(Topic ID: 121699)

Run-DMD - The most amazing clock ever released!

By Limpan

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230425_071555~3 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    PacDotsmall (resized).jpg
    LEDarcade2 (resized).jpg
    1b1b1a1de7dba819db232d1e1260bbbf472616d8 (resized).jpg
    52978E50-7D5F-4414-B1A7-D67B2D69D694 (resized).jpeg
    Run dmc (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9420 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0074 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    e112b5fa62c1a1cddb91974b68c7a6bfbcf89887 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3959 (resized).JPG
    PXL_20210925_171305935.MP (resized).jpg
    HUB08 (resized).JPG
    Run-DMD (resized).JPG
    669C1ED9-72C7-47F8-889A-E8731D50942E.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #611 Jan 2016 BOM suggestions from j_m (dated materials) Posted by j_m_ (8 years ago)

Post #760 tips from j_m on setting the display type on his builds Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #779 switch setup for different colors on j_m's builds Posted by gweempose (7 years ago)

Post #821 Release of the Run-DMD Pico Posted by Limpan (7 years ago)

Post #847 Video of Run-DMD Pico assembly Posted by tqln (6 years ago)

Post #902 Link to v3.52 menu explanations Posted by Puffdanny (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mitch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 9 years ago

I got a complete one with pcb, both displays and power cords from the original maker a couple months back thanks to the OP. Then bough the frame from the guy who makes them back when he was doing a group buy. shipping wasnt cheap. For everything with shipping im in 4 to 5 hundred.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from Limpan:

Looking to answer some more questions later tonight, but I had to post something when I saw this.

What do you mean by "original post"? I don't know who posted that, I'm sure it's not Torbjörn who said he did not want it out in the public. Not sure when everything is deletd, but it could be that german ripoff as they call "Go-DMD". I don't think they are ready for taking orders yet though, since they still uses the Run-DMD in their advertisement!

The Op in the last thread got me in contact with Torbjorn directly and i bought mine from him.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from kbliznick:

Ouch
    Without the frame, the driver board ($128) displays ($42) and power supply ($14) adds up to $184 right now.

The run dmd cost me 230 euros shipped and the frame was 90 euros shipped. Around $450 canadian total.

#58 9 years ago

The Shipping for the frame was 35 euro im sure the run dmd shipping was alot more but not sure as it was included in the price.

#59 9 years ago

The frame includes Back piece with holes for heat and the cord plus the pcb mounts to it. then front piece the two dmds mount to. The the front and back mount together plus a top bottom and two side pieces, so 6 pieces of acrylic all cut with specific mounting holes and cutouts. Then for hardware there is 28 screws ( 2 types) And 18 steel spacers (3 different sizes)

#60 9 years ago

Plus it was in canadian and our dollar is shit.
    And i got the 2 color led displays so it can be red, green or combined for a orangeish look.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from wiggy07:

I was lucky to get a frame from someone in Sweden. I had to do a lot of investigating but the person was gracious enough to get me one. Dealing with the people who helped me with the Run DMD were nothing but awesome. Even though they were so far away, we worked together very well. It was quite pricey for everything, but well worth it in my opinion. The frames are hard to come by. I believe they are not being made anymore and the person I worked with had one he was willing to sell me. It is a shame because the frame makes the DMD even better than what it already is. Again great guys who were associated with the Run DMD project.

Exact same story that i went through

4 years later
    #1130 4 years ago

I have a older run dmd, from the very first run.

Where can I get a updated sd card with more images?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mitch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-the-most-amazing-clock-ever-released?tu=mitch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.