Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ns2973
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1515173819472305551616 (resized).jpg
    15151736596992083981789 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    IMG_0102[1] (resized).JPG
    il_340x270.994353214_nsuz (resized).jpg
    Run DMD 2 (800x342) (resized).jpg
    Run DMD 3 (800x346) (resized).jpg
    Run DMD 1 (800x335) (resized).jpg
    IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4173 (resized).JPG
    20170723_224855 (resized).jpg
    20170723_200236 (resized).jpg
    gameroom2.jpg
    11111 (resized).jpg
    11111111 (resized).jpg
    run-dmd white pc board (resized).jpg
    There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 6 years ago

2017.oct.16 update
    none of the remaining clocks were sold @ expo last week (possibly due to the fact that my appearances were scattered between 3 areas)

so...
    what I'm going to do is offer those people that have purchased a clock from me from this batch, as well as all those that purchase one from me (until supplies run out or the end of 2017) the chance to win a free assembled pico run-dmd clock

the [random] drawing will occur just before xmas (1 entry per clock purchased per person) with the winner being posted here

#152 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2017.oct.16 update
    none of the remaining clocks were sold @ expo last week (possibly due to the fact that my appearances were scattered between 3 areas)
    so...
    what I'm going to do is offer those people that have purchased a clock from me from this batch, as well as all those that purchase one from me (until supplies run out or the end of 2017) the chance to win a free assembled pico run-dmd clock
    the [random] drawing will occur just before xmas (1 entry per clock purchased per person) with the winner being posted here

Thanks, that sounds great. The Run DMD clock is an awesome addition to the game room.

#153 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2017.oct.16 update
    so...

Oh yeah...very cool of you...I am going to rub my lucky rabbits foot!

#154 6 years ago

now that sounds like an awesome idea! Good luck to everyone on winning a pico run-DMD

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

none of the remaining clocks were sold @ expo last week

I purchased one so should win by default

#156 6 years ago

Yeah Great choice !
    Thanks

#157 6 years ago

il_340x270.994353214_nsuz (resized).jpgil_340x270.994353214_nsuz (resized).jpg

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2017.oct.16 update
    so...

My ears are burning

3 weeks later
    #159 6 years ago

just a bump for the rest of the forum

I still have 10 full sized clocks and 7 of the stern sized kits available to ship

#161 6 years ago

Might be a silly question: Does anyone know what the power consumption on these is? Do you leave it on all the time or plug it in when you are in the room? Have it on a timer?

#162 6 years ago

one of the settings on the clock is to turn the display on/off based on the current time. if you know that you're never in the room between the hours of 1am and 8 am, you can turn off the display during that time using the options in the on screen menus

I'm not sure what the power consumption is on the run-dmd pc board, but according to the aliexpress.com page for the display panels, they are: 350w

the user manual (with all of the on screen menu options) can be found here:
    http://www.phosphors.com/run-dmd/Run-DMD_v3.52_Menu_Navigation.pdf

#163 6 years ago

I just leave mine on all the time... never had a problem with it or notice any increase in consumption.

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

just a bump for the rest of the forum
    I still have 10 full sized clocks and 7 of the stern sized kits available to ship

price on both?

#165 6 years ago

all the details are in the first post, however the full size clocks are $450 and the kits are $300 (you have to provide your own stern LED display. note: this kit ONLY works with the newer, low voltage LED panels. not the older, gas plasma displays)
    the kits assemble in about 15-20 mins

instructions can be found here:
    http://www.phosphors.com/run-dmd/run-dmd%20stern%20sized%20assembly%20instructions%20rev1.1.pdf

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from mittens:

I just leave mine on all the time... never had a problem with it or notice any increase in consumption.

I do the same. I actually have found it really handy to have the time up on the wall without having to look for or at my phone. I haven't had a wall clock since the 90's, I forgot how handy they can be lol.

#167 6 years ago

Mine is always on, but I have timer set. It's off for about 9 hours every night.

#168 6 years ago

Still loving my clock. Always a conversation piece in my gameroom. If you're on the fence about buying I strongly urge you to snag one while they are still available.

#169 6 years ago

Always on.
    Took about 20 seconds to fix for daylight saving time.

#170 6 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Mine is always on, but I have timer set. It's off for about 9 hours every night.

This was what I was thinking about doing, since during the week, we're only down there from 5pm to 9 - 10pm. On the weekends, it's different, but it being on for 18 hrs in a day when we're not home or in bed doesn't make any sense to me. I'm assuming there's a battery inside that retains information so that when the timer kicks off, and it kicks back on again, that it wouldn't have to be re-set?

#171 6 years ago

Yes to the battery.

#172 6 years ago

2017.nov.14 update
    the remaining stock for the full size clocks has now fallen into the single digits, with 9 remaining

not only do they make excellent (but extremely large) stocking stuffers, purchasing one (before the end of the year) will enter you into the drawing for a fully assembled, USB powered run-dmd pico clock

#173 6 years ago

I saw one of these at Dayhuff's party. Awesome, and looked great. Tried to win one, but it wasn't meant to be...

1 week later
    #174 6 years ago

2017.nov.23 update
    happy thanksgiving everyone!

now, through monday, nov 27, 2017 BLACK FRIDAY pricing is in effect (while supplies last)
    full size clocks are $400 and stern sized clock kits are $300 (save $50 on each)

if you're interested, pm me your mailing information so that I can calculate the shipping costs and give you a total

#175 6 years ago

2017.nov.26 update
    2 days left for the sale and inventory is down to 7 full sized clocks

remember this is the last batch that I'm producing so if you miss out now, you'll have to source everything yourselves (including the laser-cut frames)

#176 6 years ago

2017.nov.27 update
    bumping the thread for the last day of the sale. inventory is now at 6 5 full sized clocks

if you're interested in obtaining one, pm me your mailing information so that I can calculate the shipping costs and give you my paypal account information for payment

#177 6 years ago

there are less than 9 hours left in the sale (I decided to keep the sale going through midnight PST)

pm's with your mailing address are due by midnight PST tonight and payment within 24 hours afterwards (nov.29.2017 00:00PST) in order to receive the BLACK FRIDAY pricing

1 week later
    #178 6 years ago

just a reminder for anyone still on the fence

the purchase of a clock before the end of the year also gets you entered into the raffle to win the assembled run-dmd pico kit shown here. I will be drawing the winner from the list of everyone that has purchased a clock from this batch on jan 01, 2018
    win this run-dmd pico clock!win this run-dmd pico clock!

#179 6 years ago

are there any still available?

#180 6 years ago

yes, I still have a few of the full sized clocks available

pm me your mailing information so that I can calculate the shipping costs and give you a total amount due

1 week later
    #181 6 years ago

2017.dec.18th update
    just a quick reminder, I only have a few clocks left for purchase and there are just 2 weeks left to purchase one and gets you an entry into the raffle to win the pico sized run-dmd clock!!

#182 6 years ago

So glad I ordered one...cmon pico!

#183 6 years ago

2017.dec.18th update 2
    in the process to finishing the assembly of a couple more clocks tonight, I uncovered enough components to build just a few more

I have enough run-dmd boards, acrylic and LED panels to assemble 4 more clocks. however, in order to complete the last 2, I will need to a order couple more power supplies and some more of the hardware

I also have 2 extra sets of acrylic frames left if anyone wants to purchase those from me but source the rest of the components themselves

#184 6 years ago

Would be nice to win a pico.....
    How much are they?

#185 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Would be nice to win a pico.....
    How much are they?

how much are what? the regular clocks? $450 plus shipping. the pico clock that I'm raffling off? those retail for about $225 plus shipping from the netherlands
    stern sized kits (that use one of the stern red, LED dmd panels) are $350 plus shipping

see the initial post of this thread for a lot more details

#186 6 years ago

MP !

#187 6 years ago

A great clock - I love mine! I'm constantly amazed by the huge variety of pinball game animations that it shows.

#188 6 years ago

Never was in my budget. But these things look sooo cool!

#189 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Never was in my budget. But these things look sooo cool!

Treat yourself, its Christmas.
    They are the gift that keeps giving, every minute of the day!

#190 6 years ago

Mine is still nib.

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Mine is still nib.

Release the Kracken!

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#192 6 years ago

2017.dec.26 update
    only 3 2 clocks left (and 5 days to purchase one and be entered into the drawing to win the pico size run-dmd clock)

#193 6 years ago

2017.dec.28 update
    just a reminder that sunday is the last day to purchase one of the last remaining clocks (or stern clock kits) and still be entered into the drawing for the pico size run-dmd clock

#194 6 years ago

2017.dec.31 update
    today is the last day to order either one of the remaining full sized clocks or stern sized kits and still get an entry into the raffle for the pico sized run-dmd clock

payment is due by 6pm EST (to get the bonus raffle entry) due to party commitments, so if you're interested, now is the time

#195 6 years ago

2018.jan.01 update
    the winner of the pico size run-dmd clock has been selected and their clock will be posted out tomorrow

I'm going to leave the winner's name a mystery (for now) and allow them to be surprised and post once they receive the prize

thank you to everyone for supporting this project, it's been a fun venture for the past couple of years, but it has now reached its end

ps
    I still have a few clocks left in inventory that are available for purchase (2 of the regular sized ones and 5 stern sized kits)

#196 6 years ago

Thank you for making the clocks.
    We love it, our guests love it. Always a conversation piece.

#197 6 years ago

Thanks for this superb clock, and happy new year to you and all the owner of this DMD Clock !!!

#198 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2018.jan.01 update
    the winner of the pico size run-dmd clock has been selected and their clock will be posted out tomorrow
    I'm going to leave the winner's name a mystery (for now) and allow them to be surprised and post once they receive the prize
    thank you to everyone for supporting this project, it's been a fun venture for the past couple of years, but it has now reached its end
    ps
    I still have a few clocks left in inventory that are available for purchase (2 of the regular sized ones and 5 stern sized kits)

I hope the added cost of shipping to Canada weren't too bad

#199 6 years ago

I just got my clock put together and on the wall. I love it! Thanks for offering this service.

My only issue is that when putting the displays on purple, there are white dots in the mix. Anyone else encounter this issue?

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from Owlnonymous:

I just got my clock put together and on the wall. I love it! Thanks for offering this service.
    My only issue is that when putting the displays on purple, there are white dots in the mix. Anyone else encounter this issue?
    » YouTube video

Go back in this thread to post # 104. It has been discussed before.

Maybe j_m_ can she'd some new light on the issue?

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-assembled-clocks-batch-7-gauging-interest/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.