(Topic ID: 307587)

RUSH - Mods and Toys; what are you hoping for, and/or who's making an offering?

By Rodent

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,385 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg
TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg
20230811_102954 (resized).jpg
Rush-Pinball-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Stern-Pinball-Rush-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Rush-Pinball-Owl-Shooter-Rod.jpg
TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
TopperCleanup (resized).jpg
IMG_1839D (resized).JPG
IMG_1862D (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859D (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA874350-BCBF-471C-AEAE-8415DD964D00 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 28.
#501 2 years ago

Can those of you with the Diddy's flasher cap covers tell me if they block your sightline of the top of the in and outlanes when installed on the slingshot flashers? I can't tell from photos. Definitely going to get some for the other flashers, but I don't want anything blocking key sightlines. Thx.

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Opens it up to cheating. No?
How do u know if someone lifts the glass or not?

Well if you’re the tournament director or the operator, I think you’d know. We’re talking about 1 game, 1 location. Not an LZ in Atlanta competing with an LZ in Pittsburgh.

Having said that…I look forward to comparing scores and achievements with my buddy Schwaggs up the road from me.

#503 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Not much of a ‘goodie bag’ in my Rush LE. Unless you consider a large plastic bag with a 1” QR code sticker in it. No plastic, key fob or anything. Someone must have taken the day off haha

Yeah, you'd think for the prices we're paying now for these games they could afford to throw in an extra set of sling plastics and a couple of key fobs. Quite disappointing honestly. I noticed they also took away the headphone jack that was on the Spike CPU. You can purchase a Stern headphone kit option for $99 and there are some better aftermarket options as well from Pinball Life and Pinnovators, but they could have at least left the option on the Spike 2 card. I guess the days of an LE coming with a really cool topper are long gone as well. I LOVE my long awaited RUSH game, but not so happy with Stern's cash grab. I'll not be enabling the Insider Connected function on my game.

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Not sure but Wizardmod.com has some Rush magnetic apron covers for sale... one for each model. They look great and cover all the bad looking stuff.[quoted image]

Quoted from Apollo18:

I’m covering any and all ICs
Not interested.
For the Pro I’d go full WizApron covering the IC
I’m going to order the Premium Apron myself to cover the IC. was on the fence about it until this week. Now I know for certain. Don’t want it.
Couldnt care less about the “achievements”
I’ll do the “achievements” by playing the game and practicing shots/combos. Don’t need the $200 IC to give me a badge for the “achievements” and declare to the IC world that I’ve done them.
Just no value to ME. To each their own.
Just my 2 cents on the IC subject.

[quoted image]

I definitely want my IC so I just want a card. I hope someone makes some.

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Can those of you with the Diddy's flasher cap covers tell me if they block your sightline of the top of the in and outlanes when installed on the slingshot flashers? I can't tell from photos. Definitely going to get some for the other flashers, but I don't want anything blocking key sightlines. Thx.

Not at all. They're great.

#506 2 years ago

A removable option would be ideal.
If you have someone who wants to use it, to be able easily uncover it would be a nice perk.

Like a card. Now I see what you mean.
I get it. I like it!

Quoted from kool1:

I definitely want my IC so I just want a card. I hope someone makes some.

#508 2 years ago

I saw those but 2 issues. I couldn't figure out that program to resize and I don't have a decent printer....

Anyone handy that way? I'm happy to pay for supplies, times and shipping.

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I saw those but 2 issues. I couldn't figure out that program to resize and I don't have a decent printer....
Anyone handy that way? I'm happy to pay for supplies, times and shipping.

I usually just convert the file so it is 4x6 inches using a free program called GIMP. That way I can print it at any online photo printer as a standard cheap 4x6 photo and cut it down to size. There are a ton of cards, so tell me which slide numbers from that post you like best and I will post them here in a format that can be printed for 25 cents at Walgreens or any photo printer.

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Not at all. A must mod!

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I usually just convert the file so it is 4x6 inches using a free program called GIMP. That way I can print it at any online photo printer as a standard cheap 4x6 photo and cut it down to size. There are a ton of cards, so tell me which slide numbers from that post you like best and I will post them here in a format that can be printed for 25 cents at Walgreens or any photo printer.

Slides 12,13, and 19 all awesome - thank you for offering!

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Slides 12,13, and 19 all awesome - thank you for offering!

OK here are those three. I uploaded them without scaling, so you should be able to click on them, download and save. I've been meaning to make a video showing how to do this, but I have to set up my new PC for recording still. Here it is in a nutshell using a freeware program called GIMP. Download and install GIMP; I think there is even a version for mac these days. It has a lot of the same functions as photoshop, but at a much better price!

Basically you open the file and "scale image" to the proper size. In this case 3 x 5.5 inches for a Stern card. I usually go a little smaller say 2.9 x 5.4 inches and make it 300dpi in the same menu. Then go into "canvas size", set the canvas size to 4 x 6 inches, click "center", fill with white and hit resize. At this point you export as a .jpg or .png preferably with no compression and it should be ready to print.

When you print at home or online/CVS/Walgreens etc, be sure to print in original size, no scaling, edge to edge (borderless). It will print with a white boarder around the card and you just need to cut it out.
Rush 12.pngRush 12.pngRush 13.pngRush 13.pngRush 19.pngRush 19.png

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK here are those three. I uploaded them without scaling, so you should be able to click on them, download and save. I've been meaning to make a video showing how to do this, but I have to set up my new PC for recording still. Here it is in a nutshell using a freeware program called GIMP. Download and install GIMP; I think there is even a version for mac these days. It has a lot of the same functions as photoshop, but at a much better price!
Basically you open the file and "scale image" to the proper size. In this case 3 x 5.5 inches for a Stern card. I usually go a little smaller say 2.9 x 5.4 inches and make it 300dpi in the same menu. Then go into "canvas size", set the canvas size to 4 x 6 inches, click "center", fill with white and hit resize. At this point you export as a .jpg or .png preferably with no compression and it should be ready to print.
When you print at home or online/CVS/Walgreens etc, be sure to print in original size, no scaling, edge to edge (borderless). It will print with a white boarder around the card and you just need to cut it out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for this info.

#514 2 years ago

A friend received his games, and was unhappy with the indictor bulbs.
He reached out, and I have a small amount of Fluted Color left.

I did a Quick Gold Paint job, which can be lots better, and feel it made a nice improvement.

What do you think? I have a few bags left, i could make a few sets up.

IMG_5118 (resized).jpgIMG_5118 (resized).jpgIMG_5146 (resized).jpgIMG_5146 (resized).jpg20220302_135601 (resized).jpg20220302_135601 (resized).jpgIMG_5119 (resized).jpgIMG_5119 (resized).jpgIMG_5142 (resized).jpgIMG_5142 (resized).jpgIMG_5143 (resized).jpgIMG_5143 (resized).jpg
#515 2 years ago

nice!

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Thank you, I appreciate it! I will try and get these printed somewhere on cards.

#517 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Thank you, I appreciate it! I will try and get these printed somewhere on cards.

Take it to Walmart. Print photo.

#518 2 years ago

For those of you looking for clear slingshot protectors, you may want to check these out: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/05938-stern-rush-protectors

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A friend received his games, and was unhappy with the indictor bulbs.
He reached out, and I have a small amount of Fluted Color left.
I did a Quick Gold Paint job, which can be lots better, and feel it made a nice improvement.
What do you think? I have a few bags left, i could make a few sets up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Put me in for a set Art....

#520 2 years ago

So, I have received a couple of requests. I have ONLY 2 SETS LEFT!!!!! (8:06 3/8)

These are NEW bulbs, from Comet Stock of mine.

Thats 3 Green, 2 Red, and 1 Orange.

Yiu will need to Paint them Gold/Antique Gold.

With Shipping they would run $14.95/set and $20.95 for 2 sets.

PM me, for Friends and Family Paypal, and I'll get them out.
I dont expect them to last more than a couple days.

Thanks.

Art

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So, I have received a couple of requests. I have enough to do ONLY 10 (Now 9) sets.
These are NEW bulbs, from Comet Stock of mine.
Thats 3 Green, 2 Red, and 1 Orange.
Yiu will need to Paint them Gold/Antique Gold.
With Shipping they would run $14.95/set and $20.95 for 2 sets.
PM me, for Friends and Family Paypal, and I'll get them out.
I dont expect them to last more than a couple days.
Thanks.
Art

PM sent

#522 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Is anyone doing Rush apron cards yet?
My pro has an ugly red IC card on the right, needs to go.[quoted image]

Had Mr_Tantrum make these for me. My favourite album so wanted it represented somewhere. Was able to match the border nicely.

F17ADE95-6F30-47B1-89B4-99A8425544F6 (resized).pngF17ADE95-6F30-47B1-89B4-99A8425544F6 (resized).png
#524 2 years ago

2 Sets Left....Help me make only one trip to the post office....Ive become lazy.

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

2 Sets Left....Help me make only one trip to the post office....Ive become lazy.

I'll take both sets, Art. My friend and I could use them. PM me and let me know how to pay you.

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll take both sets, Art. My friend and I could use them. PM me and let me know how to pay you.

I told Art that I'd take them...but I already have 2 sets on order. I'll step aside and let you have them.

#527 2 years ago

Thanks guys! .....and they are gone!

#528 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I told Art that I'd take them...but I already have 2 sets on order. I'll step aside and let you have them.

Thanks, buddy. I plan to flip them for $500 next week.

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks, buddy. I plan to flip them for $500 next week.

I've changed my mind....wow, you really are a boob....LOL

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Had Mr_Tantrum make these for me. My favourite album so wanted it represented somewhere. Was able to match the border nicely.
[quoted image]

Beautiful. I would love to get one, possibe to order?

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks guys! .....and they are gone!

Oh crap I missed out

#531 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image]

Beautiful. I would love to get one.

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I use ball baron's pinballs as my go-to. I have not used the polaris carbon-steel version, but their ninja pinballs have a fantastic finish on them and wonder great in games without magnets.

The time machine on the Rush pins is magnetic is it not? i.e. the Chrome balls wouldn't be the best option?

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinewarlord:

The time machine on the Rush pins is magnetic is it not? i.e. the Chrome balls wouldn't be the best option?

correct, you would want to use their polaris carbon-steel balls with rush.

#534 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Beautiful. I would love to get one, possibe to order?

Oh crap I missed out

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/faceted-bulbs?variant=12386999762988

These might work equally as well?

#535 2 years ago

I'm looking for apron card but thank you!

#536 2 years ago

Card printed up for my Pro…

D8EDB70E-B757-4D45-89C1-1CC7D049AF01 (resized).jpegD8EDB70E-B757-4D45-89C1-1CC7D049AF01 (resized).jpeg

#537 2 years ago

Next wave ships Thursday...

20220310_005514 (resized).jpg20220310_005514 (resized).jpg
#538 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]

Exciting !!! Can't wait!

#539 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]

Thanks I love it ca t wait until I install it.

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Well done. Will get something done when back from vacation.

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I just saw this posted on GZ thread.

THIS is what I want for the IC

Anyone know what, where and how??

It looks like a colour printed on regular printer paper and cut to size… Regardless, looks great

3ED3A35E-6734-4980-8CFA-E6FAF3FF5031 (resized).png3ED3A35E-6734-4980-8CFA-E6FAF3FF5031 (resized).png

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicman:

I'll not be enabling the Insider Connected function on my game.

I assume you have to do this in order to update code wirelessly? That is the only thing that seems somewhat nice. Otherwise, I guess I could simply do the USB card thing.

#543 2 years ago

Not sure if I like the music notes, they are copper colored tho and match well. Covered up the dumb insider light as well.

20220310_173515 (resized).jpg20220310_173515 (resized).jpg20220310_173544 (resized).jpg20220310_173544 (resized).jpg20220310_170628 (resized).jpg20220310_170628 (resized).jpg
#544 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not sure if I like the music notes, they are copper colored tho and match well. Covered up the dumb insider light as well.

Quoted from Apollo18:

It looks like a colour printed on regular printer paper and cut to size… Regardless, looks great
[quoted image]

These things are very cool.

I'm conflicted though as I'm liking the IC also.

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

[quoted image]

I printed on photo paper, light would not come thru. Tried translucent, too much light and looked weird. So just plain old copy paper, with a blue plastic behind it. Not perfect, but an idea someone with more talent can Maybe build from and I'll buy a great piece from them.

#546 2 years ago

PinMonk Hope you're enjoying your LE, man. Have you ran the flipper temps on this one yet? I'm just curious what you may have found.

#547 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

PinMonk Hope you're enjoying your LE, man. Have you ran the flipper temps on this one yet? I'm just curious what you may have found.

First things first, had to replace the power supply fan and check the fit of the owl eye light bleed blocker. That's done, so I installed the bracket that holds the temp displays tonight and will probably temp test Fri or Sat. Just based on playing it, I expect it to be in the Mild to Moderate category, but we'll see.

EDIT: Okay. Sneaked over there and hooked up the probes and displays and played a short game. With just a 10 minute game, it was clear the lower right flipper gets hotter faster (with my play style, at least), but it's a slow build like TMNT, at least in the early going. Upper right and lower left are about the same temps, maybe 5-7 degrees behind the lower right consistently. I won't have time to do a full 2 hour test until tomorrow night or Saturday.

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Card printed up for my Pro…
[quoted image]

Looks great

#549 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

First things first, had to replace the power supply fan and check the fit of the owl eye light bleed blocker. That's done, so I installed the bracket that holds the temp displays tonight and will probably temp test Fri or Sat. Just based on playing it, I expect it to be in the Mild to Moderate category, but we'll see.
EDIT: Okay. Sneaked over there and hooked up the probes and displays and played a short game. With just a 10 minute game, it was clear the lower right flipper gets hotter faster (with my play style, at least), but it's a slow build like TMNT, at least in the early going. Upper right and lower left are about the same. I won't have time to do a full 2 hour test until tomorrow night or Saturday.

You're the man. I look forward to hearing what you've discovered!

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I plan on making some...1/16 polycarbonate. Totally unbreakable.

I would like red or orange.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 1,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.