(Topic ID: 142953)

run-dmd - assembled clocks v3 - balance (shipping this week)

By j_m_

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by shlockdoc
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jc1_(resized).jpg
    1449790074410-890690540.jpg
    LED_panel_specs.jpg
    IMG_1364.jpg
    IMG_1353.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1358.jpg
    EXP_ONE_bottom.jpg
    EXP_ONE_top.jpg
    run-dmd_frame_v3.jpg
    v3_mockup_02.jpg
    v3_mockup_01.jpg
    1447845229449266006184.jpg
    1447845120372-763354090.jpg
    IMG_12641.jpg
    acrylic_frame_rear_v3.jpg
    There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 8 years ago

2015.nov.23 - the list is now closed. I am no longer taking any more names to be added to the waiting list at this time

for a short time, I will be offering fully assembled run-dmd clocks

I am currently in the process of sourcing the remaining parts necessary to build one last fully assembled run of torbjorn/limpan's fantastic pinball animation clocks. all clocks are fully assembled, tested and carefully packaged in custom sized boxes for shipping with bubble wrap and packaging peanuts to ensure safe delivery.

upon delivery, the only thing that you'll need to do (after unboxing everything) is insert the 2032 lithium disc battery and connect the power supply cord to get the clock running.

pricing is set at 375usd plus shipping (I will ship globally, however except high shipping costs due to the size of the parcel).

the clocks from this run will feature the 4th revision of my acrylic frames, which will the following enhancements:
    - screw holes for mounting the EXP ONE expansion board (sold separately)
    - re-positioning of the run-dmd pc board to eliminate the need for the low profile ribbon cable connector
    - a larger exposed section to allow easy access to the menu buttons, lithium battery and ICSP header / pic chip (for firmware updates)

assembly of the first batch of clocks will commence once the LED display panels and run-dmd pc boards arrive and the frames have been revised (probably mid-december)

shipping in 2016 per requests
    Mayboyz - shipping 01.11.2016

completed/shipped orders:
    tamoore, fattrain, huo, SilverballNut, S3G, pcb355, Toasterdog, kettchxxii, TheRoach123, BentleyBear
    thall17, Jvspin, Ed209, Snake, MnHotRod, Redketchup, Magic_Mike, Patofnaud, T2play, eharan, pinmaniac
    Brian_Pinball, SilverUnicorn, jeffspinballpalace, Kkuoppamaki, jletourn, daveispinball, pinlawyer, Cidco
    PinBackPacker, Tbgolfen, Pdxmonkey, Toucanf16, C2Motorsports, shlockdoc, blueman01

#3 8 years ago

I'm onboard for this. Quite a unique piece.

#4 8 years ago

Add me. Are new animations for newer games getting added to the clock display?

#5 8 years ago

Add me please. Was already looking at trying to put one together.

#6 8 years ago

Add me. PM sent

#7 8 years ago

Add me, PM sent. Thanks for doing this!

#8 8 years ago

Add me to the list please.

#9 8 years ago

Throw me in the list. I need one of those!

#10 8 years ago

I have one of j_m_'s clocks. It fills me with joy every time I look at it!

Run-DMD.jpgRun-DMD.jpg

#11 8 years ago

Add me to the list! Thanks for doing this project.

#12 8 years ago

I may have missed it - what is the price shipped to a US address?

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from RoyF:

I may have missed it - what is the price shipped to a US address?

He said in the first post that it will be $375 + shipping. I assume the shipping will vary depending on location.

#14 8 years ago

Roy if you want to check mine out beore you commit, youre more than welcome. Besides I need my backdoor back to my faces

#15 8 years ago

Add me to the list

#16 8 years ago

Looks like the spots are filling up quickly. Get 'em before they're gone, people.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

screw holes for mounting the EXP ONE expansion board (sold separately)

What would the expansion board be used for?

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

What would the expansion board be used for?

Remote control, buttons for modifying settings while hanging on the wall.. stuff like that, it seems.

#20 8 years ago

Here's a link that gives some more details about the expansion board ...

http://run-dmd.com/product/exp-one

#21 8 years ago

What is the power source for this clock? If it is the battery, how long does that last?

#22 8 years ago

I'd like to be on the list. PM sent.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

What is the power source for this clock? If it is the battery, how long does that last?

It plug in the wall. The battery is for memory

#24 8 years ago

just a head's up:
    once I've completed making the adjustments for rev 3 of the rear panels and submitted them to myponoko, I will make them available for free on ponoko.com for those that want to source the components and build the clocks themselves.

as others have stated, you can use english (imperial) hardware for everything except the m3 x 30mm stand-offs that connect to the studs on the back side of the LED display panels

I will create a new guide to show the assembly process as well as the new features.
    it takes about an hour to assemble the clock if you've got all of the components laid out orderly in front of you

#25 8 years ago

Hey J_M_, my buddy ED209 sent me this link so I signed up just to reserve a spot. Would you mind adding me to the list? Thanks.

#26 8 years ago

I made a video showing the installation, assembly process, and a quick tutorial showing features of the RunDMD when I bought mine.

#27 8 years ago

Please add me to the list

#28 8 years ago

2015.nov.06 update:
    in my possession:
    - all of the hardware (nuts, bolts, stand-offs and washers) for the entire run of 16 clocks
    - LED panels for 3-1/2 clocks (with another 9 panels en route)
    - 4 power supplies (with 4 more en route)

I'm still waiting on receipt of the batch of (8) run-dmd pc boards. I hope to have them next week at which point I can make the necessary changes to the rear acrylic panel.

once I can do this and get the new frames produced (which takes about 10 days), I should have enough components to satisfy the first 8 people on the list.

the only thing that I can possibly foresee as an issue is that the company on aliexpress.com that I've been sourcing the LED panels from is currently out of stock, meaning that I will need to find a substitute vendor (again from aliexpress.com) to source the remaining 16 panels.

because of this, I will only order 8 acrylic frame sets to take care of the first 2 batches of people and wait for delivery of the last 16 panels before ordering the remaining frames (just in case changes exist between the 2 panel manufacturers)

#29 8 years ago

2015.nov.10 update
    in my possession:
    - LED panels for a total of 8 clocks
    - power supplies for 8 clocks

still waiting on the delivery of the run-dmd boards with the EXP ONE board so that I can finalize revising the rear acrylic panel. I believe the hole will be large enough to access the buttons, battery, sd card, pic chip as well as remove/swap the jumpers should you want to change the color of the display (red/green/orange).

edit:
    there may be a bump in the road going forward for the remaining 8 clocks). the company on aliexpess.com where I've sourced the LED display panels from is currently out of stock. I just spoke with a representative and they need commitment for quite a few pcs in order to justify another run.

if this is the case, I will need to source samples from one of the other companies and determine if they are compatible with the rear panel as it is currently laid out before moving forward. (more alterations to the rear acrylic panel may be necessary due to the stud placement for securing the LED panels)

#30 8 years ago

Can't wait to get mine.

#31 8 years ago

BUMP for a great seller- patient/great communication and came through in spades with a beautiful clock that I love.

Great addition to the game room!

#32 8 years ago

I finally received the first batch of 8 run-dmd pc boards along with an EXP ONE board today

IMG_1114[1].JPGIMG_1114[1].JPG

however, due to the way that the buttons are positioned on the EXP ONE, it would need to be mounted reversed compared to the run-dmd (component side of the EXP ONE facing the front of the clock) versus how the the run-dmd board is mounted to the rear acrylic panel to orient the buttons so that they match the order of the options displayed in the settings menu

the problem is that stand-offs (or a minimum of 3 nylon washers) are still necessary to mount the EXP ONE, and the height of the stand-offs cannot exceed [x] mm for fear of the component side of the board interfering with backside of the LED panels. this also means that additional 8 mm (or shorter) M3 bolts would need to be sourced to secure the panel in place. and while my revisions will allow for the EXP ONE to be mounted

with that being said, I'd like to poll those of you on the reservation list if I should continue with my revisions to add the 4 holes necessary to mount the EXP ONE board (with its buttons accessible from the bottom edge of the clock). your votes will help me decide if I should proceed. thank you for your time

edit:
    using a scrap piece of acrylic, there does appear to be enough clearance for the EXP ONE even when using the m3 16mm long stand-offs. my suggestion would be to use something a bit shorter (6 to 10mm in length), positioning the 90° mounted buttons closer to rear panel and thereby placing less stress on the raised board assembly when depressing them (or eliminating their use altogether when coupled with the wireless fob)

if I were to offer this option (as a deluxe model), the price for the clock including a mounted EXP ONE and the wireless fob would be 450usd plus shipping

#33 8 years ago

according to a pm that I received from limpan (linus), there is an option to re-assign which buttons perform which function (I'm assuming this is for both the keyfob and the EXP ONE buttons), so my comment above about having to mount the board component side up is now a moot point.

in thinking about it a bit more, I can see where some people may want the EXP ONE with it's 90° buttons accessible from the bottom (for wall mounted clocks) while others from the top (for those who want it simply as a desk clock), so the 3rd revision of the laser cut files will include 2 sets of mounting holes.

my goal is to complete the files this weekend so that I can submit the order for the next 8 clocks and try and get those delivered prior to xmas.

for those of you on the list, if you would like to "upgrade" your order to include the EXP ONE and wireless keyfob, please pm me so that I can order those components asap and hopefully time their arrival with the acrylic panels from ponoko

#34 8 years ago

What the heck its only money ... Im in for the Upgrade.

Please add the EXP ONE and the wireless keyfob to my order I was going to add it eventually anyway.

Only thing left would be to add the LED lighting strip.

PM sent

#35 8 years ago

I see the 16 slots filled, any chance of still getting one?

#36 8 years ago

I also would love to get one of these. Please add me to the list if a spot opens up.

Thanks
    Ed

#37 8 years ago

The animations will be loaded to? If so, please add me to the waiting list. Thanks.

#38 8 years ago

I would like to also be added to the list.

Thank you,
    Chris

#39 8 years ago

Definitely add me if you are going for a new run. I want one of these things bad, so awesome.

#40 8 years ago

These are way cooler even that you think they are. It's hard to be in the room without staring at it. Sort of like a room full of ladies and a baby...

j_m_ is great. I got a couple from his last run. You won't be disappointed.

#41 8 years ago

an arcade haul and 2 pinball leagues this past weekend took most of my time. I hope to finish the revisions to the frame tonight and submit it for laser cutting for the 1st batch of 8 and will then source the rest of the components for the remaining 8 people on the list.

once all of that is taken care of, I will probably open up the list again for another [final?] batch. I've got most of the people's names that have requested one but didn't get on the list in time (I will try and update this evening). if you don't see your name listed, please pm me so that I can add you.

#42 8 years ago

Sorry, it's frustrating to type on a tablet sometimes. Thanks for putting this together. Like I said these are amazing and j_m_ does a great job with it.

#43 8 years ago

Just seeing the option to add the EXP ONE and KeyFOB now. Please add them to my order.

Thanks for doing all this work. Excited to show off a RUN-DMD in the game room!

#44 8 years ago

Hope I'm not too late to the party, PM sent!

#45 8 years ago

2015.nov.17 update
    I've updated the list (see 1st post) to accommodate all requests that have come after reaching the limit for the 16 people

I have placed another order with run-dmd.com to try and fill the balance of that hardware (but I will need to create a follow-up order since I gobbled up all of their stock of run-dmd pc boards and wireless fobs). a follow-up order for the outstanding boards will be created as soon as they restock.

I will be ordering all of the rest of the LED panels and power supplies this week from ali express (probably tonight).

and I plan [firmly] to finalize the revisions for the rear acrylic panel, submit them to ponoko tonight (and place the order for the entire run)
    (I will post an image of the final design tonight or tomorrow)

how quickly they are laser cut and shipped will determine how many clocks I can get into people's hands prior to x-mas

#46 8 years ago

J_M_ don't forget to put me on the list. (PM 6 days ago )

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

J_M_ don't forget to put me on the list. (PM 6 days ago )

corrected. sorry about that mate

#48 8 years ago

No worries.

#49 8 years ago

2015.nov.17 (late) update
    frame revision is complete. here's what it looks like

acrylic frame (rear v3).jpgacrylic frame (rear v3).jpg

order with ponoko.com will be submitted tomorrow. free plans to be posted before the end of the week

changes include:
    - 2 positions for mounting the EXP ONE board (top or bottom)
    - new cut-out to include easy access to the sd card, battery, pic chip as well as changing jumpers for the dual colored displays (to select red, green or orange)

#50 8 years ago

paper prototyping at its finest. what do you people think?
    IMG_1264[1].JPGIMG_1264[1].JPG

sorry about the blurry image

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-fully-assembled-clocks-v3-pre-order-list and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.