Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DNO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rush lexan (resized).jpg
    B3851A7B-B9BB-4430-AD2D-EEA7775759CA (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

Been playing my new LE and loving it. There are some issues though that bug me.
    Inner loop roll over switch is not registering unless the shot is slow. I replaced the switch thanks to Ed at Stern. I think it might be a software issue. A fast shot from the flipper does not always register and a rattled or slower shot does.

Anyone else seeing this?

Tom

#2 2 years ago

Following this. In full disclosure, there’s often so much going on I can’t even tell if the switch is supposed_ to be registering. How did the folk experiencing this even know? Was the 1-2-3 combos the most easily detectable litmus test?

#3 2 years ago

Yes this happens frequently, there are posts in one of the rush threads about it. Someone is selling magnetic reed switches to fix it.

I have also had balls get stuck on that switch.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Yes this happens frequently, there are posts in one of the rush threads about it. Someone is selling magnetic reed switches to fix it.
    I have also had balls get stuck on that switch.

that'd be us!

Matt
    M&M Creations
    "We Don't Touch Your Balls..."

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sonic:

that'd be us!
    Matt
    M&M Creations
    "We Don't Touch Your Balls..."

Buy with confidence.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from TomW:

Been playing my new LE and loving it. There are some issues though that bug me.
    Inner loop roll over switch is not registering unless the shot is slow. I replaced the switch thanks to Ed at Stern. I think it might be a software issue. A fast shot from the flipper does not always register and a rattled or slower shot does.
    Anyone else seeing this?
    Tom

Noticed this on several Location games. Fast shots registered only about half the time.

#7 2 years ago

Sounds like the exact same issue as the Rogue switch for Xmen. MRS for the win.

2 weeks later
    #8 2 years ago

Why not just move the switch to the top of the loop to remove the ball trap and mount from above?

Tom

#9 2 years ago

Because adding an MRS is easier.

#10 2 years ago

Agreed! super easy to install and has worked perfectly ever since! Thank you for this product!

B3851A7B-B9BB-4430-AD2D-EEA7775759CA (resized).jpegB3851A7B-B9BB-4430-AD2D-EEA7775759CA (resized).jpeg
    #11 2 years ago

I made a lexan cover to keep the ball down. Works great. Doesn't solve the ball trap issue though.

Tom

rush lexan (resized).jpgrush lexan (resized).jpg
    3 months later
    #12 1 year ago

Hey guys. Here’s what I did. Now it registers 9 out of 10 times. The upper flipper power setting is set at 192. Bring it down to 165. Still plenty of power to make it up both the center and left side ramps but keeps the ball down more for the inner loop

#13 1 year ago

The Magnetic Reed Switch resolves this perfectly. It's an easy fix.

M&M creations are a GREAT company to do business with.

Highly recommended.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRetail:

The Magnetic Reed Switch resolves this perfectly.

Not for mine. The ball whips around the bend and climbs the ball guide, getting up from the playfield. This isn’t really solved by the MRS, I installed one and it still missed fast loop shots.
    I found the Velcro to slow down the ball is enough to get the ball back on the playfield, and trip either switch type 100%.
    The MRS is great for not having the ball stick on the actuator wire though.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-le-inner-loop-not-registering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.