(Topic ID: 121699)

Run-DMD - The most amazing clock ever released!

By Limpan

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230425_071555~3 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    PacDotsmall (resized).jpg
    LEDarcade2 (resized).jpg
    1b1b1a1de7dba819db232d1e1260bbbf472616d8 (resized).jpg
    52978E50-7D5F-4414-B1A7-D67B2D69D694 (resized).jpeg
    Run dmc (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9420 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0074 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    e112b5fa62c1a1cddb91974b68c7a6bfbcf89887 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3959 (resized).JPG
    PXL_20210925_171305935.MP (resized).jpg
    HUB08 (resized).JPG
    Run-DMD (resized).JPG
    669C1ED9-72C7-47F8-889A-E8731D50942E.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #611 Jan 2016 BOM suggestions from j_m (dated materials) Posted by j_m_ (8 years ago)

Post #760 tips from j_m on setting the display type on his builds Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #779 switch setup for different colors on j_m's builds Posted by gweempose (7 years ago)

Post #821 Release of the Run-DMD Pico Posted by Limpan (7 years ago)

Post #847 Video of Run-DMD Pico assembly Posted by tqln (6 years ago)

Post #902 Link to v3.52 menu explanations Posted by Puffdanny (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duderegular.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1494 2 years ago

Anyone know of a place with stock to purchase the board for one of these?

#1497 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

As far as I am aware - sales are direct only:
    https://run-dmd.com/

Ok, I will keep checking there. I get an error message when attempting to sign up for the notification when back in stock.

1 week later
    #1509 2 years ago

I received my MK2 board from Linus-- Thanks!
    I also got the acrylic kit from gameroommods. All put together last night and rocking. Will have to mount it at some point. Very cool addition for sure.

2 months later
    #1532 1 year ago
    Quoted from daveyvandy:

I'm very interested to see if you have problems with the SD card that was included with your order, since I ordered 2 two months ago and had problems with both SD cards corrupting themselves 2 days after flashing. If you do, see one of my previous posts about which replacement SD card I bought.

So my clock hasn't really been used all that much. I got around to ordering a longer power cord so I could wall mount it. Left the clock running for a day and ran into issues. The clock will not keep correct time, then the number font is always the same. No animations, it just flashes some lines then back to the same clock. I am going to try a sandisk card in it and see if that works better.

#1533 1 year ago

Mine was up and running for the past few days with no issues. I did not unplug it, do sleep mode, or reboot it at all. Just constant running. The card I used is Sandisk ultra micro SDXC UHS-I.

3 weeks later
    #1534 1 year ago

How does one go about changing/adding animations on these? The software available Run-DMD Control Center v.0.20 appears to allow background images only right now.

#1536 1 year ago
    Quoted from JMWRainwater:

I am not sure if this has been answered elsewhere in the thread, so please excuse my noobery.
    Where is the SD card? I have all but compeltely diassembled it, but I cannot see an SD card slot while doing a surface inspection. I do see a USB drive, do I have to plug in a SD card reader into the USB?
    I purchased this at SFGE from GameRoomMods last week. Thanks!

Maybe they used different boards?

https://run-dmd.com/ has pics that show the card slot.

3 months later
    #1542 1 year ago
    Quoted from tqln:

So happy thr Run-DMD project is still alive, recent component delivery issues from china has halted the production. If anyone (technically exteriensed) would like infromation on the complex animation format om the SD-card, let me know ☺️

I would be interested in potentially updating to add animations. Anything you can share would be appreciated.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duderegular.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-the-most-amazing-clock-ever-released?tu=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.