2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JanS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JanS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

This is a new kit that I built using HUB75 panels. It doesn't work and never has. Sent the board back to Sweden and it ran there 24/7 for days perfectly so they said before I got it back. Hooked it up again and nothing. Power supply is good, even tried a new one with no improvement. Metered the ribbon cables for continuity and they tested good. Panels are new and could possibly be bad but both doubtful. Maybe ribbons fail when being twisted into place? I do get some color dots if I plug and unplug the power. What's odd about that is the board DIP switches are set to white?

#3 2 years ago

Ok here's what I have so far and a few questions. It works fine with a 5 volt DMD. The White RUN DMD board has a HUB75 output. When they are hooked up I get nothing. Even though the White board has a HUB75 output I see the ribbon cable pin out is different from a HUB08. I also see that the White board designer is making an adapter card for HUB75 panels? If this board will work with HUB75 panels and the White board has that output then why are they making the adapter. Are these HUB75 panels the problem and if not I guess I have 2 bad ones? What could the chance of that be? Do I need to make a cable configured to the HUB08 pinout for the HUB75's to work?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JanS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-clock-help-needed-pittsburgh-pa-area?tu=JanS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.