(Topic ID: 307587)

RUSH - Mods and Toys; what are you hoping for, and/or who's making an offering?

By Rodent

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,385 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg
TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg
20230811_102954 (resized).jpg
Rush-Pinball-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Stern-Pinball-Rush-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Rush-Pinball-Owl-Shooter-Rod.jpg
TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
TopperCleanup (resized).jpg
IMG_1839D (resized).JPG
IMG_1862D (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859D (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA874350-BCBF-471C-AEAE-8415DD964D00 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 28.
#451 2 years ago

I see the Klipsch 12" Sub is at a heavy discount on Amazon. Will take a month to get it, but it's much cheaper than the other prices I've seen. Just in case anyone was interested, I happened to come across it today:

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R-12SW-Subwoofer/dp/B00MJ1YR8Y

#452 2 years ago

This is probably a long shot since this is so new, but has anyone monitored the temperature of the flippers for this pin on location or at home? Just curious how it holds up since Stern's flipper temps seem to vary so dramatically on titles. Star Wars? Not a problem. Stranger Things? Very hot.

Maybe PinMonk has tested it already? Maybe?

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I see the Klipsch 12" Sub is at a heavy discount on Amazon. Will take a month to get it, but it's much cheaper than the other prices I've seen. Just in case anyone was interested, I happened to come across it today:
amazon.com link »

Dammit! My 10" scheduled to arrive today! lol

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

This is probably a long shot since this is so new, but has anyone monitored the temperature of the flippers for this pin on location or at home? Just curious how it holds up since Stern's flipper temps seem to vary so dramatically on titles. Star Wars? Not a problem. Stranger Things? Very hot.
Maybe PinMonk has tested it already? Maybe?

My LE will be here this week, and temp testing is the first order of business. From the ones already out, it seems to be a moderate heat title somewhere between Star Wars and Stranger Things, and you have to play it a while to feel fade. I should have some preliminary temps by early next week.

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My LE will be here this week, and temp testing is the first order of business. From the ones already out, it seems to be a moderate heat title somewhere between Star Wars and Stranger Things, and you have to play it a while to feel fade. I should have some preliminary temps by early next week.

Right on, man. Thank you for that. I look forward to it.

Grats on your LE! Mine should've been here on Friday, but will be here tomorrow!

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

For now I’ve added Comet color lens LEDS[quoted image]

Anyone that has the game. Are the Time machine red green yellow light colors used in the lcd or callouts? Could you go all blue leds and it would no affect anything?

#457 2 years ago

the new (thinner) magnet strip is supposed to ship out today. if so, I should have it this weekend and will open up orders for the concert ticket mod.

initially, I'm only going to offer that one style of ticket. however, the customization options are potentially limitless. you can basically modify anything on the face of the ticket and I will change the content to meet your request.

- color of the ticket (so far, I've got templates for blue, gold and purple created)
- bookend images (none or any of the 8 that I've shown above, see here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/9#post-6800946)
- content (date, venue, section, row, seat, price of ticket, etc...)

NOTE: I have 2 lines available for the venue, so technically I can move down the line for the word RUSH for those concert events that were something like:
BRASS RING & CTC
presents
an evening with
RUSH
joe lewis arena

(sorry, can't display centered text in messages)

I can print about 5-6 labels on a single sheet so I will probably be producing the magnets in batches of that size (to help cut down on waste).

a digital image will be emailed for confirmation to make sure that what's on your ticket is what you want before I create it

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone that has the game. Are the Time machine red green yellow light colors used in the lcd or callouts? Could you go all blue leds and it would no affect anything?

Green means collect Jackpot .I think the other 2 indicate either a mode or MB is ready to start .

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Green means collect Jackpot .I think the other 2 indicate either a mode or MB is ready to start .

Ok but the lcd does not flash green light or refer to the color green. So i changed it to blue then nothing would be broken. Correct?

Thanks

#460 2 years ago

I sent this album design to John as an alternate to the ticket

1B2DF1A8-7484-4F14-967C-BEC1591FB1BB (resized).jpeg1B2DF1A8-7484-4F14-967C-BEC1591FB1BB (resized).jpeg
#461 2 years ago

you left off vapor trails, feedback, snakes & arrows, and clockwork angels. so, something like this?

album strip (resized).jpgalbum strip (resized).jpg

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you left off vapor trails, feedback, snakes & arrows, and clockwork angels. so, something like this?
[quoted image]

Yup, I am aware, agreed it could be longer to include all albums. The way the proportions worked out to cover the QR label is how this one was designed

#463 2 years ago

I’m really hopeful that the Stern topper is the snowy owl. Any thoughts on what it might be, or what you’d like to see?

#465 2 years ago

Quick question are all leg bolts the same on all machines? Seeing what I need to bring to set up my dad's machine tomorrow

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m really hopeful that the Stern topper is the snowy owl. Any thoughts on what it might be, or what you’d like to see?

Mechanical time machine with spinning wheels and edison lights would be great.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#467 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Quick question are all leg bolts the same on all machines? Seeing what I need to bring to set up my dad's machine tomorrow

For all modern Sterns, yes, 5/8”

#468 2 years ago

how about a ge filter machine?

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can’t believe Rush had fans in Alabama back in 1979

I bought the first Rush album from a record store in Huntsville AL the first week it came out in 1974. All my friends were also Rush fans

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from kmad:

I bought the first Rush album from a record store in Huntsville AL the first week it came out in 1974. All my friends were also Rush fans

But the real true test, do you still have that album from 1974

#471 2 years ago

Lots of cool mods for RUSH. www.modfatherpinball.com shop by game. Shooters, PinCups and other various mods... Chuck

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m a fan of 40 yrs plus but, I think that may be too old school.
I think a spinning drum kit somehow needs to be utilized on this machine.
The big red fire breathing dragon is more current towards the theme.

Although older, you cannot go wrong with a big lighted red star man on black.
Like they used in concert
I just hope they put thought into it and don’t just duplicate the back glass !

#473 2 years ago

I believe the topper is done. I heard Borg say it in an early interview and he said it was epic. So hopefully soon we find out what Stern offers up and that we are lucky enough to get our hands on one. I have faith in my dealer!!

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

But the real true test, do you still have that album from 1974

Yes I do. I kept a couple hundred of my best albums. I have all the Rush albums in either vinyl or CDs.

#475 2 years ago

Curious. My dad is not very tech savvy but I'm trying to figure out a cool way to have a printed version of his QR code to have hanging off the keys in the front for him to use. Toying around with the idea of like a laminated backstage pass that is a copy of one of Rush from the years with his QR code on the pass. Anyone thinking of making anything like this? Been tempted to just get a pass off eBay and laminating it with his QR on the other side. But if someone is making something like that I'd deff buy it haha

il_570xN.2866206715_623j (resized).jpgil_570xN.2866206715_623j (resized).jpg
#476 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Curious. My dad is not very tech savvy but I'm trying to figure out a cool way to have a printed version of his QR code to have hanging off the keys in the front for him to use. Toying around with the idea of like a laminated backstage pass that is a copy of one of Rush from the years with his QR code on the pass. Anyone thinking of making anything like this? Been tempted to just get a pass off eBay and laminating it with his QR on the other side. But if someone is making something like that I'd deff buy it haha
[quoted image]

Hahaha I’m going through the same thing.
My father is 77 loves pinball but still has a flip phone. I was just going to make something on a sheet of paper. I like your idea though.
I had kiss and Metallica funny my father’s favorite machine was Metallica.
I have a feeling he’s not going to like rush because of the music. Yet that’s all I listened to growing up. We’ll see.
Good luck

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Hahaha I’m going through the same thing.
My father is 77 loves pinball but still has a flip phone. I was just going to make something on a sheet of paper. I like your idea though.
I had kiss and Metallica funny my father’s favorite machine was Metallica.
I have a feeling he’s not going to like rush because of the music. Yet that’s all I listened to growing up. We’ll see.
Good luck

Ended up opening Photoshop for the first time in like 15 years and did this up quick for him gonna double side it and laminate like a backstage pass lanyard

Screenshot_20220303-020145~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220303-020145~2 (resized).png
#478 2 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Lots of cool mods for RUSH. www.modfatherpinball.com shop by game. Shooters, PinCups and other various mods... Chuck

Do you ship to Canada?

Also - any photos of where the drumkits go in the playfield? THX!

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Ended up opening Photoshop for the first time in like 15 years and did this up quick for him gonna double side it and laminate like a backstage pass lanyard [quoted image]

That's a great idea, opening up the webpage every time I want to play is a PITA.

I tried saving it to my pictures and as my phone background, still a PITA.

Does anyone know how to create an iPhone wallet item with my barcode? That would be the best way, but there is no app to link it too like my other wallet items..

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Do you ship to Canada?
Also - any photos of where the drumkits go in the playfield? THX!

Just use Shippsy if they don't ship to Canada:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-to-canada-try-shippsy-located-in-ontario-bc

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Ended up opening Photoshop for the first time in like 15 years and did this up quick for him gonna double side it and laminate like a backstage pass lanyard [quoted image]

Love it!
If you weren’t so far I’d ask you to send me one. Great job

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Love it!
If you weren’t so far I’d ask you to send me one. Great job

If you shoot me your qr code I can send you a email with the file to print your own

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#483 2 years ago

So I am new here. Very new. Very VERY new. I just bought my first pin; A Rush LE and I am eager to mod it. I have several items on order from this forum (thank you to all the creators!) but have a couple of questions.

1: I am interested in upgrading the woofer and/or speakers in my cabinet. It looks like pinballpro just has some direct plug & play replacements, is this accurate? If I wanted to go with something a little more "boomy" such as they are doing here:

what would you all recommend? And if I did something a little more "boomy" is the Pinwoofer KO system required to amplify it?

2: I see that there is a magnet ticket mod being offered which I have ordered. I didnt realize you could get the ticket customized -- how do you do this?

If there is an RTFM for all of this please point me there. Like I said I am very very new and completely ignorant with all things pinball mod.

Thanks so much!

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinewarlord:

So I am new here. Very new. Very VERY new. I just bought my first pin; A Rush LE and I am eager to mod it. I have several items on order from this forum (thank you to all the creators!) but have a couple of questions.
1: I am interested in upgrading the woofer and/or speakers in my cabinet. It looks like pinballpro just has some direct plug & play replacements, is this accurate? If I wanted to go with something a little more "boomy" such as they are doing here: what would you all recommend? And if I did something a little more "boomy" is the Pinwoofer KO system required to amplify it?
2: I see that there is a magnet ticket mod being offered which I have ordered. I didnt realize you could get the ticket customized -- how do you do this?
If there is an RTFM for all of this please point me there. Like I said I am very very new and completely ignorant with all things pinball mod.
Thanks so much!

There are many products out there and lots of ways to approach this. I'm not suggesting that my approach is the best one or right one, but I'll share with you what I decided to do. I think the backbox and cabinet speakers along with the amp are quite nice in the LE of this game, but I wanted to add a headphone jack and enrich the bass. So, I bought a Pinnovations PinPAC 4 MAC Spike/Spike2 Headphone Kit, and a Polk PSW10 subwoofer. The PinPAC interface integrates nicely into the game and looks factory (IMO) replacing the blank where an operator would install a bill validator in the coin door. It gives you a headphone jack with volume control independent of the speaker volume, a rocker switch to mute the game's speakers if you choose to, and a separate external volume control for the games speakers all in one external interface, and without having to change any settings in the menus or even open the coin door. It also has a subwoofer output. I added a 10' 3.5mm M-M cable (an option when ordering). The Polk sub is a popular choice among pinheads to add a bit more low end at a reasonable price. By using an external sub as opposed to beefing up the down-firing cabinet speaker, you will get more control over your low end and eliminate the vibrations of playfield glass and other items on your game inherent in upgrading your cabinet speaker. Total cost was about $260 and it sounds great. Install was pretty easy and looks very clean.

20220304_211144 (resized).jpg20220304_211144 (resized).jpg20220304_211205 (resized).jpg20220304_211205 (resized).jpg20220304_211301 (resized).jpg20220304_211301 (resized).jpg20220304_211353 (resized).jpg20220304_211353 (resized).jpg
#485 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinewarlord:

1: I am interested in upgrading the woofer and/or speakers in my cabinet. It looks like pinballpro just has some direct plug & play replacements, is this accurate? If I wanted to go with something a little more "boomy" such as they are doing here: what would you all recommend? And if I did something a little more "boomy" is the Pinwoofer KO system required to amplify it?
Thanks so much!

Buy the pinwoofer ko kit, includes amp, backbox speakers and cab speaker. Simple hookup, worth every penny. You'll not regret it

#486 2 years ago

I just Installed a Pinwoofer KO kit on my Rush LE and it sounds great! I have used Pinwoofer in several pins and they are easy to install and really enhance the sound of your pin. Dan is great to work with, ships everything quickly and is always available for any questions.

#487 2 years ago
Quoted from Raptor66:

I just Installed a Pinwoofer KO kit on my Rush LE and it sounds great! I have used Pinwoofer in several pins and they are easy to install and really enhance the sound of your pin. Dan is great to work with, ships everything quickly and is always available for any questions.

No kidding. I emailed him a question last Sunday afternoon and he called me five minutes later. Ridiculously good support...

#488 2 years ago

Installed my Rush Caps from Diddy’s on my newly delivered LE. They really look great with all the gold foil artwork on the machine. Another solid mod by Tom D. Take a look.

0DE39D4E-C7F4-4CF3-AA64-9F1C4E75C2C0 (resized).jpeg0DE39D4E-C7F4-4CF3-AA64-9F1C4E75C2C0 (resized).jpeg8539A9DA-02B4-400C-A6A2-0726884BDF78 (resized).jpeg8539A9DA-02B4-400C-A6A2-0726884BDF78 (resized).jpeg
#489 2 years ago

since I've been asked about creating the ticket covers up for other artists and machines (aerosmith, iron maiden, led zeppelin and rush), I've created a new thread to keep from congesting this one any further

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-backbox-concert-ticket-cover-up#post-6814344

#490 2 years ago

Got my Rush Signals mod - Dalmatian / Hydrant Flasher Dome Yesterday Looks Fantastic cant wait to install

Thanks Rocket City Pinball

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
#491 2 years ago

Is someone making plastic protectors yet for Rush? MUCH prefer clear.

#492 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Is someone making plastic protectors yet for Rush? MUCH prefer clear.

I plan on making some...1/16 polycarbonate. Totally unbreakable.

#493 2 years ago

Is anyone doing Rush apron cards yet?

My pro has an ugly red IC card on the right, needs to go.

Rush-Pro-Details-Strobe-001-adga-scaled (resized).jpgRush-Pro-Details-Strobe-001-adga-scaled (resized).jpg
#494 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Not sure but Wizardmod.com has some Rush magnetic apron covers for sale... one for each model. They look great and cover all the bad looking stuff.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#495 2 years ago

I’m covering any and all ICs

Not interested.
For the Pro I’d go full WizApron covering the IC

I’m going to order the Premium Apron myself to cover the IC. was on the fence about it until this week. Now I know for certain. Don’t want it.
Couldnt care less about the “achievements”

I’ll do the “achievements” by playing the game and practicing shots/combos. Don’t need the $200 IC to give me a badge for the “achievements” and declare to the IC world that I’ve done them.
Just no value to ME. To each their own.
Just my 2 cents on the IC subject.

Quoted from kool1:

My pro has an ugly red IC card on the right, needs to go.[quoted image]

6E937DE4-A889-4B5D-B575-291ADE2084AA (resized).jpeg6E937DE4-A889-4B5D-B575-291ADE2084AA (resized).jpeg

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I’m covering any and all ICs
Not interested.
For the Pro I’d go full WizApron covering the IC
I’m going to order the Premium Apron myself to cover the IC. was on the fence about it until this week. Now I know for certain. Don’t want it.
Couldnt care less about the “achievements”

[quoted image]

I didn’t think IC would matter to me either but I find it actually pretty cool. It reminds me of the things I’ve not achieved which gives me goals to work on.

Is it worth $200 - no. But it does add something to the experience.

#497 2 years ago

There is no replacement card in the goodie bag?

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Is it worth $200 - no.

If they ever integrate it with MatchPlay, it’ll be amazing. Think about a tournament where you just scan and play, no score entry required. I think the possibilities are great for just $200.

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

There is no replacement card in the goodie bag?

Not much of a ‘goodie bag’ in my Rush LE. Unless you consider a large plastic bag with a 1” QR code sticker in it. No plastic, key fob or anything. Someone must have taken the day off haha

#500 2 years ago

Opens it up to cheating. No?
How do u know if someone lifts the glass or not?

Quoted from swampfire:

If they ever integrate it with MatchPlay, it’ll be amazing. Think about a tournament where you just scan and play, no score entry required. I think the possibilities are great for just $200.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/page/10?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.