Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Kez11
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231204_211532 (resized).jpg
    3D5D457E-15A0-4792-816B-D1EE51601FFF (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5070 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5069 (resized).jpeg
    20220420_204333 (resized).jpg
    C46418AB-8942-437F-BBF7-79C5F1440F4F.jpeg
    C21EE044-0474-4F49-9D86-0F4F98AE5BCF.jpeg
    6DA29192-000F-437F-89B6-03EEA98DA421 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RUSH scoop debacle (resized).jpg
    White duck tape (resized).jpeg
    Plastic cliffy (resized).jpg
    C16A3E96-DE18-4067-92E0-0967DC20BDB5 (resized).jpeg
    D7486A33-36B4-42C2-91CD-2F83A4904873 (resized).jpeg
    D441862E-A5FF-4BB3-8167-64EEEA08CE40 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I think its the shape of the hole itself that is the main cause of the deformation. They didn't router the edge nicely, its just a step cut, so the protector has "air" behind it, which makes it weak. I'm not convinced a different protector is going to work much better, but maybe.

I feel like it is a very thin protector, and the front hole is much smaller/narrower than a usual scoop hole. The side scoop doesn't deform as fast. But the ball I think is hitting the protector, then the two side tabs start bending in and stopping the ball. I don't think it is "1" thing but like ^, it is all the things together that are causing this.

#12 2 years ago

Stern is smoking the good stuff if they think route operators are gonna leave the scoop on… home use, maybe? They need to make a few extra playfields for those warranty requests :-p

#55 2 years ago

Stern said they weren't ready to ship out the real protector fix...but on the list...

3 weeks later
    #66 2 years ago

Ya I’m excited to see/use cliffys!

#76 2 years ago

From the past. Mantis from underneath didn't "stop" wear a the wood lip going into scoops..... so I'm not sure just a mantis would completely solve this rush scoop issue.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I am very confident in a Mantis approach
    My scoops with Mantis still look pristine, and with the beveled edge-may be the overall best solution

Are yours home games? It is hard to compare hundreds of plays vs thousands and tens of thousands from route. 10 years ago I always saw people putting both cliffy and mantis on scoops. The mantis would not be level with the pf so when the ball rolls over that wood edge, it would wear. Another issue with rush is the scoop is so close to the flippers, in a highly hit spot because of being in the middle and the balls always rolling into that scoop set...it is going to have to be some serious protectors to help keep it from not having issues in a higher play instance.

Glad you've had good luck with just the one protector. The mantis is good at being hidden and not seen.

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from sudsy7:

My MB scoop with thousands of plays begs to differ!

good! this was all stuff that when I was getting into the hobby 10+ years ago, was a thing... I 've never had a mantis on my games, and my home games barely get played.

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bangback:

If you look at Chicago Gaming's MB remake, the protector for their scoop looks like a hybrid of both.

and mine is getting chewed up with low plays :/

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bangback:

Hopefully someone comes up with a good solution.

I have a cliffy on order... pondered getting a mantis as well. See if one allows shots better. I get some decent rejects.

3 weeks later
    #138 2 years ago

I put the ninja scoop protector on today. It kind of pulled up where the posts tightened down, but otherwise seems very flat. Played the monthly tourney afterward and no one even noticed or said anything. I had a little indent in the wood on the right of the front scoop, not sure this will protect super hard hit balls? but i'm just glad to have something on the wood for a route game.

2 weeks later
    #148 2 years ago

Cliffy is shipping his now! Nice.

3 weeks later
    #154 1 year ago

My stern just showed up.
    Metal protector for each scoop and then the bracket with two black nubs.

Seems so weird they would turn that scoop into a harder to hit however, the right side of the scoop, with "mylar" on it has been dented pretty bad. I may end up going to the stern one while on route and then convert to ninja when the game is brought home.

#165 1 year ago

I have installed the RUSH v2 ninja protector. You can for sure see upgrades they did to the original. Looks nice. I also added the stern U fork w/ rubber nubs to the front scoop to further protect the right side of the front scoop being beat the hell.

Once this game goes home, i'll remove the stern U/fork thing.

IMG_5069 (resized).jpegIMG_5069 (resized).jpegIMG_5070 (resized).jpegIMG_5070 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #169 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Northvibe, "I have installed the RUSH v2 ninja protector. You can for sure see upgrades they did to the original. Looks nice."
    What do you mean the V2 rush ninja protector. What did they change. Since its release im not visually seeing any difference.

I think they posted about it in their thread. Early units ripped between the two scoops. Also since I had had a tiny bit of art/clear coming up, they made another with extended pf side to cover that.

1 year later
    #172 4 months ago
    Quoted from rdleifriaf:

I have one that ripped right in the same place you described. Will they replace?
    [quoted image]

you will need to reach out to ninja camp mods.

#174 4 months ago

Hopefully bringing my Rush home so i can check out the scoops and protectors.... that scoop area...uffff.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-aftermarket-metal-scoop-protectors-?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.