(Topic ID: 307587)

RUSH - Mods and Toys; what are you hoping for, and/or who's making an offering?

By Rodent

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,385 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg
TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg
20230811_102954 (resized).jpg
Rush-Pinball-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Stern-Pinball-Rush-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Rush-Pinball-Owl-Shooter-Rod.jpg
TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
TopperCleanup (resized).jpg
IMG_1839D (resized).JPG
IMG_1862D (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859D (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA874350-BCBF-471C-AEAE-8415DD964D00 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TinyBlackDog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from SteelNation:

Here is the first mockup of the mods I’ve been working on. Being a life long Rush fan, when I ordered this game I knew I had to have Geddy’s washing machines in it somewhere. After first starting with the traditional laundromat washers, I switched designs to tie into their Time Machine tour backstage to match the game and steam punk theme. I also love the design of Alex’s custom amps so I had to make those to match.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
These are custom modeled in high detail, resin printed and hand painted with clear resin washer door glass. I plan on adjusting the final color to match the machine art once mine arrives. The final version will be airbrushed for the best finish with hand painted patina.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
The plan is for these to go in the upper left and right corners (stage left and stage right). I’ve shown them in my MET for some idea.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Final size, location and attachment will be refined again once the game arrives. There may also be a few other places these could go in the game.
I am also considering making these larger and making a topper with lighting.
I'm not currently taking pre-orders on these right now until I can finalize the designs and fit. I will add names to an ‘interested’ list for now. Send me a reply or a PM.

I’m not a mod guy, but this looks incredible. Have you thought about adding lights on the portholes on the amps? Would look awesome!

3 weeks later
#407 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortfesor:

Attached are a few old Rush tickets of mine as examples of the colors and layouts (plus a Y&T colorful Ticketron).
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! I was at that Feb 6, 1986 show at the Forum. Was the first time I saw them live and it was mind blowing.

2 weeks later
#590 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Is it possible to over-mod a game? I mean putting in so many extra goodies that the machi e starts to look like one of those claw machines. I bought a couple mods but I am beginning to think it is too much.

Definitely. Just look at some of the Jurassic Parks that had plastic trees stuck all over the place. If you are raiding the Target toy aisles for mods, give it a second thought before heading to checkout. I personally take a less is more approach and almost exclusively buy mods that improve gameplay in some way.

For Rush, my first mod will be the PinMonk Mode Color insert bracket. I buy these for every game he makes them for, with my favorite being the one he did for IMDN. I already installed his quiet fan kit which is a must for all Spike machines.

Gouveia's IMDN sarcopha'gus' will be the most expensive mod I've bought, but it is a work of art that serves as a bash toy.

At the end of the day do what makes you happy. You have no-one to please but yourself.

1 week later
#787 2 years ago

All of the Pros and Premiums on the TPF show floor have the blue sandwich protectors. There have to be at least a dozen of them. JJ from GEX has a Premium in his suite that just has the forks. Not sure if these are being put on at the factory yet. Of course, the factory has shifted to other titles now so it doesn’t really matter until the next run.

I hear that Rush is in the Wizards tournament - curious how they toughened it up for tournament play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TinyBlackDog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it?tu=TinyBlackDog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.