Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Kez11
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231204_211532 (resized).jpg
    3D5D457E-15A0-4792-816B-D1EE51601FFF (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5070 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5069 (resized).jpeg
    20220420_204333 (resized).jpg
    C46418AB-8942-437F-BBF7-79C5F1440F4F.jpeg
    C21EE044-0474-4F49-9D86-0F4F98AE5BCF.jpeg
    6DA29192-000F-437F-89B6-03EEA98DA421 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RUSH scoop debacle (resized).jpg
    White duck tape (resized).jpeg
    Plastic cliffy (resized).jpg
    C16A3E96-DE18-4067-92E0-0967DC20BDB5 (resized).jpeg
    D7486A33-36B4-42C2-91CD-2F83A4904873 (resized).jpeg
    D441862E-A5FF-4BB3-8167-64EEEA08CE40 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fordiesel69:

I ended up removing the factory cliffy (or whatever sterns official name is for it) and re-straightened it in a vise. I got it 100% perfect and straight minus some gouges that the vise left in it. When I re-installed it, I saw the wood around the scoop looks to be a 30 or 45 degree angle. But they are covering it with a piece of metal that is 90 degrees. This will just continue to bend over and over again. I am following sterns explicit instructions not to remove them and leave them off completely as I am fearful that the wood will get damaged or chipped. Stern is working with me in the short term so I am complying to not take them off. I will just get good at removing them and straightening. And will have a spare ready to go on as they can only be bent / straightened a few times before they crack.
    I am very interested in seeing what the final solution will be. I am actually hoping they send a metal template and have you router down the playfield so a cliffy can set down into a perfect groove and then wrap around to the bottom of the playfield. My mando LE scoop (foundry) is perfect and shows zero wear.

You removed it but you didn't take it off. Got it

Thanks for sharing the info. I'm surprised this didn't come up with Stern's play testing at all???

4 weeks later
    #72 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Not a fan of Stern's V3 scoop fix. #1 it is fugly! #2 it blocks the scoop shot and makes the shot super tight. The upper cliffy is still going to get slaaaaaamed! If only Stern would have used Mantis protectors from day one? Wonder how many replacement pf's are being sent out for this faux pau. If I had a RUSH with a mangled pf I would not be a happy camper.
    -Also the guys in the RUSH thread-please stop stating that mylar is a good fix and works well-total band-aid solution and has me shaking my head.
    [quoted image]

Is that seriously what they are installing at the factory now?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-aftermarket-metal-scoop-protectors-?tu=snakesnsparklers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.