5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ImNotNorm
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gameroom (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

a few people have commented that their clocks have either started to display a corrupt screen or nothing when attempting to play one of the many animations.

there's a good chance that you may have lost power while the clock was running (and attempting to write information to the SD card during that power loss) and subsequently, the SD card has become corrupt. this is what you need to do to fix the issue:

steps to fix corrupted SD cards
    - browse to https://rundmdimage.wordpress.com/ and download the latest firmware
    NOTE: make sure that you are downloading the firmware for the run-dmd EDGE/white boards, not the pico board.

as of 2018.nov.20, the latest version is B134 (fixed image)

- download the application, HDD rawcopy, from here: http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/HDDRawCopy1.10Portable.exe

- run HDD raw copy and select the image file that you downloaded above as the 'source', then click 'ok'

- select the drive letter containing the SD card (don't worry about your computer complaining that the SD card needs to be formatted when you insert it into your reader. information is written to the card without a file allocation table, which is why windows displays this dialog

NOTE: make sure to select the proper drive letter. I take no responsibility for anyone not doing so and formatting a partition of their computer's harddrive

- press the 'OK' button and let raw copy do it's job of re-imaging the SD card

- replace the SD card into your run-dmd clock. you may or may not have to hold down button 3 and re-select the proper display type. you will need to adjust the settings that I preset on everyone's clock including (setting the time, adjusting the brightness, enabling all animations)
    these adjustments are saved on the SD card which is why you will lose them after re-imaging the SD card

1 year later
    #2 4 years ago

This is great info to have!

#3 4 years ago

Yep, mine is a $300 paperweight right now due the SD card corruption. Unfortunately, I don’t have all the computer stuff to fix it at this time

#4 4 years ago

Anyone else have the problem where the clock quickly flashes a power off icon then powers off as soon as it is plugged in? I thought maybe it was a corrupted SD card issue talked about above so burned a new one, but that made no difference. Mine is also a paperweight currently and I really miss watching the animations.

3 weeks later
    #5 4 years ago

This thing is AWESOME!
    Jumbo Red with edge lighting.
    Looks great in my game room.
    HIGHLY recommended.

Gameroom (resized).jpgGameroom (resized).jpg
    #6 4 years ago

i've reflashed my SD card 4 times over the last year. no power failure. no glitch. just turn the clock on one day, and get garbled graphics with a good clock in between each newly garbled image. reflash fixes it every time.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from youdontknowme:

i've reflashed my SD card 4 times over the last year. no power failure. no glitch. just turn the clock on one day, and get garbled graphics with a good clock in between each newly garbled image. reflash fixes it every time.

That's strange I've had mine for 3 or 4 years never had to do that.

1 month later
    #8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

That's strange I've had mine for 3 or 4 years never had to do that.

Same here...no problems. (Knock on wood)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-clock-reflashing-the-sd-card-to-fix-glitched-no-animations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.