New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 122675)

RUN-DMD - bulk purchase for frames (north america)

By j_m_

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Thor-NL
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0932[1].JPG
    20150425_233651.jpg
    DSC00407.JPG
    DSC00408.JPG
    DSC00411.JPG
    DSC00412.JPG
    Run-DMD-01.JPG
    005.JPG
    008.JPG
    image.jpg
    rundmdframe2.JPG
    rundmdframe1.JPG
    IMG_3878.jpg
    IMG_3876.jpg
    CAM00483.jpg
    CAM00482.jpg

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

there's no way in heck that I'm going to un-package, hand cut and then re-package 200 screws.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

#102 5 years ago

2015 apr 29 update:
    talk about fast. I should have the washers tomorrow and if that happens, look for shipping quotes and invoices over the weekend

#103 5 years ago

2015 may 01 update:
    invoices have been sent

let me know if you did not receive a pm with the invoice amount and my paypal information.

#104 5 years ago

all of the frame kits have been boxed up. need to print shipping labels and box the completed kits tomorrow.

#105 5 years ago

and it looks like I have 3 frame sets still available. if anyone is still interested and wasn't able to get on the list before I closed it, now is your time.

#106 5 years ago

I'm interested in a set, PM sent.

#108 5 years ago

going, going, gone!

well, that didn't take very long

#109 5 years ago

all boxed up, labeled and ready to ship tomorrow

those of you that ordered the frame sets will find the hardware taped inside (double ziplock bagged, so hopefully nothing is lost in transit)

IMG_0932[1].JPG

#110 5 years ago

Thanks j_m_ for letting me in on the ride

#111 5 years ago

all paid parcels will post out tonight (about 6 hours from now). just about everyone's tracking information should come directly usps.com (

if you do not receive your tracking information within the next 24 hours please contact me via pm

I have ordered the hardware for the 2nd batch of 22 sets. this will be the final batch that I will personally handling. as soon as I take delivery of all of the hardware components, the order for the acrylic frames from ponoko.com will be placed, and a new thread for reservations started.

note: please do not contact me to be added to the 2nd batch reservation list until I start the next thread.

#112 5 years ago

Just wanted to let you know that I got mine in today. Your house must smell pretty nice unless ponoko smells good. What ever it is somewhere along the lines the frames were near some nice air fresheners . Packaged very well and arrived undamaged.

#113 5 years ago

hehe. glad to hear that the packaging worked out and that they arrived undamaged.

ps
    I do have a couple of these unstopables plug-in air fresheners in my house
    air-so-shimmer-panel1.png

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

That must be it!

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

Quoted from Syco54645:

That must be it!

OMG!! i forsee some sneezing dogs at customs

#116 5 years ago

Got mine in last night and put it together. Thanks again for arranging this for us!

#117 5 years ago

assembly tip:
    for those of you that don't have delicate lady-sized hands, make sure to plug the connector for the power brick into the pc board prior installing the LED panels onto the rear panel.

there's not a lot of room to "fish" that cable to the power socket once it's all assembled

#118 5 years ago

Let's see some pics of those that got their frames put together! My frame was supposed to be here yesterday but USPS says it's delayed in-transit. Lame-o!

#119 5 years ago

the community is a fickle one. the same thing happened with the joust plastics. everyone was all "yay!" and stuff until I shipped them and then the whole place went quiet as a mouse in a church

I don't think that anyone ever posted pics of their joust playfield plastics installed

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

the community is a fickle one. the same thing happened with the joust plastics. everyone was all "yay!" and stuff until I shipped them and then the whole place went quiet as a mouse in a church
    I don't think that anyone ever posted pics of their joust playfield plastics installed

Do you have a picture of your completed one I saw picture of them boxed. Maybe I just missed it.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I will post here the assembled panel.

But i think it will be another couple of days

#122 5 years ago

If my damn panels were in I would gladly take a pic. I am excited for the new addon. I guess it will fit our frames. Wonder what all it is!

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlooking:

Do you have a picture of your completed one I saw picture of them boxed. Maybe I just missed it.

I don't have a completed one. I oversold the frames (by one), so I shipped my frame as well

guess I'll have to offer up that 2nd batch now

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I don't have a completed one. I oversold the frames (by one), so I shipped my frame as well
    guess I'll have to offer up that 2nd batch now

Thanks again!

#125 5 years ago

Man, I maybe want in on this. I always wanted something like this in the gameroom. When you do the kits, is everything included and just have assemble, plug n play? Do you include the DMD, etc.? All that's needed is to upload our own images? Whats the cost for the complete kit? Thanks

#126 5 years ago

Apologies for the poor quality, but here is mine.

CAM00479.jpg CAM00480.jpg CAM00481.jpg CAM00482.jpg CAM00483.jpg
    #127 5 years ago

Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Man, I maybe want in on this. I always wanted something like this in the gameroom. When you do the kits, is everything included and just have assemble, plug n play? Do you include the DMD, etc.? All that's needed is to upload our own images? Whats the cost for the complete kit? Thanks

all of this is answered in previous posts.

#129 5 years ago

I got my frames this week. Thanks to j_m_ for organizing this and making it all happen!

#130 5 years ago

Still have to do some wire management/concealment, but here's mine.

Thanks j_m_!!!

IMG_3876.jpg IMG_3878.jpg
    #131 5 years ago

Got my parts kit and the power supply. Still waiting on the displays from China. I guess it could be tomorrow or two weeks from tomorrow. LOL. I need to set up the SD card.

Can't wait. Many thanks again to J_M_ for putting this together!!

#132 5 years ago

before I open up reservations for batch no. 2, I've started a new thread for a few proposed changes

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-potential-frame-improvement#post-2438571

#133 5 years ago

Got the displays yesterday and put the whole thing together. Plugged it in and it all works great! I did change the delay to 1 second.

Now that I have it up and running, I would actually say that it is cooler than I was hoping for. Will be hanging it in my game room today.

#134 5 years ago

Got my kit this week and assembled it this weekend. I misunderstood the whole washer/screw snafu, so that set me back a little. A few sloppy dremel cuts later, the screws threaded fine. Just wanted to say thanks to j_m_ for sourcing the kit and putting this all together. It was packed perfect, and arrived fast. Thanks again.

#135 5 years ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned in any of these threads, but it would be nice if there was a way to center the clock on the screen instead of being offset to the right.

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Not sure if this has been mentioned in any of these threads, but it would be nice if there was a way to center the clock on the screen instead of being offset to the right.

Yes, that would be awesome. It's the first thing everybody says when they see the clock. For those European guys in 24 hour mode the two dots are centered on the clock with 2 numbers to the left and 2 numbers to the right. But when you run it in 12 hour mode with the AM/PM showing only 1 character is left of center and 4 characters and a space are right of center making it look very offset.

#137 5 years ago

I haven't had much time to play with the clock, but I think the 12hr mode still shows 12am as "zero o'clock".

#138 5 years ago

^^this is true^^

Also is there was a way to set the time down to the second? My run-dmd clock is 40 seconds fast. When I adjust the clock to the minute, it doesn't reset the seconds.

#139 5 years ago

I've placed the order for the frames from ponoko.com. with that said, I've opened up reservations for the 2nd (and final batch).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-bulk-purchase-for-frames-north-america-batch-2#post-2445078

ps
    once ponoko.com finalizes the order (and unlocks my designs), I will make the design sets available, free of charge

#140 5 years ago

Arrived today, well packed !! Thanks j_m_
    rundmdframe1.JPG

Had to assemble, dont have the 5v power adapter yet so i know i have to do it again

rundmdframe2.JPG
    Great looking, thanks again j_m_

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Had to assemble, dont have the 5v power adapter yet so i know i have to do it again

No you should be able to plug the power supply in. There is just enough room to get in there.

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

No you should be able to plug the power supply in. There is just enough room to get in there.

Use a needle-nose pliers. No problem. I did it when I realized I ran the power in from the wrong side.

Is there a way to add or remove animations from the image?

#143 5 years ago

Here's mine. Went together like a dream. Nice addition to my Plex served flatscreen.

image.jpg

005.JPG 008.JPG
    #144 5 years ago

Promissed a picture of the assembled clock

Such a great must-have for any gameroom

Run-DMD-01.JPG
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 23.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 22.50
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Other
    Cento Creations
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 11.00
    $ 218.00
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside