Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Hjbondar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5518 (resized).JPG
    20161206_200054 (resized).jpg
    20161206_190659 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

brian,
    you have one of the original clocks with the dual colored LEDs, correct? (red/green)

I watched your video and would suggest this. hold down button 3 and then power the clock on. continue holding down button 3 until you see the first [of many] setting configurations. let them cycle until the proper one displays and then press button 4 to lock in the setting.

if that doesn't work, shoot me your mailing address and I can update an SD card (I have a neighbor that has one of the older HUB08 clocks), make the necessary changes and then mail it off to you. you can then return your original sd card to me

ps
    you may want to make sure that the button you're pressing and holding [on power up] is indeed button 3. in many of my clock designs the pc boards are reversed or rotated so button 3 isn't necessarily the 3rd button (from left to right

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from marspinball:

On the expansion board what are buttons 3 and 4? They are in C A B D order.
    I also had the same issue with the previous version when I tried to update so I went back to the prior version. (now two versions ago).
    Also have another issue. I tried to install the latest image (uncompressed from the zip) on my own 2gb card. At 98% it would stop and I get an error message. This happened three times. My card shows a 1.87gb in Windows prior to writing the image to it.

what expansion board are you referring to? the EXP one? A=1, B=2, C=3 and D=4
    I know that on the remote fob, the buttons are in a weird order as well

linus (limpan here on pinside) mentioned that there was an issue with one of the previous image files and that using a 4GB (or higher capacity) SD card solves this issue.

I've had no issues updating the newest image file (132) onto a transcend 2GB SD card, however I do not have any sandisk 2GB SD cards on hand to see if the problem exists with that brand

5 months later
    #14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hjbondar:

Hi - I have an earlier generation frame with HUB08 displays and am having a problem. The Run-DMD boards, BTW, are the latest generation and it has an 8gb SD card and an exp board. I can't get past the screen I am showing (sorry that it is a little washed out) - any suggestions for what I am doing wrong or how to correct this? thanks - Harvey

it's possible that your sd card is corrupt. the same screen displays and doesn't proceed to the actual clock display if the sd card is not installed

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-display-issue?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.