(Topic ID: 307587)

RUSH - Mods and Toys; what are you hoping for, and/or who's making an offering?

By Rodent

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,385 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg
TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg
20230811_102954 (resized).jpg
Rush-Pinball-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Stern-Pinball-Rush-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Rush-Pinball-Owl-Shooter-Rod.jpg
TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
TopperCleanup (resized).jpg
IMG_1839D (resized).JPG
IMG_1862D (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859D (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA874350-BCBF-471C-AEAE-8415DD964D00 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 28.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got these today , will cover those ugly seizure and insider connected decals. Thx John.
[quoted image]

Where do these mods go in the game?
Can you just remove the Insider Connected decal?
Thanks for info.

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Where do these mods go in the game?
Can you just remove the Insider Connected decal?
Thanks for info.

On the apron is the seizure warning, under the right speaker.is the insider sticker. The ticket is a magnet that goes over the insider decal, the other is a sticker. Easy to remove, I've put them on 4or 5 games now. $ 20 bucks for both I believe.

#253 2 years ago

Ya, you can remove the decal, but its rush, needs a concert ticket!!

#254 2 years ago

Ok thx.
The LE apron looks nice - but I now see what you mean with the warning.

43AEF078-EEFE-4D8D-AE22-6452C2569707 (resized).jpeg43AEF078-EEFE-4D8D-AE22-6452C2569707 (resized).jpeg
#255 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok thx.
The LE apron looks nice - but I now see what you mean with the warning. [quoted image]

Kinda sux, huh? The yellow?

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Kinda sux, huh? The yellow?

Pretty funny they made efforts to fancy up the artwork around QR reader to blend but same ol’ seizure sticker.

#257 2 years ago

Gotta lose that liability ya know - People love lawsuits these days. Glad I got my sticker to cover that up and the magnet ticket stub is a nice accent as well.

#258 2 years ago

Also Very impressed with the willipinball flasher covers. Look great in person. The 1st pic was taken with the flash on so it adds a little pop to them but they do have a nice slight metallic sheen to them as seen in the 2nd pic with the flash off. These will be a great addition.

D76BB8AB-701B-4FE0-A5CD-F2AFB0D65A24 (resized).jpegD76BB8AB-701B-4FE0-A5CD-F2AFB0D65A24 (resized).jpeg
E2C8A124-97B6-4EAA-A5F0-611B146B6703 (resized).jpegE2C8A124-97B6-4EAA-A5F0-611B146B6703 (resized).jpeg

#259 2 years ago

also got mine as well....

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

also got mine as well....

Ditto

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok thx.
The LE apron looks nice - but I now see what you mean with the warning. [quoted image]

Hoping one of the mod companies makes this available so you can move the IC to the front of the coin door and cover over the entire apron with the Mod Wizard decal, etc.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5204554

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#262 2 years ago

Brilliant!

I’ve been wondering if I should open a new thread. Because I’ve been looking at the wiz mod aprons and trying to decide whether to cover IC or whether it will actually be used and useful??
You seem to have a logical solution.

Quoted from pinballjah:

Hoping one of the mod companies makes this available so you can move the IC to the front of the coin door and cover over the entire apron with the Mod Wizard decal, etc.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5204554
[quoted image]

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Brilliant!
I’ve been wondering if I should open a new thread. Because I’ve been looking at the wiz mod aprons and trying to decide whether to cover IC or whether it will actually be used and useful??
You seem to have a logical solution.

This IC mod started in the Pinside 3D printing thread, including the guys who put it together.......

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

This IC mod started in the Pinside 3D printing thread, including the guys who put it together.......

Also lots of discussion in the IC thread and if you don't have access to a 3D printer, available with and without volume and headphone cutouts on this pinside store:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from SteelNation:

Here is the first mockup of the mods I’ve been working on. Being a life long Rush fan, when I ordered this game I knew I had to have Geddy’s washing machines in it somewhere. After first starting with the traditional laundromat washers, I switched designs to tie into their Time Machine tour backstage to match the game and steam punk theme. I also love the design of Alex’s custom amps so I had to make those to match.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
These are custom modeled in high detail, resin printed and hand painted with clear resin washer door glass. I plan on adjusting the final color to match the machine art once mine arrives. The final version will be airbrushed for the best finish with hand painted patina.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
The plan is for these to go in the upper left and right corners (stage left and stage right). I’ve shown them in my MET for some idea.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Final size, location and attachment will be refined again once the game arrives. There may also be a few other places these could go in the game.
I am also considering making these larger and making a topper with lighting.
I'm not currently taking pre-orders on these right now until I can finalize the designs and fit. I will add names to an ‘interested’ list for now. Send me a reply or a PM.

Gonna need for sure!

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Nice Dice,too bad I already bought 6 of your last flasher mods.

just received my dice,they look great.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Gonna need for sure!

You’re on the list! Now if I could just get a game to test fit these. I’m going to try and see if I can get under the glass at a local spot here to take some measurements.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from SteelNation:

You’re on the list! Now if I could just get a game to fit test fit these. I’m going to try and see if I can get under the glass at a local spot here to take some measurements.

#269 2 years ago

Is it my imagination or has the price already shot up on some of these mods?

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Not mine, only change was when I expanded the Steampunk Gear Cover Set from 5 to 6 pieces in the set, so the price of the set went up proportionately.

All of mine are now in stock and ready to ship. The Borough of Shmeng Water Hydrant is waiting for fitment on an actual pin before I put it up for sale.

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Not mine, only change was when I expanded the Steampunk Gear Cover Set from 5 to 6 pieces in the set, so the price of the set went up proportionately.
All of mine are now in stock and ready to ship. The Borough of Shmeng Water Hydrant is waiting for fitment on an actual pin before I put it up for sale.

speaking of which. were you still planning on offering different covers from the initial 5/6? I know that we chatted briefly in pm's about some other suggestions that I presented to you

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

speaking of which. were you still planning on offering different covers from the initial 5/6? I know that we chatted briefly in pm's about some other suggestions that I presented to you

Got mine today, look great! Now I just need a game to put them on.

3B724706-5019-4EC9-BA23-A3EA13153522 (resized).jpeg3B724706-5019-4EC9-BA23-A3EA13153522 (resized).jpeg
#273 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Yes, now that I'm starting to catch up again both with the backorders of these mods and my real job I was going to explore a couple more ideas, including yours. Some will be tough to do right, as there really isn't enough surface area to show the amount of detail needed for it to look right. The 2 tumbling dice I originally created is a perfect example, as the detail gets lost in the small size...I hated to scrap that idea, but ended up with the one big die that came out looking great..

218D93CD-8FB2-4170-ADED-687D83C20824 (resized).jpeg218D93CD-8FB2-4170-ADED-687D83C20824 (resized).jpeg
#274 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I think the dalmatian and hydrant went up $10-15

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Dalmatian was always $45US. Paid my deposit Jan. 10th and same price.

#276 2 years ago

We'll have our RUSH tomorrow.....let the fun begin

Also any pre orders will begin shipping by Tuesday

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Quoted from pinballjah:

Dalmatian was always $45US. Paid my deposit Jan. 10th and same price.

The price on my Signals mod (dalmatian/hydrant) has always been $45 ever since I put it up for pre-order, and I will be honoring that price on all pre-orders, even though it got a little more complicated. Upon fit check, the dog was just barely too tall and wouldn't clear the glass, so I've been working on an additional base which drops him down for adequate clearance. Sitting atop that large lobe of plastic around the flasher/hydrant, the new base hangs a narrow 'platform' adjacent to the lobe that the dog stands on. Below is a picture of a **draft** version just to help explain it -- the final version (almost done) will move the dog a little further around the back for better orientation, and the upper surfaces will have an irregular surface contour to eliminate the patterned print lines and to look more like a natural grassy ground (similar to the grassy shoulder on the Red Barchetta mod also still in development).

Multiple reasons why this extra piece actually makes it better:
- The grass base adds to the scene / recall of the album cover, since the hydrant and dog are in the middle of the grass
- I've designed the grass base to cover/hide the lobe coming off the hydrant (for attaching it to the game)
- The base allowed me to devise an easier method to attach the dog to the scene

It's ironic that this came up in conversation, because I HADN'T increased the price ... yet eventually may need to (**but only after all pre-orders are filled!**) since the new piece adds ~3.5 hours of print time to the product (nevermind the extra design/print/test/modify/repeat going on right now).

Here's the pic with the base/platform -- again, this is a DRAFT, the upper surface will look better (eliminating patterned lines) when I'm done with the texturing. Sorry for the bad lighting, sun was beating in the window behind it at the time.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#278 2 years ago

After last night's post, I added some contour/texture and moved the dog platform a little further around behind. I also thickened the base of the hydrant so it'd sit a little higher in the grass. Grabbed some rushed pics (below) before heading out for my son's baseball practice this morning! I had considered sloping the dropoff too but i dont think that will be necessary-- once it's in the game that'll be in the back so it wouldn't be visible anyway.

Will be sending this one to my fit-checker for test and pics (since my game hasn't arrived yet).

20220205_095101 (resized).jpg20220205_095101 (resized).jpg20220205_095139 (resized).jpg20220205_095139 (resized).jpg20220205_095222 (resized).jpg20220205_095222 (resized).jpg
#279 2 years ago

Looking great.
Your quality work only adds to the excitement of waiting for my pin.

Everything looks fantastic. Can’t wait

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

After last night's post, I added some contour/texture and moved the dog platform a little further around behind. I also thickened the base of the hydrant so it'd sit a little higher in the grass. Grabbed some rushed pics (below) before heading out for my son's baseball practice this morning! I had considered sloping the dropoff too but i dont think that will be necessary-- once it's in the game that'll be in the back so it wouldn't be visible anyway.
Will be sending this one to my fit-checker for test and pics (since my game hasn't arrived yet).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#280 2 years ago

This thread is fantastic!

Not sure what everyone else is doing, but since there are 6 flasher domes, I was thinking that 6 of those gear, steam punk dome covers would look a bit much on an LE (maybe not, possibly, just initial thought).

So, I was thinking of getting:

The dalmatian and hydrant mod (1)
Roll the bones dice covers at the slings (2)
And 3 of the gear dome covers (3)

Anyone else doing this, or are just waiting to see what else pops up? I think even if leaving it stock would look great, but you know how this goes; just too excited and buying shit ahead of time!

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

This thread is fantastic!
Not sure what everyone else is doing, but since there are 6 flasher domes, I was thinking that 6 of those gear, steam punk dome covers would look a bit much on an LE (maybe not, possibly, just initial thought).
So, I was thinking of getting:
The dalmatian and hydrant mod (1)
Roll the bones dice covers at the slings (2)
And 3 of the gear dome covers (3)
Anyone else doing this, or are just waiting to see what else pops up? I think even if leaving it stock would look great, but you know how this goes; just too excited and buying shit ahead of time!

I've got all those coming, except the dalmatian, waiting to see the final . Will prob order it and do as you're thinking. Also have the barchetta coming,

#282 2 years ago

Worked a little bit more on the Presto flasher cover too; got it so it's printing a neat textured-looking outer surface on the hat, so it looks more fabric-ish, like a real top hat (instead of a shinier finish it had before).

I also made some adjustments to the model for a thicker/stronger brim. And added the tab to mount it.

Finally, after some experimentation I decided to paint the top surface of the brim in flat black -- it helps subdue the layer lines (they were more noticeable on that surface due to its relative flatness) and matches the finish of the rest of the hat better.

I'll be sending this out for fit check and in-game pics and then this will be ready to go up for sale!

20220205_184204 (resized).jpg20220205_184204 (resized).jpg20220205_184227 (resized).jpg20220205_184227 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220205-184144_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220205-184144_Gallery (resized).jpg
#283 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Will be sending this one to my fit-checker for test and pics (since my game hasn't arrived yet).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You Nailed it! This looks great and true to form!

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Will you sell it with a clear plastic option? Green seems to be a contrast to the playfield. Looks great!

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Will you sell it with a clear plastic option? Green seems to be a contrast to the playfield. Looks great!

I too was concerned about the lack of much other green. No reason I couldn't print it in any other color (black, gray, etc), but with FDM 3D printing, clear isn't clear -- it ends up more translucent white (maybe your dog is in the snow, lol) so I'd have to find some other way to do this.

My fit-checker also rigged up a little step-down nut but it looked weird since the dog was floating, and he also started to sag since he wasnt supported well enough.

Let's see how it looks in the game with the grass as designed and then we'll go from there.

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I too was concerned about the lack of much other green. No reason I couldn't print it in any other color (black, gray, etc), but with FDM 3D printing, clear isn't clear -- it ends up more translucent white (maybe your dog is in the snow, lol) so I'd have to find some other way to do this.
My fit-checker also rigged up a little step-down nut but it looked weird since the dog was floating, and he also started to sag since he wasnt supported well enough.
Let's see how it looks in the game with the grass as designed and then we'll go from there.

How about a color closer to the playfield, dark blue, etc?

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

How about a color closer to the playfield, dark blue, etc?

Could also do silver/steel color to match the nearby ramp, habitrails, and other metal pieces.

#288 2 years ago

Willipinball dice showed up today, great stuff! I have more mods on hand for any game I've bought so far. Can't wait!!

20220208_143645 (resized).jpg20220208_143645 (resized).jpg
#289 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

RUSH Steampunk Gear Flasher Covers (set or individual) are now available for preorder in my Pinside shop:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-williamson-pinball-mods/05759-rush-steampunk-gear-flash-cover-set
[quoted image]

Couple suggestions now that I have them installed. I think they likely need to be attached somehow to the flashers. They do tend to turn during game play. Also, when you raise the playfield, you have to remove the four not below any existing plastics. Do look great on the game. Look like they came with the game really.

EDIT: I’m an idiot, as pointed out, mod comes with two sided tape so issues not relevant!

710F7E88-50F0-403E-A23D-AC41B9064F65 (resized).jpeg710F7E88-50F0-403E-A23D-AC41B9064F65 (resized).jpeg
#290 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Couple suggestions now that I have them installed. I think they likely need to be attached somehow to the flashers. They do tend to turn during game play. Also, when you raise the playfield, you have to remove the four not below any existing plastics. Do look great on the game. Look like they came with the game really.

Mine came with double backed tape, but no machine here yet to try. They look great !

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I included clear double sided tape with every set....did I miss yours by mistake??

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I included clear double sided tape with every set....did I miss yours by mistake??

I got the clear tape with mine. Can’t wait to install.

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Yes, I double checked and found the double sided tape and clear instructions. All good! Great mod! Wish you made these for some of the other games.

60B516D7-F6C7-401E-8035-A993CF00356D (resized).jpeg60B516D7-F6C7-401E-8035-A993CF00356D (resized).jpeg
#295 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Willipinball dice showed up today, great stuff! I have more mods on hand for any game I've bought so far. Can't wait!!
[quoted image]

I am doing the same. I have RUSH mods stacked up in the storage room. Not sure where I will put the dice.

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I am doing the same. I have RUSH mods stacked up in the storage room. Not sure where I will put the dice.

It will be fun to mix em up, so many flashers, I don't want em all the same.

#297 2 years ago

Our "Copper Plating" and "Copper Steampunk" designed flipper bat cover MODs are now available on Pinside, eBay, our website and hopefully available from our distributors very soon.

Copper Plating Flipper Bat MODs for RUSH pinball (resized).jpgCopper Plating Flipper Bat MODs for RUSH pinball (resized).jpgCopper Steampunk Flipper Bat Design for RUSH pinball (resized).jpgCopper Steampunk Flipper Bat Design for RUSH pinball (resized).jpg
#298 2 years ago

For those worried about the green grass in my Signals mod not matching the colors in the game:
- Grass setup is en route to fit checker, will have pics of it installed in a few days.
- To try another option for those who might want it, I temporarily removed the grass and ran a flat-topped steel-colored mount, that will match the habitrails and steel ramps (same filament I use for my steel/beskar posts).

Screenshot_20220209-183619_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220209-183619_Gallery (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20220209-183638_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220209-183638_Gallery (resized).jpg

To me, it looks a little weird going all the way around in front of the hydrant (since it's just a mount, whereas the grass is more part of a scene) but I guess I could always trim it back to just be the section behind it. In that case, that'll un-hide the attach lobe in the front (and the mount would attach at the flasher's back screw) but that's not really a big deal.

Screenshot_20220209-190244_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220209-190244_Gallery (resized).jpg

#299 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

For those worried about the green grass in my Signals mod not matching the colors in the game:
- Grass setup is en route to fit checker, will have pics of it installed in a few days.
- To try another option for those who might want it, I temporarily removed the grass and ran a flat-topped steel-colored mount, that will match the habitrails and steel ramps (same filament I use for my steel/beskar posts).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
To me, it looks a little weird going all the way around in front of the hydrant (since it's just a mount, whereas the grass is more part of a scene) but I guess I could always trim it back to just be the section behind it. In that case, that'll un-hide the attach lobe in the front (and the mount would attach at the flasher's back screw) but that's not really a big deal.
[quoted image]

Like the look of this better! Thanks for the options.

#300 2 years ago

I like the look of the steel-colored mount, even though the album cover has the hydrant on grass. What about leaving the current shape and making the lower dog level grass green, with the hydrant on the steel?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

There are 1,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.