(Topic ID: 121699)

Run-DMD - The most amazing clock ever released!

By Limpan

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230425_071555~3 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    PacDotsmall (resized).jpg
    LEDarcade2 (resized).jpg
    1b1b1a1de7dba819db232d1e1260bbbf472616d8 (resized).jpg
    52978E50-7D5F-4414-B1A7-D67B2D69D694 (resized).jpeg
    Run dmc (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9420 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0074 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    e112b5fa62c1a1cddb91974b68c7a6bfbcf89887 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3959 (resized).JPG
    PXL_20210925_171305935.MP (resized).jpg
    HUB08 (resized).JPG
    Run-DMD (resized).JPG
    669C1ED9-72C7-47F8-889A-E8731D50942E.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #611 Jan 2016 BOM suggestions from j_m (dated materials) Posted by j_m_ (8 years ago)

Post #760 tips from j_m on setting the display type on his builds Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #779 switch setup for different colors on j_m's builds Posted by gweempose (7 years ago)

Post #821 Release of the Run-DMD Pico Posted by Limpan (7 years ago)

Post #847 Video of Run-DMD Pico assembly Posted by tqln (6 years ago)

Post #902 Link to v3.52 menu explanations Posted by Puffdanny (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crwjumper.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#932 5 years ago

I’ve done a lot of reading- is ther anywhere to get the acrylic panels for the front and back? Most of these posts are pretty old . .

1 month later
    #1004 5 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

I'm not trying to put another option down in any way, and, as I said, mean no offense. I just think this looks very professional, looks like a framed work of art. This metal frame surrounds the anti glare Plexi and DMD sections. Included hardware with frame holds everything in place,only one screw needed to mount PCB. I was just very impressed, and couldn't obtain the other option so I am very happy this option was mentioned. For just around $280 total, I'm very happy with the end result.

I took this suggestion and did this too. An excellent option that looks fantastic!

9 months later
    #1121 4 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

the red, green (avengers - hulk edition) or blue (avatar) LED displays can be used with either the run-dmd, run-dmd edge or run-dmd pinball pc boards.

I have a “Sopranos” and a “Simpsons Pinball Party” DMD and am trying to get the “Pinball” Run-DMD units to work, but can’t get any output on the DMDs. Are you saying that ONLY the Avengers or the Avatar Stern. pinball DMDs will work with the “Pinball” Run-DMD units?

#1123 4 years ago

I don't quite understand your post - should they work? Do I need to power them separately from the Run-DMD device?

6 months later
    #1152 4 years ago

That's just the display from the Alien remake coming out soon . . .

6 months later
    #1255 3 years ago

I’ve found that the mini SD cards (when used in an adapter) tend to be quite flaky in the RUN-DMD clocks. I have started using SanDisk SDHC UHS-1 cards (16 GB) and have had zero problems with these cards.
    5 Pack - SanDisk Ultra 16GB SD SDHC Memory Flash Card UHS-I Class 10 Read Speed up to 48MB/s 320X SDSDUNB-016G-GN3IN Wholesale Lot + (5 Cases) (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IMKEMC6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_NK8UEb60TN3Z7)

2 weeks later
    #1276 3 years ago

I just ordered an Edge yesterday and Linus shipped it right away. Not MIA.

#1278 3 years ago

You don’t order a Run-DMD clock. You order a controller circuit board from run-dmd.com, you acquire a display panel from various sources, including a newer Stern DMD display (red display - not orange) or display panels that are suggested on the run-dmd website and you build or buy a frame to house it all. You will then have a clock. If you want it to display pinball animations, you then have to download a file with those animations and a utility to install the file onto the memory card that the controller board uses. Can be a little intimidating for the uninitiated.
    Or you can buy one already assembled and programmed from the Pinside marketplace if anyone is selling one.

#1280 3 years ago

The orange display will work, technically. But it’s an older “plasma” display and will need a different power supply from the newer displays.

#1282 3 years ago

The finished products come up for sale from time to time but sell out quickly. I’m building one now from a Stern DMD, but it’s already sold.

#1284 3 years ago

Good to know. Thanks!

1 year later
    #1460 2 years ago

This issue can occur if you are using a micro-SD card. If you are, then replace it with a full-size card. Try to get an 8 MB card. You’ll need to copy the data to the replacement card using the same method that you originally used.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crwjumper.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-the-most-amazing-clock-ever-released?tu=crwjumper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.