(Topic ID: 121699)

Run-DMD - The most amazing clock ever released!

By Limpan

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230425_071555~3 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    PacDotsmall (resized).jpg
    LEDarcade2 (resized).jpg
    1b1b1a1de7dba819db232d1e1260bbbf472616d8 (resized).jpg
    52978E50-7D5F-4414-B1A7-D67B2D69D694 (resized).jpeg
    Run dmc (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9420 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0074 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    e112b5fa62c1a1cddb91974b68c7a6bfbcf89887 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3959 (resized).JPG
    PXL_20210925_171305935.MP (resized).jpg
    HUB08 (resized).JPG
    Run-DMD (resized).JPG
    669C1ED9-72C7-47F8-889A-E8731D50942E.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #611 Jan 2016 BOM suggestions from j_m (dated materials) Posted by j_m_ (8 years ago)

Post #760 tips from j_m on setting the display type on his builds Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #779 switch setup for different colors on j_m's builds Posted by gweempose (7 years ago)

Post #821 Release of the Run-DMD Pico Posted by Limpan (7 years ago)

Post #847 Video of Run-DMD Pico assembly Posted by tqln (6 years ago)

Post #902 Link to v3.52 menu explanations Posted by Puffdanny (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mima.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#787 7 years ago

Hi, just a quick poll to know where (or even if) I am going with this.
    What if this was readily to order as a kit?

RunDMD_v2 (resized).pngRunDMD_v2 (resized).png

Which kit would you prefer and what would you pay for it?
    Or would you in fact not be interested at all?

a) A fully assembled RUN-DMD white HUB75 (approx 70x20x5 cm), without animations. Ready to go.
    b) A complete kit with mounting instructions, but without the Run-DMD White board.
    c) A complete frame-kit with mounting instructions, but without any electronics.
    d) Only the precision laser cut acrylic back and front of the frame.

Cheers
    //mima

#789 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I've been offering these for the past 2+ years now

Cool. Then I know that there should be a market for my design.

#791 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

If you are you asking if a rip-off of someone else's hard work is a viable business opportunity for you?

I have no intention of starting a flame war here. But I can't let your statement stay uncommented.

On the topic of original work, my frame is an original design for the Run-Dmd whitebHub75. As it is my update of my old frame that I made for the original Run-Dmd board (that is now discontinued). The board that I bought directly from Torbjörn late 2014 or early 2015. As I wanted to update my RunDmd I made a new design based on my old frame from back in the days. I was merely checking if there's a interest for that here in Sweden or Europe. I don't see it as a business opportunity, I already have a real job that pays real money. This is a project on the side that I figured might interest some.

It's great that jm provides the community with his frames, I see no point in sending clocks and frames over seas. The shipping and customs duty would be hilarious. I am sorry, but I can't see my original design for the run-dmd white hub75 as neither a threat for some sort of reserved market of jm nore a rip-off of jms work, as it is just a modernisation, adaption and update of my RunDmd original that I had framed in 2014/15.

Cheers
    /mima

1 year later
    #922 5 years ago

I can do frames for "white". PM me.
    Cheers/MiMa

Quoted from Irishbastard:

I believe it was around $240ish:
    - "White" PCB (PayPal added more than I expected, but my credit card wouldn't allow international purchase for some reason), DMD panels from AliExpress, and grabbed the PS on eBay as it was cheaper (with same specs). Going to figure out a wood frame, no frame, or some sort of custom setup (Don't think anyone is selling frames anymore??)

1 week later
    #949 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

I'm about to buy a board and DMD/PSU, but I'm curious to know where I can get a frame.
    This one looks pretty sweet:
    Also, is it better to go with an Edge or White model?
    Cheers

Sweet!
    Here Is a few quick answers:

Acrylic Frame:
    I could set you up with one, but shipping overseas is a killer with fees and so on.
    You could check with j_m_ he is on the same continent as you. That would probably be
    the more economic option for you. Otherwise throw me a PM and I´ll set you up
    with a frame from Sweden.

White v.s Edge:
    It depends on your use case

Edge compatible with
    – HUB08 panels
    – Pinball LED DMDs (Stern or Xpin)

White compatible with
    – HUB75 panels
    – Pinball LED DMD (Stern or Xpin)

This means that depending on what panels you are going to use (unless you use a LED low volt pinball DMD screen)
    you need to buy the right RUN-DMD board. Besides that the HUB08 panels are one color standard amber/orange and the HUB75
    panels are RGB panels, where you on the "White" PCB can set the displays color by switching some dip switches giving you the option
    to run your RUN-DMD in one of seven colors (Red, Green, Blue, Purple, Teal,Pale Green, or White).

If you opt for the "white" you would also need a powersuply that can deliver higher amps (10A) then you would need if you go with the
    "edge".

That is basically it..

Happy Run-DMDing
    /mima

2 years later
    #1375 3 years ago

I just recently made my self a small x-mas gift. 1'x7"

10 months later
    #1447 2 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

I have three used and working Dmds but they’re all the high voltage kind! I didn’t realize. Is there a way to use these with a run dmd? If not, Anyone want a 3 for 1 trade?

No, only the "non-plasma" DMDs will work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mima.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-the-most-amazing-clock-ever-released?tu=mima and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.