6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by huo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider huo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I bought a rundmd from JM sometime ago. I left it on two colors in the beginning and it seemed fine. It started rebooting occasionally and JM mentioned to switch to one or the other color. He also swapped out a power brick maybe of a higher amperage. But no such luck, its now rebooting frequently maybe after a minute or two. Is anyone savvy with these enough to through some troubleshooting steps? Im wondering if it runs a form of linux and maybe the storage got filled up from logs and what not. Just an idea.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Sounds more like a power issue. Power cable to long or bad quality, maybe a bad connection? Its prob resetting due to voltage drop on certain animations which draw a lot if current.

I played around with settings. There's a low-medium-high setting for brightness. Everytime I chose High it would reboot. I changed it to low then hoping it doesn't reboot as often. Perhaps the display and/or power supply were not properly spec'd? Not sure if others have this issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider huo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rundmd-reboots-frequently?tu=huo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.