Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Kez11
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231204_211532 (resized).jpg
    3D5D457E-15A0-4792-816B-D1EE51601FFF (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5070 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5069 (resized).jpeg
    20220420_204333 (resized).jpg
    C46418AB-8942-437F-BBF7-79C5F1440F4F.jpeg
    C21EE044-0474-4F49-9D86-0F4F98AE5BCF.jpeg
    6DA29192-000F-437F-89B6-03EEA98DA421 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RUSH scoop debacle (resized).jpg
    White duck tape (resized).jpeg
    Plastic cliffy (resized).jpg
    C16A3E96-DE18-4067-92E0-0967DC20BDB5 (resized).jpeg
    D7486A33-36B4-42C2-91CD-2F83A4904873 (resized).jpeg
    D441862E-A5FF-4BB3-8167-64EEEA08CE40 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

same size scoop as Metallica, that's Mantis'

Thank you for posting this-I now have some hope. I was worried the scoop would be too narrow to accommodate a Mantis. Looks like it fits perfect and will work well. Not sure I would use a Cliffy with Mantis? Mantis is designed to not need a Cliffy and I would go Mantis before Cliffy. The beveled edge will never get damaged with the proper leveled Mantis and I still think a thin proper hardened Cliffy will still be susceptible to some damage because of the location of scoop getting hammered by upper, etc.

Now need to make a sketch of center pf band member cartoon art-so a replacement sticker can be made. Also would want to get the QR reader off apron-wish Stern would move to coin door-such an eye-sore it hurts my eyes.

#70 2 years ago

Looks like the metal plate will need to be removed and drilled for holes(or drilled carefully in place) to attach the Mantis. Could probably get away with using a small self tapping tek screw of some kind but removing the plate and drilling holes with metal drill bit and then using small wood screw would be ideal.

Mantis to the Rescue!

RUSH plate (resized).jpgRUSH plate (resized).jpg

#71 2 years ago

Not a fan of Stern's V3 scoop fix. #1 it is fugly! #2 it blocks the scoop shot and makes the shot super tight. The upper cliffy is still going to get slaaaaaamed! If only Stern would have used Mantis protectors from day one? Wonder how many replacement pf's are being sent out for this faux pau. If I had a RUSH with a mangled pf I would not be a happy camper.

-Also the guys in the RUSH thread-please stop stating that mylar is a good fix and works well-total band-aid solution and has me shaking my head.

Stern scoop fix (resized).pngStern scoop fix (resized).png

#75 2 years ago

Being devils advocate-you should not have to put down mylar to protect your generic cliffy from getting damaged. Plus it looks like ass

The scoop shot is still makeable but adding the side blinders looks cheesy and it does reduce the angle substantially. Would you rather have big blue blinders and mylar over cliffy or just a really simple Mantis that should have been installed since day one? I recommended a Mantis months ago when first released and not sure if they have cotton in their ears or what? I honestly am surprised they did not retro-fit premium run with some kind of Mantis. -Rant over

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

so I'm not sure just a mantis would completely solve this rush scoop issue

I am very confident in a Mantis approach

My scoops with Mantis still look pristine, and with the beveled edge-may be the overall best solution

1 week later
    #118 2 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

he's not happy with how his front scoop protector is holding up.

I like how honest Cliffy is and that he stated the fact on the product's information page. I knew this debacle was not going to be an easy fix. Both scoops get slaaaaamed and Mantis may be our only hope.

Need a Miffy like yesterday, at least I am not hot to trot for RUSH anymore and am looking forward to see what Gomez does with the 007 theme. Hoping they will do extensive beta testing this time around.

-Hey Miffy your so fine you blow my mind-Hey Miffy! Hey Miffy!

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from sudsy7:

a new scoop protector

It does look interesting but it also looks like it does not lay completely flat? Not sure how thin you can get with plastic without breaking? Does the height affect the ball travel at all? How many plays do they think they will hold up for?

Who would have ever thought-a plastic miffy?

Plastic cliffy (resized).jpgPlastic cliffy (resized).jpg

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

mine should be here in a day or two

Nice-give us the review and I really hope they work.

If all else fails there is always Duck Tape-it fixes everything (;

RUSH scoop debacle (resized).jpgRUSH scoop debacle (resized).jpgWhite duck tape (resized).jpegWhite duck tape (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-aftermarket-metal-scoop-protectors-?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.