Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Kez11
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231204_211532 (resized).jpg
    3D5D457E-15A0-4792-816B-D1EE51601FFF (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5070 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5069 (resized).jpeg
    20220420_204333 (resized).jpg
    C46418AB-8942-437F-BBF7-79C5F1440F4F.jpeg
    C21EE044-0474-4F49-9D86-0F4F98AE5BCF.jpeg
    6DA29192-000F-437F-89B6-03EEA98DA421 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RUSH scoop debacle (resized).jpg
    White duck tape (resized).jpeg
    Plastic cliffy (resized).jpg
    C16A3E96-DE18-4067-92E0-0967DC20BDB5 (resized).jpeg
    D7486A33-36B4-42C2-91CD-2F83A4904873 (resized).jpeg
    D441862E-A5FF-4BB3-8167-64EEEA08CE40 (resized).jpeg
    There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 2 years ago
    Quoted from sepins:

Thanks will go with Ninja. Is there an install video for them?

Yes, you'll get a QR code in your package, AND a link from Ninjacamp via Pinside.

2 weeks later
    #152 1 year ago

ok guys... Cliffy or Ninja? What's the verdict? Anyone have any significant play on either? Have a few NIB LE's I want to outfit and before they get played there getting something! Love Cliffys stuff but I sure like the look of the Ninja...

#153 1 year ago

I've got at least 150 plays on my Ninja, both scoop protector and scoop sleeves, and I love them. Can't imagine still having metal there. And Cliffy wants you to reuse the fork, which I just can't get on board with.

#154 1 year ago

My stern just showed up.
    Metal protector for each scoop and then the bracket with two black nubs.

Seems so weird they would turn that scoop into a harder to hit however, the right side of the scoop, with "mylar" on it has been dented pretty bad. I may end up going to the stern one while on route and then convert to ninja when the game is brought home.

#155 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the Ninja and Mantis are compatible? Mantis for the inside, Ninja for topside?

I just ordered the Mantis, since they've been awesome in the past. Particularly for new games that don't need to cover up wear.

#156 1 year ago

Got them too. Won't be using it on my personal game, Still thinking Ninja over everything, but the Mantis always seems to work well too. I just personally like the trimmed look of a protector that comes over the edge. I did order the Ninja when I saw them but have not installed anything yet. Deciding...

Quoted from northvibe:

My stern just showed up.
    Metal protector for each scoop and then the bracket with two black nubs.
    Seems so weird they would turn that scoop into a harder to hit however, the right side of the scoop, with "mylar" on it has been dented pretty bad. I may end up going to the stern one while on route and then convert to ninja when the game is brought home.

#157 1 year ago
    Quoted from sepins:

Thanks will go with Ninja. Is there an install video for them?

No not bad - step by step slowly is the best way for me. I'm horrible at stuff like this and I did it in about 40 min.

#158 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

Got them too. Won't be using it on my personal game, Still thinking Ninja over everything, but the Mantis always seems to work well too. I just personally like the trimmed look of a protector that comes over the edge. I did order the Ninja when I saw them but have not installed anything yet. Deciding...

Ninja is currently the way to go at this point, in my opinion. Great protection and looks great to boot. Been very happy with mine!

#159 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oiler2112:

Ninja is currently the way to go at this point, in my opinion. Great protection and looks great to boot. Been very happy with mine!

Agreed. The Stern replacement I got in the mail looks terrible IMO. I suspect any metal protector they tried eventually got trashed.

I really hope Stern takes a look at what Ninjacamp has done here.

#160 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oiler2112:

Ninja is currently the way to go at this point, in my opinion!

What is the website name if I want to order one?

#161 1 year ago

Here is a direct link to the protector. Check out the other offerings as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06616-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-full-protection

#162 1 year ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Does anyone know if the Ninja and Mantis are compatible? Mantis for the inside, Ninja for topside?
    I just ordered the Mantis, since they've been awesome in the past. Particularly for new games that don't need to cover up wear.

Looks like several of us Pinsiders are in the same boat on this one. I have the Mantis, Ninja and Stern kits in hand.
    Ideally, I would like to mount the new Stern switch without the protectors, Mantis and Ninja all together. When I make the attempt, I will photograph and document the process.

#163 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Looks like several of us Pinsiders are in the same boat on this one. I have the Mantis, Ninja and Stern kits in hand.
    Ideally, I would like to mount the new Stern switch without the protectors, Mantis and Ninja all together. When I make the attempt, I will photograph and document the process.

I doubt that there will be enough room to push the Mantis into the hole with the Ninja protector already in there. Probably a better option with the Cliffy though.

#164 1 year ago
    Quoted from ian866:

I doubt that there will be enough room to push the Mantis into the hole with the Ninja protector already in there. Probably a better option with the Cliffy though.

If that ends up being the case, I'm going to simply install the Mantis protector and see how it does. Every Mantis protector I've used on new games over the years has performed perfectly. No reason to think otherwise for this scoop...

Quoted from Nevus:

Great, look forward to your post! Much appreciated...

#165 1 year ago

I have installed the RUSH v2 ninja protector. You can for sure see upgrades they did to the original. Looks nice. I also added the stern U fork w/ rubber nubs to the front scoop to further protect the right side of the front scoop being beat the hell.

Once this game goes home, i'll remove the stern U/fork thing.

IMG_5069 (resized).jpegIMG_5069 (resized).jpegIMG_5070 (resized).jpegIMG_5070 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #166 1 year ago

Fixed!

3D5D457E-15A0-4792-816B-D1EE51601FFF (resized).jpeg3D5D457E-15A0-4792-816B-D1EE51601FFF (resized).jpeg
    #167 1 year ago

What are we looking at here? I see a scoop hole that seems to be lathered in adhesive (and a missing bulb).

#168 1 year ago

Northvibe, "I have installed the RUSH v2 ninja protector. You can for sure see upgrades they did to the original. Looks nice."

What do you mean the V2 rush ninja protector. What did they change. Since its release im not visually seeing any difference.

#169 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Northvibe, "I have installed the RUSH v2 ninja protector. You can for sure see upgrades they did to the original. Looks nice."
    What do you mean the V2 rush ninja protector. What did they change. Since its release im not visually seeing any difference.

I think they posted about it in their thread. Early units ripped between the two scoops. Also since I had had a tiny bit of art/clear coming up, they made another with extended pf side to cover that.

#170 1 year ago

Ninja double scoop and ninja vuk protector, so glad I installed them.

My HIgh Score is 480M

Still clueless how to end an album.
    and go to next album. The villa stangiato album super hard to end.
    The spirit of radio is easiest to end.

Some way I collected 4 albums,
    best I did so far..still clueless how it happened ..maybe was during multiball.

1 year later
    #171 4 months ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I think they posted about it in their thread. Early units ripped between the two scoops. Also since I had had a tiny bit of art/clear coming up, they made another with extended pf side to cover that.

I have one that ripped right in the same place you described. Will they replace?

20231204_211532 (resized).jpg20231204_211532 (resized).jpg
    #172 4 months ago
    Quoted from rdleifriaf:

I have one that ripped right in the same place you described. Will they replace?
    [quoted image]

you will need to reach out to ninja camp mods.

#173 4 months ago
    Quoted from rdleifriaf:

[quoted image]

That’s what happened to mine also. I contacted ninja and he sent me another one.

#174 4 months ago

Hopefully bringing my Rush home so i can check out the scoops and protectors.... that scoop area...uffff.

1 week later
    #175 4 months ago
    Quoted from rdleifriaf:

[quoted image]

Quoted from MikeSinMD:

That’s what happened to mine also. I contacted ninja and he sent me another one.

What's the trick to getting them to respond to messages?

#176 4 months ago
    Quoted from rdleifriaf:

What's the trick to getting them to respond to messages?

Post to this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/23#post-7873733

That usually gets a response quicker than Direct Message.

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-aftermarket-metal-scoop-protectors-/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.