(Topic ID: 307587)

RUSH - Mods and Toys; what are you hoping for, and/or who's making an offering?

By Rodent

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,385 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg
TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg
20230811_102954 (resized).jpg
Rush-Pinball-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Stern-Pinball-Rush-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Rush-Pinball-Owl-Shooter-Rod.jpg
TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
TopperCleanup (resized).jpg
IMG_1839D (resized).JPG
IMG_1862D (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859D (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA874350-BCBF-471C-AEAE-8415DD964D00 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 28.
#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

at least the bulb does, it flashes right in your eyes and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Funny you'd say that, it always bothered me how much the bulb sticks out of there and how big the hole in the sign is. Included with my lighted red barchetta mod is a custom fitting/spacer that fills the hole and makes the replacement bulb sit more flush. Plus it'll include gold colored hardware (like the one by the S in the modded-version picture below; I accidentally ordered the wrong size for the lower two, so those will be here soon) to blend in better.

Unmodded:
20220501_100858 (resized).jpg20220501_100858 (resized).jpg

Modded (less the two screws to be replaced with the gold colored ones soon):
20220501_100626 (resized).jpg20220501_100626 (resized).jpg

#1152 1 year ago

Wow. You guys are bang on.
That jackpot sign stuck out to me too since day one.
Rocket City, you’re always thinking next level.
Great idea and thank you for including it with lighted Barchetta mod.

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Included with my lighted red barchetta mod is a custom fitting/spacer that fills the hole and makes the replacement bulb sit more flush. Plus it'll include gold colored hardware (like the one by the S in the modded-version picture below; I accidentally ordered the wrong size for the lower two, so those will be here soon) to blend in better.
Unmodded:
[quoted image]
Modded:
[quoted image]

#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Also, who is making the steam punk flasher dome covers? Whoever is, pm me and maybe we could trade mods, always like doing that.

I got these for the two on the left. They look great.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods/05759-rush-steampunk-gear-flash-covers

#1154 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That super jackpot sign has to go, or at least the bulb does, it flashes right in your eyes and sticks out like a sore thumb. I don’t know what to do about it, have to think of something. Maybe some kind of cover.
Also, who is making the steam punk flasher dome covers? Whoever is, pm me and maybe we could trade mods, always like doing that.

Mezel mod put a gear on it.

#1155 1 year ago

I tried making my own dice out of oversized clear. Looks pretty good but turns out it's too big for the side scoop. I may need to change the dots to black.

IMG_20220501_184609925 (resized).jpgIMG_20220501_184609925 (resized).jpgIMG_20220501_184613092 (resized).jpgIMG_20220501_184613092 (resized).jpg
#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Funny you'd say that, it always bothered me how much the bulb sticks out of there and how big the hole in the sign is. Included with my lighted red barchetta mod is a custom fitting/spacer that fills the hole and makes the replacement bulb sit more flush. Plus it'll include gold colored hardware (like the one by the S in the modded-version picture below; I accidentally ordered the wrong size for the lower two, so those will be here soon) to blend in better.
Unmodded:
[quoted image]
Modded (less the two screws to be replaced with the gold colored ones soon):
[quoted image]

Easy fix

06498536-B684-4C28-9B8A-506FC597E6F2 (resized).jpeg06498536-B684-4C28-9B8A-506FC597E6F2 (resized).jpegB905956F-46DE-4D73-9598-EA7F555179A0 (resized).jpegB905956F-46DE-4D73-9598-EA7F555179A0 (resized).jpeg
#1157 1 year ago

That doesn't do it for me either, not sure I like the exposed LEDs, and it still leaves a big gap around the hole.

I think I might take my own idea -- designed to accommodate the different bulb type used in my lit Red Barchetta mod -- and modify it further to accommodate the stock bulb. I think it would still look lightyears better with the filled gap and bulb not sticking out so far. (And with the updated hardware.) It'd be a nice little cleanup mod that folks who don't get the Red Barchetta can still enjoy.

I'll see if I can get that put together and in my shop later this week.

#1158 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

That doesn't do it for me either, not sure I like the exposed LEDs, and it still leaves a big gap around the hole.
I think I might take my own idea -- designed to accommodate the different bulb type used in my lit Red Barchetta mod -- and modify it further to accommodate the stock bulb. I think it would still look lightyears better with the filled gap and bulb not sticking out so far. (And with the updated hardware.) It'd be a nice little cleanup mod that folks who don't get the Red Barchetta can still enjoy.

Honestly the sign needs a frame on it with a recessed back that has a short led strip, a gear plug for the light hole and the "SUPER" and "JACKPOT" lettering lit up from BEHIND the plastic (and only the letters - there needs to be a mask to prevent light bleeding into the rest of the sign area) so the sign is like a functioning real-world lit sign.

#1159 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I tried making my own dice out of oversized clear. Looks pretty good but turns out it's too big for the side scoop. I may need to change the dots to black.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the same dice, they fit very well on both scoops, but to make them fit, you have to drill them so the hole is close to the bottom of the dice. If you drill in the center, they won’t fit. See my post 1147 for a pic.

#1160 1 year ago

What someone really needs to make is a steampunk time machine facade where the ring lights and spins, now that would be very cool.

#1161 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I think I might take my own idea -- designed to accommodate the different bulb type used in my lit Red Barchetta mod -- and modify it further to accommodate the stock bulb. I think it would still look lightyears better with the filled gap and bulb not sticking out so far. (And with the updated
hardware.) It'd be a nice little cleanup mod that folks who don't get the Red Barchetta can still enjoy.

Love this idea !!!! I have (and love) the Barchetta mod but didn’t add the lights. So great idea Andy !!

FFB802CE-BB6E-46C5-81C9-3C4CD6B1B8B9 (resized).jpegFFB802CE-BB6E-46C5-81C9-3C4CD6B1B8B9 (resized).jpeg
#1162 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Love this idea !!!! I have (and love) the Barchetta mod but didn’t add the lights. So great idea Andy !![quoted image]

Gumby ?

#1163 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Easy fix

That’ll be 25

I love the Gumby mod!

#1164 1 year ago

I’m RUSH Gumby damn it !!!!

#1165 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

I’m RUSH Gumby damn it !!!!

I just heard theres a run on Gumby on amazon

#1166 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I just heard theres a run on Gumby on amazon

When Time Stand Still was in theaters Gumby and Pals jammed to Working Man! And… when the film was released on Blu-ray a Gumby keychain was included with Gumby in a RUSH t-shirt

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Ok here we go, updated the model late last night and ran print overnight, so now it accomodates the stock bulb.
Screenshot_20220502-182158_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220502-182158_Gallery (resized).jpg

... here's before and after, with the stock bulb. Cleans it up nicely. Again, I'll be including the gold colored hardware shown near the S, just waiting for the replacement screws for the bottom two to arrive, then I'll post updated pics and drop it in my shop.

Before, messy and exposed:
20220501_100858 (resized).jpg20220501_100858 (resized).jpg

After, nice and clean. (Bottom screws will be gold too)
20220502_092032 (resized).jpg20220502_092032 (resized).jpg

#1168 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Ok here we go, updated the model late last night and ran print overnight, so now it accomodates the stock bulb.
[quoted image]
... here's before and after, with the stock bulb. Cleans it up nicely. Again, I'll be including the gold colored hardware shown near the S, just waiting for the replacement screws for the bottom two to arrive, then I'll post updated pics and drop it in my shop.
Before, messy and exposed:
[quoted image]
After, nice and clean.
[quoted image]

This I want

#1169 1 year ago

I’d love to see a new design idea for the super jackpot plastic. Mezel is pretty good but the red lettering is hard to see.

#1170 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’d love to see a new design idea for the super jackpot plastic. Mezel is pretty good but the red lettering is hard to see.

How about “Enter Xanadu”?

#1171 1 year ago

Lit Kit Flippers - Rush Pinball Mod set - the two main and the third flipper also ( https://ArcadeMade.com )

Rush-Lit-Kit-Flippers (resized).jpgRush-Lit-Kit-Flippers (resized).jpgRush-Lit-Kit-Flippers-eyes (resized).jpgRush-Lit-Kit-Flippers-eyes (resized).jpg

#1172 1 year ago

You got high beams for Fly By Night MB eh?

Quoted from ArcadeAction:

Lit Kit Flippers - Rush Pinball Mod set - the two main and the third flipper also ( https://ArcadeMade.com )

#1173 1 year ago

Found this gem of a ticket magnet in my mailbox today designed by j_m_ which coincidentally was 2 hours after my distributor called to confirm shipping of my Rush premium. Sadly, I only saw one Rush show live which was at the Capital Centre in Landover, MD (RIP). High school graduation gift from my older brother who first exposed me to Rush with Permanent Waves on cassette in 1980. This ticket reproduction looked so authentic, I had him make me 2. Great guy to work with and perfectly brought back the nostalgia of the moment with Cap Centre logo on the ticket stubs all us NoVA natives remember from the 1970-90s while including details of the show I attended, customized exactly as requested with a font true to the original. Can't wait to see how the looks on my machine.

Rush Ticket Magnet (resized).jpgRush Ticket Magnet (resized).jpg
#1174 1 year ago

I was at that show. Here's my actual ticket stub from that night. It's on my LE right now.
20220504_194942 (resized).jpg20220504_194942 (resized).jpg

#1175 1 year ago
Quoted from vtstarman:

Found this gem of a ticket magnet in my mailbox today designed by j_m_ which coincidentally was 2 hours after my distributor called to confirm shipping of my Rush premium. Sadly, I only saw one Rush show live which was at the Capital Centre in Landover, MD (RIP). High school graduation gift from my older brother who first exposed me to Rush with Permanent Waves on cassette in 1980. This ticket reproduction looked so authentic, I had him make me 2. Great guy to work with and perfectly brought back the nostalgia of the moment with Cap Centre logo on the ticket stubs all us NoVA natives remember from the 1970-90s while including details of the show I attended, customized exactly as requested with a font true to the original. Can't wait to see how the looks on my machine.
[quoted image]

Bought mine from j_m_ also. Very happy. Did a great copy of my Time Machine tour ticket.

20220330_213304 (resized).jpg20220330_213304 (resized).jpg
#1176 1 year ago

Here's mine. Laminated original.

IMG_20220505_060246105 (resized).jpgIMG_20220505_060246105 (resized).jpg
#1177 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Here's mine. Laminated original.
[quoted image]

1978 wow! I was 9.

Awesome.

#1178 1 year ago

Just stepped up my game with the Lermods Hoot Again Owl. Eyes light up when Shoot Again flashes. Super cool! And he is just hanging out!
57045FC4-469F-4A47-814E-B5808C756EF2 (resized).jpeg57045FC4-469F-4A47-814E-B5808C756EF2 (resized).jpegD48477F2-DEC9-45A4-B14C-87C662955C7D (resized).jpegD48477F2-DEC9-45A4-B14C-87C662955C7D (resized).jpeg

And all the mods together for now:

5110E101-1FA6-4227-AE09-82780CC32310 (resized).jpeg5110E101-1FA6-4227-AE09-82780CC32310 (resized).jpeg
#1179 1 year ago

Super Jackpot Light Cleanup Kit is now available in my shop!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/06816-rush-super-jackpot-light-cleanup-kit

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Super duper easy to install (though I still managed to drop a screw/washer, lol)

(Note: those of you purchasing my Red Barchetta road-scene mod with LIT headlights will not need this kit, as that version of the mod comes with a variation of this design/setup .... which is what gave me this idea in the first place.)

#1180 1 year ago

I love that mod, but it hits a little too close to home.

#1181 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I love that mod, but it hits a little too close to home.

Thanks, though I'm honestly not sure what you mean here?

Edit-- this is a self-deprecating genitalia joke, isn't it ... lol

#1182 1 year ago

I've got this and an LE start button in my cart. What about copper color LE posts? At minimum I'd like to replace the clear star posts Stern uses to prevent ball traps.

#1183 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

I've got this and an LE start button in my cart. What about copper color LE posts? At minimum I'd like to replace the clear star posts Stern uses to prevent ball traps.

Awesome! The posts are ready, I just haven't had the chance to put them in the machine to take pics, and I didn't want to put them up for sale in the shop until I had pics. If you want to include the star post replacements for now, just order them under the Golden Posts listing (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04224-golden-posts-for-games-w-gold-art-or-yellowed-aged-pfs , ignore the note about minimum qty since you're ordering other stuff) and just include a note on the order that these should be 'antique brass for Rush'.

(Hoping to get to the installation this weekend. My daughter is taking my wife to the movies for Mother's Day so I might have some time then, my son can be my trusty assistant.)

#1184 1 year ago

SkyKing2301 , I sent a few more questions to you via Pinside message, so as not to clutter up the forum.

#1185 1 year ago

Something else that will help clean up the look of the three indicator lights in this game would be using the colored "indicator lamps" from Comet. Basically the domes are the color of the LED instead of being that ugly white.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/colored-lens-indicator-lamps

#1186 1 year ago

All, sorry if this was answered previously (I'm not digging through 24 pages...); I'm asking if anyone has experience with the different approaches to the gear flasher covers. One company uses adhesive to keep them in place, while another provides a "foot" to run a screw through and hardware (e.g. longer bolts and spacers) to anchor the covers down. The adhesive approach is MUCH less expensive, but my concern offhand is clearance - especially with the left side that's already covered by a piece of plastic. I'm sure both companies products are well made and hope to get some useful feedback. Thanks

#1187 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods/05759-rush-steampunk-gear-flasher-covers
I have these and they fit perfectly, and haven't moved since I installed

#1189 1 year ago

Same here.
And I didn’t even use the adhesive.
They sit perfectly.

I just remove them whenever lifting the PF,
Although I have forgotten to twice and they still stayed in place w/o adhesive lol.

#1190 1 year ago

Super jackpot sign

2381BEE9-706F-4DB5-9AC5-171FCC7906FE (resized).jpeg2381BEE9-706F-4DB5-9AC5-171FCC7906FE (resized).jpeg
#1191 1 year ago

Here's a quick mod we just put together, backboard flasher tied to the clock insert flasher by the pops. Could be easily moved to any other flasher. Shown in ice blue, but other colors available. Similar to what we’ve done for games like metallica, iron man and acdc only voltage is different on spike games.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/rush-pinball-led-strip-backboard-flasher

PXL_20220510_233013736 (resized).jpgPXL_20220510_233013736 (resized).jpg

#1192 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here's a quick mod we just put together, backboard flasher tied to the clock insert flasher by the pops. Could be easily moved to any other flasher. Shown in ice blue, but other colors available. Similar to what we’ve done for games like metallica, iron man and acdc only voltage is different on spike games.

[quoted image]

Thx for doing this!! Ordered

#1193 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

nice ,ordered

#1194 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks cool for Pro & Premium, without expression lighting. I think this combined with expression lighting might be seizure-inducing!

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Looks cool for Pro & Premium, without expression lighting. I think this combined with expression lighting might be seizure-inducing!

Gonna be great on le. I have this kit on metallica and really think it adds a lot

#1196 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Gonna be great on le. I have this kit on metallica and really think it adds a lot

Certainly hope so, just wondering if it'll clash with all the other lighting already going on from the expression lighting?

#1197 1 year ago

"What could this strange device be...?"

Screenshot_20220512-171811_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220512-171811_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

"What could this strange device be...?"[quoted image]

A beautiful Hex Space sleeves

#1199 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

"What could this strange device be...?"[quoted image]

is that the rush kit ?

#1200 1 year ago

So ... between my posts that I teased back in Post 1056 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/22#post-6894329) and my the gold hardware in my Super Jackpot Cleanup Kit in Post 1179 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/24#post-6916348) .... it really kinda opened Pandora's Box.

With my own artistic love of proper color coordination (colored posts is what started this Rocket City Pinball gig for me in the first place), and some nudging to acknowledge where I already knew this was headed (thanks, but no thanks, but thanks Kez11 ) ... I'm afraid I'm getting carried away but it'll be worth it in the end.

With all the steampunk bronze/copper/gold on the plastics, the silver hardware just sticks out like a sore thumb. As such, I've painstakingly examined, sourced, and ordered all the necessary gold-colored hardware to replace all the silver screws & washers in the game that touch the decorative plastics. Once I have everything in hand and confirm I've got everything right, I'll offer this as a kit.

But it's not just the hardware itself! Looking at the game, and imagining all the gold hardware in place (or seeing some, as I had some alreadly), the next things that really stands out (pin intended) as clashing are the hex spacers, that are holding up some of the plastics and ramps and stuff. So ... again, did I mention Pandora's box? ... I designed and printed Rocket City Pinball's newest thing -- Hex Sleeves to cover up the hex spacers with a more appropriate color! They're designed to simply slide over the hex spacer and hide it inside. These will be available for Rush and for other games too (if you have others you'd like to add color to). I haven't had time to look around (between the day job and evening family time & late night working on these things), so I don't know if anyone else is making things like this, but a quick search I ran just now doesn't yield anything. Might be onto something new here! But anyway --

On Rush at least, almost all of these hex spacers have a washer at their base. To remove the hex spacer though, you need to grab the head of the screw underneath the plastic, and there are several spots where they're not easily accessible. As such, I added a rounded flange to the base of the Hex Sleeves -- this hides the washer so it's not noticeable unless you're looking at it from a very low angle.

I'm printing these in the same antique brass color as the posts. Here's a teaser photo of what these will look like when installed. You'll also note in this pic that I installed my replacement posts as well as the Hex Sleeves. The Hex Sleeves are shown here with the gold screws/washers installed too.... several others around them (including in the replacement posts) are still silver because I haven't received the new gold hardware yet. So consider this a tease, I'll post more pics when I have all the hardware in hand and continue the swapout!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 49.99
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
$ 15.00
Rubber/Silicone
NinjaCamp Mods
Rubber/Silicone
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
9,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/24?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.