(Topic ID: 263715)

Running out of options for my EM collection...

By goldenboy232

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

923F3D51-EC9B-428B-A2C7-315717E3F6C2 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

The garage where I've had my collection the past 4+ years is no longer going to be available to me, probably as soon as the end of April (maybe May if I'm lucky). I am facing probably having to mothball my collection, so to speak, and put them in storage. I hate to do this because it will mean the end of playing and restoring (both of which I love!) these great old games for probably a number of years.

I wanted to post here in case there's something I haven't thought of as a solution. I can't seem to find an affordable storage solution that would also have electricity (which I need for both playing and restoring). No family in the area that have extra space, nor friends that do either.

Just thought maybe someone would have a good idea other than just putting them in storage. I have 9 pins right now (probably 10 by next weekend) and hope to sell four of them over the next 2-3 months (two hopefully at TFP). The other six I'd love to hold on to.

Anyway, posting for ideas and also just because I'm sad about the state of affairs.

Mark

#2 4 years ago

I feel bad for you. That sucks.

Any way you could add on to the garage to make a room big enough to house 10 machines? It wouldn’t have to be anything fancy. -Danny

#3 4 years ago

Any "pinball clubs" in your area ?

#4 4 years ago

I seem to remember a Pinsider who stores EM's against a wall, coin door up, with backboxes on a shelf above. One game is assembled and playable and when he gets tired of it, he breaks it down and switches it out. This takes up way less space, he only needs to keep one set of legs and the unused games create a sort of art installation.

#5 4 years ago

Maybe look into small warehouse spaces in the area.

#6 4 years ago

Some storage facilities have electricity, at least in some of their units. The guy I bought my STTNG from kept his pins he had for sale in a unit and was able to have them fired up and ready to play for anyone looking to buy. The unit was also climate controlled. I'd say it was 10' x 25'

#7 4 years ago

Wifey wants to park the buggy, eh?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

...the unused games create a sort of art installation.

Gonna use that on the wife

(Good idea however)

#9 4 years ago

Six games isn't too much space really. Guessing you already thought about repurposing rooms in your house? We rarely have guests, never use the dining room, and don't need extra bedrooms .. so those have all been turned into fun rooms. Don't see a lot of options besides storing in your house, storing out of your house, or selling them off and buying again down the road.

Maybe you can find trustworthy people locally to loan them to until this passes over. Hey, which games are they again?

#10 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah, the garage that I’ve been using it at my brother’s house, the place I live doesn’t have a garage. He’s getting a divorce and they are selling that house, so I will no longer have access to a garage. Neither he nor his soon to be ex-wife are going to buy houses with garages – they’re both getting apartments.

Our place is too small for my games unfortunately.

#11 4 years ago

Find a bar and route them.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Thanks for the suggestions.
Our place is too small for my games unfortunately.

You must really like where you live.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

You must really like where you live.

I actually do. Quality of life here is fantastic. I just don’t have a garage and none of the spaces in our house lend themselves to having pinball machines in them unfortunately.

#14 4 years ago

If you have space on your lot, why not a pre-built storage shed or shop?

#15 4 years ago

Hey Mark,

I converted our 1 carport space into the Lone Star Arcade as we do not have a garage either which took less than 6 months to build. A shed as someone proposed pre built or not could be a solution in your yard. Even if it was small space where you could set up a couple machines at a time but still have room to restore machines and sell them may be the way to go. I had someone build us a 10 x 16 shed in our yard for $3000.00

Just my 2 cents.

Ken

#16 4 years ago

Do you have a yard? Insulate and install a ptac wall unit.

923F3D51-EC9B-428B-A2C7-315717E3F6C2 (resized).jpeg923F3D51-EC9B-428B-A2C7-315717E3F6C2 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/running-out-of-options-for-my-em-collection?hl=gotemwill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.