(Topic ID: 307587)

RUSH - Mods and Toys; what are you hoping for, and/or who's making an offering?

By Rodent

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,385 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg
TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg
20230811_102954 (resized).jpg
Rush-Pinball-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Stern-Pinball-Rush-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Rush-Pinball-Owl-Shooter-Rod.jpg
TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
TopperCleanup (resized).jpg
IMG_1839D (resized).JPG
IMG_1862D (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859D (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA874350-BCBF-471C-AEAE-8415DD964D00 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Something to cover the Insider and warning label on the apron.

By request I've already been working on those. I have the Insider magnet art done and almost done on the warning label. I made these for Godzilla also and they were very popular. They will be ready to ship in a week or so and on my Pinside store.
LE1 (resized).pngLE1 (resized).png

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are you making something for pro apron as well?

Yeah the IC magnet and decals for the warning label will be generic for all models. I am working on something using album covers for the apron...

1 week later
#131 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

As far as powering mods from Spike 2 systems, I'm assuming the Pinballlife mod power board is still one of the better options?

Are you talking about this?
https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines-cabinet-mounting.html

That is a power supply and splitter in one. It allows you to power a device and not load down the Stern 5v and 12v power supply. They also sell a similar looking device that is simply a splitter. Depending on your device(s), one or the other is a great option.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I'm happy with the new arches, as they give it a more realistic bridge look/design.

As someone who grew up in the Keystone State of Pennsylvania, I can tell you the new arches are definitely more realistic. I like the roadway, but I think I will be going with the bridge for my machine. Just need to decide on the color haha.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Stupid Question Will you be able to swap out the Back glass? i Want to Have all 3 Back glass if Possible

They are swappable. The Pro and Premium use translites and should be available for purchase sooner or later. LE uses a real backglass instead of a translite. The ONLY way to get one of those is to buy the LE.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

Could someone playing onsite snap a pic of the top of the back box? I'd like to know if there are any connections points/holes/bolts/or screws I can leverage as ready-made topper mounting options.

The holes and screws are already there for four corner mount of a topper. When you install the Stern toppers, you remove the specific 4 screws, set the topper in place and use the same screws to attach the topper in place...

#220 2 years ago

My first reaction when I saw this game was: the 90s called and want their flashers back! Good to see a lot of mod makers have answered the call.

My second reaction was that this looks like a great game and I need to reserve one!

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You did, didn't you? hopefully

Yeah I'm in for a Premium. Unfortunately it is the second run, so probably a long wait. Hopefully someone pulls out and I can get moved up.

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

This IC mod started in the Pinside 3D printing thread, including the guys who put it together.......

Also lots of discussion in the IC thread and if you don't have access to a 3D printer, available with and without volume and headphone cutouts on this pinside store:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#353 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Would be cool if you could customize the dates. I'd love one from the Toronto date

I make the ticket magnets. I picked the ticket I did because it was very clean and the colors went with all of the three versions of the game but especially with the LE. I have a customer who is working on possibly being able to customize the tickets with a template. If so, there is a possibility to print them as custom decals instead of magnets. If you have a scan of a particular ticket, I may be able to do something for you too...

1 week later
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm still working on templates. all sales will go through John I (unless he doesn't want to handle them). this was *his* mod to begin and I am not going to attempt to steal away any of his potential sales

J_M_ has my full blessing to make these custom magnets! I don't have a lot of time for pinball mod development right now due to my day job and some personal matters. This is too good an idea to go to waste. In fact I might buy one myself. I think the last time I saw Rush was the Roll the Bones tour in the Orlando Arena.

I do plan a purple magnet with Toronto venue and R40 date to match the Premiums a little better. Also, a small run of Mandalorian since I just got one with factory IC sticker to cover!

1 week later
#491 2 years ago

Is someone making plastic protectors yet for Rush? MUCH prefer clear.

#497 2 years ago

There is no replacement card in the goodie bag?

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I saw those but 2 issues. I couldn't figure out that program to resize and I don't have a decent printer....
Anyone handy that way? I'm happy to pay for supplies, times and shipping.

I usually just convert the file so it is 4x6 inches using a free program called GIMP. That way I can print it at any online photo printer as a standard cheap 4x6 photo and cut it down to size. There are a ton of cards, so tell me which slide numbers from that post you like best and I will post them here in a format that can be printed for 25 cents at Walgreens or any photo printer.

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Slides 12,13, and 19 all awesome - thank you for offering!

OK here are those three. I uploaded them without scaling, so you should be able to click on them, download and save. I've been meaning to make a video showing how to do this, but I have to set up my new PC for recording still. Here it is in a nutshell using a freeware program called GIMP. Download and install GIMP; I think there is even a version for mac these days. It has a lot of the same functions as photoshop, but at a much better price!

Basically you open the file and "scale image" to the proper size. In this case 3 x 5.5 inches for a Stern card. I usually go a little smaller say 2.9 x 5.4 inches and make it 300dpi in the same menu. Then go into "canvas size", set the canvas size to 4 x 6 inches, click "center", fill with white and hit resize. At this point you export as a .jpg or .png preferably with no compression and it should be ready to print.

When you print at home or online/CVS/Walgreens etc, be sure to print in original size, no scaling, edge to edge (borderless). It will print with a white boarder around the card and you just need to cut it out.
Rush 12.pngRush 12.pngRush 13.pngRush 13.pngRush 19.pngRush 19.png

1 week later
#609 2 years ago

This is something I've been working on to replace the factory LEDs on the time machine. It's taken a lot of work and design changes to get to this point. This is still a working prototype though, I should have the proper color LEDs in this week. I hope to make these available soon.

Comments?

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

If there is an option for clear I would like that too.

The filament is the hardest part. The clear material looks milky white. I have a plan to fix that...

Quoted from McIntyre905:

These are cool how much or how hard would it be to switch these out

These are basically just LEDs with a big case that looks like a vacuum tube.
Install is as easy as replacing a bulb.

#646 2 years ago

I think it looks good. I worry about the small holes over the speaker and how it effects the sound? I ordered the one with the LE speaker cutout on the Premium artwork for my premium. BTW nice ticket magnet

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#664 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

I'll take 3 sets

Cool. I am working on making the filaments color coordinated with the red, green and orange LEDs that will light them. They look a lot better that way, plus the filament having color instead of being milky white looks better when the bulb is not lit. Should have some to the beta testers in a couple of days and hopefully shipping in a week. Each one is hand made and takes some tinkering, so I'll be busy trying to get a bunch made!

#723 2 years ago

Putting the finishing touches on the time machine vacuum tube mod. Designed a base to sort of tie all the lights together visually, but also help hold the lights up straight. The sockets like to lean all over the place otherwise!
Just need to test some new LEDs to make them brighter. I wasn't happy with the brightness before. Also deciding whether to offer them in red, green and orange filaments like my factory lights, or all orange/gold, or a choice of one or the other.
Getting really close to shopping, but this is still a prototype in the picture.

20220322_154852 (resized).jpg20220322_154852 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#994 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

When's this happening??
[quoted image]

I'm happy to say this should begin shipping this weekend. I had to overcome a few issues with the design, source better LEDs and also deal with some personal problems... All is well now and I'm pumping them out as we speak. They are not the easiest thing to make and each one is hand assemble so they are all slightly different.

They are going to be the factory colors as shown in the Rush manual. Red, orange/amber and green from left to right.

(I will make an announcement here when the item is in my store)

1 week later
#1087 1 year ago

OK its taken a lot of work to get here, but Space Coast Pinball is finally able to release the first shipment of the Time Machine simulated vacuum tube lighting. This took me a while to get the look I wanted and find a bright enough LED to go inside. I've also been SUPER busy in my personal life and day job, so I apologize they are so late. Each light is hand assembled and painted from 6 parts per bulb, so all are slightly different as a result. It has a real steam punk look and I was just playing my game and they look amazing if I do say so. Because of the intricate nature of the build, a lot of time and effort goes in to making each one of these. I'm sure this first wave will sell out soon and I will try to ramp up production speed with the help of some new tools that are on their way!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/06768-rush-time-machine-simulated-vacuum-tube-led-upgrade-kit

#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Looks great! Watched your install video and see that the lights are in the vacuum tube case. What if an led malfunctions or burns out. Is it replaceable?

These are based on Cointaker LEDs, so should be very, very reliable in the long run. That said, they are encased as an integral part of the assembly and the LED itself can' t be replaced. In the outside chance any are defective and fail early, I will replace it. I've been on Pinside for 17 years now, so hopefully I will be around another 17. I tried a number of ways to make the LED separate and things were not sturdy enough and the light alignment is critical to being bright enough.

1 week later
#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Also, who is making the steam punk flasher dome covers? Whoever is, pm me and maybe we could trade mods, always like doing that.

I got these for the two on the left. They look great.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods/05759-rush-steampunk-gear-flash-covers

#1185 1 year ago

Something else that will help clean up the look of the three indicator lights in this game would be using the colored "indicator lamps" from Comet. Basically the domes are the color of the LED instead of being that ugly white.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/colored-lens-indicator-lamps

2 weeks later
#1210 1 year ago

Anyone who has pre-orders in for the time machine lights will be hearing from me soon if you haven't already. It takes a while to build these. I have 40 sets complete and more coming soon. Here is what 40 of the green ones look like in the tray where I let the glue dry.

20220523_085722 (resized).jpg20220523_085722 (resized).jpg
#1211 1 year ago

And here is my sophisticated test tool for testing the final product before shipping.

20220523_090450 (resized).jpg20220523_090450 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#1283 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Three quick Rush mod updates from Rocket City Pinball ...
First, I've added three additional album representations for the 3D Coin Reject buttons. Initially I only had Signals represented, but thanks to a few particular requests, I also now have Hold Your Fire, Presto, and Counterparts. I have them available in 'album colors' -- basically, the color schemes from the album covers -- or whatever other translucent color background you want. If you're looking to match the cabinet art, tangerine looks best on the LE and purple or white/clear look best on the Premium & Pro (in my opinion). Available at: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05575-3d-coin-reject-buttons-rush
[quoted image]
Second, I'm very nearly caught up with the waitlist on Red Barchetta mods. Once I take care of the remaining waitlisters, I'll circle back and re-ping the several folks who never responded to their "it's-your-turn" notifications. If I don't hear from them on this second go-around, their reservation will be dropped and their car will be freed up for other future buyers. (So, if you've been expecting a message from me, better go look to make sure you didn't miss it!)
Finally, the long-awaiting Hardware Cleanup Kit is nearly complete. I've had two awesome 'guinea pigs' install the kits to make sure my hardware quantities were accurate, and to determine how challenging the installation is (and where I need to provide additional guidance to ensure correct which-parts-go-where). It's a 245 piece kit (you read that right), including all the necessary gold hardware, hex sleeves, spacers, fat posts, skinny posts, in a nice little organizer box! (Some people might want to leave their clear skinny posts in place, so the kit is also available without skinny posts.)
[quoted image]
I've made the kits available for pre-order at https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/06894-rush-hardware-cleanup-kit-pre-order-now but please be aware of a few things:
- I have several people already waitlisted for this kit who had already contacted me. I will be taking care of them first.
- I'm sticking with pre-orders for now just in case there's a large wave of orders at first. There are 58 pieces I need to print for each kit, plus I'm in the process of restocking all the different the hardware, so I don't want folks to fully pay and then have to wait a while. After handling the pre-orders, I'll eventually flip it over to general ordering once things stabilize.

That hardware kit looks sick!! I can't wait to get one. I have a Titan ring set waiting to go and figure I will install them both at the same time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it?tu=John_I and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.