(Topic ID: 307587)

RUSH - Mods and Toys; what are you hoping for, and/or who's making an offering?

By Rodent

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,385 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg
TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg
20230811_102954 (resized).jpg
Rush-Pinball-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Stern-Pinball-Rush-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Rush-Pinball-Owl-Shooter-Rod.jpg
TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
TopperCleanup (resized).jpg
IMG_1839D (resized).JPG
IMG_1862D (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859D (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA874350-BCBF-471C-AEAE-8415DD964D00 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.
#1 2 years ago

Now that Stern is officially making RUSH in Pro, Premium, and LE versions, let's hear it for mods/toys you're hoping somebody will bring to market and/or mods/toys that you've working on bringing to market. I'm excited to see what goodness awaits!

#2 2 years ago

I have a Prem on order, and would like to see somebody make a toy for the magic hat with a rabbit in it. Not sure yet where to locate such a toy, but it's definitely on my want list to accompany the Dalmation + hydrant toy offered by Rocket City Pinball (I have no association with RCP, but have put in a pre-order for their offering)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05722-hydrant-flasher-dome-amp-dalmatian-for-rush

#3 2 years ago

I am looking to make a mod for the scoop area with the dice. I have ordered large dice for a mold and they will be on mounts/possibly springs. I will also look to use the scoop leds to light up the white dice instead of the weak green

It should match up with dice that roll on the lcd when you hit the mystery scoop
211FB245-9687-4045-8075-2761F661F0F4 (resized).png211FB245-9687-4045-8075-2761F661F0F4 (resized).png

DB90C2A2-DC92-4F8A-9126-8EC1DA1D050A (resized).jpegDB90C2A2-DC92-4F8A-9126-8EC1DA1D050A (resized).jpeg
#4 2 years ago

Thanks for starting the mod thread. Have a few ideas, but will wait for the game to arrive before showing anything. I saw the fire hydrant, not for me, but these are all over thingiverse if you can/want to print your own.

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=Fire+hydrant&type=things&sort=relevant

Quoted from Rodent:

I have a Prem on order, and would like to see somebody make a toy for the magic hat with a rabbit in it. Not sure yet where to locate such a toy, but it's definitely on my want list to accompany the Dalmation + hydrant toy offered by Rocket City Pinball (I have no association with RCP, but have put in a pre-order for their offering)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05722-hydrant-flasher-dome-amp-dalmatian-for-rush

#5 2 years ago

For the PRO

A drum clock that connects to the pop lights and either illuminates or has some sort of movement perhaps.

Washing/vending machine sculpt

Something nice to cover all the Insider connected crap on the pro apron or perhaps an entirely new apron to better resemble the premium/LE look.

#6 2 years ago

Something to cover the Insider and warning label on the apron.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Something to cover the Insider and warning label on the apron.

By request I've already been working on those. I have the Insider magnet art done and almost done on the warning label. I made these for Godzilla also and they were very popular. They will be ready to ship in a week or so and on my Pinside store.
LE1 (resized).pngLE1 (resized).png

#8 2 years ago

I'd like to see a replacement for the flashers on the slings. Not sure the fire hydrant will look good there,,

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

By request I have already been working on those. I have the Insider magnet art done and almost done on the warning label. I made these for Godzilla also and they were very popular. They will be ready to ship in a week or so and on my Pinside store.[quoted image]

I'm in for both pieces John!!

#10 2 years ago

John the ticket stub is a fantastic idea and it looks amazing. Great work as always!

Someone needs to make an entire apron mod to cover qr since wizard mod got shut down. I recommend doing some cool steam punk gears, etc. that would not infringe upon IP. Also would like to see someone make a cover up sticker for center band members. I recommend a classic realistic photo and no cartoons.

Also anything having to do with drums-mini drum kit, 3D drumstick sticker for flippers, engraved drumstick, mini cymbals over pops? The list goes on...

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

By request I've already been working on those. I have the Insider magnet art done and almost done on the warning label. I made these for Godzilla also and they were very popular. They will be ready to ship in a week or so and on my Pinside store.
[quoted image]

Are you making something for pro apron as well?

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are you making something for pro apron as well?

Yeah the IC magnet and decals for the warning label will be generic for all models. I am working on something using album covers for the apron...

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah the IC magnet and decals for the warning label will be generic for all models. I am working on something using album covers for the apron...

Cool, I get the impression the pro only has the one rule card on left side and the right side is all insider connected crap. Really ruins the look of the apron.

#14 2 years ago

The only mod that matters is a ramp to put in place of the dead end shot in the pro

#15 2 years ago

I have a couple items over here at Rocket City Pinball, I'll put them in separate posts to keep things clean/organized.

3D Start Buttons -- the Solar Federation's infamous red star shines through a sparkling black starfield. START in light blue or purple (like the album cover) in a 2112-esque font, or now available with no text at all (per a recent request).

Installation is super easy and takes less than five minutes -- see DIY video in the listing.

Link to shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05567-3d-start-button-rush

Pics:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#16 2 years ago

Also from Rocket City Pinball -- 3D Coin Reject Buttons ... featuring a fire hydrant to represent the Signals album.

I initially made them with a clear/white base since we hadn't seen the cabinets yet. Now that we've seen the cabinets, almost any color would work on the pro, purple or clear/white would work well on the premium, and tangerine or yellow would work well on the LE -- but it's up to you.

Translucent base colors available are red, orange, tangerine, yellow, green, light blue, blue, green, purple, or white/clear.

Link to shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05575-3d-coin-reject-buttons-rush

Pics:

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

Hey Rodent I appreciate the shoutout!

I'll see about a rabbit/hat mod -- I have these coin buttons I'd previously made for Theatre of Magic. I don't know how well they'll scale down for the coin buttons on this game, since the buttons are smaller. But scaling up would be simple so I'll experiment with a larger version that can be mounted elsewhere.

#18 2 years ago

Our game will be here in the next 2 weeks and have a bunch of mock ups already that just need sizing and fitment.

#19 2 years ago

Another from Rocket City Pinball -- the hydrant flasher dome + dalmatian, to represent the Signals album.

I'm currently taking pre-orders on this -- I want to confirm fit / installation on the actual game before I start shipping. I further modified Mike Smith's nice hydrant model and printed it in translucent red so the whole thing lights up when it fits over the flasher bulb. Of course, every hydrant needs a dog, so I sourced an existing pre-manufactured resin dalmatian model. I attached a foot-mount to one of its rear feet, so installation is as easy as removing & reinstalling two screws -- the hydrant replaces the flasher dome and mounts at its lower hole, and the dog's foot mount attaches at the bulb socket mount / upper hole.

Below is a video and some pics of it installed in my X-Files, to give you an idea of what it'll look like. I expect the best place to install this in Rush will be at the upper right flasher, by the S-curve in the plastic ramp.

Link to shop for pre-orders: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05722-hydrant-flasher-dome-amp-dalmatian-for-rush

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#20 2 years ago

Here's one more upcoming from Rocket City Pinball -- a Red Barchetta mod! I sourced a limited number of these GORGEOUS die-cast Ferraris (the appropriate model being referred to in the song), and have been working on a 'one-lane bridge' to mount it on. They're a perfect size for the game, about 1.5x the size of a standard matchbox car.

The bridge I've been modeling ends up making the whole model assembly somewhat large, so I think I might be overdoing it -- I may just scrap the bridge idea and go back to a simpler mount. More info to follow while I mess around with this. There are several places this could go in the game.

I'm not taking 'official' pre-orders on this yet until I get the mount and/or bridge design closer to a final state. However, feel free to PM me if you'd like to be waitlisted.

#21 2 years ago

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Also anything having to do with drums-mini drum kit, 3D drumstick sticker for flippers, engraved drumstick, mini cymbals over pops? The list goes on...

3D drum sticks for the lower two flippers - yes!!

#23 2 years ago

I'm also going to want a speaker panel cover that coordinates with the Prem art work. all that black space is kind boring, but it'd also be easy to over do the art and distract from the back glass

#24 2 years ago

I'd like to see a couple people in jumpsuits carrying an oil painting of Gary or Ed (After all, it's Pinball). Often times during Rush concerts there would be the same guys in jumpsuits carrying things on and off the stage constantly.
For the Pro owner's since there's no clock, it opens up a lot of options. There doesn't even have to be a clock there and whatever is going on with the clock? I find it a little distracting during gameplay.. I say put a couple washing machines there and when the pop bumpers are triggered? It starts them up. Another idea would be to put a Neil Peart Bass drum there (a mini real looking one) with a Starman logo on it that lights at all times, like Neil's set from R30.
Also for the Pro owner's, we can still fit 2 cards on the apron so I see that as a plus, nice 3d lenticular card's might look good, lots of ideas, album covers like Signals & Moving pictures as a backdrop would look nice. The little q-reader above the card doesn't bother me at all.
movingpictures-5 (resized).jpgmovingpictures-5 (resized).jpgWash machines (resized).jpgWash machines (resized).jpgapron (resized).jpgapron (resized).jpgWash machines (resized).jpgWash machines (resized).jpgRemembering-Neil-Peart_Radio_News_Item (resized).jpgRemembering-Neil-Peart_Radio_News_Item (resized).jpg

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The only mod that matters is a ramp to put in place of the dead end shot in the pro

Its called by a Premium by Stern

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 2 years ago

love the washing machine idea!

along with that would also be chicken roasting ovens

#27 2 years ago

Alright how about a nice Washer on that ramp plastic!!! It would be to the right of Geddy and on stage!

2D8965DC-83C8-40A1-8F0C-49BEFE792CE3 (resized).jpeg2D8965DC-83C8-40A1-8F0C-49BEFE792CE3 (resized).jpeg
#28 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Our game will be here in the next 2 weeks and have a bunch of mock ups already that just need sizing and fitment.

Awesome that you guys are onboard!!!!

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

love the washing machine idea!
along with that would also be chicken roasting ovens

There MUST be a chicken and a horse with a 'Hay!' sign. I don't care where I have to place it. That's happening!

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Thanks man, I hope to show a teaser tonight of something

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Someone needs to make an entire apron mod to cover qr since wizard mod got shut down.

What happened? Their site still shows the apron mods...

#32 2 years ago

Sneak peak from Diddy's Pinball Mods of early development for RUSH

https://m.facebook.com/Diddys-Pinball-Mods-983539865070068/

20220108_181317 (resized).jpg20220108_181317 (resized).jpg
#33 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What happened?

Not sure, his link had gotten removed due to IP violation so may just be Pinside? His site looks like it is still running and if his apron covers over qr reader that would look great.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure, his link had gotten removed due to IP violation so may just be Pinside? His site looks like it is still running and if his apron covers over qr reader that would look great.

Yeah, his website is still up, so maybe just a pinside thing. Stern is crazy fighting these QR cover mods. The fact that they're so popular shows the market is not 100% behind the insider service and wants a solution to cover the reader up. If they have a problem with other people using the art, they should make covers themselves and serve the demand.

#35 2 years ago

How about a sticker to replace the band art in the middle of the PF?

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm in for both pieces John!!

I am in for both!

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

How about a sticker to replace the band art in the middle of the PF?

Yes if anyone has the skills to produce a sticker to cover up center playfield art, I think it would look better than the cartoon characters they chose and help transform the game.

One of my ideas is to have a picture of band(from recent years) digitized and turned into a colorful art piece...

RUSH band pic (resized).jpgRUSH band pic (resized).jpgRUSH art.. (resized).jpgRUSH art.. (resized).jpg
#38 2 years ago

Here are some more images that may work(if you have any ideas-please post)

RUSH art.... (resized).jpgRUSH art.... (resized).jpgRUSH art... (resized).jpgRUSH art... (resized).jpgRUSH art (resized).pngRUSH art (resized).png
#39 2 years ago

3-D Drum sticks for the flippers would be awesome. Would it be possible to make a mod where the entire flipper bat is one? Seems unlikely but would still be cool.

#40 2 years ago

Update on the Red Barchetta mod! See pics & video below for a rough draft of one of two versions I'd like to make.

I wanted to incorporate the "one-lane bridge" from the song, since it's a key plot point in the climax of the story. I tried to envision what type of bridge might be in the countryside, that would also work well for this mod and wouldn't hide the car. I found a basic model of a double-arch open-top bridge, and set to work modifying, resizing, stone-ifying, and trimming/cutting to have it mount on the ramp, and incorporating components to attach the car itself.

After a few iterations of the design, here's the rough draft. I'll be further tweaking the model and slicing to clean it up further, adding a lobe to attach the whole assembly to an existing screw in the game, etc. Then, of course, whatever additional tweaks are required when I fit-check it in the actual game.

RB2 (resized).jpgRB2 (resized).jpg

The ball rolls underneath it as shown here:

The pictures and video show it on my Game of Thrones Pro which has a straight section of plastic ramp on the left, similar to a section of Rush's on the right. So imagine the pics are reversed and the bridge is on the other side of the game.

I also have one other idea for a mounting location I haven't started yet, so buyers will have a few options. In the upper left corner of the game is a curved section of ramp; I'm designing a curved road section that can mount up here. More to follow on that as I design/print prototypes.

As of right now I have 30 of the cars, but 21 have already been reserved on the waitlist. Since I still don't have official pre-orders set up yet (since both configurations aren't ready to show and I haven't established the final pricing), please PM me to get on the waitlist.

More pics etc.:

RB3 (resized).jpgRB3 (resized).jpg

RB1 (resized).jpgRB1 (resized).jpg

RB-locations (resized).jpgRB-locations (resized).jpg

#41 2 years ago

Looking sweet .

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Quoted from PinBalt:

Alright how about a nice Washer on that ramp plastic!!! It would be to the right of Geddy and on stage!
[quoted image]

Can someone that gets a Pro please measure the width, depth of this ramp plastic and the height clearance.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Update on the Red Barchetta mod! See pics & video below for a rough draft of one of two versions I'd like to make.
I wanted to incorporate the "one-lane bridge" from the song, since it's a key plot point in the climax of the story. I tried to envision what type of bridge might be in the countryside, that would also work well for this mod and wouldn't hide the car. I found a basic model of a double-arch open-top bridge, and set to work modifying, resizing, stone-ifying, and trimming/cutting to have it mount on the ramp, and incorporating components to attach the car itself.
After a few iterations of the design, here's the rough draft. I'll be further tweaking the model and slicing to clean it up further, adding a lobe to attach the whole assembly to an existing screw in the game, etc. Then, of course, whatever additional tweaks are required when I fit-check it in the actual game.
[quoted image]
The pictures and video show it on my Game of Thrones Pro which has a straight section of plastic ramp on the left, similar to a section of Rush's on the right. So imagine the pics are reversed and the bridge is on the other side of the game.
I also have one other idea for a mounting location I haven't started yet, so buyers will have a few options. In the upper left corner of the game is a curved section of ramp; I'm designing a curved road section that can mount up here. More to follow on that as I design/print prototypes.
As of right now I have 30 of the cars, but 21 have already been reserved on the waitlist. Since I still don't have official pre-orders set up yet (since both configurations aren't ready to show and I haven't established the final pricing), please PM me to get on the waitlist.
More pics etc.:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great, hope you've got one for me!

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
More pics etc.:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks amazing. One thing on Rush that straightaway on the right is tilted steeply downwards. Will that be an issue?

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Looks amazing. One thing on Rush that straightaway on the right is tilted steeply downwards. Will that be an issue?

Good point, thanks -- it won't be an issue for mounting it there, it's more of if you think it's an issue that the bridge is sloped downhill. Might need to see how it looks in the actual game first.

If it looks too weird I could either extend one end of the bridge (heightwise) to keep it level, or just trim/adjust it to move it to one of the flatter sections.

An alternate location for this could be over the flat plastic above the Vapor Trails symbol on the left side, but then it doesn't have the cool ball interaction.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes if anyone has the skills to produce a sticker to cover up center playfield art, I think it would look better than the cartoon characters they chose and help transform the game.
One of my ideas is to have a picture of band(from recent years) digitized and turned into a colorful art piece...
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think the art is OK. Why does Neil not look like Neil? Alex and Geddy look OK.

#47 2 years ago

Looking great.
Love the vision & execution

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
More pics etc.:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#48 2 years ago

Draft on pop bumper topper. Still need need to populate a few more gears then make the proto to see how well some of the details translates for the size before adding other details. Steampunk...wooo, this game will be fun to design for

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 12.24.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-09 at 12.24.12 PM (resized).png
#49 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
More pics etc.:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This looks so awesome! For the straightaway location, will it be able to be mounted in a spot to allow for good upper flipper visibility still? That'd be my only hesitation with the bridge add-on, but it really makes the mod shine. Great work!

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

This looks so awesome! For the straightaway location, will it be able to be mounted in a spot to allow for good upper flipper visibility still? That'd be my only hesitation with the bridge add-on, but it really makes the mod shine. Great work!

Thanks! No, presuming it still ends up in this spot, it shouldn't affect upper flipper visibility, as it only extends a little past the side edge of the ramp. I see why that got confusing, my green box in the figure was too wide - I didnt mean to indicate it'd cover the flipper. Look again at this pic (sorry for potato quality, screenshot on phone lol)

Screenshot_20220109-141313_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220109-141313_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods
Plastics
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com
Unisex
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods
Led
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.