Pinwoofer route and splurging excessively for it because I'm getting a Rush LE and using a Klipsch sub. For this machine, I'm going all out, dude! I don't even care lol.
If someone suggests a better route, I'm all ears! (Kinda pun intended... Sorry)

I'm only hooking up a subwoofer for now, forgot to bring it home from the office.

I may replace or add speakers, that's another day.

#400 2 years ago

Couldn't decide so I went hybrid LOL and I had to add the Presto mod too for my daughter.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Got some Bones installed on the slingshots of my LE. Pics attached show them off/on with the room lighting off/on, as well as a link to a quick video of them. They are available in my Pinside store:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods/05787-rush-roll-the-bones-flasher-dome-replacement-set

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dice look great!

I'm going to add my Presto and Signals mods first and see how it looks. I don't want the playfield to get to busy and cluttered.

#422 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

made the ticket as large as I can go. I think I like this better. thoughts?
[quoted image]
the vinyl sticker material should arrive tomorrow. I waited to longer yesterday before ordering

Well done John!

#428 2 years ago

Amazing you have those. I was only able to find my stubs from the 2000's. I know I kept them but just can't find the older ones.

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

We need a spinning “Neil” drum set and the Dragon from “ one little victory
Also I wish the time machine numbers
Spun for different songs or certain things
When ball goes into ramp

Definitely need a Drum mod of some kind.

Even though there are no Counterparts songs I would still like and nut and bolt mod too.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

ok, I lied. I said that I wouldn't post these again until I was ready to sell them, but since the magnetic strips will not arrive until next week (at the earliest) and amazon destroyed the vinyl decal sheets that I received today, I spent some time modifying the layouts just a bit more.
I think that like the 2112 starman, I will make all of the iconography 2-colors (still trying to figure out what I want to do there). additionally, if I can find icon imagery that I like, I will make use of it and offer it up.
for now, here's the latest:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
edit:
updated tickets with color choices so far

Like the grace under pressure and counterparts updated tickets.

Decisions...

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

First wave of Signals & Presto mods will be going out soon ... lots more to come. Further progress on the Red Barchetta mod planned for mid March.
[quoted image]
Also, finally got around to using stuff from that collectibles kit -- put on my keychain, used double sided tape to stick the patch on the cup holder, and used that cool metallic sticker on my scoreboard.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Look forward to getting these!!

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Lots of cool mods for RUSH. www.modfatherpinball.com shop by game. Shooters, PinCups and other various mods... Chuck

Do you ship to Canada?

Also - any photos of where the drumkits go in the playfield? THX!

#493 2 years ago

Is anyone doing Rush apron cards yet?

My pro has an ugly red IC card on the right, needs to go.

Rush-Pro-Details-Strobe-001-adga-scaled (resized).jpgRush-Pro-Details-Strobe-001-adga-scaled (resized).jpg
#504 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Not sure but Wizardmod.com has some Rush magnetic apron covers for sale... one for each model. They look great and cover all the bad looking stuff.[quoted image]

Quoted from Apollo18:

I’m covering any and all ICs
Not interested.
For the Pro I’d go full WizApron covering the IC
I’m going to order the Premium Apron myself to cover the IC. was on the fence about it until this week. Now I know for certain. Don’t want it.
Couldnt care less about the “achievements”
I’ll do the “achievements” by playing the game and practicing shots/combos. Don’t need the $200 IC to give me a badge for the “achievements” and declare to the IC world that I’ve done them.
Just no value to ME. To each their own.
Just my 2 cents on the IC subject.

[quoted image]

I definitely want my IC so I just want a card. I hope someone makes some.

#508 2 years ago

I saw those but 2 issues. I couldn't figure out that program to resize and I don't have a decent printer....

Anyone handy that way? I'm happy to pay for supplies, times and shipping.

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I usually just convert the file so it is 4x6 inches using a free program called GIMP. That way I can print it at any online photo printer as a standard cheap 4x6 photo and cut it down to size. There are a ton of cards, so tell me which slide numbers from that post you like best and I will post them here in a format that can be printed for 25 cents at Walgreens or any photo printer.

Slides 12,13, and 19 all awesome - thank you for offering!

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK here are those three. I uploaded them without scaling, so you should be able to click on them, download and save. I've been meaning to make a video showing how to do this, but I have to set up my new PC for recording still. Here it is in a nutshell using a freeware program called GIMP. Download and install GIMP; I think there is even a version for mac these days. It has a lot of the same functions as photoshop, but at a much better price!
Basically you open the file and "scale image" to the proper size. In this case 3 x 5.5 inches for a Stern card. I usually go a little smaller say 2.9 x 5.4 inches and make it 300dpi in the same menu. Then go into "canvas size", set the canvas size to 4 x 6 inches, click "center", fill with white and hit resize. At this point you export as a .jpg or .png preferably with no compression and it should be ready to print.
When you print at home or online/CVS/Walgreens etc, be sure to print in original size, no scaling, edge to edge (borderless). It will print with a white boarder around the card and you just need to cut it out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you, I appreciate it! I will try and get these printed somewhere on cards.

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Had Mr_Tantrum make these for me. My favourite album so wanted it represented somewhere. Was able to match the border nicely.
[quoted image]

Beautiful. I would love to get one, possibe to order?

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks guys! .....and they are gone!

Oh crap I missed out

#531 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Had Mr_Tantrum make these for me. My favourite album so wanted it represented somewhere. Was able to match the border nicely.
[quoted image]

Beautiful. I would love to get one.

#535 2 years ago

I'm looking for apron card but thank you!

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I'm looking for apron card but thank you!

Well done. Will get something done when back from vacation.

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not sure if I like the music notes, they are copper colored tho and match well. Covered up the dumb insider light as well.

Quoted from Apollo18:

I just saw this posted on GZ thread.
THIS is what I want for the IC
Anyone know what, where and how??
It looks like a colour printed on regular printer paper and cut to size… Regardless, looks great
[quoted image]

These things are very cool.

I'm conflicted though as I'm liking the IC also.

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Card printed up for my Pro…
[quoted image]

Looks great

#575 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Putting the final touches on my Rush topper.

I would totally buy that!

#584 2 years ago

Quoted from Photopin:Well ...it is one of a kind so I guess I'd need to charge $2000

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Is it possible to over-mod a game? I mean putting in so many extra goodies that the machi e starts to look like one of those claw machines. I bought a couple mods but I am beginning to think it is too much.

I've ordered the Signals and Presto mods for now and will wait after that. I definitely don't like clutter and I have some pins over the years that look like a yard sale. Definitely want to keep it fairly clean.

#651 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Overkill or looks good? Thanks.
[quoted image]

Not my thing as I prefer the black but I have a couple of buddies that love them.

Just do what you like. Can't please everyone.

#661 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I know this one will be ripped off!
My Hold your fire “prototype” mod
Looks incredible in person
3 red hold your fire balls floating
Not the finished product yet.
What do you think anyone interested?
[quoted image]

May have an interest. I want to go slow on the mods so installing the first 2 next week and go from there.

I'm scared to clutter up the playfield.

#699 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

New in my Pinside shop:
From the (not-so) brilliant mind of Slobovich, Music Agent for RASH, comes the world's greatest musical invention: The GeFilter!!! A wondrous Time Machine to transport your musicians across the spectrum of Time!!!
The GeFilter plate is multi-color 3D printed and backed with magnetic strips for easy mounting and removal.
Two versions are available: Standard and LE.
The Standard version features the GeFilter logo on a black backing plate.
The LE version can be personalized to match the number for your RUSH LE pinball. Once your order for an LE version is placed I will reach out and contact you to get your desired number. Then your LE version will be custom made. Due to the custom versions being made to order please allow a few days for these to ship.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods/06609-rush-gefilter-plate-standard-or-le[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ordered today.. Can't wait to get it!

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from ejthedj:

Check out my RUSH man cave!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love your space. I don't have that.

I will probably do something when my son goes to school in the fall.

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Just received the dog and fire hydrant mod. Very high quality! Thanks RocketCity!

My Signals mod broke in the mail but they are sending a replacement which is awesome.

I did install the other 2 mods though.

20220321_190651 (resized).jpg20220321_190651 (resized).jpg20220321_210823 (resized).jpg20220321_210823 (resized).jpg

#730 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Just ordered the Presto mod as well.

Presto mod is a must IMO.

My daughter loves it.

#734 2 years ago
Quoted from the_carmanizer:

My first ever mod creations! Ticket was from my first Rush concert at Maple Leaf Gardens - Farewell to Kings tour.
[quoted image]

Very nice.

My ticket mod is coming (from a Hamilton show)

#762 2 years ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Gotta admit the GeFilter is legit leaflet!!
[quoted image]

Can't wait to get mine

No brainer add for the Rush pin!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#763 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a Rush Banner? Still trying to track one down with very little luck.

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg

#778 2 years ago
Quoted from usafstars:

I bought mine from Tim.
He's in Massachusetts really nice guy. Shipped it to me via Fedex. He can get 5' and 7'.

Thank you.. Will do

Quoted from Kez11:

I'm currently reaching out to everyone I can think of for a banner. Still waiting.
I see two sold on ebay for relatively little money (YMMV) earlier in the year, but nothing has come up in the past three or four weeks. So we're fighting for the few in existence!

Let me know if you hear anything. Thx.

#788 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Thank you for the lead on the car - exactly what I was looking for. [quoted image]

Awesome. What did you use to mount?

I want a red Corvette though. I'm a huge fan and I know Neil had one of those also.

#789 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

All of the Pros and Premiums on the TPF show floor have the blue sandwich protectors. There have to be at least a dozen of them. JJ from GEX has a Premium in his suite that just has the forks. Not sure if these are being put on at the factory yet. Of course, the factory has shifted to other titles now so it doesn’t really matter until the next run.
I hear that Rush is in the Wizards tournament - curious how they toughened it up for tournament play.

I saw the blue padded protectors on live stream last night. So wish I was there...

Screenshot_20220326-001953_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220326-001953_Facebook (resized).jpg
#793 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

All the cars in his collection ( except the Shelby ) were silver. He had some nice examples.
[quoted image]

He certainly did. Need to find a red Corvette Barchetta.

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just a little square of 3m Velcro.

Perfect thx

#799 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Please keep posted on how it holds up
Maybe pics every few days/games etc
Looks really thin. Which is great if it holds up.
Must be really durable material

Hope it holds up..

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Protectors now installed. This is a very supple material and super thin. It fits so smooth, time will tell. I’ll keep the thread posted as I get some games on it.
Thanks Aniraf for the speedy delivery and helping the community protect what should have been done correctly in the first place.

I may have to order. My Pro protector is trashed. Ball is getting stuck regularly. Can't bend it back anymore..

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from usafstars:

6 games so far. This thing is smooth. Center scoop was much easier to hit, about 75% less bounce outs now. Plenty of sloppy side scoop entries, but I’m way Ok with that. No ball deflection when rolling over lip, kept ball on original trajectory. Really watched it while wife was playing and didn’t see any lifting of edges at all no matter how the ball hit it.

Install fairly straight forward?

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from usafstars:

I bought mine from Tim at:
[quoted image]
He's in Massachusetts really nice guy. Shipped it to me via Fedex. He can get 5' and 7'.

Tim didn't get me one yet, I thanked him for looking.

I did manage to get at Flipnout Pinball.

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

That cover has got to go! Find an image you like and order a fleece blanket from Collage.com.
https://www.collage.com/v/216277930.1grpgvenvk
[quoted image]

Nice! I decided on an OEM Stern cover.

20220329_183709 (resized).jpg20220329_183709 (resized).jpg
#834 2 years ago

Big thanks to J_M_ for the magnetic ticket reproduction of my Time Machine tour stub. Looks so much better than the insider instructions!

20220330_213304 (resized).jpg20220330_213304 (resized).jpg
#849 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Does Marcos give you a banner when you order the game through them?

Flipnout still has some banners - $125 + shipping

Quoted from swampfire:

I’m not crazy about the skeleton, but I love the dice, are those standard size?

Skeleton is the best part!

#861 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Well, that is typically the kind of mods we make, those that are illuminated and, where possible, interactive, and that also blend into the theme (disco ball, wonkavator, Thor hammer, IM plane, etc). We have a few planned, but without a game, I’m not willing to release or show anything. Also, playing the game helps me better understand what might or might not work. Stern has been very slow to release games. We typically buy pros because they need the most modding work and stern sells more of them. For rush, stern produced less pros than normal in the first batch. I’m told to expect a game this month and then it will be a few weeks before I can show and start to offer mods.

Excited to see what you will have.

I'm leaving some spots open for future mods.

#876 2 years ago

Nice set if anyone is looking for a banner / poster

ebay.com link: itm

#889 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Going to give these a try
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

I ordered these also

#902 2 years ago
Quoted from sscharf:

How 'bout the girl on Permanent Waves?
[quoted image]

Yup!

#906 2 years ago

Loving all these Rush mods - so good!

#909 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

As a fan that was mostly into 2112, Hemispheres, don’t get all these washing machine, henhouse references I must be missing something.

tampa (resized).jpegtampa (resized).jpeg
#980 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here's the revised clock face with an added gear decal and different second hand. Rear mount has been added and symbols are aligned as numbers on a clock would be. This proto is going out to a tester tomorrow and if all goes well, these should be available by the weekend or early next week. There’s some red paint where the drum ring meets the drum, that won’t be there in the production version.
Might be hard to tell, but it's probably one of the nicest and most intricate mods we've made.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!

#996 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Easter bunnies going to pay a visit to the houses of more folks who have been patiently waiting!
[quoted image]

My daughters favorite pinball mod

#998 2 years ago

Rush banner finally made it!

20220416_223343 (resized).jpg20220416_223343 (resized).jpg
#1001 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Looking for 2 Rush banners. I was waiting on my distro to get them and they never did. So much for loyalty.

Hard to find and a couple of sellers wanted $200++. Got from Flipnout.

Also orderd a Stern Army banner from Etsy.

#1007 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Holy crap, that etsy guy's prices are crazy. $250 for a "handmade" official Stern art game banner?
I'd ask around. You should be able to get the real deal at any decent-size distributor for a lot less.

Oh I did. Flipnout sold me one for $125+shipping. Thanks!

#1009 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

Showing off the current doll-house.
Loving the red Barchetta (recently added)!

Very nice!!

I'm looking very similar with my pro

20220411_181518 (resized).jpg20220411_181518 (resized).jpg20220411_221158 (resized).jpg20220411_221158 (resized).jpg

#1012 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Hope to have a full mock up tomorrow....possibly in the shop on Friday
[quoted image]

Oh cool!

More things to confuse my non - Rush fan visitors lol.

#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Your game looks great, but I don't understand how you can spend hundreds on mods for your game but leave those ugly zinc fender washers Stern uses on the slingshot plastics installed. Do yourself a favor and invest a few dollars in a set of slingshot protectors, or at least some PETG clear fender washers. Big improvement for a small investment IMHO.

Hundreds? Not really. $22 for the car, $15 for the guitar, $35 for Presto, $50 for Signals dog.

I see what you mean though - where do you buy these washers?

Quoted from Apollo18:

I just LOL’d. Very true.

My friends think I'm nuts. 2 comments last week>> "What the heck is GeFilter" and "Is the rabbit for Easter"?

#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Final version of Henhouse

Should be in the shop later this week [quoted image]

Very cool...

Quoted from drummermike:

Pinball Life and Marco have the clear washers.

I'll take a look thanks

#1029 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

If you are under 6'6 or just don't like standing on your tip-toes to see if the inner loop shot is lit for a combo, record, or mode shot -- Outpost Kodelia and Ninja Camp have a new mod coming soon!
Here is a quick shot of the prototype, we're updating it in real time over at the NinjaCamp mods thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/4#post-6889765)[quoted image]

Great idea. I'm probably in for one!

I am absolutely blown away by the number of mods for Rush. The passion is real and I can see how Gary Stern was convinced to make this machine.

#1046 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Shippsy is an option as well, $7CDN from Niagara Falls NY to Markham/Mississauga depots for pickup.

London ON and Vancouver also!

#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I think that is perfect placement!!!

Yep. Could be a winner.

#1074 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

"You dang guys" is just a one family operation -- myself, my wife (shipping dept & idea bouncer-offer), my daughter (idea comer-upper and occasional 3D modeling assistant), and my son (installer-helper and post-installation game tester lol).
But we do greatly appreciate it!!

Keep up the good work and service. Get lots of compliments on your mods.

#1106 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Slowly getting there. Thanks to my darling wife for helping me do a good chunk of the painting for this prototype. Havent had much time so gave her a few drums and had her play with color variations, this one is our favorite so far. Havent found a good clock mechanism yet, so just place a couple of screws to get an idea of the face. The initial design was a snare drum, but might modify it a bit to make it a bass drum. TBD on that
The hardest part is getting a vibrant chrome gold. We've gone through 7 gold acrylics and waiting on a couple more to come in.

Well done! That looks really good.

Quoted from upsfeedr:

Looks great put me in your list. Crazy all the Mods for this Game.

I think it speaks volumes that Rush fans are so into this pin like no other I can remember. It's definitely a special band and special machine to me.

#1115 1 year ago

Looks great for the LEs

Im stil loving my original on my Pro. Always getting compliments on it.

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ok, we are now ready to reveal our next mod for Rush. Our illuminated and interactive Fly-by-Night owl. This owl will be interactive with the "hoot again" lights between the flippers so when they light, the owls eyes will light. My game arrives tomorrow so I just need to work on placement, but I don't forsee this being an issue. His wing span is around 5".

Would be interested to see placement for sure. Post when you can.

Great job though!!

#1175 1 year ago
Quoted from vtstarman:

Found this gem of a ticket magnet in my mailbox today designed by j_m_ which coincidentally was 2 hours after my distributor called to confirm shipping of my Rush premium. Sadly, I only saw one Rush show live which was at the Capital Centre in Landover, MD (RIP). High school graduation gift from my older brother who first exposed me to Rush with Permanent Waves on cassette in 1980. This ticket reproduction looked so authentic, I had him make me 2. Great guy to work with and perfectly brought back the nostalgia of the moment with Cap Centre logo on the ticket stubs all us NoVA natives remember from the 1970-90s while including details of the show I attended, customized exactly as requested with a font true to the original. Can't wait to see how the looks on my machine.
[quoted image]

Bought mine from j_m_ also. Very happy. Did a great copy of my Time Machine tour ticket.

20220330_213304 (resized).jpg20220330_213304 (resized).jpg
#1177 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Here's mine. Laminated original.
[quoted image]

1978 wow! I was 9.

Awesome.

1 week later
#1204 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

So ... between my posts that I teased back in Post 1056 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/22#post-6894329) and my the gold hardware in my Super Jackpot Cleanup Kit in Post 1179 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/24#post-6916348) .... it really kinda opened Pandora's Box.
With my own artistic love of proper color coordination (colored posts is what started this Rocket City Pinball gig for me in the first place), and some nudging to acknowledge where I already knew this was headed (thanks, but no thanks, but thanks Kez11 ) ... I'm afraid I'm getting carried away but it'll be worth it in the end.
With all the steampunk bronze/copper/gold on the plastics, the silver hardware just sticks out like a sore thumb. As such, I've painstakingly examined, sourced, and ordered all the necessary gold-colored hardware to replace all the silver screws & washers in the game that touch the decorative plastics. Once I have everything in hand and confirm I've got everything right, I'll offer this as a kit.
But it's not just the hardware itself! Looking at the game, and imagining all the gold hardware in place (or seeing some, as I had some alreadly), the next things that really stands out (pin intended) as clashing are the hex spacers, that are holding up some of the plastics and ramps and stuff. So ... again, did I mention Pandora's box? ... I designed and printed Rocket City Pinball's newest thing -- Hex Sleeves to cover up the hex spacers with a more appropriate color! They're designed to simply slide over the hex spacer and hide it inside. These will be available for Rush and for other games too (if you have others you'd like to add color to). I haven't had time to look around (between the day job and evening family time & late night working on these things), so I don't know if anyone else is making things like this, but a quick search I ran just now doesn't yield anything. Might be onto something new here! But anyway --
On Rush at least, almost all of these hex spacers have a washer at their base. To remove the hex spacer though, you need to grab the head of the screw underneath the plastic, and there are several spots where they're not easily accessible. As such, I added a rounded flange to the base of the Hex Sleeves -- this hides the washer so it's not noticeable unless you're looking at it from a very low angle.
I'm printing these in the same antique brass color as the posts. Here's a teaser photo of what these will look like when installed. You'll also note in this pic that I installed my replacement posts as well as the Hex Sleeves. The Hex Sleeves are shown here with the gold screws/washers installed too.... several others around them (including in the replacement posts) are still silver because I haven't received the new gold hardware yet. So consider this a tease, I'll post more pics when I have all the hardware in hand and continue the swapout!
[quoted image]

Those look very nice!

1 week later
#1215 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Gauging interest. What do you guys think of this shooter rod?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like it. What would the durability of a printed knob be like?

2 weeks later
#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Finally got a chance to put the Henhouse in the shop, you have the option of mounting it in multiple locations to accommodate your game and tastes

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think it looks best over the pop bumpers

#1241 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I like that look too, but if you have the clock, that's not a space. Thinking I'll be trying some sort of backline combo for the dryer and the henhouse. I was hoping it would fit over the super combo jackpot ramp bend (stage right) and dryer over the hemispheres right ramp (stage left), but I'm thinking HH too tall for that space. As a backup, May put both on the right with HH in the lower corner. Excited to get them both!!

Ya I forgot - I have a pro so lots of space.

Quoted from tdiddy:

Cooking some chickens this morning
[quoted image]

Mmmmmm chicken!

2 weeks later
#1251 1 year ago

Dang those look good!

Will probably order soon.

1 month later
#1277 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

In case you missed it from the main Rush thread or the NinjaCamp one...
Speaker light kits that tie in with the expression lighting!
https://vimeo.com/735216088

Wow - what does that go for?

6 months later
#1335 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

What a essential convenience it is to have an accessible volume control outside the cabinet.
I installed this one in the " tournament plug" location and it's a simple solution that looks stock.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1430-pr-mods/07205-stern-pinball-cabinet-volume-switch-for-spike2-games[quoted image]

That is greatness, never seen this before. I already have a full Stern headphone jack / volume control on my Rush but I will get one of these for my GZ for sure.

1 week later
#1340 1 year ago

I have my Red Barchetta there but I hear they are hard to find now... definitely another option for the corner

#1350 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is cool. Ordered.

No Canada shipping

1 week later
#1357 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

isn't that ironic being rush... lol
I'm not sure how to do shipping to canada on pinside. I have it on my etsy shop though, they have canada shipping integrated into their system.
all my stuff is way more expensive on etsy due to fees and stuff so it's listed at $55 there but I'll PM you a $10 off $55 code to make it $45 + shipping.
I'll eat the extra fees for another Rush fan from the country that gave us Rush.
-brian

Thanks for the offer. I appreciate that.

Doesn't look like Etsy is any better.

Screenshot_20230315_220039_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230315_220039_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1361 1 year ago

Ok I'll wait and see what else you have cooking

Thx

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it?tu=kool1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.