Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Kez11
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231204_211532 (resized).jpg
    3D5D457E-15A0-4792-816B-D1EE51601FFF (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5070 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5069 (resized).jpeg
    20220420_204333 (resized).jpg
    C46418AB-8942-437F-BBF7-79C5F1440F4F.jpeg
    C21EE044-0474-4F49-9D86-0F4F98AE5BCF.jpeg
    6DA29192-000F-437F-89B6-03EEA98DA421 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RUSH scoop debacle (resized).jpg
    White duck tape (resized).jpeg
    Plastic cliffy (resized).jpg
    C16A3E96-DE18-4067-92E0-0967DC20BDB5 (resized).jpeg
    D7486A33-36B4-42C2-91CD-2F83A4904873 (resized).jpeg
    D441862E-A5FF-4BB3-8167-64EEEA08CE40 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fordiesel69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

After 23 games the metal deformed and makes the game 100% un-playable. Gotta wait foe official response from stern tomorrow but I think id be willing to just pay for one and done solution. Otherwise will just need to remove and hope the wood does not get damaged.

Why are they so damn thin? Was there a need for cost cutting here? Id be happy to pay the $.013 cent savings to not spend time bending.

#9 2 years ago

Sterns official response:

"Good morning ________,

Our engineering team is currently working on a fix for this issue. I have added your information to the waiting list. Once our engineering team has a solution, we will reach out to the customers on the list. For the time being, it is recommended, per engineering, to not remove the scoop from the game so that the games warranty will not be affected.
    Thanks,

End of official response."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what are we going to do in the meantime? 100% unplayable.

And to the people that are asking, I think it is the entry that is damaging it, not the ejecting. Im glad stern acknowledges the problem but I sure wish another faulty pair be sent out so I have something to work with. If I remove and start banding and messing with mine and ruin them, the whole game is then useless.

Mando has a "foundry" scoop and it is not deforming at all, so I assume the vendor selected paper thin "springy" stainless steel like what ramps are made out of, so that their machine / press could handle it.

What is disappointing is that they did not catch this during production testing. And this is industry wide in many areas of manufacturing. Why is the end user the one conducting "field testing"?

#15 2 years ago

I ended up removing the factory cliffy (or whatever sterns official name is for it) and re-straightened it in a vise. I got it 100% perfect and straight minus some gouges that the vise left in it. When I re-installed it, I saw the wood around the scoop looks to be a 30 or 45 degree angle. But they are covering it with a piece of metal that is 90 degrees. This will just continue to bend over and over again. I am following sterns explicit instructions not to remove them and leave them off completely as I am fearful that the wood will get damaged or chipped. Stern is working with me in the short term so I am complying to not take them off. I will just get good at removing them and straightening. And will have a spare ready to go on as they can only be bent / straightened a few times before they crack.

I am very interested in seeing what the final solution will be. I am actually hoping they send a metal template and have you router down the playfield so a cliffy can set down into a perfect groove and then wrap around to the bottom of the playfield. My mando LE scoop (foundry) is perfect and shows zero wear.

#31 2 years ago

Trust me.........this is peanuts on the grand scheme of things. Stern has upped their customer service but there is no sense in them rushing out another half baked fix. Imagine owning a JJP pin with a delaminating playfield......

1 week later
    #56 2 years ago

I requested some faulty ones and they complied and sent me 5. Very happy they are not shipping out a half baked fix then to have to start all over. Every 25 games I just swap out the protectors.

What is ironic is the attached photo is from a data east Harley Davidson and this is what would have happened to rush if we ignored their advice and removed the protector.

0225221845b.jpg0225221845b.jpg
    #57 2 years ago

Oh and to clarify the new material is brushed stainless. As the ball whacks into it and you keep working with the metal it starts to take on a polished look. Now call nuts but the new protectors seem to bend quicker and then when you straighten them 2 or 3 times they almost seem to harden up and bend less. Maybe I'm just imagining it.

0227221306.jpg0227221306.jpg
    1 month later
    #139 1 year ago

How is the plastic / rubber ninja working so far?

#141 1 year ago

Thank you for sharing, I have not seen that video. Im curious if everyone is having good luck with the ninja scoop protectors? I am so desperate for just something that works. Stern is not ready to ship these kits yet.

1 month later
    #168 1 year ago

Northvibe, "I have installed the RUSH v2 ninja protector. You can for sure see upgrades they did to the original. Looks nice."

What do you mean the V2 rush ninja protector. What did they change. Since its release im not visually seeing any difference.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fordiesel69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-aftermarket-metal-scoop-protectors-?tu=Fordiesel69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.