Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ns2973
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1515173819472305551616 (resized).jpg
    15151736596992083981789 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    IMG_0102[1] (resized).JPG
    il_340x270.994353214_nsuz (resized).jpg
    Run DMD 2 (800x342) (resized).jpg
    Run DMD 3 (800x346) (resized).jpg
    Run DMD 1 (800x335) (resized).jpg
    IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4173 (resized).JPG
    20170723_224855 (resized).jpg
    20170723_200236 (resized).jpg
    gameroom2.jpg
    11111 (resized).jpg
    11111111 (resized).jpg
    run-dmd white pc board (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meegis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago

Hm...

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

yeah, yeah, yeah
    I need to add you per our earlier discussion

I'm still on the fence, but with a heavy lean. Need to figure out the dollar exchange issue.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Let me push you over the fence, get it it is well worth the price. Although not cheap the sign is just awesome and worth every penny. I was on the fence too but am glad I went through with the purchase, it is absolutely awesome. I have the clock in the living room and although my wife would prefer it was where the pinballs are at, I like having a pinball reminder that is apart from the games.

I totally here you and I have a great place for it. Only issue is once exchange crosses back, and I get it home. Im looking at a $750 bill

I met J_M_ in person recently and we spoke about it. He knows where my heads at. I did mention it to my wife that my birthday comes up in August and I can grab it from J_M_ end of July

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

what do they pay you in canada for selling your plasma?

social healthcare

we donate

and I am not even allowed to (health reasons)

2 weeks later
    #35 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

thanks PinballLew
    if everyone would take the time to read the menu navigation guide .pdf posted in the OP (and again here in this reply), it will probably answer 99% of the questions that you may have about the available options for the product that the run-dmd guys are putting out
    information regarding how to adjust the many options found in the clock can be found here:
    http://www.phosphors.com/run-dmd/Run-DMD_v3.52_Menu_Navigation.pdf

But does it display the time?

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

only if you pay for the upgrade

Quoted from Pinballlew:

*Time sold separately

Im already gonna be in the hole an extra 40% for exchange and another 13% tax.

$700 clock as of right now.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

you could always move a bit south and west (into the ghettos of detroit) to save yourself that exchange rate

I would love to live in America.... I just need employment.

2 weeks later
    #48 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2017.jun.26 update
    limpan just pm'ed me that the first batch of run-dmd white pc boards have been shipped out. I've also placed the order for the acrylic for the first 24 clocks this morning, (which I should have by the end of next week)
    assembly of the custom length power and data cables will commence this week and clock assembly & boxing will start to occur as soon as the pc boards and acrylic panels arrive
    look for a pm containing a total amount due along with where/how to pay within the next 15-20 days
    if anyone has any questions that have not been answered, feel free to pm me or post to this thread

Can you PM me a phone number I can reach you on?

Hoping my dirty talk can persuade you

#53 6 years ago

If my Nigerian cousin sends you funds, just be aware he sometimes overpays. Heavily.

Feel free to refund the difference. You can trust him.... he's of royalty.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

sorry, but I view all overpayments as a sign of appreciation and they will be viewed as a "gratuity"
    I do however, welcome all princes, princesses, dukes dutchesses, lords, ladies and elder statesmen (and women) to send me whatever funds that they wish to

Princess Meegis, the duchess of Vaughan....at your request.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2017.jul.03 update
    good news everybody!
    the first batch of the run-dmd pc boards should arrive today and the acrylic has shipped and I should have that by the end of this week (a week earlier than I expected

Anybody else read this post like Professor Farnsowrth??

11111111 (resized).jpg11111111 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #65 6 years ago

As of right now... Ouch. Add to that, 13% tax on border crossing.

11111 (resized).jpg11111 (resized).jpg

#66 6 years ago

However, I can say its much better than when this thread started.... I was looking at $1.38

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

all paid clocks were shipped today. if you do not receive an email from usps.com, please pm me for your tracking info
    ps
    for any one that is purchasing a clock from me this last and final batch and are attending expo in chicago (october), feel free to stop by my booth and say "hi"
    I plan on doing something "special" (details are forthcoming

Special? I like special, but I doubt I will make it to expo.

Quoted from j_m_:

would you like some cheese with that Canadian whine of yours?
    sorry mate, but I do not control the exchange rates
    at least you still have aero and mars bars

Coffee Crisp and Smarties too!!

3 weeks later
    #96 6 years ago

Mine is still sitting NIB by my front door.

No time to set it up (PUN!)

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

How are you guys hiding the power cord for these? just drilling a hole in the wall and running it down and back out?

If you dont open the box, its completely hidden.

(see post above)

#116 6 years ago

Mine's still NIB

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

<stront>2017.aug.16 update
    a few people have reached out to me indicating that they have damaged the front or rear panel and would like a replacement. if you are one of those unfortunate few, please reply in a pm so work out the details with me on purchasing a replacement panel
    I'm only going to order a few extra sets, so this will be a limited time offer

How limited? I need to find the time to open the thing.... (not joking, honestly asking)

2 months later
    #158 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2017.oct.16 update
    none of the remaining clocks were sold @ expo last week (possibly due to the fact that my appearances were scattered between 3 areas)
    so...
    what I'm going to do is offer those people that have purchased a clock from me from this batch, as well as all those that purchase one from me (until supplies run out or the end of 2017) the chance to win a free assembled pico run-dmd clock
    the [random] drawing will occur just before xmas (1 entry per clock purchased per person) with the winner being posted here

My ears are burning

2 months later
    #190 6 years ago

Mine is still nib.

1 week later
    #198 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2018.jan.01 update
    the winner of the pico size run-dmd clock has been selected and their clock will be posted out tomorrow
    I'm going to leave the winner's name a mystery (for now) and allow them to be surprised and post once they receive the prize
    thank you to everyone for supporting this project, it's been a fun venture for the past couple of years, but it has now reached its end
    ps
    I still have a few clocks left in inventory that are available for purchase (2 of the regular sized ones and 5 stern sized kits)

I hope the added cost of shipping to Canada weren't too bad

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from Owlnonymous:

I just got my clock put together and on the wall. I love it! Thanks for offering this service.
    My only issue is that when putting the displays on purple, there are white dots in the mix. Anyone else encounter this issue?
    » YouTube video

Go back in this thread to post # 104. It has been discussed before.

Maybe j_m_ can she'd some new light on the issue?

1 week later
    #209 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That would be cool as, previously posted, purple is my preferred color choice.

I still need to unbox mine.

Haha

I've only had it 5 months now

3 months later
    #227 5 years ago

Still nib here

See j_m_ avatar for my reaction to myself

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meegis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-assembled-clocks-batch-7-gauging-interest?tu=Meegis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.