Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.
Added: 2016-05-11 Re-listed: 2 times (August 15th, 2016) Ended: July 16th, 2018
I'm moving forward with the 1st run of these displays.
I'm no longer calling them "Clocks" and am now calling them "Displays". The "Clock" is a minor use case for these and some people will turn that bit off.
Added package 5 for those wanting etching with no remote control
Package 1: The final display size will be 40"x11"
Package 2-5: The final display size will be 40"x16"
- 1x Acrylic front with sanded edges with panel holes: Gray tint ~40"x11"
- 1x Acrylic back with sanded edges with panel holes without Edge Lighting: Gray tint ~40"x11"
- 1x Acrylic back with sanded edges with panel holes with Edge Lighting: Clear ~40"x16". You can request a Clear ~40"x11" back panel if you don't want etching from me or don't plan to add it yourself later.
- 2x Single color RED LED Panels
- 1x Hardware kit (includes spacers, washers, wall hangers, and screws)
- 1x Run-DMD board with latest firmware and basic SD card image
- 1x Power supply
Package numbers and pricing (choose 1):
- Package 1. Base complete jumbo display $425
- Package 2. Base complete display with edge lighting $525
- Package 3. Base complete display with edge lighting and remote control $550
- Package 4. Base complete display with edge lighting, remote control, and etching $600
- Package 5. Base complete display with edge lighting, No remote control, and etching $575
- Add shipping including packaging $actual cost for most locations is ~$50 since the panels are large
- Not required except for any customized piece. This includes a special size or color acrylic panel or prior to ordering acrylic.
I will be donating $10 for each display where first contact was via pinside.
Basic vs Enhanced SD card image
The display will ship with the default Run-DMD SD card image. Google can help you find an SD card image that includes the animations. There are copyright reasons I will not distribute with animations already installed. Also you will need to be capable of updating anyway since new animations are added regularly.
I'm no artist. The prototype display shows an example of what I mean by basic etching. Note the use of a stencil font. If you want something more complex you need to provide me with a self-adhesive stencil reverse printed that I can use to do the "soda blasting" on the back side of the frame. If you have a silhouette compatible design I'd be open to cutting it and using it on your display. The size of the area where the etching is located is 40 x 3" on the prototype. I'm expanding this size to about 40" x 6" which will allow for larger letters and possibly graphics. I'm open to other sizes but may increase the cost for the panels. Once it's etched it's yours. It can't be "undone" once it's etched. I will use my discretion. If you have very specific requests you need to be very clear and I will do my best to accommodate.
I will then fill domestic shipping orders in the order of the list. I may need help figuring out how to do international orders..
Adding your name to the list.
Copy the latest list then add yourself to the bottom. This will also serve as a waiting and interest list for any future runs. Include the following.
Differences between the pictured display and the ones I'm running.
- The proto has a clear front with window tint film applied. The batch run will include tinted acrylic that will look but better.
- The proto has dual color displays with the green disabled to give only red. The run will include single color RED panels.
- The proto has holes drilled into the back for hanging it. The run will include heavy-duty hangers that will extend a bit from the top. Since these are NOT laser cut getting a good hanger hole is nearly impossible. You can drill your own holes later if you want holes in the backboard.
- The panel pictured has the power cord going through the wall. The cord/brick supplied has about a 4' cord. Each will ship with an extension at least 8' long.
Youtube video of prototype clock
- Jumbo display prototype with the panels in Red only mode with edge lighting enabled. The color of the edge lighting can be set as a background color when no animation is running (red in this case) and a color (including random) for the lighting when an animation is playing.
- Image for size comparison. The bottom is a Stern LED DMD removed from a Metallica Pro LED, the middle is the j_m_ clock, the top is the jumbo display prototype (in dual color looks florescent green).
- Jumbo display prototype powered off with flash to show the etching.
- Jumbo display prototype powered off with no flash.
Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!
The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.