(Topic ID: 307587)

RUSH - Mods and Toys; what are you hoping for, and/or who's making an offering?

By Rodent

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,385 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg
TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg
20230811_102954 (resized).jpg
Rush-Pinball-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Stern-Pinball-Rush-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Rush-Pinball-Owl-Shooter-Rod.jpg
TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
TopperCleanup (resized).jpg
IMG_1839D (resized).JPG
IMG_1862D (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859D (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA874350-BCBF-471C-AEAE-8415DD964D00 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.
#351 2 years ago

I saw the retro ticket magnet for attaching below the translight, but I didn't care for the old ticket itself. I don't recall who made it, but I wonder if it can be made using their very last show ever, August 1, 2015 at Staples Center in LA, which I was lucky enough to attend?

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortfesor:

I saw the retro ticket magnet for attaching below the translight, but I didn't care for the old ticket itself. I don't recall who made it, but I wonder if it can be made using their very last show ever, August 1, 2015 at Staples Center in LA, which I was lucky enough to attend?

Would be cool if you could customize the dates. I'd love one from the Toronto date

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Would be cool if you could customize the dates. I'd love one from the Toronto date

I make the ticket magnets. I picked the ticket I did because it was very clean and the colors went with all of the three versions of the game but especially with the LE. I have a customer who is working on possibly being able to customize the tickets with a template. If so, there is a possibility to print them as custom decals instead of magnets. If you have a scan of a particular ticket, I may be able to do something for you too...

#354 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I make the ticket magnets. I picked the ticket I did because it was very clean and the colors went with all of the three versions of the game but especially with the LE. I have a customer who is working on possibly being able to customize the tickets with a template. If so, there is a possibility to print them as custom decals instead of magnets. If you have a scan of a particular ticket, I may be able to do something for you too...

I'd love to find full ticket image of this ticket stub

RUSH TICKET (resized).jpgRUSH TICKET (resized).jpg
#355 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I have a 2012 ticket from a show I went to.

Assuming a decal be perfectly sized to fit the same spot?

#356 2 years ago

I've been looking for a way to get a direct audio output from my new Rush machine currently on order. This being my first Stern machine and first experience with the Spike system, I figured I would try to use a passive line matching adapter connected with the cabinet speakers to create a low level audio output.

I noticed Pinwoofer has a Spike 2 line output adapter as a part of their audio upgrade package for the Spike system. I PM'd them, and Dan responded immediately, making the line module available on their website.

I ordered one, and am looking forward to getting my machine in and trying this out with an external amp and speakers. This looks like an easy plug and play solution to connect directly to the existing audio out on the Spike board to create a standard tip/ring/sleeve stereo output.

https://pinwoofer.com/accessories/audio-gadgets/

I'm curious if anyone else is considering connecting their machine to an external amplifier and speakers this way?

This might also be a good place to connect a wireless sub transmitter for a self powered sub like the Klipsch 12" model carried by Costco.

#357 2 years ago
Quoted from Fluxy:

I've been looking for a way to get a direct audio output from my new Rush machine currently on order. This being my first Stern machine and first experience with the Spike system, I figured I would try to use a passive line matching adapter connected with the cabinet speakers to create a low level audio output.
I noticed Pinwoofer has a Spike 2 line output adapter as a part of their audio upgrade package for the Spike system. I PM'd them, and Dan responded immediately, making the line module available on their website.
I ordered one, and am looking forward to getting my machine in and trying this out with an external amp and speakers. This looks like an easy plug and play solution to connect directly to the existing audio out on the Spike board to create a standard tip/ring/sleeve stereo output.
I'm curious if anyone else is considering connecting their machine to an external amplifier and speakers this way?
This might also be a good place to connect a wireless sub transmitter for a self powered sub like the Klipsch 12" model carried by Costco.

I used the pinsound adapter-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/3#post-6773714

#358 2 years ago
Quoted from Fluxy:

I use this on my Rush Pro with an external sub. Seems to work well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1176-gweem-s-mods/02289-10-ft-external-subwoofer-cable

#359 2 years ago

Who makes the best balls ?
Are Titans the best?
Looking for Titanium or smoked out super chrome premium balls for my LE.

I hear rumour the factory Stern balls are not so superb and change em out asap.

Thanks

#360 2 years ago
Quoted from Mookie:

Who makes the best balls ?
Are Titans the best?
Looking for Titanium or smoked out super chrome premium balls for my LE.
I hear rumour the factory Stern balls are not so superb and change em out asap.
Thanks

I prefer the Ninja balls from Ball Baron, myself.

#361 2 years ago

Thank you

#362 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I prefer the Ninja balls from Ball Baron, myself.

At risk of taking a fork, what is the difference with ball manufacturers? Is there a difference? Last time around I got a bag of these and they seem fine. But I could be doing a bad thing… (20 Pieces) PGN - 1-1/16" Inch... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R92MQ9X

#363 2 years ago

My idea for lock window, the decal could go on top or below.
AF7FAA75-B9A1-4585-AA1D-7EE812A8B4C7 (resized).jpegAF7FAA75-B9A1-4585-AA1D-7EE812A8B4C7 (resized).jpeg

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

At risk of taking a fork, what is the difference with ball manufacturers? Is there a difference? Last time around I got a bag of these and they seem fine. But I could be doing a bad thing… (20 Pieces) PGN - 1-1/16" Inch... amazon.com link »

I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. I just asked other pinball experts and they mostly considered his to be the best. Also, his service is world class.

#365 2 years ago

A couple notes on the pinballs questions. The Ninjas are pretty but since Rush is a magnet game the Ninjas are prone to get magnetized faster than carbon steel. The Amazon balls are ball bearings, they might be prone to rusting quicker, Flitz them for protection if you use them. I use Flitz on the Stern ones that come with the game too, some times they can be dirty/oily. Carbon Steel pinballs are the best for a magnet game. There are many vendors that sell them. Pinball Life or Pinball Resource are common choices for me. Just my two cents.

#366 2 years ago

I use Pinball Life regular balls in all my pins. Many have magnets. I have had no issues with balls getting magnetized.

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

A couple notes on the pinballs questions. The Ninjas are pretty but since Rush is a magnet game the Ninjas are prone to get magnetized faster than carbon steel. The Amazon balls are ball bearings, they might be prone to rusting quicker, Flitz them for protection if you use them. I use Flitz on the Stern ones that come with the game too, some times they can be dirty/oily. Carbon Steel pinballs are the best for a magnet game. There are many vendors that sell them. Pinball Life or Pinball Resource are common choices for me. Just my two cents.

Keep in mind that Ballbaron also sells a carbon steel POLARIS. It's been my all-around go to for ANY pin the last few years and does great in pins with or without magnets. Buying them in bulk from Ballbaron also saves some change.

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

been working with john to make these a bit more customizable for people. I've found about 3 ticket designs that I will work nicely and with the option to change just about anything on the ticket face itself, will make the magnet cover-up a bit more personnel and meaningful like the first/last tour that you saw them

here's a sample, completely re-done with a different ticket color. some of the fonts are close but not quite perfect. I'm still searching to find replacements that are closer to what was originally on that reference ticket
rush ticket (resized).pngrush ticket (resized).png

as for the flexibility portion, here's an earlier version of the same ticket but with a different font (a farewell to kings tour). ignore the fact that the rest of the information is the same for now
rush ticket (2) (resized).pngrush ticket (2) (resized).png

I have fonts to cover basically every tour, however some do not lend themselves to print on the ticket very well. this ticket design may look good in a yellow (gold), blue, red, or purple

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Keep in mind that Ballbaron also sells a carbon steel POLARIS. It's been my all-around go to for ANY pin the last few years and does great in pins with or without magnets. Buying them in bulk from Ballbaron also saves some change.

Are Ballbaron Ninja and Polaris still considered the best ball?

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

been working with john to make these a bit more customizable for people. I've found about 3 ticket designs that I will work nicely and with the option to change just about anything on the ticket face itself, will make the magnet cover-up a bit more personnel and meaningful like the first/last tour that you saw them
here's a sample, completely re-done with a different ticket color. some of the fonts are close but not quite perfect. I'm still searching to find replacements that are closer to what was originally on that reference ticket
[quoted image]
as for the flexibility portion, here's an earlier version of the same ticket but with a different font (a farewell to kings tour). ignore the fact that the rest of the information is the same for now
[quoted image]
I have fonts to cover basically every tour, however some do not lend themselves to print on the ticket very well. this ticket design may look good in a yellow (gold), blue, red, or purple

Here's another, more modern version of a Rush concert ticket.

INDY RUSH TICKET (resized).jpgINDY RUSH TICKET (resized).jpg
#371 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are Ballbaron Ninja and Polaris still considered the best ball?

I use ball baron's pinballs as my go-to. I have not used the polaris carbon-steel version, but their ninja pinballs have a fantastic finish on them and work great in games without magnets.

#372 2 years ago

Any thoughts on Titan Silicone ring colors? On their site database, someone just picked all purple for a Pro which might work fine.

#373 2 years ago

Received some of my mods today they look great. Waiting for the Dog and fire hydrant. Thanks Willipinball Mods

BE44BC9C-0EBE-4814-AC83-A40E0DE79ED8 (resized).jpegBE44BC9C-0EBE-4814-AC83-A40E0DE79ED8 (resized).jpeg

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Waiting for the Dog and fire hydrant.

Final fit check of the Signals mod (dog/hydrant) and the Presto mod (rabbit/hat) will happen this weekend and then they're going into full production!

Day job has been insanely busy lately
and will be for another few weeks, but with Signals and Presto being finalized (and since I'll have my machine very soon) then I can get back to work on the Red Barchetta mod!

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Love the idea of different dates, I’ll dig through mine, and see which tickets I can scan for ya.

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Final fit check of the Signals mod (dog/hydrant) and the Presto mod (rabbit/hat) will happen this weekend and then they're going into full production!
and will be for another few weeks, but with Signals and Presto being finalized (and since I'll have my machine very soon) then I can get back to work on the Red Barchetta mod!

Great news, can’t wait to see finished product. I even got a little package from you today

#377 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

thanks looks great

#378 2 years ago

Rush will be sounding better this weekend
20220218_182554 (resized).jpg20220218_182554 (resized).jpg

#379 2 years ago

everything on the ticket can be modified (including the ticket color), but here's a sample with the different tour fonts that look pretty good on the tickets
2112 tour (resized).png2112 tour (resized).pnga farewell to kings (resized).pnga farewell to kings (resized).pngexit stage left (resized).pngexit stage left (resized).pnggrace under pressure (resized).pnggrace under pressure (resized).pnghemispheres (resized).pnghemispheres (resized).pngmoving pictures (resized).pngmoving pictures (resized).pngpermanent waves (resized).pngpermanent waves (resized).pngpower windows (resized).pngpower windows (resized).pngpresto (resized).pngpresto (resized).pngrush (resized).pngrush (resized).pngsnakes & arrows (resized).pngsnakes & arrows (resized).pngtest for echo (resized).pngtest for echo (resized).pngvapor trails (resized).pngvapor trails (resized).pngvapor trails (gold) (resized).pngvapor trails (gold) (resized).png

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

[quoted image]

The existing speakers, including the cab, remain functional with this harness, correct? I’m thinking about getting this to add a sub for my LE…

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

everything on the ticket can be modified (including the ticket color), but here's a sample with the different tour fonts that look pretty good on the tickets
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How can I order one of these?

#382 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

[quoted image]

what is this??

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

The existing speakers, including the cab, remain functional with this harness, correct? I’m thinking about getting this to add a sub for my LE…

Pinsound speaker harness. Speaker output and subwoofer output. Output doesn’t impact exiting speakers or volume.

I used it for a BR transmitter and an rca connection to a sub and posted this link above:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/3#post-6773714

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

[quoted image]

I think you need to use a separate amp with this connector or it won't really improve the sound quality from the existing speaker. That is my understanding with this connector.

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

[quoted image]

Is that the speaker harness from pinsound? Are you going to be using Bluetooth to an amp like one of those other posts did in another thread?

I hope that works great for you! I'm curious how that will sound.

I was actually considering going the Pinwoofer route and splurging excessively for it because I'm getting a Rush LE and using a Klipsch sub. For this machine, I'm going all out, dude! I don't even care lol.

If someone suggests a better route, I'm all ears! (Kinda pun intended... Sorry)

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I think you need to use a separate amp with this connector or it won't really improve the sound quality from the existing speaker. That is my understanding with this connector.

Quoted from Lateralus:

Is that the speaker harness from pinsound? Are you going to be using Bluetooth to an amp like one of those other posts did in another thread?
I hope that works great for you! I'm curious how that will sound.
I was actually considering going the Pinwoofer route and splurging excessively for it because I'm getting a Rush LE and using a Klipsch sub. For this machine, I'm going all out, dude! I don't even care lol.

I'm only hooking up a subwoofer for now, forgot to bring it home from the office.

I may replace or add speakers, that's another day.

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Nope. You're gonna be REALLY happy. You'll just have to tweak the EQ to your liking.

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. You're gonna be REALLY happy. You'll just have to tweak the EQ to your liking.

Hey guys - since we were mentioned! You'll thank yourself later, and I agree - go all out. External sub out is turnkey requiring only a simple cable. Here's the kit for Rush:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-12ft-3-5mm-male-trs-to-rca-stereo-audio-cable/

Good times!

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MST, Mon - Fri

PWLogoSm (resized).jpgPWLogoSm (resized).jpg
#389 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey guys - since we were mentioned! You'll thank yourself later, and I agree - go all out. External sub out is turnkey requiring only a simple cable. Here's the kit for Rush:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-12ft-3-5mm-male-trs-to-rca-stereo-audio-cable/
Good times!
Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MST, Mon - Fri
[quoted image]

Whats the Difference between the KO & GT amp

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Whats the Difference between the KO & GT amp

The feature matrix for the two amplifier options is shown below.

The GT has a preamplifier section with input gain control, in addition to some noise reduction features that are not as critical on the newer Spike and JJP titles (which are not as susceptible to noise originating from traditional power sources, etc.).

The KO has the same power rating, level and tone controls as the GT but eliminates the preamplifier section.

The KO is offered at a $45 lower price point at this time.

The GT is not offered on Rush because of the dynamic complexity of the music track and its auto-muting feature. The GT remains a great choice for other Spike and JJP titles if you find value in the additional features.

Both options provide a means to run an external sub on Spike.

Hope that helps, and thanks for asking!

pinwoofer-amplifier-feature-matrix (resized).jpgpinwoofer-amplifier-feature-matrix (resized).jpg

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

The feature matrix for the two amplifier options is shown below.
The GT has a preamplifier section with input gain control, in addition to some noise reduction features that are not as critical on the newer Spike and JJP titles (which are not as susceptible to noise originating from traditional power sources, etc.).
The KO has the same power rating, level and tone controls as the GT but eliminates the preamplifier section.
The KO is offered at a $45 lower price point at this time.
The GT is not offered on Rush because of the dynamic complexity of the music track and its auto-muting feature. The GT remains a great choice for other Spike and JJP titles if you find value in the additional features.
Both options provide a means to run an external sub on Spike.
Hope that helps, and thanks for asking!
[quoted image]

So if i order the Ko Kit for my Rush Pro i can run a External Subwoofer.. Juisy want tp make sure i order the right Stuff.. My first new pin..

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

How can I order one of these?

I'm still working on templates. all sales will go through John I (unless he doesn't want to handle them). this was *his* mod to begin and I am not going to attempt to steal away any of his potential sales

#393 2 years ago

Anyone thought about powder coating colors for their Rush Pro/Premium? I think a nice dark blue might go well with the Pro/Premium. Maybe one of these:

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PSS-4513/illusion-blue

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMB-5701/dark-blue-metallic

#394 2 years ago

This is what I was thinking.
I’m leaning Red

Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone thought about powder coating colors for their Rush Pro/Premium?c

056A1683-D991-4E88-A600-B416E2DE16F4 (resized).png056A1683-D991-4E88-A600-B416E2DE16F4 (resized).png0E6B25F9-5010-4EFB-AFCC-C7E9BCFDCE1A (resized).png0E6B25F9-5010-4EFB-AFCC-C7E9BCFDCE1A (resized).png38A5675A-150F-4EF8-B3F6-EA9A5EAE2667 (resized).png38A5675A-150F-4EF8-B3F6-EA9A5EAE2667 (resized).pngE1ED85AF-77F7-426E-B6F7-D8E723FD87C3 (resized).pngE1ED85AF-77F7-426E-B6F7-D8E723FD87C3 (resized).png
#395 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

This is what I was thinking.
I’m leaning Red
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

the red looks great

#396 2 years ago

The white actually looks really good

#397 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

So if i order the Ko Kit for my Rush Pro i can run a External Subwoofer.. Juisy want tp make sure i order the right Stuff.. My first new pin..

Yes, that is correct. The connection is simple but if you need assistance we'll help you out.

#398 2 years ago

Signals and Presto mods are officially ready for production!

Signals mod has three versions of the mount -- grass, metallic, and hybrid. Here's a look at each one installed:

Grass:

Hybrid:

Metallic:

Another look at the differences in the mounts:
MountTypes (resized).jpgMountTypes (resized).jpg

I also made an instructional video to help you install it (and to show how easy it is):

Pre-orderers have been contacted, and as promised, are still paying the original price. The price has been increased slightly for orders going forward, due to the addition of the mounting platform which was not part of the original design (but was required to lower the dog slightly to clear the glass). The mount adds another 3-4 hours of print time and additional hands-on post processing work to add felt (to not scratch your plastic ramp surface) and to attach the dog.

The Presto mod is also ready for production; I've reduced it in size slightly to allow it to fit at the lower right flasher, though it can also fit on the slingshots or the upper right flasher (where the Signals mod goes, if you're not getting that).

A look at the playfield with both of these installed:

SignalsAndPresto (resized).jpgSignalsAndPresto (resized).jpg

Links to Rocket City Pinball's mods for Rush, for reference:
Signals dalmatian/hydrant https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05722-rush-signals-mod-dalmatian-hydrant-flasher-dome
Presto rabbit/hat https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05860-rush-presto-mod-rabbit-hat-flasher-dome
Coin Reject buttons https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05575-3d-coin-reject-buttons-rush
Start button https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05567-3d-start-button-rush
Barchetta development thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-barchetta-mod-rush-development-amp-discussion

#399 2 years ago

End up going with the full Grass version. Job well done!

#400 2 years ago

Couldn't decide so I went hybrid LOL and I had to add the Presto mod too for my daughter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/8?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.