(Topic ID: 307587)

RUSH - Mods and Toys; what are you hoping for, and/or who's making an offering?

By Rodent

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,385 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg
TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg
20230811_102954 (resized).jpg
Rush-Pinball-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Stern-Pinball-Rush-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Rush-Pinball-Owl-Shooter-Rod.jpg
TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
TopperCleanup (resized).jpg
IMG_1839D (resized).JPG
IMG_1862D (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859D (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA874350-BCBF-471C-AEAE-8415DD964D00 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Yup those are me too. Thanks for asking -- that reminded me I hadn't posted pics of those variations in my shop listing! Here ya go:
[quoted image]
[quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image]

any chance that you could refine your design so that the "START" text is flush with the rest of the button?

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I may have mentioned this before,the coolest mod I can wish for would be the time machine going to a different year for each song.The year the song came out.That would be what about 10 or so different years since some years have more than one song.

that has my thought to mod the time machine and replace that decal with an OLED panel (if I can find one small enough to fit that area). I believe that the different modes/multiballs are triggered by different switches so there may be a way to do just that. the plan was/is to have spinning reels and stop them on the year for the album for the mode started.

1 week later
#271 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Not mine, only change was when I expanded the Steampunk Gear Cover Set from 5 to 6 pieces in the set, so the price of the set went up proportionately.
All of mine are now in stock and ready to ship. The Borough of Shmeng Water Hydrant is waiting for fitment on an actual pin before I put it up for sale.

speaking of which. were you still planning on offering different covers from the initial 5/6? I know that we chatted briefly in pm's about some other suggestions that I presented to you

2 weeks later
#368 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I make the ticket magnets. I picked the ticket I did because it was very clean and the colors went with all of the three versions of the game but especially with the LE. I have a customer who is working on possibly being able to customize the tickets with a template. If so, there is a possibility to print them as custom decals instead of magnets. If you have a scan of a particular ticket, I may be able to do something for you too...

been working with john to make these a bit more customizable for people. I've found about 3 ticket designs that I will work nicely and with the option to change just about anything on the ticket face itself, will make the magnet cover-up a bit more personnel and meaningful like the first/last tour that you saw them

here's a sample, completely re-done with a different ticket color. some of the fonts are close but not quite perfect. I'm still searching to find replacements that are closer to what was originally on that reference ticket
rush ticket (resized).pngrush ticket (resized).png

as for the flexibility portion, here's an earlier version of the same ticket but with a different font (a farewell to kings tour). ignore the fact that the rest of the information is the same for now
rush ticket (2) (resized).pngrush ticket (2) (resized).png

I have fonts to cover basically every tour, however some do not lend themselves to print on the ticket very well. this ticket design may look good in a yellow (gold), blue, red, or purple

#371 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are Ballbaron Ninja and Polaris still considered the best ball?

I use ball baron's pinballs as my go-to. I have not used the polaris carbon-steel version, but their ninja pinballs have a fantastic finish on them and work great in games without magnets.

#379 2 years ago

everything on the ticket can be modified (including the ticket color), but here's a sample with the different tour fonts that look pretty good on the tickets
2112 tour (resized).png2112 tour (resized).pnga farewell to kings (resized).pnga farewell to kings (resized).pngexit stage left (resized).pngexit stage left (resized).pnggrace under pressure (resized).pnggrace under pressure (resized).pnghemispheres (resized).pnghemispheres (resized).pngmoving pictures (resized).pngmoving pictures (resized).pngpermanent waves (resized).pngpermanent waves (resized).pngpower windows (resized).pngpower windows (resized).pngpresto (resized).pngpresto (resized).pngrush (resized).pngrush (resized).pngsnakes & arrows (resized).pngsnakes & arrows (resized).pngtest for echo (resized).pngtest for echo (resized).pngvapor trails (resized).pngvapor trails (resized).pngvapor trails (gold) (resized).pngvapor trails (gold) (resized).png

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

How can I order one of these?

I'm still working on templates. all sales will go through John I (unless he doesn't want to handle them). this was *his* mod to begin and I am not going to attempt to steal away any of his potential sales

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Is anyone working on a Rush shooter rod? Seem ripe for replacement

rumor has it that stern is putting one out

in other news, I should have the flexible magnet backing for the custom concert tickets tomorrow. I'll perform a couple tests and will then be able to start cracking them out. initially, I just have the one design available but can offer it in a variety of colors, with the date, venue, pricing, seating information of your choice.

I'm going to start working on creating a few other designs like the ticket master and ticketron samples that Tortfesor provided above but they make take some time to complete. I will probably ship these in small, flat rate boxes to avoid potential damage by the samsonite gorillas employed by usps

I'm going to shoot to keep pricing close to what John_I was offering his mod at ($12-13 per ticket plus shipping)

#414 2 years ago

the magnet stock showed up early. here is an early test

D75C00BE-DF24-4A63-9CE4-A94814DE9B5C (resized).jpegD75C00BE-DF24-4A63-9CE4-A94814DE9B5C (resized).jpeg

I’m going to look into a vinyl label stock to print to. I’m not a fan of using paper (like this test) for durability

additionally, the adhesive on the magnet is strong, so you only get one shot at putting the image down (notice the crinkle in the upper left corner)

I also may start from scratch and make the ticket a bit larger. it looks fine in the photo, but when you actually see it, it looks kind of small

#416 2 years ago

made the ticket as large as I can go. I think I like this better. thoughts?

66745367209__42FC6758-602E-45B8-98C3-F3B5CD5FDF75 (resized).jpg66745367209__42FC6758-602E-45B8-98C3-F3B5CD5FDF75 (resized).jpg

the vinyl sticker material should arrive tomorrow. I waited too long yesterday before ordering it.

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

Looks great, could you make it sec 2, row 11, seat 2 ?

as noted above, I have full control over all of the content, color of the ticket, and bookend images. all you have to do is give me the details that you want displayed on the magnet.
with these tests completed, I'll post again once I'm ready to start taking orders.

#423 2 years ago

one final note:
I wasn't happy with how thick the magnetic strip material was, so I ordered some new material which is half the thickness. I will have that in approximately 7-10 days.

John_I messaged me and detailed his method for shipping his ticket mods out, so I will probably adopt his (or a similar) method which should help lower the shipping costs for our canadian and international neighbors

#440 2 years ago

ok, I lied. I said that I wouldn't post these again until I was ready to sell them, but since the magnetic strips will not arrive until next week (at the earliest) and amazon destroyed the vinyl decal sheets that I received today, I spent some time modifying the layouts just a bit more.

I think that like the 2112 starman, I will make all of the iconography 2-colors (still trying to figure out what I want to do there). additionally, if I can find icon imagery that I like, I will make use of it and offer it up.

for now, here's the latest:
2112 (resized).png2112 (resized).pnggrace under pressure v2 (resized).pnggrace under pressure v2 (resized).pngroll the bones (resized).pngroll the bones (resized).pngpresto v2 (resized).pngpresto v2 (resized).pngtest for echo v2 (resized).pngtest for echo v2 (resized).pngcounterparts v2 (resized).pngcounterparts v2 (resized).pngsnakes & arrows v2 (resized).pngsnakes & arrows v2 (resized).pngclockwork angels v3 (resized).pngclockwork angels v3 (resized).png

edit:
updated tickets with color choices so far

#457 2 years ago

the new (thinner) magnet strip is supposed to ship out today. if so, I should have it this weekend and will open up orders for the concert ticket mod.

initially, I'm only going to offer that one style of ticket. however, the customization options are potentially limitless. you can basically modify anything on the face of the ticket and I will change the content to meet your request.

- color of the ticket (so far, I've got templates for blue, gold and purple created)
- bookend images (none or any of the 8 that I've shown above, see here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/9#post-6800946)
- content (date, venue, section, row, seat, price of ticket, etc...)

NOTE: I have 2 lines available for the venue, so technically I can move down the line for the word RUSH for those concert events that were something like:
BRASS RING & CTC
presents
an evening with
RUSH
joe lewis arena

(sorry, can't display centered text in messages)

I can print about 5-6 labels on a single sheet so I will probably be producing the magnets in batches of that size (to help cut down on waste).

a digital image will be emailed for confirmation to make sure that what's on your ticket is what you want before I create it

#461 2 years ago

you left off vapor trails, feedback, snakes & arrows, and clockwork angels. so, something like this?

album strip (resized).jpgalbum strip (resized).jpg

#468 2 years ago

how about a ge filter machine?

#489 2 years ago

since I've been asked about creating the ticket covers up for other artists and machines (aerosmith, iron maiden, led zeppelin and rush), I've created a new thread to keep from congesting this one any further

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-backbox-concert-ticket-cover-up#post-6814344

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinewarlord:

The time machine on the Rush pins is magnetic is it not? i.e. the Chrome balls wouldn't be the best option?

correct, you would want to use their polaris carbon-steel balls with rush.

#589 2 years ago

don't tell alex that
lifeson-barbie (resized).jpglifeson-barbie (resized).jpg

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Try Rit that's specifically for synthetics and boil it, then back it off to just before boiling and immerse the polycarbonate pieces. There are additives you can add to make the poly more receptive to the dye, too, but I don't know enough about those to recommend any.

pinmonk is correct. I had to dye the saucers for joust when I did a playfield swap for a friend. no one manufactures the aqua-blue-teal color that the williams joust originally used. I used a combination of 2 rit dye colors, and along with some acetone added to the water to help the dye adhere and "steep" into the polycarbonite.
I kept my temperature somewhere around 170-180°F and let the parts soak for about 20-35 mins (checking every 5 mins or so)

from my joust project:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joust-cpr-playfield-swap-process-and-tips#post-5146900

and the original post on this from Superchicken
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-dye-posts-and-inserts-when-the-color-is-unobtainium

2 weeks later
#836 2 years ago

I've got an extra rush banner from marco's if anyone's interested. pm me for details

3 months later
#1262 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Speaking of Gameroommods, I wanted to post a big "Thank You" to Jon at Gameroommods for the bonus fluorescent protector!
I had received and installed their set of protectors months ago, and suddenly in my mailbox arrives a new piece, because they added to the kit long after i got mine. THAT'S how you gain a customer for life.
Thank you, Jon!

agreed. I received mine yesterday as well

10 months later
#1377 10 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Several folks have received their topper hardware kits and there seems to be some confusion about what goes where. Reference this map below ... note not ALL of the screws are intended to be replaced with gold. Six silver screws were included with the kit for specific locations where silver will look (i.e. blend in) better than gold.[quoted image]

I wondered about that and was going to reach out. thank you for the clarification.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.