(Topic ID: 307587)

RUSH - Mods and Toys; what are you hoping for, and/or who's making an offering?

By Rodent

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,385 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg
TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg
20230811_102954 (resized).jpg
Rush-Pinball-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Stern-Pinball-Rush-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Rush-Pinball-Owl-Shooter-Rod.jpg
TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
TopperCleanup (resized).jpg
IMG_1839D (resized).JPG
IMG_1862D (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859D (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA874350-BCBF-471C-AEAE-8415DD964D00 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 28.
#1102 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That owl looks nothing like the one from fly by night and what's on the playfield. It's just a generic owl that was purchased and that he painted.

Yeah, but modfathers RUSH drumset is a dead ringer!!! lol

#1103 1 year ago

Has anyone tried mounting a Barchetta over the left orbit, like where the drum clock is on the premium? Curious if it can work there...

#1104 1 year ago

Slowly getting there. Thanks to my darling wife for helping me do a good chunk of the painting for this prototype. Havent had much time so gave her a few drums and had her play with color variations, this one is our favorite so far. Havent found a good clock mechanism yet, so just place a couple of screws to get an idea of the face. The initial design was a snare drum, but might modify it a bit to make it a bass drum. TBD on that

The hardest part is getting a vibrant chrome gold. We've gone through 7 gold acrylics and waiting on a couple more to come in.

2022-04-25 22.11.04 (resized).jpg2022-04-25 22.11.04 (resized).jpg2022-04-25 22.11.13 (resized).jpg2022-04-25 22.11.13 (resized).jpg2022-04-25 22.10.48 (resized).jpg2022-04-25 22.10.48 (resized).jpg2022-04-25 22.12.00 (resized).jpg2022-04-25 22.12.00 (resized).jpg
#1105 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Slowly getting there. Thanks to my darling wife for helping me do a good chunk of the painting for this prototype. Havent had much time so gave her a few drums and had her play with color variations, this one is our favorite so far. Havent found a good clock mechanism yet, so just place a couple of screws to get an idea of the face. The initial design was a snare drum, but might modify it a bit to make it a bass drum. TBD on that
The hardest part is getting a vibrant chrome gold. We've gone through 7 gold acrylics and waiting on a couple more to come in.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great put me in your list. Crazy all the Mods for this Game.

#1106 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Well done! That looks really good.

Quoted from upsfeedr:

Looks great put me in your list. Crazy all the Mods for this Game.

I think it speaks volumes that Rush fans are so into this pin like no other I can remember. It's definitely a special band and special machine to me.

#1107 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Wow...... that's awesome

#1108 1 year ago

So much goodness in this whole thread here,
I just Had to *bump/repost it.

And absolutely. RUSH is a special band, and this is a special pin! Everyone involved imo took it to the next level for this pin. I love it.

And Sleal16 that’s looking great bud.
Can’t wait to see it

Quoted from kool1:

Well done! That looks really good.

I think it speaks volumes that Rush fans are so into this pin like no other I can remember. It's definitely a special band and special machine to me.

#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Respect for the time and effort to develop a really cool looking mod!!

#1110 1 year ago

Thanks! And yeah, super slow moving as I'm trying to catch up on other projects so havent fully committed as much time as I'd like. A couple more test runs and should be ready to build the mount for it.

#1111 1 year ago

Sorry LE guys, I did a thing...

I was pondering that awesome bronze filament I'm using to make the posts (reference https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/22#post-6894329) ...

... I wondered how that would look on my 'Solar Federation' red star 3D Start Button.

The original design intent was to be like the album cover -- red star on a starfield, with text in light blue or purple, shown here:

rush_originals (resized).jpgrush_originals (resized).jpg

rush_black_on_le (resized).jpgrush_black_on_le (resized).jpg

rush_black_on_le_full (resized).jpgrush_black_on_le_full (resized).jpg

Now, don't get me wrong, this looks cool on the LE and I love it. It looks even better on the Premium and the Pro (pics coming soon, just got some nices ones on a premium).

But since I bought that cool new filament to match the gears and stuff on the PF, and the LE cabinet has the gears and stuff ... I decided to try the 2112 start button like this instead:

Gold_new (resized).jpgGold_new (resized).jpg

Gold_flat_lit-ulit (resized).jpgGold_flat_lit-ulit (resized).jpg

Gold_flat_full (resized).jpgGold_flat_full (resized).jpg

Gold_text_lit-unlit (resized).jpgGold_text_lit-unlit (resized).jpg

Gold_text_full (resized).jpgGold_text_full (resized).jpg

Instead of translucent red / starry black / white / black / blue (or purple), this LE-intended design is translucent red / bronze / copper / black / gold.

I'm so torn because I love the starfield and homage to the album cover ... but this looks so cool too.

What do you guys think? If you like it, I'll add these as variations available in my shop. (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05567-3d-start-button-rush)

#1112 1 year ago

I would order the new star design for my LE in a heartbeat…. Just sayin’

#1113 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK its taken a lot of work to get here, but Space Coast Pinball is finally able to release the first shipment of the Time Machine simulated vacuum tube lighting. This took me a while to get the look I wanted and find a bright enough LED to go inside. I've also been SUPER busy in my personal life and day job, so I apologize they are so late. Each light is hand assembled and painted from 6 parts per bulb, so all are slightly different as a result. It has a real steam punk look and I was just playing my game and they look amazing if I do say so. Because of the intricate nature of the build, a lot of time and effort goes in to making each one of these. I'm sure this first wave will sell out soon and I will try to ramp up production speed with the help of some new tools that are on their way!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/06768-rush-time-machine-simulated-vacuum-tube-led-upgrade-kit

Put me on the list for the 2nd round, I missed your announcement, but great to see the support for it!

#1114 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Sorry LE guys, I did a thing...
I was pondering that awesome bronze filament I'm using to make the posts (reference https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/22#post-6894329) ...
... I wondered how that would look on my 'Solar Federation' red star 3D Start Button.
The original design intent was to be like the album cover -- red star on a starfield, with text in light blue or purple, shown here:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Now, don't get me wrong, this looks cool on the LE and I love it. It looks even better on the Premium and the Pro (pics coming soon, just got some nices ones on a premium).
But since I bought that cool new filament to match the gears and stuff on the PF, and the LE cabinet has the gears and stuff ... I decided to try the 2112 start button like this instead:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Instead of translucent red / starry black / white / black / blue (or purple), this LE-intended design is translucent red / bronze / copper / black / gold.
I'm so torn because I love the starfield and homage to the album cover ... but this looks so cool too.
What do you guys think? If you like it, I'll add these as variations available in my shop. (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05567-3d-start-button-rush)

Who says you can’t have both, and swap them around occasionally?

I like the look, and may buy another, just have to decide which version, lol.

#1115 1 year ago

Looks great for the LEs

Im stil loving my original on my Pro. Always getting compliments on it.

#1116 1 year ago

So without reading 23 pages of posts, who is making a drum clock for the Pro model that is somewhat like the toy on the premium?

#1117 1 year ago

#1118 1 year ago

Post 1104 shows sleal16 awesome version

#1119 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

I would order the new star design for my LE in a heartbeat…. Just sayin’

Quoted from SterlingRush:

Who says you can’t have both, and swap them around occasionally?
I like the look, and may buy another, just have to decide which version, lol.

Quoted from kool1:

Looks great for the LEs
Im stil loving my original on my Pro. Always getting compliments on it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Added to my shop -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05567-3d-start-button-rush

#1120 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

So without reading 23 pages of posts, who is making a drum clock for the Pro model that is somewhat like the toy on the premium?

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/rush-pinball-pro-interactive-illuminated-clock

#1121 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK its taken a lot of work to get here, but Space Coast Pinball is finally able to release the first shipment of the Time Machine simulated vacuum tube lighting. This took me a while to get the look I wanted and find a bright enough LED to go inside. I've also been SUPER busy in my personal life and day job, so I apologize they are so late. Each light is hand assembled and painted from 6 parts per bulb, so all are slightly different as a result. It has a real steam punk look and I was just playing my game and they look amazing if I do say so. Because of the intricate nature of the build, a lot of time and effort goes in to making each one of these. I'm sure this first wave will sell out soon and I will try to ramp up production speed with the help of some new tools that are on their way!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/06768-rush-time-machine-simulated-vacuum-tube-led-upgrade-kit

Hi John, put me on the list please, PM when available.

#1122 1 year ago

Ok, we are now ready to reveal our next mod for Rush. Our illuminated and interactive Fly-by-Night owl. This owl will be interactive with the "hoot again" lights between the flippers so when they light, the owls eyes will light. My game arrives tomorrow so I just need to work on placement, but I don't forsee this being an issue. His wing span is around 5".

These take a very long time to make, a lot of detail, just look at the wings.

If you are interested in one, send me a pm so we can start building up inventory, but these should be up on our website for ordering over the weekend.

IMG_20220428_101532 (resized).jpgIMG_20220428_101532 (resized).jpgPXL_20220428_142052222 (resized).jpgPXL_20220428_142052222 (resized).jpg

owl3 (resized).jpgowl3 (resized).jpg
#1123 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods: Our illuminated and interactive Fly-by-Night owl.

A lot of nice detail, clearly put the time in. What I don't understand though, between yours and Modfather's repainted one, is why you've chosen to make them such a deep blue. Why blue? I understand the owl on the FbN album cover has a bluish hue, but that's merely because it's a white owl seen in the moonlight. It's not a blue owl.

(You'll note it's a white owl in the game animations too.)

Anyway, nice work on the design & hoot-again-lights tie-in ... I would just suggest a more realistic color.

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

A lot of nice detail, clearly put the time in. What I don't understand though, between yours and Modfather's repainted one, is why you've chosen to make them such a deep blue. Why blue? I understand the owl on the FbN album cover has a bluish hue, but that's merely because it's a white owl seen in the moonlight. It's not a blue owl.
(You'll note it's a white owl in the game animations too.)
Anyway, nice work on the design & hoot-again-lights tie-in ... I would just suggest a more realistic color.

thx. It's blue because that's how it looks on the album cover and on the game. Ever since I was a kid, whenever i think of fly by night, I think of a blue owl. I realize snow owls are white, but it would look kind of weird if we made a white one and not match the Rush theme...plus, if we made it white, the first post would be "why did you make it white, it's blue on the album and the game?"

That said, if you want it white, I can easily offer that option.

#1125 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

thx. It's blue because that's how it looks on the album cover and on the game. Ever since I was a kid, whenever i think of fly by night, I think of a blue owl. I realize snow owls are white, but it would look kind of weird if we made a white one and not match the Rush theme...plus, if we made it white, the first post would be "why did you make it white, it's blue on the album and the game?"
That said, if you want it white, I can easily offer that option.

Haha, this is going to become the blue/black or white/gold dress discussion!

I see what you're saying and recognize many others may also see it the same "literal" color. I've always seen it in the full context of the scene, as a white owl in the moonlight, and many others will also see it this way. As such, I guess you should consider offering both options, which it sounds like you're open to. GLWS

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ok, we are now ready to reveal our next mod for Rush. Our illuminated and interactive Fly-by-Night owl. This owl will be interactive with the "hoot again" lights between the flippers so when they light, the owls eyes will light. My game arrives tomorrow so I just need to work on placement, but I don't forsee this being an issue. His wing span is around 5".

Would be interested to see placement for sure. Post when you can.

Great job though!!

#1127 1 year ago

Combining the Vacuum Tube mod from John_I with Mezel's Time Machine. Its not a perfect fit (yet), mainly due to the factory sockets alignment. In this pic, the top piece that goes around the tubes isn't attached, but I'll re-glue it once everything lines up.

IMG_7799 (resized).jpgIMG_7799 (resized).jpg
#1128 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Combining the Vacuum Tube mod from John_I with Mezel's Time Machine. Its not a perfect fit (yet), mainly due to the factory sockets alignment. In this pic, the top piece that goes around the tubes isn't attached, but I'll re-glue it once everything lines up.
[quoted image]

please post the finished product looks great

#1129 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

please post the finished product looks great

That’s pretty much the look unless I paint the tube bases a little darker.

#1130 1 year ago

The vacuum tubes are a no brainer and look F’n awesome - mine arrive on Saturday And I’m looking forward to popping those bad boys in.

#1131 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Thanks for taking a crack at this! I was wondering if these were going to be able to work together, it looks to me like the best of both worlds!

#1132 1 year ago

Got mine today also. Thank you, Space Coast Pinball!

20220428_133644 (resized).jpg20220428_133644 (resized).jpg
#1133 1 year ago

Just got mine, awesomely great mod! Thanks Space Coast Pinball!!

Bulbs (resized).jpgBulbs (resized).jpg
#1134 1 year ago

That’s pretty much the look unless I paint the tube bases a little darker.

looks great im debating on that time machine mod but that way its a yes for me

#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

The vacuum tubes are a no brainer and look F’n awesome - mine arrive on Saturday And I’m looking forward to popping those bad boys in.

Well.... I don't know about a no-brainer. They look great but at $20 @ for a 1/2 inch bulb... I'm not that mod crazy.... yet.

#1136 1 year ago

Costs less than a dinner for 2 these days and it’s an awesome upgrade and your’re supporting a fellow pinball enthusiast and his family. Win win

#1137 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you are interested in one, send me a pm so we can start building up inventory, but these should be up on our website for ordering over the weekend.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great nice work but, the owl is not blue
Or should I say deep blue.
You should lighten it up a little and maybe add a silver /white frost effect

#1138 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Looks great nice work but, the owl is not blue
Or should I say deep blue.
You should lighten it up a little and maybe add a silver /white frost effect

36F7C47E-4887-4583-941F-4AAB677EB2A4 (resized).jpeg36F7C47E-4887-4583-941F-4AAB677EB2A4 (resized).jpeg

The goal of this mod is to resemble what’s on the playfield and provide a visual cue.

#1139 1 year ago
Untitled-12 (resized).jpgUntitled-12 (resized).jpg
#1140 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Dude, that looks badass...vacuum tube on the way, but looks like Mezel is getting more of my money....

#1141 1 year ago
1A44F3DB-CD27-49EC-925A-EA8FEE9A61FC (resized).jpeg1A44F3DB-CD27-49EC-925A-EA8FEE9A61FC (resized).jpeg5547B7EC-D8B1-4BC1-83D6-06331D9F6A09 (resized).jpeg5547B7EC-D8B1-4BC1-83D6-06331D9F6A09 (resized).jpegFD769B78-BC3C-41BB-BAA6-3EE9EC6B309B (resized).jpegFD769B78-BC3C-41BB-BAA6-3EE9EC6B309B (resized).jpeg
#1142 1 year ago

The “Blue” Owl does most certainly Match the pin/PF & album art. Does flow. All good.

However
natural colour of the Owl could make for
a P O P effect.

I’m torn lol.
But likely going White Owl

#1143 1 year ago

not a blue owlnot a blue owl

This has been an interesting controversy. If anything, the discussion helped Lermods sell more owls since it sounds like they can be offered in either blue or white. I'll stop now

#1144 1 year ago

I received my game today and have confirmed the fit in the back corner, plenty of room. He is mounted on a section of wire so he will have the added benefit of appearing to float and move slightly during game play if the game is nudged. This is now available on our website in blue (and white). I suspect most are going to want this in blue, but I could be wrong as I never thought anyone would want it in white.

I also will have another picture of our clock showing the face lit in warm white (previously shown in mulitcolor.)

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/rush-pinball-illuminated-interactive-fly-by-night-owl

PXL_20220429_145626524.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20220429_145626524.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
#1145 1 year ago

busy working on my game a little today. Curious what pitch people are using, feels pretty floaty at stock 6.5-6.7. Anyway, here are a couple of videos showing some mods we have now: Clock with warm white Leds, warm white backboard light, ice blue trough, dice to cover the green and, of course, the owl, which is shown interacting with the hoot again insert lights. I currently have the clock interacting with the clock insert, but it can be easily moved to any other insert (working man might make sense too).

#1146 1 year ago

Got the ninjacamp over the pin monk mylar. Feeling good about it

0352BDF9-21F0-4576-94B9-0DAB0CEFF2CC (resized).jpeg0352BDF9-21F0-4576-94B9-0DAB0CEFF2CC (resized).jpeg

#1147 1 year ago

Added an ice blue interactive scoop light triggered by the mystery insert. It's a nice visual cue to hit the scoop.

PXL_20220430_225105973 (resized).jpgPXL_20220430_225105973 (resized).jpgPXL_20220430_225122743 (resized).jpgPXL_20220430_225122743 (resized).jpg
#1148 1 year ago

Fun video showcasing Rocket City Pinball's Red Barchetta mod (with lit headlights) and Space Coast Pinball's vacuum tube bulbs.

(Don't mind the missing screw on the Super Jackpot sign, I removed it for size verification. As part of the lighting mod I'm replacing these with gold-colored hardware -- like the one by the S -- so they blend in better.)

#1149 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Fun video showcasing Rocket City Pinball's Red Barchetta mod (with lit headlights) and Space Coast Pinball's vacuum tube bulbs.
(Don't mind the missing screw on the Super Jackpot sign, I removed it for size verification. As part of the lighting mod I'm replacing these with gold-colored hardware -- like the one by the S -- so they blend in better.)

That super jackpot sign has to go, or at least the bulb does, it flashes right in your eyes and sticks out like a sore thumb. I don’t know what to do about it, have to think of something. Maybe some kind of cover.

Also, who is making the steam punk flasher dome covers? Whoever is, pm me and maybe we could trade mods, always like doing that.

#1150 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That super jackpot sign has to go, or at least the bulb does, it flashes right in your eyes and sticks out like a sore thumb. I don’t know what to do about it, have to think of something. Maybe some kind of cover.
Also, who is making the steam punk flasher dome covers? Whoever is, pm me and maybe we could trade mods, always like doing that.

PM sent....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rehoboth Beach, DE
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 15.00
Rubber/Silicone
NinjaCamp Mods
Rubber/Silicone
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/23?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.