(Topic ID: 307587)

RUSH - Mods and Toys; what are you hoping for, and/or who's making an offering?

By Rodent

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,385 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg
TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg
20230811_102954 (resized).jpg
Rush-Pinball-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Stern-Pinball-Rush-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Rush-Pinball-Owl-Shooter-Rod.jpg
TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
TopperCleanup (resized).jpg
IMG_1839D (resized).JPG
IMG_1862D (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859D (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA874350-BCBF-471C-AEAE-8415DD964D00 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 2 years ago

I have a couple items over here at Rocket City Pinball, I'll put them in separate posts to keep things clean/organized.

3D Start Buttons -- the Solar Federation's infamous red star shines through a sparkling black starfield. START in light blue or purple (like the album cover) in a 2112-esque font, or now available with no text at all (per a recent request).

Installation is super easy and takes less than five minutes -- see DIY video in the listing.

Link to shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05567-3d-start-button-rush

Pics:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#16 2 years ago

Also from Rocket City Pinball -- 3D Coin Reject Buttons ... featuring a fire hydrant to represent the Signals album.

I initially made them with a clear/white base since we hadn't seen the cabinets yet. Now that we've seen the cabinets, almost any color would work on the pro, purple or clear/white would work well on the premium, and tangerine or yellow would work well on the LE -- but it's up to you.

Translucent base colors available are red, orange, tangerine, yellow, green, light blue, blue, green, purple, or white/clear.

Link to shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05575-3d-coin-reject-buttons-rush

Pics:

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

I have a Prem on order, and would like to see somebody make a toy for the magic hat with a rabbit in it. Not sure yet where to locate such a toy, but it's definitely on my want list to accompany the Dalmation + hydrant toy offered by Rocket City Pinball (I have no association with RCP, but have put in a pre-order for their offering)

Hey Rodent I appreciate the shoutout!

I'll see about a rabbit/hat mod -- I have these coin buttons I'd previously made for Theatre of Magic. I don't know how well they'll scale down for the coin buttons on this game, since the buttons are smaller. But scaling up would be simple so I'll experiment with a larger version that can be mounted elsewhere.

#19 2 years ago

Another from Rocket City Pinball -- the hydrant flasher dome + dalmatian, to represent the Signals album.

I'm currently taking pre-orders on this -- I want to confirm fit / installation on the actual game before I start shipping. I further modified Mike Smith's nice hydrant model and printed it in translucent red so the whole thing lights up when it fits over the flasher bulb. Of course, every hydrant needs a dog, so I sourced an existing pre-manufactured resin dalmatian model. I attached a foot-mount to one of its rear feet, so installation is as easy as removing & reinstalling two screws -- the hydrant replaces the flasher dome and mounts at its lower hole, and the dog's foot mount attaches at the bulb socket mount / upper hole.

Below is a video and some pics of it installed in my X-Files, to give you an idea of what it'll look like. I expect the best place to install this in Rush will be at the upper right flasher, by the S-curve in the plastic ramp.

Link to shop for pre-orders: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05722-hydrant-flasher-dome-amp-dalmatian-for-rush

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#20 2 years ago

Here's one more upcoming from Rocket City Pinball -- a Red Barchetta mod! I sourced a limited number of these GORGEOUS die-cast Ferraris (the appropriate model being referred to in the song), and have been working on a 'one-lane bridge' to mount it on. They're a perfect size for the game, about 1.5x the size of a standard matchbox car.

The bridge I've been modeling ends up making the whole model assembly somewhat large, so I think I might be overdoing it -- I may just scrap the bridge idea and go back to a simpler mount. More info to follow while I mess around with this. There are several places this could go in the game.

I'm not taking 'official' pre-orders on this yet until I get the mount and/or bridge design closer to a final state. However, feel free to PM me if you'd like to be waitlisted.

#40 2 years ago

Update on the Red Barchetta mod! See pics & video below for a rough draft of one of two versions I'd like to make.

I wanted to incorporate the "one-lane bridge" from the song, since it's a key plot point in the climax of the story. I tried to envision what type of bridge might be in the countryside, that would also work well for this mod and wouldn't hide the car. I found a basic model of a double-arch open-top bridge, and set to work modifying, resizing, stone-ifying, and trimming/cutting to have it mount on the ramp, and incorporating components to attach the car itself.

After a few iterations of the design, here's the rough draft. I'll be further tweaking the model and slicing to clean it up further, adding a lobe to attach the whole assembly to an existing screw in the game, etc. Then, of course, whatever additional tweaks are required when I fit-check it in the actual game.

RB2 (resized).jpgRB2 (resized).jpg

The ball rolls underneath it as shown here:

The pictures and video show it on my Game of Thrones Pro which has a straight section of plastic ramp on the left, similar to a section of Rush's on the right. So imagine the pics are reversed and the bridge is on the other side of the game.

I also have one other idea for a mounting location I haven't started yet, so buyers will have a few options. In the upper left corner of the game is a curved section of ramp; I'm designing a curved road section that can mount up here. More to follow on that as I design/print prototypes.

As of right now I have 30 of the cars, but 21 have already been reserved on the waitlist. Since I still don't have official pre-orders set up yet (since both configurations aren't ready to show and I haven't established the final pricing), please PM me to get on the waitlist.

More pics etc.:

RB3 (resized).jpgRB3 (resized).jpg

RB1 (resized).jpgRB1 (resized).jpg

RB-locations (resized).jpgRB-locations (resized).jpg

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Looks amazing. One thing on Rush that straightaway on the right is tilted steeply downwards. Will that be an issue?

Good point, thanks -- it won't be an issue for mounting it there, it's more of if you think it's an issue that the bridge is sloped downhill. Might need to see how it looks in the actual game first.

If it looks too weird I could either extend one end of the bridge (heightwise) to keep it level, or just trim/adjust it to move it to one of the flatter sections.

An alternate location for this could be over the flat plastic above the Vapor Trails symbol on the left side, but then it doesn't have the cool ball interaction.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

This looks so awesome! For the straightaway location, will it be able to be mounted in a spot to allow for good upper flipper visibility still? That'd be my only hesitation with the bridge add-on, but it really makes the mod shine. Great work!

Thanks! No, presuming it still ends up in this spot, it shouldn't affect upper flipper visibility, as it only extends a little past the side edge of the ramp. I see why that got confusing, my green box in the figure was too wide - I didnt mean to indicate it'd cover the flipper. Look again at this pic (sorry for potato quality, screenshot on phone lol)

Screenshot_20220109-141313_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220109-141313_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Red Barchetta mod looks great!!! How about the "gleaming, alloy air car" that is too wide to cross the bridge. Perhaps another mod where the too-wide aircar is either farther up the ramp or banking around the curve. I did a quick image search and this image is the only render of the alloy aircar I could find but it looks something like I had always imagined.[quoted image]

It's a great idea, but given the quality of the models I have, I'd want the air cars to be of similar build/quality -- plus they'd need to be sized (approximately) properly, "two-lanes wide" -- and I'm not finding anything out there yet that fits the bill. Except for a lot BTTF Deloreans, does that count? lol

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Red Barchetta mod looks great!!! How about the "gleaming, alloy air car" that is too wide to cross the bridge. Perhaps another mod where the too-wide aircar is either farther up the ramp or banking around the curve. I did a quick image search and this image is the only render of the alloy aircar I could find but it looks something like I had always imagined.[quoted image]

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

It's a great idea, but given the quality of the models I have, I'd want the air cars to be of similar build/quality -- plus they'd need to be sized (approximately) properly, "two-lanes wide" -- and I'm not finding anything out there yet that fits the bill. Except for a lot BTTF Deloreans, does that count? lol

I dug around a little more to see what else I could find and I did find this:

Gleaming alloy air car, indeed! In reality it's a model of the Russian 1962 GAZ 16A hovercraft concept. It does have wheels that stick slightly out the bottom, but put it on even a slight angle and you'll never see em.

The model might be right around the correct size, but unfortunately it says there were only 333 of the models made, so they're pretty expensive. Cheapest one I could find was $95 shipped. I (probably foolishly) just bought one for myself, to see how it sizes up and to see if I like it for my machine, but I highly doubt this would become an option for the mod, given the rarity and cost of the models. We'll see I guess.

Edit: more cool pics & info on this weird vehicle here: https://diecast.org/community/1_43/1962-gaz-16a-hover-vehicle-by-autocult/

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

With the limited amount of cars, will buyers have the option for both bridges(straight and curved)? Just in case we decide to swap them around? 3 piece set: car, straight bridge, curved bridge?
I’d rather not buy a 2nd car, and leave someone else hanging, given there’s only 30 cars. But would enjoy having the option for placement, as to work around other mods that may come to light.

I appreciate you looking out for your fellow modders! Yes, I can make a "both scenes" option available when I finally get it set up in the shop; it will be easy to transfer the car from one scene to another. Also for clarification: the curved scene will most likely be a road, not a bridge.

FYI for you and the other potential waitlisters, I've since sourced some additional cars, so now I'll have a total of 46. With the updated inventory and existing waitlist, there are currently 11 spots remaining.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

can you put me on the list or do i need to PM

Quoted from Calgedy:

PM......I am on the list. This is how I got there. It will be confirmed once you PM.

Yup, PM me please (received). I have a spreadsheet to track everybody, but the PM helps with the 'e-trail' so I don't have to comb back through these various threads to make sure I didn't miss anyone.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

any thoughts about making the headlights come on either all the time or even better when the red barchetta song comes on ?

Interestingly, the headlights ARE clear lenses (though the inner side is very small), but there's hardly any room in the wheelwell for a bulb. I have a few more weeks til my machine gets here (so I can fit check and such) so I'll look at this further if I have a chance, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for this. If it's something you think you might want to attempt, I could always add an extra hole in the scenery model for a wire pass-through.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Jcanuck72:

What about a top hat with a rabbit popping out of it -- Presto!

I've got some plans for this!

#81 2 years ago

Gleaming alloy air car update, for complementing the red barchetta mod ...
I received the GAZ 16A model over the weekend and to my surprise, it's actually a reasonably appropriate size -- two lanes wide -- and definitely looks pretty menacing if you envisioned being chased by one in your little red barchetta!

20220116_111413 (resized).jpg20220116_111413 (resized).jpg

As I feared though, it's fairly large overall (banana for scale, lol), so I doubt it'll fit well in the game without being too much. But you never know, we'll see after I can finally play around when the game arrives.

20220116_111531 (resized).jpg20220116_111531 (resized).jpg

To reiterate, the air car models are rare (only 333 made) so they're not cheap. I do not intend to include this as an option with the Red Barchetta mod, just figured I'd get one to see if it works.

#117 2 years ago

Here's what I was thinking for the Presto mod ... this one is a rough draft -- the final would have a lobe to attach at the screw hole, and cleaner post-processing (e.g., some sanding to smooth out the brim) & color/touchup. Let me know if anyone would be interested in this, in which case I'll keep working on it. This could replace the flasher dome at any of the six locations, except maybe the lower one along the left wall (don't know the height of the plastic above it yet), but would probably look best either by the pop bumpers or at either location on along the right ramp.

Could certainly print the rabbit in a flat white also, if you didn't want to put it over a flasher; could go pretty much anywhere else where there's a screw to attach it.

I did have one other Presto mod idea, but really need the machine in hand before I can explore that. So in the meantime, consider this version and let me know what you think.

#125 2 years ago

20220121_064134 (resized).jpg20220121_064134 (resized).jpg

Red Barchetta mod update ... I worked on the secondary mounting scene, which is a road with grassy shoulders. This would mount over curved section of the left plastic ramp in the back left corner, either atop or replacing the shield that's already there. (Obviously mounting holes havent been laid out since I dont have my game yet, but the holes will go through the wide grassy shoulder or I could add corresponding lobes. Final sizing/shape obviously still TBD, awaiting my game for fit testing / size adjustment.

I chose a black filament with a fine sparkle (one of three different variations I have, lol) to give it a realistic asphalt look, and the grassy areas have a lot of surface contour & waviness to look more natural. I printed the stripe in light silver to make it reflective and not quite too fresh white; I'm not sold on that color though so I might try again in off-white for comparison.

20220121_064118 (resized).jpg20220121_064118 (resized).jpg

I'm also considering looking for model trees of the correct scale/size that I could add on the shoulder, or perhaps might add some boulders or something, I dunno yet, we'll see what inspiration strikes.

20220121_064057 (resized).jpg20220121_064057 (resized).jpg

Regarding the bridge version ... I've also made some updates to the design, adding properly-oriented blocks under the arches and other miscellaneous cleanup. I acquired two new filaments to try -- a brick color with darker flake to give it a countryside brick look, and also a greenish-gray with dark flake for a natural stone look. Running test prints today of the exposed side of the bridge in both of these colors to see how they turn out.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I like the bridge much better if an option. Thanks.

No problem! I plan on offering both the road scene and the bridge, as folks may have different preferences.

Speaking of which, I test-printed just the side face to try out the new arches, and also to see how the new colors look, which I'll call brick and stone. (I'll call the original "gray" -- the one in the pic is the original draft shown previously.) All three colors will be available, because they all look good.

I need to texture the surface of the arch blocks next, but other than that I'm happy with the new arches, as they give it a more realistic bridge look/design.

20220121_201638 (resized).jpg20220121_201638 (resized).jpg

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

love to get the bridge when will thry be available? thanks

Send me a PM to get on the waitlist for a Red Barchetta mod; I've been tracking names in a separate spreadsheet so I don't have to sift through threads to find everyone. I need my game in order to do final fit-checks / adjustments / etc. (Same with the Signals and Presto mods -- not finalizing until I can confirm good fit.) I was told I should have the game by late Jan / early Feb but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:are the start buttons you too ? I would like to see the purple font,and no font star only if possible.

Yup those are me too. Thanks for asking -- that reminded me I hadn't posted pics of those variations in my shop listing! Here ya go:

ThreeVariations (resized).jpgThreeVariations (resized).jpg

Rush_2_RCP (resized).jpgRush_2_RCP (resized).jpg Rush_Purple_RCP (resized).jpgRush_Purple_RCP (resized).jpg Rush-3_RCP-blank (resized).jpgRush-3_RCP-blank (resized).jpg

#169 2 years ago

I have several posts scattered across the couple different Rush threads (e.g., Rush reveals & pre-orders, Rush mods & toys) regarding my Red Barchetta mod, so I thought it might be useful to put them all in one place -- especially for further discussion with those who are on the waitlist, particularly once the mod reaches the final phases of fit checks & location/configuration testing (which will have a lot of photos / discussion).

If you're a waitlister or interested in the Red Barchetta on the one-lane bridge and/or road scene mod, please proceed over to https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-barchetta-mod-rush-development-amp-discussion so we can chat some more! One-lane bridge is somewhat stalled until my game arrives for fit checks, so in the meantime I've been playing around with enhancements (or are they?) to the road scene. Teaser pic:

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

solid pack for the money...don't know what I'm going to do with the Patch but the keychain and steel sticker is solid.

I got that set too, really only for the keychain ... but that sticker is super nice, and it'll work perfectly as the header on my scoreboard!

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

My first reaction when I saw this game was: the 90s called and want their flashers back! Good to see a lot of mod makers have answered the call.

Haha yeah so far we have:
- Dalmatian/hydrant
- Rabbit/hat
- Drum kit
- Squirrel gear
- Dice
- Other hydrant

No flasher cover is safe with all these options!!

#241 2 years ago

Those who've had interest in my Red Barchetta mod ... I've made some nice improvements to the one-lane bridge and also have been working on lighting. I'd appreciate feedback from waitlisters / interested folk before I get too carried away. Details/discussion over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-barchetta-mod-rush-development-amp-discussion

Screenshot_20220130-111151_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220130-111151_Gallery (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20220130-160142_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220130-160142_Gallery (resized).jpg

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I think the dalmatian and hydrant went up $10-15

Quoted from pinballjah:

Dalmatian was always $45US. Paid my deposit Jan. 10th and same price.

The price on my Signals mod (dalmatian/hydrant) has always been $45 ever since I put it up for pre-order, and I will be honoring that price on all pre-orders, even though it got a little more complicated. Upon fit check, the dog was just barely too tall and wouldn't clear the glass, so I've been working on an additional base which drops him down for adequate clearance. Sitting atop that large lobe of plastic around the flasher/hydrant, the new base hangs a narrow 'platform' adjacent to the lobe that the dog stands on. Below is a picture of a **draft** version just to help explain it -- the final version (almost done) will move the dog a little further around the back for better orientation, and the upper surfaces will have an irregular surface contour to eliminate the patterned print lines and to look more like a natural grassy ground (similar to the grassy shoulder on the Red Barchetta mod also still in development).

Multiple reasons why this extra piece actually makes it better:
- The grass base adds to the scene / recall of the album cover, since the hydrant and dog are in the middle of the grass
- I've designed the grass base to cover/hide the lobe coming off the hydrant (for attaching it to the game)
- The base allowed me to devise an easier method to attach the dog to the scene

It's ironic that this came up in conversation, because I HADN'T increased the price ... yet eventually may need to (**but only after all pre-orders are filled!**) since the new piece adds ~3.5 hours of print time to the product (nevermind the extra design/print/test/modify/repeat going on right now).

Here's the pic with the base/platform -- again, this is a DRAFT, the upper surface will look better (eliminating patterned lines) when I'm done with the texturing. Sorry for the bad lighting, sun was beating in the window behind it at the time.

#278 2 years ago

After last night's post, I added some contour/texture and moved the dog platform a little further around behind. I also thickened the base of the hydrant so it'd sit a little higher in the grass. Grabbed some rushed pics (below) before heading out for my son's baseball practice this morning! I had considered sloping the dropoff too but i dont think that will be necessary-- once it's in the game that'll be in the back so it wouldn't be visible anyway.

Will be sending this one to my fit-checker for test and pics (since my game hasn't arrived yet).

20220205_095101 (resized).jpg20220205_095101 (resized).jpg20220205_095139 (resized).jpg20220205_095139 (resized).jpg20220205_095222 (resized).jpg20220205_095222 (resized).jpg
#282 2 years ago

Worked a little bit more on the Presto flasher cover too; got it so it's printing a neat textured-looking outer surface on the hat, so it looks more fabric-ish, like a real top hat (instead of a shinier finish it had before).

I also made some adjustments to the model for a thicker/stronger brim. And added the tab to mount it.

Finally, after some experimentation I decided to paint the top surface of the brim in flat black -- it helps subdue the layer lines (they were more noticeable on that surface due to its relative flatness) and matches the finish of the rest of the hat better.

I'll be sending this out for fit check and in-game pics and then this will be ready to go up for sale!

20220205_184204 (resized).jpg20220205_184204 (resized).jpg20220205_184227 (resized).jpg20220205_184227 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220205-184144_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220205-184144_Gallery (resized).jpg
#285 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Will you sell it with a clear plastic option? Green seems to be a contrast to the playfield. Looks great!

I too was concerned about the lack of much other green. No reason I couldn't print it in any other color (black, gray, etc), but with FDM 3D printing, clear isn't clear -- it ends up more translucent white (maybe your dog is in the snow, lol) so I'd have to find some other way to do this.

My fit-checker also rigged up a little step-down nut but it looked weird since the dog was floating, and he also started to sag since he wasnt supported well enough.

Let's see how it looks in the game with the grass as designed and then we'll go from there.

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

How about a color closer to the playfield, dark blue, etc?

Could also do silver/steel color to match the nearby ramp, habitrails, and other metal pieces.

#298 2 years ago

For those worried about the green grass in my Signals mod not matching the colors in the game:
- Grass setup is en route to fit checker, will have pics of it installed in a few days.
- To try another option for those who might want it, I temporarily removed the grass and ran a flat-topped steel-colored mount, that will match the habitrails and steel ramps (same filament I use for my steel/beskar posts).

Screenshot_20220209-183619_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220209-183619_Gallery (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20220209-183638_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220209-183638_Gallery (resized).jpg

To me, it looks a little weird going all the way around in front of the hydrant (since it's just a mount, whereas the grass is more part of a scene) but I guess I could always trim it back to just be the section behind it. In that case, that'll un-hide the attach lobe in the front (and the mount would attach at the flasher's back screw) but that's not really a big deal.

Screenshot_20220209-190244_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220209-190244_Gallery (resized).jpg

#301 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Like the look of this better! Thanks for the options.

No problem, worth the effort if it keeps you guys satisfied!

Quoted from Tortfesor:

I like the look of the steel-colored mount, even though the album cover has the hydrant on grass. What about leaving the current shape and making the lower dog level grass green, with the hydrant on the steel?

That's doable, but might look a little weird, but only one way to find out. I'll run one tonight or tomorrow and will post some pics.

#305 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Nice! Is it a magnet?

Yes, the ticket is a magnet, and he also has a decal to cover the warning label on the apron.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/05784-rush-dress-up-magnet-art-and-decal-art-

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortfesor:

I like the look of the steel-colored mount, even though the album cover has the hydrant on grass. What about leaving the current shape and making the lower dog level grass green, with the hydrant on the steel?

Ok so I ran a few more last night and here they are all together -- full grass, full steel, full hybrid, trimmed steel, and trimmed hybrid. Let me know your thoughts, though now that I've created the models / print codes, no reason I couldn't just make them all available.

Screenshot_20220210-185424_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220210-185424_Gallery (resized).jpg

See my previous posts for pics on the full grass and full steel. Here are the pics with the new types:

Screenshot_20220210-185602_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220210-185602_Gallery (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20220210-185656_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220210-185656_Gallery (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20220210-185630_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220210-185630_Gallery (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20220210-185744_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220210-185744_Gallery (resized).jpg

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

They all look great.
I like the green/grass best.

Me too! Definite album cover recall. We'll see how it looks in the game very soon, but good to have these options available for buyers.

#329 2 years ago

Awesome work on all of it, think I'm going to go with the hydrant on steel, and Dalmatian on grass(full hybrid), when it's time for mine to be made.

Quoted from kool1:

I think the silver/gray will blend better - there is little dark green on the playfied.
Look forward to getting!

Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I like the green grass best too!

Haha, perfect examples of why it'll be good to have the different options! Thanks guys. Once I get confirmation from fit-checker (should be delivered tomorrow), pending any issues, these will be ready to go up for sale.

Quoted from Tortfesor:

Question - If the one-lane bridge you're designing goes in the upper right as well over the steel ramp, will they both fit?[quoted image]

The one-lane bridge for the Red Barchetta mod was never intended to go over the metal ramp (though I'll certainly be considering every option once my game gets here, because you never know what'll end up looking best) -- I'd always been considering the plastic ramp where it runs along the right wall, or the left plastic above Vapor Trails, so no interference concerns in either of those locations. I'd also considered in the straightaway of the S-curve just before that flasher, so obviously that could interfere -- but not everyone getting the Barchetta will be getting the Signals mod, and vice versa.

The other option on the Barchetta mod will be the curved road scene, intended for over the ramp in the back left corner.

#331 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can you hurry and get your le so I can have my barchetta for mine?

I 100% support that idea!

#336 2 years ago

Signals (dog/hydrant) update ... fit-checker has the updated pieces but unfortunately the holes don't line up just right, so I'll have to make adjustments. Designing remotely without being able to fit-check and adjust things myself is extremely frustrating!

He'll still confirm the glass clearance is adequate, and will just tape it in place so we can see what it'll look like in the game with the new mount. Stay tuned for those, but unfortunately the mod won't be ready to start shipping this weekend as I'd hoped.

#341 2 years ago

Signals update -- here are some pics from my fit-checker with the dog & hydrant set roughly in place. A few things to note:
- they're not 100% in place since the screws couldn't be installed; as such, the final installation will be 'flatter' against the surface of the plastic and tighter/cleaner in appearance.
- the hydrant will protrude from the grass a little more; I'd added some height so it wouldn't be recessed in the grass so what you see here is due to the assembly not being screwed down.

Anyway, I understand where I went wrong on the hole alignment so I'm hoping to have this updated and sent to the fit checker on last time in this coming week.

Draft_Instpic1 (resized).jpgDraft_Instpic1 (resized).jpg

Draft_Instpic2 (resized).jpgDraft_Instpic2 (resized).jpg

Draft_Instpic3 (resized).jpgDraft_Instpic3 (resized).jpg

A note regarding this last pic -- even though the hydrant lobe isn't tucked under the grass the way it's intended, I'm including this pic he sent me just because a lot of the green lights were on. Part of the previous discussion was about 'not much green in the PF', but the lights turning green might be a consideration!

Draft_Instpic4-green (resized).jpgDraft_Instpic4-green (resized).jpg

#342 2 years ago

Also, a quick Presto update ... my hat/rabbit is just a hair too tall. (or should I say just a hare? lol) He can fit up where the Signals mod goes (if you're not getting that mod), but I'd really like him to fit at the flasher in the lower right corner as shown here, I think he looks really great there.

RabbitDraft_Inst1 (resized).jpgRabbitDraft_Inst1 (resized).jpg

Fit-checker also put him on the slingshot. While I wasn't crazy about it there from the pics, seeing it in person may be a different story -- the fit checker says, "i like the Rabbit on the right sling. I left it there. Its small and does not take up that mush space, nor make it look busy." So hey there's another option for you folks!

RabbitDraft_Inst2 (resized).jpgRabbitDraft_Inst2 (resized).jpg

RabbitDraft_Inst3 (resized).jpgRabbitDraft_Inst3 (resized).jpg

More to follow when I resize him for the lower right corner of the right ramp, and send him back out for additional fit-check.

#345 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

How much is the rabbit? I didn't see that pre-order?

I hadn't set that one up for pre-order yet because I wanted to get a little further with it, plus I assumed a bunch of folks might want both Presto and Signals, and sorting out the shipping with two separate pre-orders was going to be a mess, lol. I'll make a note on my tracker sheet that you're interested in Presto, and we can settle up when both are ready.

I'm trying to keep the rabbit around $35-$40, gotta see how long the final version takes to print. Two separate pieces to print, post-processing on the hat to remove support edges and paint the top surface, details on the rabbit (eyes/ears/mouth), and assembly.

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Waiting for the Dog and fire hydrant.

Final fit check of the Signals mod (dog/hydrant) and the Presto mod (rabbit/hat) will happen this weekend and then they're going into full production!

Day job has been insanely busy lately
and will be for another few weeks, but with Signals and Presto being finalized (and since I'll have my machine very soon) then I can get back to work on the Red Barchetta mod!

#398 2 years ago

Signals and Presto mods are officially ready for production!

Signals mod has three versions of the mount -- grass, metallic, and hybrid. Here's a look at each one installed:

Grass:

Hybrid:

Metallic:

Another look at the differences in the mounts:
MountTypes (resized).jpgMountTypes (resized).jpg

I also made an instructional video to help you install it (and to show how easy it is):

Pre-orderers have been contacted, and as promised, are still paying the original price. The price has been increased slightly for orders going forward, due to the addition of the mounting platform which was not part of the original design (but was required to lower the dog slightly to clear the glass). The mount adds another 3-4 hours of print time and additional hands-on post processing work to add felt (to not scratch your plastic ramp surface) and to attach the dog.

The Presto mod is also ready for production; I've reduced it in size slightly to allow it to fit at the lower right flasher, though it can also fit on the slingshots or the upper right flasher (where the Signals mod goes, if you're not getting that).

A look at the playfield with both of these installed:

SignalsAndPresto (resized).jpgSignalsAndPresto (resized).jpg

Links to Rocket City Pinball's mods for Rush, for reference:
Signals dalmatian/hydrant https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05722-rush-signals-mod-dalmatian-hydrant-flasher-dome
Presto rabbit/hat https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05860-rush-presto-mod-rabbit-hat-flasher-dome
Coin Reject buttons https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05575-3d-coin-reject-buttons-rush
Start button https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05567-3d-start-button-rush
Barchetta development thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-barchetta-mod-rush-development-amp-discussion

#444 2 years ago

First wave of Signals & Presto mods will be going out soon ... lots more to come. Further progress on the Red Barchetta mod planned for mid March.

20220226_234748 (resized).jpg20220226_234748 (resized).jpg

Also, finally got around to using stuff from that collectibles kit -- put on my keychain, used double sided tape to stick the patch on the cup holder, and used that cool metallic sticker on my scoreboard.

20220226_222319 (resized).jpg20220226_222319 (resized).jpg

20220227_003956 (resized).jpg20220227_003956 (resized).jpg
#449 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You may want to consider this for your high scores Great little site that you can display on most tvs/phones/tablets.
https://iscored.info/

I use iscored also! If im hosting a large gathering or tournament, I'll have that up on the TV, but otherwise the ol' markerboard makes for quick & easy reference for anyone looking to land on it.

I have five spots for each member of the family (since we play the most, nice to have our top 5) hence the different color groups(which align with our pictures in the leftmost column). The bottom 10 rows (out of view in the pic) are for the top 10 guests. Then I place the colored chips numbered 1-4 at the 4 highest players to make them easier to find.

1 week later
#537 2 years ago

Next wave ships Thursday...

20220310_005514 (resized).jpg20220310_005514 (resized).jpg
#567 2 years ago

Definitely a fan of Pin Monk's Mode Color Insert Bracket Set. Installed it this morning -- very easy to do, btw -- and it really helps keep track of the modes better since it helps associate them by color.

In this pic you can also see I installed the Houdini flipper toppers. While I wasn't wowed by them at first, I then turned the game on -- and the lights coming from the apron makes them cast shadows in the negative areas and gives them more apparent depth, so now they look really cool.

20220312_190817 (resized).jpg20220312_190817 (resized).jpg
#569 2 years ago

Also note -- I'm finishing up a bunch of Presto rabbits, so third wave of Signals & Presto mods should be shipping out Monday/ Tuesday!

#570 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Who sells the flipper toppers? Those look pretty good on Rush.

Got those straight from American Pinball --https://store.american-pinball.com/products/steampunk-flipper-bat-topper-set

#578 2 years ago

Next wave...

20220313_111830 (resized).jpg20220313_111830 (resized).jpg
#599 2 years ago

Have a friend over to play the fricken greatness that is Rush. Good chance to get some video to showcase the Signals mod with how it performs in-game!

#644 2 years ago

A few folks who purchased my 3D start buttons (shown above) contacted me regarding installation problems, where the button doesn't snap into place as designed. This appears to be the result of a sub-supplier part change at Stern. I recently made a 'Service Bulletin' video (discussing why the issue exists and and demonstrating an easy fix to resolve it) and added it to my shop listing, but it seems not everyone got the memo. No worries -- since many of you browsing this thread are folks who have ordered (or will order) this button -- I'm posting the installation process and the service bulletin here to make sure you're aware of how to address the loose-fit issue.

Installation:

Service Bulletin:

#733 2 years ago

FYI, fourth or fifth or whatever wave of Signals & Presto mods is going out tomorrow! Finally caught up (for now) -- all of you (except a few special cases who've asked me to hold them) who've ordered them (so far) will have them soon if you haven't received them already. Thanks everyone, I appreciate that you appreciate the mods!

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

1:36 is perfect. I bought a 1:32 diecast Ferarri (Enzo, not Barchetta), and it’s a tad too big. But it was only $30 shipped.
[quoted image]

FYI Barchetta is not a model name. Barchetta is a term for a car with no physical top.

Should be finalizing my Barchetta mod with mount options (road scene or one lane bridge) over the next few weeks. I know many of you have been patiently waiting! Reference https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-barchetta-mod-rush-development-amp-discussion for details!

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I bought a set of Houdini steampunk flipper bat toppers from American Pinball a couple weeks ago. I planned on installing them on my Rush pin. I forgot that Rush has 3 flippers....doh!!!
I just went to purchase another set....but they are sold out now....(just my luck).
Does anyone have a single spare lying around that they'd be willing to sell?
I'd appreciate any help.

I did the same thing, lol. If you want any of my mods, and you want to split a Houdini set down the middle, I can include the extra one when I ship your order. lmk!

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

whats the skyking collection

He's referring to my assortment of mods -- Signals (dalmatian/hydrant flasher cover), Presto (rabbit/hat flasher cover), 2112 Start button, hydrant coin buttons, and my Red Barchetta mod that's almost done.

See my shop for the existing mods (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball) and this thread for Red Barchetta progress (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-barchetta-mod-rush-development-amp-discussion).

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm ready fr barchetta!!!!!

Just got back from a family wedding/vacation so should be making more progress this week!

#858 2 years ago

Making excellent progress on the Rocket City Pinball Red Barchetta mod -- finalized the different versions (and available signs) for the road scenes for the back left corner.

One-lane bridge version still in work, as is the lit-headlights variation for the road scenes or the bridge.

More pics, details, and installation how-to video at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-barchetta-mod-rush-development-amp-discussion/page/3#post-6861611

20220402_000345(0) (resized).jpg20220402_000345(0) (resized).jpg

20220402_000308 (resized).jpg20220402_000308 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#993 2 years ago

Easter bunnies going to pay a visit to the houses of more folks who have been patiently waiting!

20220415_134020 (resized).jpg20220415_134020 (resized).jpg
#997 2 years ago

Second wave of corner-road-scene Red Barchetta mods also shipped out today!

#1055 2 years ago

Seems most of us modders are posting over in the owner's thread and here with mod stuff. I'll just drop a link here over to the Red Barchetta thread -- I wired up the headlights into the Super Jackpot light and I love the interactive look.

Link to post with videos:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-barchetta-mod-rush-development-amp-discussion/page/3#post-6894295

#1056 2 years ago

Also, since colored posts has always kinda been my thing, I got my hands on this beautiful antique-brass colored filament that matches the gears and various other artwork in the game. I wont have a chance to put them in the game until sometime next week but I think they'll be a nice touch.

Screenshot_20220422-013527_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220422-013527_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1060 2 years ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Those look sharp! Looking forward to seeing pics once you get them installed.

Thanks! I wish they made TPU in this color so Ninjacamp could make the scoop protector in it. Would look SO much better.

#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Where did you get those if you don’t mind me asking

I make them, in fact colored posts is what started this whole Rocket City Pinball 3D printing thing for me. Plain clear or white posts are boring -- I believe they should complement the art package like they used to back in the 60s.

While there are several manufacturers that offer translucent colors, which are nicer than plain, I have a wider range of colors available for customization of your games, plus I make specialized metallic and multicolor ones too, like "Beskar"/ Steel ones for Mandalorian or Terminator, the antique brass ones for Rush, Caution stripe ones for Jurassic Park or Road Show, bowling pin ones, black ones for card themes, etc.

ae9857904a1a40ae65bafc92b43bc16348eb31f9 (resized).jpgae9857904a1a40ae65bafc92b43bc16348eb31f9 (resized).jpg

rs=w_360,h_270,cg_true (6) (resized).jpegrs=w_360,h_270,cg_true (6) (resized).jpeg

646747cda396570d74f6cd8d75326a41909a6ecd (1) (resized).jpg646747cda396570d74f6cd8d75326a41909a6ecd (1) (resized).jpg

Once I get a chance to put the antique brass ones in my game (next week hopefully) and confirm how they look, I'll make them available in my shop.
20211025_231530 (resized).jpg20211025_231530 (resized).jpg

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You dang guys taking all my money

"You dang guys" is just a one family operation -- myself, my wife (shipping dept & idea bouncer-offer), my daughter (idea comer-upper and occasional 3D modeling assistant), and my son (installer-helper and post-installation game tester lol).

But we do greatly appreciate it!!

#1082 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

I was fortunate enough to be a tester for the Pro Clock.
It was so ridiculously easy to install and it looks awesome in person.

Love the third splash of red that it brings to your game -- Lermod's Pro Clock and Rocket City Pinball's Red Barchetta and Signals mods really pop together!

#1111 1 year ago

Sorry LE guys, I did a thing...

I was pondering that awesome bronze filament I'm using to make the posts (reference https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/22#post-6894329) ...

... I wondered how that would look on my 'Solar Federation' red star 3D Start Button.

The original design intent was to be like the album cover -- red star on a starfield, with text in light blue or purple, shown here:

rush_originals (resized).jpgrush_originals (resized).jpg

rush_black_on_le (resized).jpgrush_black_on_le (resized).jpg

rush_black_on_le_full (resized).jpgrush_black_on_le_full (resized).jpg

Now, don't get me wrong, this looks cool on the LE and I love it. It looks even better on the Premium and the Pro (pics coming soon, just got some nices ones on a premium).

But since I bought that cool new filament to match the gears and stuff on the PF, and the LE cabinet has the gears and stuff ... I decided to try the 2112 start button like this instead:

Gold_new (resized).jpgGold_new (resized).jpg

Gold_flat_lit-ulit (resized).jpgGold_flat_lit-ulit (resized).jpg

Gold_flat_full (resized).jpgGold_flat_full (resized).jpg

Gold_text_lit-unlit (resized).jpgGold_text_lit-unlit (resized).jpg

Gold_text_full (resized).jpgGold_text_full (resized).jpg

Instead of translucent red / starry black / white / black / blue (or purple), this LE-intended design is translucent red / bronze / copper / black / gold.

I'm so torn because I love the starfield and homage to the album cover ... but this looks so cool too.

What do you guys think? If you like it, I'll add these as variations available in my shop. (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05567-3d-start-button-rush)

#1119 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

I would order the new star design for my LE in a heartbeat…. Just sayin’

Who says you can’t have both, and swap them around occasionally?
I like the look, and may buy another, just have to decide which version, lol.

Quoted from kool1:

Looks great for the LEs
Im stil loving my original on my Pro. Always getting compliments on it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Added to my shop -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05567-3d-start-button-rush

#1123 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods: Our illuminated and interactive Fly-by-Night owl.
These take a very long time to make, a lot of detail, just look at the wings.

A lot of nice detail, clearly put the time in. What I don't understand though, between yours and Modfather's repainted one, is why you've chosen to make them such a deep blue. Why blue? I understand the owl on the FbN album cover has a bluish hue, but that's merely because it's a white owl seen in the moonlight. It's not a blue owl.

(You'll note it's a white owl in the game animations too.)

Anyway, nice work on the design & hoot-again-lights tie-in ... I would just suggest a more realistic color.

#1125 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

thx. It's blue because that's how it looks on the album cover and on the game. Ever since I was a kid, whenever i think of fly by night, I think of a blue owl. I realize snow owls are white, but it would look kind of weird if we made a white one and not match the Rush theme...plus, if we made it white, the first post would be "why did you make it white, it's blue on the album and the game?"
That said, if you want it white, I can easily offer that option.

Haha, this is going to become the blue/black or white/gold dress discussion!

I see what you're saying and recognize many others may also see it the same "literal" color. I've always seen it in the full context of the scene, as a white owl in the moonlight, and many others will also see it this way. As such, I guess you should consider offering both options, which it sounds like you're open to. GLWS

#1143 1 year ago

not a blue owlnot a blue owl

This has been an interesting controversy. If anything, the discussion helped Lermods sell more owls since it sounds like they can be offered in either blue or white. I'll stop now

#1148 1 year ago

Fun video showcasing Rocket City Pinball's Red Barchetta mod (with lit headlights) and Space Coast Pinball's vacuum tube bulbs.

(Don't mind the missing screw on the Super Jackpot sign, I removed it for size verification. As part of the lighting mod I'm replacing these with gold-colored hardware -- like the one by the S -- so they blend in better.)

#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

at least the bulb does, it flashes right in your eyes and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Funny you'd say that, it always bothered me how much the bulb sticks out of there and how big the hole in the sign is. Included with my lighted red barchetta mod is a custom fitting/spacer that fills the hole and makes the replacement bulb sit more flush. Plus it'll include gold colored hardware (like the one by the S in the modded-version picture below; I accidentally ordered the wrong size for the lower two, so those will be here soon) to blend in better.

Unmodded:
20220501_100858 (resized).jpg20220501_100858 (resized).jpg

Modded (less the two screws to be replaced with the gold colored ones soon):
20220501_100626 (resized).jpg20220501_100626 (resized).jpg

#1157 1 year ago

That doesn't do it for me either, not sure I like the exposed LEDs, and it still leaves a big gap around the hole.

I think I might take my own idea -- designed to accommodate the different bulb type used in my lit Red Barchetta mod -- and modify it further to accommodate the stock bulb. I think it would still look lightyears better with the filled gap and bulb not sticking out so far. (And with the updated hardware.) It'd be a nice little cleanup mod that folks who don't get the Red Barchetta can still enjoy.

I'll see if I can get that put together and in my shop later this week.

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

That doesn't do it for me either, not sure I like the exposed LEDs, and it still leaves a big gap around the hole.
I think I might take my own idea -- designed to accommodate the different bulb type used in my lit Red Barchetta mod -- and modify it further to accommodate the stock bulb. I think it would still look lightyears better with the filled gap and bulb not sticking out so far. (And with the updated hardware.) It'd be a nice little cleanup mod that folks who don't get the Red Barchetta can still enjoy.
I'll see if I can get that put together and in my shop later this week.

Ok here we go, updated the model late last night and ran print overnight, so now it accomodates the stock bulb.
Screenshot_20220502-182158_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220502-182158_Gallery (resized).jpg

... here's before and after, with the stock bulb. Cleans it up nicely. Again, I'll be including the gold colored hardware shown near the S, just waiting for the replacement screws for the bottom two to arrive, then I'll post updated pics and drop it in my shop.

Before, messy and exposed:
20220501_100858 (resized).jpg20220501_100858 (resized).jpg

After, nice and clean. (Bottom screws will be gold too)
20220502_092032 (resized).jpg20220502_092032 (resized).jpg

#1179 1 year ago

Super Jackpot Light Cleanup Kit is now available in my shop!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/06816-rush-super-jackpot-light-cleanup-kit

Super duper easy to install (though I still managed to drop a screw/washer, lol)

(Note: those of you purchasing my Red Barchetta road-scene mod with LIT headlights will not need this kit, as that version of the mod comes with a variation of this design/setup .... which is what gave me this idea in the first place.)

#1181 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I love that mod, but it hits a little too close to home.

Thanks, though I'm honestly not sure what you mean here?

Edit-- this is a self-deprecating genitalia joke, isn't it ... lol

#1183 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

I've got this and an LE start button in my cart. What about copper color LE posts? At minimum I'd like to replace the clear star posts Stern uses to prevent ball traps.

Awesome! The posts are ready, I just haven't had the chance to put them in the machine to take pics, and I didn't want to put them up for sale in the shop until I had pics. If you want to include the star post replacements for now, just order them under the Golden Posts listing (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04224-golden-posts-for-games-w-gold-art-or-yellowed-aged-pfs , ignore the note about minimum qty since you're ordering other stuff) and just include a note on the order that these should be 'antique brass for Rush'.

(Hoping to get to the installation this weekend. My daughter is taking my wife to the movies for Mother's Day so I might have some time then, my son can be my trusty assistant.)

#1194 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here's a quick mod we just put together, backboard flasher tied to the clock insert flasher by the pops. Could be easily moved to any other flasher. Shown in ice blue, but other colors available. Similar to what we’ve done for games like metallica, iron man and acdc only voltage is different on spike games.

Looks cool for Pro & Premium, without expression lighting. I think this combined with expression lighting might be seizure-inducing!

#1196 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Gonna be great on le. I have this kit on metallica and really think it adds a lot

Certainly hope so, just wondering if it'll clash with all the other lighting already going on from the expression lighting?

#1197 1 year ago

"What could this strange device be...?"

Screenshot_20220512-171811_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220512-171811_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1200 1 year ago

So ... between my posts that I teased back in Post 1056 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/22#post-6894329) and my the gold hardware in my Super Jackpot Cleanup Kit in Post 1179 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/24#post-6916348) .... it really kinda opened Pandora's Box.

With my own artistic love of proper color coordination (colored posts is what started this Rocket City Pinball gig for me in the first place), and some nudging to acknowledge where I already knew this was headed (thanks, but no thanks, but thanks Kez11 ) ... I'm afraid I'm getting carried away but it'll be worth it in the end.

With all the steampunk bronze/copper/gold on the plastics, the silver hardware just sticks out like a sore thumb. As such, I've painstakingly examined, sourced, and ordered all the necessary gold-colored hardware to replace all the silver screws & washers in the game that touch the decorative plastics. Once I have everything in hand and confirm I've got everything right, I'll offer this as a kit.

But it's not just the hardware itself! Looking at the game, and imagining all the gold hardware in place (or seeing some, as I had some alreadly), the next things that really stands out (pin intended) as clashing are the hex spacers, that are holding up some of the plastics and ramps and stuff. So ... again, did I mention Pandora's box? ... I designed and printed Rocket City Pinball's newest thing -- Hex Sleeves to cover up the hex spacers with a more appropriate color! They're designed to simply slide over the hex spacer and hide it inside. These will be available for Rush and for other games too (if you have others you'd like to add color to). I haven't had time to look around (between the day job and evening family time & late night working on these things), so I don't know if anyone else is making things like this, but a quick search I ran just now doesn't yield anything. Might be onto something new here! But anyway --

On Rush at least, almost all of these hex spacers have a washer at their base. To remove the hex spacer though, you need to grab the head of the screw underneath the plastic, and there are several spots where they're not easily accessible. As such, I added a rounded flange to the base of the Hex Sleeves -- this hides the washer so it's not noticeable unless you're looking at it from a very low angle.

I'm printing these in the same antique brass color as the posts. Here's a teaser photo of what these will look like when installed. You'll also note in this pic that I installed my replacement posts as well as the Hex Sleeves. The Hex Sleeves are shown here with the gold screws/washers installed too.... several others around them (including in the replacement posts) are still silver because I haven't received the new gold hardware yet. So consider this a tease, I'll post more pics when I have all the hardware in hand and continue the swapout!

1 week later
#1214 1 year ago

Coming soon from Rocket City Pinball -- full hardware cleanup kits!

My super jackpot cleanup kit -- particularly the gold hardware -- (and the antique brass posts I'd dropped in here a while back) really got me thinking...

The silver screws, washers, and nuts totally clash with the copper/bronze/gold colors on the plastics -- so I've sourced gold-colored hardware to replace them! I'm in the process of meticulously going through each of the different size and length fasteners that I think should be changed (generally anything not installed into a steel/silver part) and will build a complete list & map to accompany the kit.

Kit will also include new antique-brass colored 3D-printed HexSleeves, anti-balltrap posts, spacers, and optional skinny plastic-support posts.

More info to follow as the bill of materials gets finalized!

20220525_005423 (resized).jpg20220525_005423 (resized).jpg20220525_005510 (resized).jpg20220525_005510 (resized).jpg20220525_005609 (resized).jpg20220525_005609 (resized).jpg20220525_005741 (resized).jpg20220525_005741 (resized).jpg
#1223 1 year ago

Finally finished (I think) installing all the hardware for the Cleanup Kit in my game, and holy crap there was a lot of it. It looks great but it was a TON of work. Some disassembly required -- mostly plastics or disconnecting the long ramp or habitrails to shift them out of the way for better access. No major components need to be removed.

Here's everything I pulled out of the game:
20220528_013150 (resized).jpg20220528_013150 (resized).jpg

Next step is to tally up everything I installed (plus all the spacers & hex sleeves & posts I printed) so I can figure out a price this whole package, then determine how many more sets I can make before I need to buy more hardware! If you're interested, let me know --a rough idea how many people want this package might be helpful!

Then I'll also need to make some installation maps/guides.

Here's a few more teaser pics.
20220528_013502 (resized).jpg20220528_013502 (resized).jpg20220528_013518 (resized).jpg20220528_013518 (resized).jpg20220528_013537 (resized).jpg20220528_013537 (resized).jpg20220528_013602 (resized).jpg20220528_013602 (resized).jpg20220528_013707 (resized).jpg20220528_013707 (resized).jpg20220528_013728 (resized).jpg20220528_013728 (resized).jpg20220528_020702 (resized).jpg20220528_020702 (resized).jpg20220528_020753 (resized).jpg20220528_020753 (resized).jpg

#1226 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Wow!
You’re something else man. Next level. W O W
I would be interested in an option to just do the “surface visible” ones. The 10-20 that are in the surface plastics and mostly lower PF.
Will there be a “Lite” version available ? Lol

Yeah I was definitely going to make the "lowest level" posts optional, primarily because people freak out about the clearcoat these days, and also because they're a bit more work to access-- primarily the ones on the left side around the drop targets.

#1227 1 year ago

I also need to take a closer look at a Pro and see if any changes are needed for that version.

1 week later
#1235 1 year ago

Just a quick PSA, regarding something SkyKing mentioned in his video for the start button mod install.
I have a later run Premium(April 27th), and had the opaque version of the button holder. As he mentioned, it could have been due to parts availability, or someone building the game just grabbed whatever was close, but I did not have to mod the attachment. Fit perfect as designed, and looks great. Just wanted to confirm, it didn’t change on all games.

Thank you so much for this info, I'm relieved to hear that my hunch (based on past factory work experience) may have been correct. I'm also therefore glad (and feeling justified) that I didn't waste time remodeling and reslicing and stocking different versions to accommodate it!

1 month later
#1257 1 year ago
Quoted from SuS:

He's quite curious about the rabbit though.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Presto rabbit looks a little uneasy...

1 week later
#1265 1 year ago

This came up in discussion in the main Rush owners thread, but I figured I'd post it over here to get your opinions since it's kinda mod-ish.

I've been finding that it's easier to get to The Voyage (via all multiball modes)
than it is to Hemispheres (via completing all song modes), so I generally play for that first, and so have to remember which MBs I've played. However, during sessions of several games, or particularly long games, I find I struggle to keep track. It's not in the status screens either.

So... I came up with this -- the Multiball Tracker!

Please forgive the crudeness of this **PROTOTYPE** ... if/when I take this into production I intend to use nice (likely single color for cleanliness) graphics and plan to make the structure a little more robust.

20220721_162607 (resized).jpg20220721_162607 (resized).jpg

20220721_162615 (resized).jpg20220721_162615 (resized).jpg

20220721_162623 (resized).jpg20220721_162623 (resized).jpg

It's essentially a little set of windows (like webcam covers, which is what I based it on) that are set atop a magnet that you can position on your lockdown bar. Each window has an indicator (letters in my prototype, clean simple graphics in the final version) representing each MB. Start a multiball, just flick that window closed. Then at a quick glance (without having to pause the game even if it ever does end up in the status screens), you can easily be reminded what's left.

I played several games using the prototype and I found it to be a HUGE help, really helped me plan out my next move.

Here's a draft of roughly what I was thinking for the graphics style. Unfortunately all these designs I'd used for this draft are licensed images that I can't use for merchandise, so I'll have to find/make some others, but this at least gives you a rough idea what I'm going for.

Screenshot_20220727-203055_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220727-203055_Gallery (resized).jpg

What do you guys think, is there interest in this product and should I continue with development? I would have the magnets printed professionally onto the standard soft thin magnets. I'd probably 3D print the window unit & slides for the Pro/Prem in purple and for the LE in the antique brass shown here, but really could do whatever color you want.

Thoughts/comments?

1 month later
#1280 1 year ago

Three quick Rush mod updates from Rocket City Pinball ...

First, I've added three additional album representations for the 3D Coin Reject buttons. Initially I only had Signals represented, but thanks to a few particular requests, I also now have Hold Your Fire, Presto, and Counterparts. I have them available in 'album colors' -- basically, the color schemes from the album covers -- or whatever other translucent color background you want. If you're looking to match the cabinet art, tangerine looks best on the LE and purple or white/clear look best on the Premium & Pro (in my opinion). Available at: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05575-3d-coin-reject-buttons-rush

Second, I'm very nearly caught up with the waitlist on Red Barchetta mods. Once I take care of the remaining waitlisters, I'll circle back and re-ping the several folks who never responded to their "it's-your-turn" notifications. If I don't hear from them on this second go-around, their reservation will be dropped and their car will be freed up for other future buyers. (So, if you've been expecting a message from me, better go look to make sure you didn't miss it!)

Finally, the long-awaiting Hardware Cleanup Kit is nearly complete. I've had two awesome 'guinea pigs' install the kits to make sure my hardware quantities were accurate, and to determine how challenging the installation is (and where I need to provide additional guidance to ensure correct which-parts-go-where). It's a 245 piece kit (you read that right), including all the necessary gold hardware, hex sleeves, spacers, fat posts, skinny posts, in a nice little organizer box! (Some people might want to leave their clear skinny posts in place, so the kit is also available without skinny posts.)

FullKit (resized).jpgFullKit (resized).jpg

I've made the kits available for pre-order at https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/06894-rush-hardware-cleanup-kit-pre-order-now but please be aware of a few things:
- I have several people already waitlisted for this kit who had already contacted me. I will be taking care of them first.
- I'm sticking with pre-orders for now just in case there's a large wave of orders at first. There are 58 pieces I need to print for each kit, plus I'm in the process of restocking all the different the hardware, so I don't want folks to fully pay and then have to wait a while. After handling the pre-orders, I'll eventually flip it over to general ordering once things stabilize.

5 months later
#1329 1 year ago

Here's a freebie for anyone who wants to make their own -- the Rush Multiball Tracker!

My test parts for this handy little tool have been sitting on my desk for literally six months, so I finally decided to finish it up today.

MBTracker2 (resized).jpgMBTracker2 (resized).jpg

Reference the original post / pitch here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/168#post-7046893

Back in the early code, there was no way to keep track of what Multiball modes you'd played so far. You need to know, so that you can play all six, working toward Cygnus X-1 Book 1. Eventually, after lots of pleading from owners, the programmers finally added a screen in the Instant Info to tell you which multiball modes you'd played.

With that update, there wasn't much need/desire for my fun little tool, so I never bothered to finish it or put it in my shop.

Personally, I like the idea of not having to pause the game to access the info! So I finished the Multiball Tracker this evening and tried it out -- I really like it!
Start a multiball, close the window, and see at a quick glance which modes still remain.

MBTracker1 (resized).jpgMBTracker1 (resized).jpg

I've posted this on Thingiverse as a freebie (not for resale). Print and assemble your own!
1) 3D print the housing and six tabs in the color(s) of your choice
2) Print the icon strip on regular paper -- image should be sized to 4.062" in length
3) Glue/adhere the icon strip to a piece of magnet sheet -- the type with an adhesive upper surface will work best!
4) Glue the housing to the magnet/icon sheet combo, using super glue along the edges and the 'beams' between the windows
5) Insert the tabs oriented so the raised piece can be 'dragged' open or closed!

Link to STL files on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5861773

Icon strip:
MultiballTrackerIcons (resized).jpgMultiballTrackerIcons (resized).jpg

3 months later
#1374 11 months ago

Topper cleanup kit is up for pre-order in my shop. Orders will be filled in June due to hardware lead time and family end-of-school activities.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/08570-rush-topper-hardware-cleanup-kit
TopperCleanup (resized).jpgTopperCleanup (resized).jpg

Also note I'm playing with some ideas for a replacement knob, will update the kit accordingly.

4 weeks later
#1376 10 months ago

Several folks have received their topper hardware kits and there seems to be some confusion about what goes where. Reference this map below ... note not ALL of the screws are intended to be replaced with gold. Six silver screws were included with the kit for specific locations where silver will look (i.e. blend in) better than gold.

TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpgTopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1382 8 months ago

The ugliness of the big dumb black dummy tournament button was starting to get annoying. For the LE, I've made a nice replacement dummy button with a brass colored gear, to help blend in with the cabinet art better.

TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpgTrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg

Super easy to install, cleans things up nicely. Available in my shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/09194-dummy-button-replacement-rush-le

TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpgTrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1385 7 months ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Great idea! Anything in the works for the premium?

PM incoming!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it?tu=SkyKing2301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.